• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't know man. If I was a Laker player, and all I remember about KG is smacking talk, and taking away a Finals from me...it wouldn't sit well. I mean I wouldn't be grumpy about it, but I'm not gonna be laughing along side of him like we're buddies.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Just got home. Rushed insanely. What's going on though? Ya'll wanna' do a chat?

I'm down for anything, just tell me what and where.

Great opening song and intro.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Alright, finally got myself entirely setup. lol

Me/TRG/and tko are all chatting on Skype. Hit us up folks.

bowzah

Smash Rookie
yesterdays all star dunk contest was the lamest and steve nash would have won the 3 point contest

its also time to pray to ISHA

all hail allah

P.S

who da hell wants 2 get tossed up in brawl

bowzah

Smash Rookie
yo big bowzah done praying, now im ready for azzz woopin
just added The Real Gamer and Maaaaaaaaan

ill deal with u noobs later

too many brawl wins
time 2 munch it and watch da all star game with my homie beerdroid

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Heck of an all-star game. Looked like a West runaway but ended up coming down to the wire. Kobe seemed to be the clear-cut MVP for a while but honestly it should probably be Lebron. I don't really have a preference, because I hate both of them, lol.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
LOL, sorry Masmasher. :p

And Krazy, you should've chilled with us on Skype. lol

Great game, and fantastic weekend.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Heck of an all-star game. Looked like a West runaway but ended up coming down to the wire. Kobe seemed to be the clear-cut MVP for a while but honestly it should probably be Lebron. I don't really have a preference, because I hate both of them, lol.
This isn't the celebrity game where LeBron can get Bieber status LOL.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Stop badmouthing that boy, he can ball up. lmao

Also, major news going on, the Knicks are extremely likely to make the deal for Melo, and immediately afterwards the Nuggets are going to send the players they get for that initial offer from the Nets.

This is by far what I think will happen now, since all 3 teams benefit, and I've said a million times Carmelo isn't going to the Nets.

Knicks want him, Nets wanted to make negotiations less favorable for the Knicks, and the Nuggets are clearing the roster and rebuilding anew.

This is wonderful news for the Nuggets, they saved face hard. If the deal fails, Nuggets lose the next 5 years of their franchise.

As a result, I'm waiting to write up my half-season PR until I know what the teams will look like. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm gonna feel sad for Melo cause the Knicks are gonna be so crappy. Yeah they will have Billups too, but they will lose some 3 point shooting which is so critical for Dantoni's offense. Plus, Melo doesn't play much defense, so now you have guys like Amare and Melo who play zero defense, in a run and gun system, with an old point guard. I honestly don't see where this team is going.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It't gonna take a lot of rebuilding but if they put the right pieces together I could definitely see Melo + Amare doin something good together.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Bored, don't forget neither Melo nor Amare play D. This is exactly what D'Antoni wants.

Besides, Mike loves pick-and-roll offense. Amare and Melo are monsters at it.

I see them having a great team. I also see them not winning a championship.

Edit: Gah, anybody else start working out after a long layoff before? It's been 2 months since I last did something really, and Bored talking about that 4-hour practice made me feel lazy. XD
I challenged myself to run a sub 10-minute mile, and those first 5 minutes were rough. lol

I'm starting myself on 2-a-day workouts immediately.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
2 a day workouts? What are you doing? NFL training camp? Take it easy at first. Don't burn yourself out lol.

But yeah, it's definitely going to be a while for the Knicks to be contenders. Who knows, they might pick up D-Will or CP3 in the near future.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Worse(Better), I'm joining the Marines. lmao
I had taken a break from working out because of family issues, but I need to get back and fast.

And fugg the idea of CP3 going to New York. That team would be scarier than Miami is now.

Edit: Anyone seen that new "Preparation Matters" commercial on ESPN where the kid playing goalie is facing a penalty kick from the best player in the league? It's my new favorite commercial by far.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It was voted by the fans, and we all know how many Bieber girls are out there.

Anyways, we won our game by 48 LMAO. 22-70. I've gotten so good on my corner 3's. I can quick release it like Ray and it'll go in.

Edit: Joining the Marines huh? Tough stuff. Good luck on that.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lol, thanks. Yeah, I had posted that in the SA thread some time ago.

Oh, and Spurs/Heat is the 4th. Spurs/Lakers is the 6th.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow, tough two game stand for them. Better beat Miami.

Edit: Prediction for Lakers game vs Hawks tomorrow. LA comes out super serious and wins by a reasonable margin, then goes back to being stupid and lazy.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Double Posting cause it's IMPORTANT.

Melo is a Knick now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6145912

Thoughts?

Personally, I think they still got a long way to go from becoming elite. Billups has struggled this year, and Melo plays no defense. Their 3 point shooting has taken a big hit. Still no inside presence in terms of defense and rebounding. Let's see what Dantoni does without a bunch of 3 point shooters to spread the floor.

tko112

Smash Lord
im glad that the Melo drama is finally over

on the trade, well, they have no interior defense, if they had any

but, at least they'll still score a lot

well, i'll watch Melo's first few games as a Knick before i can really put an opinion on it

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm interested in seeing how Dantoni handles this new Knicks team... Very unbalanced. I predict they will be OK for the remainder of the season. But then again when you have 2 superstars there's no telling how good the team could be in the next couple of years. Gonna take a bit of rebuilding though.

Anyways the Heat play the Bulls on the 24th. Huge statement game for both teams (2nd and 3rd place in Eastern Conference).

In fact I will be extremely ticked off if the Heat lose to the Bulls. Once again people will start ranting over the fact that the Heat can't beat any top tier teams... The Celtics have already embarrassed the Heat enough... PLEASE don't allow the Bulls do the same, Spoelstra. :(

Top Bottom