• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Badass idea right there fo' sho'.

I'll have to download the software though onto this laptop, so let's see if we can get 4 people down before I do it. XD

Oh, what about an NBA xat chat? :O
I'd set it up if someone would tell me how. Then, I could add that to the OP when I update it.

tko112

Smash Lord
Scottie Pippen and Jalen Rose were playing like they were in the 90s again in the celebrity game

and im not surprised with JB getting MVP honors, 13 hours in a plane and playing the way he played

though Romeo was great as well

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Then ya'll should show us how hyped you are by joining us in a Skype chat during All-Star Saturday Night! XD

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Alright, I missed the Rookie Challenge last night, but watching it now.

And I'll download the Skype client here in a bit. Is someone else capable of organizing people for a chat later? I've got family in town, so I'm a bit too busy to do it myself tonight. lol

Any help would be appreciated, and all are invited of course.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'd set it up but it turns out I got a date tonight now. Sorry bro chicks > basketball haha.

I'll set it up the chat tomorrow though for the All Star game if it isn't set up by then.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lmao, good choice. XD

If you record the stuff, make sure you don't read or watch any news to keep the surprise fresh!

So, anyone else know how to set it up? If not, no biggie. I'm too hyped to care right now. Today's pre-game shows are great. Basketball legends are just as impressive as the current ones.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I think Durant belonged, but not Boobie.

At any rate, does anyone else kinda' miss H.O.R.S.E.?

Doesn't matter anyways, dunk contest is starting next. Oh boy. :D

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Oh man, McGee brought it first round, and Blake attacked that **** like an animal.
All 4 dunks are great, it can only get better. :D

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Great dunks all around, but Blake might've got by solely on name.

McGee's brought it so far, even if that last dunk left me wanting a little more. :\

Showdown's about to start up. :D

Great contest right now.

(Nice to see you again Blu3)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The car dunk was just all presentation and nothing more. I feel like Ibaka got robbed. Should have been Ibaka and McGee. Blake just got in solely cause it's in LA and he's the big name.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
(Nice to see you again Blu3)
lol i peak here and there. i mostly just read the posts without commenting =]

man, blake's first dunk of the final round was (0__0)

his second dunk was (o_0).

didn't think he was gonna pull out props. seems like javale just gave up
on his second dunk. the first was pretty, tho

edit: Ibaka's dunks were meh. It was impressive that he took off from the free throw but,
at this point, it seems like a safe dunk. they do it every year without adding any real variation to it.
his second dunk made me change the channel. reminded me of that cupcake dunk.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, no love there Bored... lol

Blake brought it with every dunk. And personally, I love the hype of the last dunk. It's stylish. The alley itself was picture perfect, and he took off from right in front of the car. He vertical-ed over it, and landed on it. Music made it even tighter.

McGee brought it hard though. Last dunk was a blemish on a perfect contest.

Ibaka showed us something, but that second dunk of his took far too long, and I lost some interest. :\

Top 3 dunks:
1. Blake's arm in the rim off the backboard.
2. DeRozen's second dunk was beautiful.
3. McGee's third dunk was slick as hell.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The 2 ball was also impressive. McGee overall had the best dunks. Blake's car dunk was just all presentation, which I could care less about. To me it's about what you can do in the air. I really didn't care when Dwight put on the Superman cape, but what was amazing about it was how he leaped from beyond the free throw line and threw it in. I would have been way more impressed if Griffin jumped over the base of the car rather than the hood. Though Baron popping his head out was random and funny lol.

I liked Blake's arm in the rim dunk, but that has nothing on what McGee did overall.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
damn. no love for blake lol. i agree with jumping over the base, though.
i really didn't think his first dunk was worth a 49, tho...i can't even remember his second dunk of the first round.

the car dunk was mediocre. reminds of vince taking off
from the free throw line on his last dunk '00.
i thought he was gonna do the 360 behind the back dunk.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I think presentation is overrated too, but that over the top presentation for his "final dunk" was excellent.
I did want him to go over the top of it, but it looked so pretty, same as all the dunks tonight. Slow-mo is a huge factor in fan vote, as it should be.

His 2 ball dunk was great though. Like I said, McGee brought it hard, but I prefer power over gimmicks, and Blake's first and third dunks were outstanding.

McGee lost it in my eyes with the 3-Ball dunk not being as good as it could have been, and that last dunk was awful.

DeRozen started off too weak.

Ibaka was just outclassed in a sad way. He brought it hard too.

Imo, Blake was better overall, and McGee made it close.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think what hyped people about the 360 dunk from Blake was that he did the 360 completely in midair. Often times people start their spin before they jump, so yeah. Not a 49 in my book...44. Then again, I'm just a harsh judge.

Maaan, if gimmicks are done right, they can be great. Just like Griffin's car was nice, but the choir was damn annoying.The car gimmic was useless considering he could have just put a table there lol. And dunking 3 basketballs is ridiculously hard. The degree of difficulty is off the charts. The same for the first one he pulled off.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
you thought derozen's alley opp behind the back board, between the legs dunk was weak?

sheesh. tough crowd.

I really didn't think Ibaka was impressive...like..at all.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Given the fact Dr. J himself took a foot in front of the FT line to do his "FT" dunk...Ibaka was damn impressive on that one. The doll one was a bit meh. Would have been cooler if he got it on the first try. Still though, looking away from the rim, and turning to pay attention to it in mid air is impressive.

DeRozan's first was amazing...second sucked.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, but think of the tie-in it had: The car is glamorous, show-stopping. The alley out of the sunroof was great. Also, landing on the car and playing Move ***** was hype as ****. Blake's got a cold-blooded dunking style, and that was ice cold.

But hey, I'm just hyped. XD

Great contest, like I hoped.

And to clarify: The three ball dunk was great, but it could've been better if he hadn't rushed all 3. He can jump, and if he had dunked the first two and kept elevating for the 3rd alley dunk, it would've been all-time great. I think he could've done more as a 7 footer. :\

Still, don't get me wrong, it was super.

Blu3, it wasn't "weak"... but it wasn't game-changing, and it got the score it deserved. If he had brought it an ounce harder, Blake doesn't make the 2nd round.

That whole 1st round was tough though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I mean, in my opinion...Blake's second dunk in the first round was weak given what DeRozan pulled off with the same kinda stunt. Like I said, Blake got that extra credit due to being in LA and fan fav. Just like how...last year or year before, Nate Robinson robbed Iguodala.

And I don't think people understand that while McGee is a 7 footer...how many 7 footers do you see that can leap? There's like...2 in the league. Him and Dwight. There are plenty of high flyers otherwise.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lol, and I agree on both points. I just think the body of work was too much for McGee.

And McGee's 3 ball dunk would've ended it right then in there if he had looked graceful doing it. Dwight makes his dunks look effortless. McGee just looked a tiny bit awkward. :\

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
pshhhh they say that every year.

mcgee doesn't look as smooth putting down dunks.

that three ball would definitely have been more impressive had he dunked the 2 first and then reach back and hammer down that 3rd.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, it'll be interesting to see who participates next year. DeRozan should retire since this was his second year in a row. I'd like to see McGee and Blake back.

And now we know why LBJ didn't participate...he'd need those tapes confiscated after he loses LOL.

Finally, anyone see KG and Wade sitting next to each other like buddy buddy? I could never do that, but that's probably cause I'm a Laker fan.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Nah man, All-Star Weekend is about fun and celebrating basketball. All of them dream of meeting their idols one day, and to actually be there with all those other heroic figures of the game? Buddy buddy is all this weekend should be.

Pick-up Basketball at its finest.

Top Bottom