• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBC 1:Lounis' Birthday:$200+ Bonus Pot: M2k, BigLou, Reflex, Seibrik, Kadaj

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Well, I got the wife approval!:awesome:

Now all i got to do is swing this day off of work. Only issue is I got to take off early the next week to go see "Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy" the next week. (Nobuo is supposed to be there!)

DRN

Smash Lord
Well, I got the wife approval!:awesome:

Now all i got to do is swing this day off of work. Only issue is I got to take off early the next week to go see "Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy" the next week. (Nobuo is supposed to be there!)
Well try your best. It'd be cool to see ya at this.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Ok guys, I'm making a new series of cards on Aib called "Tourney Cards".

Is BBC gonna be a series we can count on to see in the future? Because I'd really like this series to be a collectible Aib card. If so just pick a picture to represent the series and I'll add it on a card and wallah we're good.

Also, if you could find a card to represent Waba for old times sake, and SALT as well.

Player-1

Smash Legend
What type of pictures will be going on the cards, like a picture of the venue or a picture of what the name represents?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
What type of pictures will be going on the cards, like a picture of the venue or a picture of what the name represents?

It can be whatever you think will represent the tourney. I was thinking Waba's would be just the Blue W that Min had in his avi, SALT would be like a Morton can, and BBC like an outline of a butt lol.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299583

DRN

Smash Lord
Ok guys, I'm making a new series of cards on Aib called "Tourney Cards".

Is BBC gonna be a series we can count on to see in the future? Because I'd really like this series to be a collectible Aib card. If so just pick a picture to represent the series and I'll add it on a card and wallah we're good.

Also, if you could find a card to represent Waba for old times sake, and SALT as well.
BBC is meant to be a series of tourneys leading up to one big tourney. All will have pots added like this one and then once we save up enough we'll hopefully be able to host a $1000+ tourney. Of course this is assuming we get enough support at these.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'd like to have a logo for my tournament, but hichez gave up on making it unless I can talk him into trying again or unless someone else wants to try to make what I had in mind.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'd like to have a logo for my tournament, but hichez gave up on making it unless I can talk him into trying again or unless someone else wants to try to make what I had in mind.

I can give it a shot.

Although I think having a Morton can by itself on a AIB card would be beast. lol

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Because I like clearing things up, I'll address this.

It's obviously because he wants to make a business proposition out of it, rather than a service to help the community. Whether it's to stand a fighting chance in tournament or to outright win some money is not something I can say, though, apparently, people were complaining about his exorbitant ride charges at one point; however, I don't know much about the latter.
Alright, in full disclosure, since the time that I have had my car (since Sept.), I have made an earnest attempt to bring those who don't have transportation to tourneys.

However, I will say that mistakes were made in this endeavor in early trials. I will admit that some charges that I proposed were a little on the high side. Charging $40 a head for G6 (the Jan one) was a little exorbitant, and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

On the same token, I can't drive x miles out of the way, pick someone up, and not ask them for a dime. That would be nonsensical. However, a balance can be obtained. For example, when I took M2k to Momocon, I didn't ask for a dime. Driving 2.5 miles off 316 to pick someone up is not something I should be asking money for. It is something I understand more now than I did several months before.

As for McPee and this tourney, I likely wouldn't be asking for money (this obv would be dependent on where he would need to be picked up, &c.) However, on last check, he lived in Norcross (correct me as needed.) Seeing that 400 had an exit for Norcross, it wouldn't make very much sense to that (again, this is dependent on where he lives relative to this exit, obv. :012:.)

You see, it's not always about me. I wouldn't be a good member of a service frat if I wasn't into some for of selfless service
(and some would say that I'm still not, but I digress.)
:rolleyes:

Not to be mean about it, but there's no way that either of them would team with him otherwise. I imagine he likes winning, and teaming with such players would help his cause in that, though many people probably see it as a **** move. There's nothing in his offers that would suggest sarcasm, either.
Okay, you have me on this winning thing. I still like this, a bit too much. I have been berated (*coughSreepycough*) to stop caring as much and just absorb and adapt more. It's a work in progress, and some days are better than others.

However, to say that the only reason that people wouldn't team because of the aforementioned ulterior motives and because of the mindset "LolNoobMarioLul," that wouldn't be the fairest or factually accurate assessment to make. I've done teams three times since I've been playing. The first time I did I got 9th (with McPee, 7/2010 WABA monthly.) The second time, 4th (w/Zatch, GT Gamefest; 12/4/2010.) Two days ago (as this comes to press), 4th (again, w/McPee). It isn't for the money, but it's TO GET BETTER!
Yes, I understand that I haven't always conveyed this clearly through my posts and/or actions, but I will strive to do this better. Money would be nice, sure, but getting better has to happen prior to that happening.

If you don't happen to believe me, don't take my word for it. Ask the guys yourself. Just saying. :011:

I mean I don't mean to cause trouble or anything TGK, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not when you say stuff like that. And if you aren't I just think it's kinda harsh if you could easily take someone to a venue charging them 5 dollars instead of like asking them to team. Our community needs the best attendance ever, epsecially considering how many people in GA play this game and just can't afford or make it out to our events.
See above.

Ok, enough air clearing.

*Steps off soapbox*

Yay, two recording setups, and a TV, and dolphin replays. :awesome:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
idk its still gonna be bbc when we do the larger tourney.
I'm aware. I'm just saying like having that card as an available card in the Atl.South section of AiB would be pretty good promotion I think.

Because I like clearing things up, I'll address this.

Alright, in full disclosure, since the time that I have had my car (since Sept.), I have made an earnest attempt to bring those who don't have transportation to tourneys.

However, I will say that mistakes were made in this endeavor in early trials. I will admit that some charges that I proposed were a little on the high side. Charging $40 a head for G6 (the Jan one) was a little exorbitant, and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

On the same token, I can't drive x miles out of the way, pick someone up, and not ask them for a dime. That would be nonsensical. However, a balance can be obtained. For example, when I took M2k to Momocon, I didn't ask for a dime. Driving 2.5 miles off 316 to pick someone up is not something I should be asking money for. It is something I understand more now than I did several months before.

As for McPee and this tourney, I likely wouldn't be asking for money (this obv would be dependent on where he would need to be picked up, &c.) However, on last check, he lived in Norcross (correct me as needed.) Seeing that 400 had an exit for Norcross, it wouldn't make very much sense to that (again, this is dependent on where he lives relative to this exit, obv. :012:.)

You see, it's not always about me. I wouldn't be a good member of a service frat if I wasn't into some for of selfless service
(and some would say that I'm still not, but I digress.)
:rolleyes:

Okay, you have me on this winning thing. I still like this, a bit too much. I have been berated (*coughSreepycough*) to stop caring as much and just absorb and adapt more. It's a work in progress, and some days are better than others.

However, to say that the only reason that people wouldn't team because of the aforementioned ulterior motives and because of the mindset "LolNoobMarioLul," that wouldn't be the fairest or factually accurate assessment to make. I've done teams three times since I've been playing. The first time I did I got 9th (with McPee, 7/2010 WABA monthly.) The second time, 4th (w/Zatch, GT Gamefest; 12/4/2010.) Two days ago (as this comes to press), 4th (again, w/McPee). It isn't for the money, but it's TO GET BETTER!
Yes, I understand that I haven't always conveyed this clearly through my posts and/or actions, but I will strive to do this better. Money would be nice, sure, but getting better has to happen prior to that happening.

If you don't happen to believe me, don't take my word for it. Ask the guys yourself. Just saying. :011:

See above.

Ok, enough air clearing.

*Steps off soapbox*

Yay, two recording setups, and a TV, and dolphin replays. :awesome:
I just wanted to know.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace

chinesahh

Smash Lord
how is the melee attendance looking?

im moving close to here so i might be able to come

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'ma be all up in that boot camp status when this is happening so no thanks

Also, M2K is leaving GA for that Sunrise tournament in Japan I'm pretty sure. I don't know where he's going but I don't think he's coming back to GA

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Pretty sure he only said that as an added incentive for you to pay him ridiculous amounts of money.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'd really like SFL to attend this, I wanna play some "notable" names and do well hopefully. To prove our state is improving.

kismet2

Smash Ace
I'd really like SFL to attend this, I wanna play some "notable" names and do well hopefully. To prove our state is improving.
tbh i dont see it happening :( i mean i love ga but a majority of our players dont go to tournaments which means people wont improve as much as they should. lack of motivation is just what really kills our state :ledge: not enough players want to improve and try to top the good players

milesg2g

Smash Champion
tbh i dont see it happening :( i mean i love ga but a majority of our players dont go to tournaments which means people wont improve as much as they should. lack of motivation is just what really kills our state :ledge: not enough players want to improve and try to top the good players

Naw **** that, I guess I speak for myself when I say "I want our state to be one of the best in the nation" we gotta stop with this corny attitude like we're not good enough. I mean I guess I can talk because I play MK lol. But, I want us to be a good state in general. We gotta take out these notable players. Biglou,Kis, Scat, Mic and yes Player1 are capable of it I think. We just aren't motivated imo.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Naw **** that, I guess I speak for myself when I say "I want our state to be one of the best in the nation" we gotta stop with this corny attitude like we're not good enough. I mean I guess I can talk because I play MK lol. But, I want us to be a good state in general. We gotta take out these notable players. Biglou,Kis, Scat, Mic and yes Player1 are capable of it I think. We just aren't motivated imo.
i dont think any of us belittle ourselves, its just some people actually dont want to go to tournaments because they're afraid of losing money, or they feel that they dont want to waste time on this game. We definitely have the good players and really its just that we need to travel more and show more consistency. and really you have to consider the the other players that have the potential to improve themselves as well as the state, they dont because they're lazy. they'll take whats given on a silver platter rather than actually working for it. look at florida, they have good players that were once average players but they had to work really hard to get where they are today.

so tl;dr ga is lazy and needz moar motahvayshun

milesg2g

Smash Champion
i dont think any of us belittle ourselves, its just some people actually dont want to go to tournaments because they're afraid of losing money, or they feel that they dont want to waste time on this game. We definitely have the good players and really its just that we need to travel more and show more consistency. and really you have to consider the the other players that have the potential to improve themselves as well as the state, they dont because they're lazy. they'll take whats given on a silver platter rather than actually working for it. look at florida, they have good players that were once average players but they had to work really hard to get where they are today.

so tl;dr ga is lazy and needz moar motahvayshun

Well I'm not one of those people. I may not make it out to every tourney but I'm def. trying and I want our state to be considered Good. When you stop and look @ the players we do have only like 3 can travel I think. P1 is in school so he can't, Mic idk, Lounis will travel, Kismet you're out of school you should be traveling if you can. Scatt is in school as well.

So were like stopped there. If I can find a job before I get back in school I should be traveling a lot more with you all. So me,lounis, mic, and kis traveling? No? idk lol

But when we have opportunities like this for people to travel to us we have to rep hard.

Player-1

Smash Legend
M2k said he was 50/50 on japan tournament when I tales to him and he said he will attend this, idk if that meant if he didn't go to japan that'd he'd go but that is what he said.

Also I will be traveling more after I graduate in may. And I'll beat any top player out there cuz I'm da bess. Lounis could do it if he stopped sandbagging with Kyoto and just shoryukened everyone

DRN

Smash Lord
I like how u ignored my existence. I mean i guess traveling as much as Lounis, being 4th on our PR, and consistently placing top 4 in all tourneys i've been to in the past 5 months sides last saturday means nothing. O ya im in GA and i play zero suit. Nevermind i dont exist lol. But then again i guess i'm prob not capable of getting much better as just zss. I've always had support characters which is what made me better.

/butthurt

O ya and calvin u suck. Btw Lounis is teaming w/ M2K at this lololol

kismet2

Smash Ace
Well I'm not one of those people. I may not make it out to every tourney but I'm def. trying and I want our state to be considered Good. When you stop and look @ the players we do have only like 3 can travel I think. P1 is in school so he can't, Mic idk, Lounis will travel, Kismet you're out of school you should be traveling if you can. Scatt is in school as well.

So were like stopped there. If I can find a job before I get back in school I should be traveling a lot more with you all. So me,lounis, mic, and kis traveling? No? idk lol

But when we have opportunities like this for people to travel to us we have to rep hard.
of course you're not, and it's good that you're trying but it'll be worthless unless the people actually want to rep ga or get better, which is the case. we never attend smashfests regularly(unless it's the atl/marietta area), let alone the lack of tournaments so some of our players aren't as exposed to competitive brawl like they should. and yeah i just started college in january lol so i may not travel as much, i guess it's going to depend on my classes.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
of course you're not, and it's good that you're trying but it'll be worthless unless the people actually want to rep ga or get better, which is the case. we never attend smashfests regularly(unless it's the atl/marietta area), let alone the lack of tournaments so some of our players aren't as exposed to competitive brawl like they should. and yeah i just started college in january lol so i may not travel as much, i guess it's going to depend on my classes.

Yeah that's true I hear TX has mad smashfests and just play each other a lot. But GA so big everyone's so far apart. That's why I wanted to do as much as I could in Decatur when I stayed w/ Flea those few days.

Top Bottom