• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Remember when I said any team could lose to anyone on any given night thanks to the new schedule?

The Heat came back from a 16 point deficit and barely won by a single point in the clutch against the BOBCATS... -.- One of the craziest regular season games I've ever witnessed. Nearly had a heart attack.

After tonight it looks like both Dallas and Boston will be 0-3. Very interested in the Lakers vs Knicks game tonight though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I say the Knicks win. Both Melo and Amare had bad games last night and look to rebound. Chandler will shut down Pau. No one to stop Amare on the other end.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, I was more surprised VC hit a clutch shot. Though I guess he's notorious for disappearing more in playoff games than regular season :troll:

Didn't KD hit a very similar fade away 3 game winner last year?

And I'm really glad Westbrook got it going in the 4th. He was lacking confidence, and was unsure of himself the entire game. Stupid passes, poor missed shots...his body language was just blah until he got that dunk.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Glad people are finally realizing that the Knicks are still far from being contenders. Most overrated team in the league.

Kobe owned Melo in his post game interview: "I enjoy going up against Melo because I always win." Oh Kobe you silly troll you. :troll:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Rofl, so when Wade hit that GW vs Bobcats, he did the "Superman" taunt to Cam Newton. LeBron did it right after. And here I thought LBJ was gonna start being his own man rofl. Reminds me of a lil kid who tries to copy the older cool kid.

Also, why is it every star does well against the Knicks? Monte Ellis wrecked the Knicks. Kobe wrecked the Knicks. It's even worse when these guys go to MSG. I mean...Kobe made two and 1 jumpers (one not called), while the other was a 3 pointer from 4 feet behind the line.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Happy to see PP back for the Celtics. Celtics have a pretty easy stretch up ahead so its a chance to make up for that 0-3 start. Also, thinking of trading Rondo was a terrible idea. Not sure if it was done to motivate him to do better or something but he is playing great so far.

EDIT: Both of the Laker vs Denver games have been entertaining. Kobe shot the lakers out of this game though. No idea why he isnt feeding it inside to Bynum or Gasol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This is why Kobe pisses me off. He's having an off game (6/27) and takes the last 7 shots, fails to run back on back to back possessions and gives up lay ups. Meanwhile, you got Bynum, Blake, Gasol, and even WORLD PEACE shooting well and not getting touches despite being open.

I love it when the media says Kobe has matured, cause he then goes and puts up a selfish game like this. I hope Bynum and his arrogant cocky self yells at Kobe. That dude has been beasting since he came back.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Cavs 2 and 2

glad that the face of our team has turned to stronger defense... for what they can do anyways

plus we are trying to establish a inside game
pushing the ball in the paint so that we can stand a shot anywhere and im hoping they continue to do it
samuels, thompson and irving have to keep pushing

bulls blew out the grizzles jeez...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The Heat's new 5-0 start is the longest winning streak the franchise has ever had to start a season off with.

Will be interesting to see how long they can keep the streak going. I just want them to outlast OKC/Portland.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Wade pulled a Kobe and shot the Heat out of the game against the Hawks. :\

He went 4/17 and his shot selection was terrible. 5-1 ain't bad though can't complain... Onto the next one.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No where near as bad as 6/28 lulz.

Minnesota is legit? Took Heat to the closing seconds, beat Dallas, and is now beating the Spurs. Surprise playoff team? New York still sucks. OKC also in danger of finally losing a game lol.

And wtf, Orlando lost to Detroit?

LOL! T-Mac turned the clock on Miami. Woooow.

Oh and I know the lockout means more games per week, but Lakers playing 6/8 days is just not fair =/.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Tonight was just a night full of upsets.

Orlando lost to Detroit, Miami lost to ATL, NY lost to Toronto, SA lost to Minnesota (not much of an upset though Minny is legit now), and OKC lost to Dallas.

Like I said earlier any team can lose on any given night thanks to this hectic schedule.

RATED

Smash Lord
I watch NBA since a long time, is just me or in this season the referees are mad gay. Like I know about the technicalities and stuff but... I feel like I'm watching My Little Pony since like the most little of the contacts is a inmediate foul. That just causes the game to be "oh I have the ball let me fish that shooting foul" Boring. /rant

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Are you saying that there is less "contact" and fouls are called more often? Then yes, times have changed so to speak.

Kobe went HAM. 37 point game on solid shooting. Bynum with a 20-20 game.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
good set of games today with the thunder taking another win
hope to see them back in the western conference finals
portlands a solid team and even though today was rough for them they still are a sleeper in the west IMO

the hell happened to the hawks
you beat the heat with wade and bron in and then you screw up when they dont have them

my cavs working
managed to get a win against minnesota after that debacle at Toronto though samuels had passport issues and we missed him that game
irving shaping up nicely though and they kept their foot on the gas this game

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Hawks are the most bipolar team in the NBA. When they actually try they're a really good team, but when they get lazy they absolutely suck.

The Hawks are THE definition of mediocre. The fans are terrible here in Atlanta too.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I know this is a shortened season and schedules are compressed...but this is just annoying to look at.

By Sunday, the Clippers will have played 6 games in 2 weeks. The Lakers 10 games in 2 weeks. Prior to their showdown this coming Saturday, Lakers 14 games, Clippers 9 games.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
After losing to Heat without LBJ and Wade they demolish the Bulls... LOL

Hawks maintaining their status as the most bipolar NBA team.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
I dont even know how Philly is atop the division atm. And its ealry but Chicago is onyl allowing 68ppg at home this season, thats a scary *** defense.

Knicks all day though

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I knew the Lakers should have tried to acquire DJ Augustin...dude has been ballin for the Bobcats. Probably because he has Kemba breathing down his neck.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I knew the Lakers should have tried to acquire DJ Augustin...dude has been ballin for the Bobcats. Probably because he has Kemba breathing down his neck.
Same scenario for the Heat. Mario Chalmers has been playing the best ball of his career so far thanks to the new rookie Norris Cole.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
And tomorrow it's gonna be Caron Butler. Ex-Heat players just love taking huge ****s on Miami.

I hate watching the Heat blow huge leads like that but I'm surprisingly not that mad. 8-2 is a good start.

I feel sorry for lob city tomorrow!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My mistake. Darrel Arthur plays for Memphis and is out for the season. That was Darrel WRIGHT.

I'm really not liking how Kobe is going HAM. I mean, if it don't broke, don't fix it (50% shooting), but it's making Pau and Bynum look disinterested. I hope he doesn't become a chucker again if he doesn't have it going.

ROFL. Classic Stephen A. Skip to 40:04.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What did he do? I missed most of the game.

Lakers injury woes continue. McRoberts with a sprained toe. Kapono's wife had twins. Steve Blake bruised ribs. Troy Murphy has a stomach virus. So you know what that means...

LUKE WALTON

Some clutch play by the Lakers. Millsap destroyed Pau in OT, but Pau countered back with a corner 3. And I knew the Lakers should have signed Josh Howard this off season. I watched him Dallas too long to know he still has something left at a young age.

Top Bottom