• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 - May 22-24 2015 - Rego Closes May 17th, no exceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basty

Smash Ace
Redact have you contacted Hax if he will still be able to attend BAM7? His hand injury seems pretty serious and might take a while too heal

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Updated OP with newer donations. We now have $1500 so that means at least 1x WC player is coming now!

Only $500 more to guarantee any 1 player (european/EC are $2000) so make sure you update your votes before January 26th in order to make sure your choice of player/s challenges Armada or each other!

I have also sent Hax a message to find out if his hiatus would mean no smash here or what complications there might be.

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
PLEASE adjust your prefs to put Leffen higher guys...

Who cares if you think he's an asshole, we could witness Leffen vs Armada and Leffen vs Mango IN PERSON do you even understand how sick that would be? Both the level of play and the rivalries involved. That **** would be hype as ****.

Leffen gets a terrible rap because of his attitude, but he's an incredible player, I really think we'd be missing out not getting him for bam...

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
PLEASE adjust your prefs to put Leffen higher guys...

Who cares if you think he's an *******, we could witness Leffen vs Armada and Leffen vs Mango IN PERSON do you even understand how sick that would be? Both the level of play and the rivalries involved. That **** would be hype as ****.

Leffen gets a terrible rap because of his attitude, but he's an incredible player, I really think we'd be missing out not getting him for bam...
I personally don't think his attitude is that bad, like read his twitter history on anything but him vs chillin, or listen to any interviews. The guy's been painted a villain but really he's a kid that has grown up now if anything. Forgiveness boys cmon

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't think his attitude is that bad, like read his twitter history on anything but him vs chillin, or listen to any interviews. The guy's been painted a villain but really he's a kid that has grown up now if anything. Forgiveness boys cmon
I dunno, some of the dudes I met in Stockholm weren't too keen on him either, but that could have been an old grudge or something.

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Fully agree @ Redact Redact

Do it for Aussie smash guys, we have so much more to gain from Leffen coming over than a commentator...

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I see leffen on the cams and he looks like a nice respectable player. Never seen him not shake a persons hand which I've seen from almost every other smasher, even if they are mad disrespectful to him.

We all put up with syke so leffen should be easy.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I dunno, some of the dudes I met in Stockholm weren't too keen on him either, but that could have been an old grudge or something.
It's easier to hold a grudge than let it go.

The guy's grown up. Try find anything bad he has done in the past 2 years.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
If theres one thing Australia needs and could learn the most from, its another Fox.

vote well guys, vote well.
Considering that about 50% of our players are fox now, it's actually a good choice.

Syke with the constant insight valued community member

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna house me for this? Will be bringing my stream equipment with me so if your internet is decent we can have rad stream sessions w/ an SA sadboy

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna house me for this? Will be bringing my stream equipment with me so if your internet is decent we can have rad stream sessions w/ an SA sadboy
would be happy to but there's probably better houses than mine
i am close to the city tho

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to book 1 (possibly 2) superior (ir whatever the hell their largest rooms are) rooms at the HQ (or another hotel if they're being stupid), I'll host as many as 8 - 15 people at the event itself with nobody else paying if the people I've confirmed staying with me (4) are ok with 'em, so Kaize I should be able to take care of you if nobody else steps up.

This stands for anyone who isn't a jackass really (free hosting at the hotel) until I reach my 1 or 2 room limit), though with the 4 people I have confirmed already will have to be ok with the people who ask as well; Phil has suggested I try to get the people from other countries to stay in the same room, if this happens, I'll possibly make other arrangements to sneak TV's in and such (like tiny things, computer sized monitors).

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd.......

While I'm on the site, I've decided to shake this up a bit....

This is likely my final list (I've removed the other ones), and I should suggest.....
HEEL TURN INCOMING......

CHALLENGER(s) APPROACHING - Well, kinda.....major shifts are in bold/color, this should change things around besides 1st, the two people that bothered me (nah, nps, it might work lol) to vote for Leffen and not put him last, it worked. <3

Remember before the voting closes I would have donated $1000 or maybe a little over it (so at least 21 vote(s) count here, means this should change things...lolololol).
I plan on donating more after the voting is closed, but it depends on how the end results turn out, plus I might sponsor a couple of Aus players to the event, maybe making the highest placing interstater (as in not from Vic obviously) in the next major (Feb iirc) for free flights and can stay with me at the hotel with others free, etc.

Major change was to boost Leffen from last on my previous list to 2nd, and Mango up to 4th, who was near last; based on the fact I thought he'd make it based on other peoples votes, apparently that could have been nullified if I continued to vote that way, so yeahz, I wanted to just give incentive to vote and (especially) donate.

See post #408 for my current votes since the added player.

Have fun with that update (Phil knew it was coming, just not how high I'd place Leffen). <3

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Nova can you use money to convince Leffen and Chillin to do their $1000 Money Match at BAM instead of at Apex?
The stream would get 1000+ viewers easy, it'd go off

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Yeah can u also make them delay the entire top 8 of apex until bam too and fly everyone over and make pc chris and ken not play get them here too also pls include isai

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
i'll see what i can do
Listen here Dekar, I am Arek the Absolute, you are simply Dekar, some blue haired mortal with an axe who got lucky due to my stupid phantom smash......I honestly should MM you back for pride....but I feel a MM against you isn't enough.....there needs to be something more....you devious great game loving *******!

Agonvaga can you use money to convince Leffen and Chillin to do their $1000 Money Match at BAM instead of at Apex?
The stream would get 1000+ viewers easy, it'd go off
Lol, along with what Philly said, I dunno (or don't think?) Chillin' is coming to BAM.
But if somehow Chillin comes to BAM, I guess I could try it, but I doubt he will tbh imo tyvm Splicy. <3

I am however proposing this (or something like this):
$500 MM between the EC v WC (with some stipulations so no stupidness happens), and only in Melee best of 5 or 7 (none of that PM nonsense, bleugh
).

So, yer, WA, man up, allow me to grab you by the balls and then we'll have a true hype match; throw your best out there against Vic's best (or one of their best since their best would surely win).
I'll be happy to match or double whatever the MM you guys arrange.
So if you guys MM $100 each, I'll add in another $100, making the winner take in $200, or if it hypes it more I'll add in $200, or hell even $400 (but the chances, and it's happened when I did it at a couple of overseas competitions, of people sharing the win bothers me), so I'd prefer that people actually lose money and not just me, so it's a true MM just with a boost to make it hypey.

So something like....

S.D vs Perth's best - Both pledge $200, I add $200 = $400 MM.
Redact vs Chappos (sp?) - Melee, Both pledge whatever, I match it.
Or basically all of Perth vs Dekar (GET RAWK HAWK'D PERTH!) for $1000, I match it, Dekar cleans house and at most takes 7% damage. <3
Or hell......BILLY vs Perth, LOL, but yer, that's kinda unfair for Perth, auto lose, the kid is mad...
That, or, we could simply do Mango vs Armada (or Leffen, or any angle like this) where it's streamed for at least $500 MM, that should gain views on your little stream, I ain't no stream expert though, so yer.

Any other ideas Billy and let me know (here, not on FB). <3
But I'm open (yer you know it) to any ideas that will increase the hype.
As well as probably doing the whole "$250 for anyone who can beat Master 3 in Super Monkey Ball GCN in 50 lives or less, without using the shortcut (hell even if you use the shortcut, I'd still pay $150). <3
But the Super Monkey Ball stuff will happen in my hotel room, along with all the sex and other fun stuff I can't mention. <3

Also I was going through my imgur album earlier, I found these two sexy pics back from Reloaded (2010 I think?), SA's only major....

Brawl winners above

Melee winners above (nfi where Kas was, he came 3rd according to my bracket that was also in the album, but yer, Dekar and Zxv.....rly......omg, the sex......

Dekar though, you're a Vampire imo, or have reverse Progeria lol .....<3

Last edited:

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
Usually my bank accounts which come from my job (and drug money according to whatever one of my fanboys updated the Wiki page about me) and ofc my inheritance. <3
I would assume it's the same with most other people (minus the inheritance, but that makes some people salty).

I trust nobody has an issue with Leffen attending now anyway, the only possible change I might do is swap Leffen and Wife around, since Wife seems surefire now.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
pretty sure nova has a better job than anyone in the aus smash scene

i can easily stand corrected tho cause i dont know what 90% of you people do lol

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Actually today I had an interview but i wasn't qualified enough so now im doing ->free training<-

get around me

Splice

Smash Hero

Brawl winners above
Attila looks ashamed here. You know he ain't feeling good in this pic

Also sounds good Nova, heightening the stakes on MM's will be pretty sick and it'd be cool to have our internationals duke it out in exhibition matches too.

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
wth Splice, Redact didn't post that pic. >_>

Anyway I think all 3 of them in that pic were exhausted because of (some idiot who I won't name) changing the bracket and causing all the Brawl/Melee matches to pretty much be played at the same time, thus it stalled, so that pic (and the Melee one) were taken at like 3:30am, which at that point I'm pretty sure Attila, Tibs (and Jaice I think) were all like "Oh **** off, we just wanna go to sleep......".

Yes exhibition cameo matches, or at the very least something similar I'm for, as I said, I don't know **** about the stream and how to draw numbers, so you can come up with ideas there. <3

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
Phil, does this mean M2K could be added to the options?
If so that could change my voting a lot (well obviously in one case), but more so depending on the interest of if he's wanted down under again (if not, I won't bother voting him anywhere), even if not, I might make a stipulation with him with a certain tag at tournaments and fly him myself so it doesn't interfere with the voting like someone (I think DT, who I'm keen to meet tbh, don't believe the rumors m8, I'm much worse than what some people say, jk) is doing with Armada.

Now that would gain a lot of views, correct Splice? <3

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I'll add M2K to the list, It's the people's choice here not my choice.

If people don't like him or anyone for that matter, just put them low.

If there's a few people that don't like Jason but then 20 people will pay 100 bucks each for him, who am I to say he can't?

Consider him in the running now.

In the end if I get to see m2k vs armada vs mango you sure as hell know I'm gonna be keen.

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
If the community is willing to forgive Leffen, then surely m2k deserves a second chance to redeem himself right?

Let's go m2k!

Basty

Smash Ace
Updating my votes
1. S2J
2.Mango
3.Lucky
4. Alex19
5.Mew2king
6. Zhu
7. Axe
8. PewPewU