• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 - May 22-24 2015 - Rego Closes May 17th, no exceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Got a nice $100 from a one Harry Webber for the donation drive, sick stuff man big thanks!

With luck being on my side I've been able to get some pretty good deals on flights, so rather than being $1000 away from Axe, at this stage we are only $500 away.

Only need a bit more folks to ensure that we get him down!

Leffen posters, shirts and Melbourne melee shirts also coming very soon!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
That's $500 dollars closer to s2j in my mind.
Whilst that's a neat joke, it's actually kinda a good attitude to have if you do want to donate.

Instead of going "man i dont want axe id rather s2j i aint donating" it's better to be like "ok lets help get axe here first so then we can help get s2j here" ect ect

long story short give me money i have bills to pay flights to book

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
Phil I just wanted to tell you I like that post, SB won't let me actually like it though, so I'm telling you it.

Edit: Ofc now it works.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Finance time boys:

Ok so Wife lives in Washington, meaning flights are not cheap (east coast) which leads to me finding the best possible booking being around $2000 from IAD airport to MEL return.

Leffen is flying in from Stockholm, which I can find flights currently for $1215 return.

Lucky and Mango are coming in from LAX to MEL, which is currently coming up at about $1450.

Axe is coming from PHX to MEL, which is currently looking at about $1700.

Right now our amount raised is $6477.27

$6477 - 2000 - 1215 - 1450 - 1450 = $362

This means I've been wrong the whole time in my calculations and Axe is currently $1350 away.

First off I'm just gonna apologize for misleading people on this one, I do have stuff lined up that will definitely raise us more dollars (merch is coming!) but Axe simply isn't as close as first hoped.

Now for how I went wrong:

Biggest error was me actually thinking Wife was WC: I'm a total idiot here. As Chillin would say: my b

Secondly is that none of the current sales (Air NZ and Virgin both have sales going for LAX return super cheap) allow me to book flights originating from the US at the discount rates, I didn't realize this until time to book (attempted to book last night for wife) and right now have no way to get these discount rates on US return.

Also doesn't help that AUD -> USD is going back down, which sucks for us.

Now is where I ask for help:

One solution is simply more money, it solves all problems (it actually does in this case rofl)

Another is that if others can somehow help me find super low prices for any of these flights, lower than what I've stated, that can be booked from anywhere (I can book or I can get wife to book himself ect) then we can potentially shave dollars off.

If you can help me in any way, please PM me as the sooner we sort flights the better.

Sorry guys, thanks again for everyone whose donated so far.

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
IMO if everyone coming isn't s2j then they should lose their donations and it should all go to s2j.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
They're making Alex19 happen from what I've gathered, we're at the point where we are sorting if im booking all 3 of one of them booking all 3 since they obviously want to fly together (mango + lucky + alex19)

Gords

Smash Champion
Where about did you find these prices.

also my suggestion would be to look at the american equivalent of STA travel or Flight centre. Cheap flight deals are normally only available from the point of origin of the website your looking at
Maybe ask some of the american/swedish players to look from their end

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Where about did you find these prices.

also my suggestion would be to look at the american equivalent of STA travel or Flight centre. Cheap flight deals are normally only available from the point of origin of the website your looking at
Maybe ask some of the american/swedish players to look from their end
Already done all of the above plus used proxies to get verification on american prices after lucky and wife looked for me

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Updated the OP to remove most of the redundant voting info.

Real important update is that Meredyse dropped another phat $250, bringing him up to $500, and Kupo (emily!) dropped a cool $200 as well, meaning we are almost at $7k!

More things are in the works as well to help fund internationals, don't blame me that moxie sucks at being contactable!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hobs just donated a nice $100 to help us break 7k.

Over $7000 in donations so far, holy smoke.

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
wd Aus.

The following error occurred:
Please enter a message with at least 10 characters.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
A further $200 came in from Iggy, pushing him up to $600 donated so far, he reallllly wants axe to come :D

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
K, I need to make a list of the people (3 rooms, 3 nights) that are staying in the hotel (funded by me), whoever takes over (I'll still fund the rooms obsly) can decide how they want to deal with people in the rooms and such (but certain people have guaranteed spots obviously).
Since there's only like 10% chance that I will go to BAM myself (probs less actually), I'm going to have to put the rooms in someone else's name (if that's Phil - who won't be staying in one of the rooms anyway, but just because he's Phil - or Zac or S.D. I don't mind, but I need to figure it out unless people wanna find housing elsewhere).
I'm still gonna keep the funding for the QLD tourney for what I said I would obviously, just that I very likely won't be going (so this does give me the benefit or if the rooms get trashed, I won't be held accountable <3).

I simply cannot get time off work and I'm very busy in general around that time as BAM basically collides with the end of my Psychiatric Registrar (Forensic) stuff, so it's the final month I have working under a senior Psychiatrist before I become one myself, well not senior, but yer (so obviously I'd put this above BAM), I know, bad priorities rite...
Anyways, that's thaaaaayyyt. <3

Last edited:

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
That is pretty much assured that it has to be someone that's staying there with how anal the particular hotel is, the Phil comment was there just because I'm me and I do ****ed up stuff.
Ofc, it's much more likely to go in the name of someone who I've dealt with before and is also staying in one.
That or I'll just troll a bunch of people and I won't bother with the rooms (won't bother me regardless now, as if I'm to attend it'll be very last minute anyway), but nah, even though I'm very likely not going I'll still do it as I cbf welching.

Last edited:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
IAD to MEL for $2000? Gimme the dates Phil, I think I could probably find better.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
@ Redact Redact : my searches did not bear fruit. At least $1800, $1600 if being super creative (but not worth the effort).

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Doesnt help that almost all the sales dont let you do point of origin not in oceana or such, but thanks for looking, helps reassure me I haven't shafted it somehow

Vlade

Social Outcast
When can we expect a venue to be announced?

I think some Perth people are a bit reluctant to book flights until venue is confirmed.

Thanks for posting the flight specials on our FB Redact (I know this was like a month ago now lol), thanks to that I'm already confirmed for BAM for those that care <3

Also will there be PM?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
The venue we used for SS (the CQ hotel) is 100% confirmed available for the dates, its already been reserved for us.

If certain sponsors come on board, they may be able to help us get an even larger venue, that's why technically the venue is not confirmed yet nor can we fully confirm which venue currently.

Sorry about this and thanks for the patience with the venue guys!

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Updated with an extra $150 from Cam/Hyes, bringing him up to $350 so far!

Also another $50 from JKTS which puts him at $150, elegible for the donor meets!

Only about $500 from ensuring Axe comes down under too, so keep it going people :)

Gatbitg

Smash Rookie
We might need a bigger location than CQ if we also have the 2D fighters there, assuming they also have internationals.

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
Just an update on the hotel stuff I said I'd do.

Since I'm not going, and have already donated 2k, I'm only going to pay for ONE hotel room, for the Melee Winner(s) of the QLD thing (who I'm flying as well as I confirmed that, and will pay for their entry as I said in the QLD topic), and then whoever they want to pick to go
Anyone that was already confirmed I've told elsewhere and they're going to arrange somewhere else.
So yer, anyone that whines at me, get the f*** over it and man up, cheers. <3

In the extremely rare event I "do" go to this (like 1% chance) I'll probably host some people myself, but there is absolutely no guarantee for anyone other than the winner (or winners) of the QLD Melee thing.
This will be my last donation (the QLD flight/hotel, if they want to use it, if they choose to be housed then I have no reason to book "any" room, and such, which whoever wins, I'll talk to Phil about and sort it out through him on Facebook
This should be my last contact on here and with smash in general unless someone responds directly to this post, been a good 10 or so years smash scene, adios. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom