• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Oh, I agree Bored, that's the trade I wanted to see. Hurts the Lakers and helps the Hornets. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So I just found out that Dr. Jerry Buss had handed down operations to Jim Buss for the season. The last time this happened...

Kobe ended up playing with guys like Kwame Brown and Smush Parker :urg:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Kwame was and still is the future of the league.

Some analysts hyping up the Clippers a bit too much. They're a playoff team, not best in the west. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kobe and his wife getting divorced.

This might be a good thing for Kobe to go HAM in games...but talk about everything just snow balling as a Laker fan.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
- Lakers get swept in the 2nd round
- Phil retires
- Lakers get CP3 and then lose him in the blink of an eye
- Odom gets traded to the same team that swept the Lakers in the playoffs
- Kobe divorces his wife

Am I missing anything?

Jane

Smash Hero
so i was watching the nicks vs nets game... what a goddamn boring excuse of a game. are most preseason games that ********?

wolves vs bucks was pretty entertaining though. im really excited to watch the wolves this season.

tko112

Smash Lord
I don't understand the Wolves. They have like 4 PGs. Barea, Rubio, Ridnour...and somebody else.
so do the Clippers, but they have the one PG they wanted

and I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this, but trade one of those PGs to the Lakers

they rly need one (over-exaggerating here)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Because it's pre-season.
Even for a preseason game. Body language and everything showed he really didn't want to be there.

Plus playing for 30 minutes and only scoring 5 points on 2-9 shooting (and only 6 rebounds) against centers like Joel Anthony and scrubs like Dexter Pittman is really inexcusable if you're the best center in the league, preseason game or not.

Dwight wants to leave.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Sixers gonna be NICE! haha. but nah all jk aside, that preseason game showed that this team is coming to play, even when the games don't count.

even if they don't improve on next year, if they come with heart each game, i'll be happy.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I hope the Knicks crash and burn this year. They got Chandler and now the fans think they're the new "Big 3" of the East and are serious threats to be the #1 seed.

Most annoying fans ever...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
chandler IS going to handle shizz in new york though. maybe not 1 seed but theyre hard contenders now.
They got swept out of the first round. An overrated center and an out of shape PG aren't going to make that much of a difference on this team as long as their coach remains clueless about defense.

Miami, Chicago, Boston, OKC, Dallas, Lakers, and Memphis are all far better teams.

4th seed 2nd round playoff fodder team at most.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well in Knicks defense, they did lose Billups and Amare (pretty much) in that series. I think they have a puncher's chance (sort of like the Clippers.)

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Knicks fan checking in here.
if amare has in back in shape, Davis gets somewhat in shape, and tyson handles the D we should be alright.
thats a rather big if.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Knicks fan checking in here.
if amare has in back in shape, Davis gets somewhat in shape, and tyson handles the D we should be alright.
thats a rather big if.
I knew it would only be a matter of time before a Knicks fan popped up. :laugh:

Please don't take my rants about the Knicks seriously. I'm a member of another basketball forum and there's a group of a few Knicks fans that have been driving me up a wall these past few days. I know most of the fans aren't like that.

Kobe has a torn ligament in his shooting wrist.

Can we have another lockout plz?
Holy crap Lakers can't catch a break at all. Tank mode?

Jem.

Smash Master
Dang dude, Kobe can't catch a break. His basketball daddy in Phil Jackson retires, no one talks to him about who he'd want, no Chris Paul deal, trades his good friend with skills Odom for nothing in immediate return, the wife or divorce drama he's gone through, and now the torn wrist ligament. And the "you won 5 championships this way? Well, guess what, we're changing that"

Never seen one guy have so much bad luck so shortly

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Stephen A. Smith has Miami vs Chicago in ECF. Miami in the Finals. He has OKC vs Memphis in WCF. OKC in the Finals with Miami winning.

Skip Bayless has Miami vs NY in ECF. Miami to Finals. He has OKC vs SPURS in WCF. Spurs win because Westbrook screws things up. Spurs get swept by Miami.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Watching Lakers vs Clippers. I see "World Peace" blow a lay up by tossing the ball under the rim and has an airball 3. He is now 1/12 in the pre-season. I face palm.

On a brighter note, he suggested an analyst change his name to "Corporate Thug"

Omg, Bynum is looking soooooo sexy. Unstoppable. Kobe definitely needs to let him and Gasol go to work during the season.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The Heat blew a 23 point lead and lost to the Magic. -.-

Anyone in a Heat uniform not named LBJ or Dwayne Wade played terrible. Glad it's just a preseason game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Apparently, there are two versions to Kobe's shoes this year. Here is one. It looks pretty neat.

Built in ankle support provides more cushion and comfort. The other version don't have them, are lighter, and meant for a more speed approach (like his previous shoes.)

Might consider buying last year's Kobes or the D-Rose shoes.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I have the Knicks beating the Celtics, Heat beating the Mavs (ofc), Bulls beating the Lakers, OKC beating the Magic, and the Clippers beating the Warriors.

Only game I don't really care about is OKC vs Magic. Already saw enough of the Magic in the preseason and they looked terrible. I expect OKC to stomp them.

Top Bottom