• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just some minor notes about the season.

-Lakers will be the first team to deal with the back to back to back.
-Miami has 16 scheduled ABC and ESPN appearances (not counting TNT)
-Mavs have 11
-Hawks start the season playing 9 games in 12 nights.

Was never a fan of compacted seasons...that Hawks trend just looks brutal.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Spurs and Lakers play each other 3 times in 10 days during April.

lol.

Also, now that the seasons starting, I'm back.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
In an interview with Rachel Nicols (sp?), LeBron was asked if he has improved his post game. His response...while not direct, claims he has a bag of tricks to unleash this season.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You're right, but I hope it doesn't hurt their play that much. It wasn't like Kobe, Mike Brown, Fisher or somebody on the team said "I want Gasol and Odom gone." It was a management decision and I hope they see it that way. As of now, no one is safe except Kobe. So with that being said, the best they can do is show management that the current team can work.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
D 12's request to be traded to the Nets is all but official.

As for the CP3 trade falling out: That's bull****, there's nothing wrong with what happened, it was fair.
And Odom's apparently pissed about the trade since it was forced on him. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I wonder what kind of precedent this will set for future trades involving the Hornets at least. It's mind blowing that the owners whined and then Stern blocked the trade.

For the record, I prefer the twin towers + Odom rather than Bynum, Kobe, and Paul. But this was just a bad way to handle it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So much drama has gone on in the past few days.

Am I the only one that thinks the Lakers would end up worse if the trade goes through? Their size alone gave them an advantage over the majority of the league.

However, if Howard joined them the whole NBA would **** bricks.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
As I said. The trade seems more of a long term thing (Bynum + Paul) rather than a "win now" deal.

Lakers would save a **** ton of money on that trade. 40 million.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
That and who's gonna' guard that backcourt? :o

lol @ Bored calling Bynum/Gasol the Twin Towers. Just, lol.

Duncan and Robinson son.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's what they are referred too. No other team has 2 capable 7 footers.

However, if the Lakers were planning to acquire Dwight somehow through Bynum later on...the Lakers would be set for the long term.

tko112

Smash Lord
wow ok, the Lakers may get CP3 after all

apparently, they are working on a new deal that will hopefully get approved by the league

Jane

Smash Hero
anyone else see that fight that broke out at the end of the xavier-cincinnati game? **** was wild haha.

also buzzer beater 3 by unranked indiana university to upset #1 kentucky was too good.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, yesterday was interesting. And I watched the brawl happen live, and I saw the stomp happen immediately. **** that *****, he deserves 10 games for that. I'm okay with fighting, that's just a part of sports and they deserve whatever suspensions they get. But kicking a guy in the face while he's on the ground? **** that ***** and he deserved to get blown out by 20.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's a salary dump move + draft picks. A late first round pick doesn't mean much in the NBA though.

What's worse is the Mavs will let go of Odom after this year, and will be in the race for Deron if Dwight doesn't go to the Nets.

Lakers I think are trying to make a package getting Dwight with those draft picks they got from the Mavs, Bynum and something else.

NTA

Smash Lord
Was hoping Lamar was going to stay on the Lakers too. I would've been kinda bent out of shape about it too. Doesn't look like his teammates were exactly fond of the trade either. Look's like Khloé is moving to Dallas with him though. Some people were expecting her to stay in LA lol...

Jem.

Smash Master
Now the Clippers are going to be just like the Knicks. incapable of stopping any NBA's offense.

They are probably accepting that their defense wont be good for awhile, and just want a cornerstone to keep Paul and Griffin long term. But they gave away pretty much their team minus Griffin for Chris Paul, and some of their future. interesting decision.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well...it still makes them scary cause CP3 has 2 good bigs to throw the ball too. The downside is, if the Clippers don't do well this and next season, CP3 will opt out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I figure they should have kept their pieces. Eric Gordon...20 ppg and only 22? CP3 is 27 with a questionable knee. Gordon was an all-star in the making. Kamar is another potential big who's had his moments when healthy. I dunno...it's really risky.

Let's see where Sterling goes with this :troll:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
CP3 is golden, the trade was great. Kaman's reached his prime and is sliding back down, Gordon was a great player, but he's the only real talent traded away from LA.

The biggest thing in this trade is Minnesota's 1st pick next year. That's a pick of value, on top of Eric Gordon. Hornets got some good things out of a ****ty situation.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The Clippers just became the most exciting team in the NBA to watch. CP3 AND Blake on the same squad? Highlight reels all day son.

I expect them to make the playoffs now. If CP3 can take a team as bad as the Hornets to the playoffs it should be interesting to see what he can do with another superstar in Griffin. Lets hope they both stay healthy...

Top Bottom