• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I honestly thought defense = East, and offense = West to be honest. When I think defense, I think Celtics, Dwight Howard, Noah, Rondo. When I think offense, I think Kobe, Dirk, Ginobili.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I dunno' man. Nobody but the Nuggets or Lakers knew how to drop more than 100 in the West until recently.

Just saying.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I just saw that. Wow. :\

Big test for us tomorrow night against Chicago.

Brandon Roy was told by a surgeon that he has 1-2 years left in his career.

Blake Griffin has 74% of people's votes for the dunk contest. Lots of pressure.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I really don't know what to say. There really isn't any silver lining to it, but that Boston lost to the Nets last year in Boston, and they turned out alright.

Seriously though, Ron needs to leave. That guy is USELESS. He can't shoot, dribble, let alone play any good defense anymore. What is he there for?

I hope Phil just spends the next few days making the guys run up and down the court until the vomit.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It was a combination of a lot of things. Turnovers, Bynum couldn't hit a shot to save his life (1/12) despite them all being easy bunnies, and then you had the usual suspects of Gasol not playing any defense, Fisher getting burned, and Kobe having an off night.

Doesn't help when Anthony Parker is hitting turn around fadeaways as well.

With all that being said, still inexcusable. I seriously hope there can be a trade done to get Stephen Jackson. Ron is a total scrub who just doesn't give a damn anymore.

Nike.

Smash Hero
What REALLY sucks is that the next game is almost a week away. They have to deal with this during the entire All Star Break, which is being hosted in LA.

Wow.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I imagine their morale is going to be pretty low for a bit after that game, but not quite as bad as when the Heat were 9-8... gosh what a nightmare... I shudder when I think about the amount of criticism they were getting at the time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Melo is definitely not the answer. I would personally ship Walton+Artest and something else for Stephen Jackson.

If not Stephen Jackson, then Gerald Wallace. But I doubt Bobcats would give him up due to his youth.

tko112

Smash Lord
i know it's a big time shot in the dark here, but I'm kinda hoping for someone along the lines of either Thaddeus Young or Marvin Williams, I don't know, just throwing that possibility out there

EDIT: Also, from what I've heard, it seems that when his contract expires, Dwight wants to go to the Lakers because he has friends in L.A. and he also supposedly wants to start a music career, I think

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dwight with a music career? Oh gosh...I just picture him having that goofy smile while rapping.

Yeah, if there could somehow be an exchange of Bynum and Dwight, then that would be good.

And I don't think Young or Williams will be given up. Both are content I believe with where they are now, so the office will not give them up easy.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
The defense left when Pop chose to leave the starters on the bench so late into the 4th. Our comeback is looking good but we're almost out of time.

Of course, Pop knows best, and maybe he was just testing the backups for playoff potential. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Studying, so couldn't watch the whole game. Derrick Rose man...that's why he gets my MVP vote. He's just unstoppable, and they are gonna be scary when Noah gets back into the groove.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Lol, the Cavs have now beaten the Celtics and Lakers.

Here's a stat for you: has a team with 10 or less wins at the all star break ever beaten the two teams from the previous year's finals? (Heh, I love finding random records like these.)

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
All-Star game is always fun for me. Doc should just be able to call actual plays with their second unit out there. lol

After this next Dallas/Phoenix game, the weekend is on!

So, who all has YIM or another messenger system? Let's get a viewing party together on this ****. XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Duncan is gonna ruin the beginning since he's a starter. Paul is gonna throw him an alley oop and duncan is gonna come down with it and do a fundamental lay up. Should have started Griffin.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I like this play already. Big Fundamental is akin to a Harlem Globetrotter personality when All-Star Weekend comes around. XD

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Oh god, if Duncan brought out some Shaqesque humor during the game... I think I'd die or something.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Blake Griffin all star dunk hype.

Bye
Way ahead of you man. I've been riding that meat train since the dunk contest was announced. XD

Oh, and related to KrazyGlue's stat: Before people jump all in arms at the Lakers inability to beat the bottom feeders in the league, it should be noted that the 72-10 Bulls team lost a game to the Raptors in their first year as an expansion team. Of course, the Lakers are reeling, but I don't think it's a big deal when you drop games to the bad teams as much as it is when you lose to your real competition. lol

Here's something interesting Bored: What would happen if the Lakers just straight up released Artest? He's clearly hurting them, ya'll have the highest or 2nd highest salary anyways... Why not just drop him and hope for a resurgence?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Way ahead of you man. I've been riding that meat train since the dunk contest was announced. XD

Oh, and related to KrazyGlue's stat: Before people jump all in arms at the Lakers inability to beat the bottom feeders in the league, it should be noted that the 72-10 Bulls team lost a game to the Raptors in their first year as an expansion team. Of course, the Lakers are reeling, but I don't think it's a big deal when you drop games to the bad teams as much as it is when you lose to your real competition. lol

Here's something interesting Bored: What would happen if the Lakers just straight up released Artest? He's clearly hurting them, ya'll have the highest or 2nd highest salary anyways... Why not just drop him and hope for a resurgence?
I'm not sure how the CAP/Salary works, but there's a reason why players are rarely released, and if they are, it's a buyout. Teams still take a CAP hit, and I believe you still have to pay out a certain part of the player's contract. In the NFL, you usually know what money is guaranteed, but it's always a mystery in the NBA.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
True, but I'm just saying that since nobody would want to take a trade for his massive contract, it may just be better to release him for now, kinda' like the Starbury fiasco from a while back.

Top Bottom