• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, it was going to be between him, Odom, or Aldridge.

I swear, China should be excluded from voting. AI, T-mac, and Yao get too much love.

tko112

Smash Lord
with the loss to the Trail Blazers, Cleveland has the single-season record of 24 straight losses

oh, how the mighty have fallen

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I really hope the Dunk Contest isn't a disappointment. Last year, it was pathetic. Shannon Brown blew it, and overall, it just sucked.

Blake Griffin, LBJ, Dwight...that would be a show.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Blake Griffin should just walk in and say "It's time to kick *** and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum." And then do some insane dunk.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Once again a team is having an All Star game against the Heat... This time it's the freaking Pacers. >.>

EDIT: But then again when you have LBJ on your team it's always too early to quit. :laugh:

EDIT2: Cavaliers- 25 game losing streak... wow just... wow

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Okay, nothing against a team playing to their potential vs the Heat, but giving up 100+ points is more on the Heat's defense then anything else.

I lol'ed at the 5 second violation for the Pacers. That's what bad teams do.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Here's a thought: does anybody else find the Atlanta Hawks incredibly boring? Their slowed down, half-court offense, the lack of personality in the players... hell, even the names of their players are really boring. Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, Jordan Crawford, Al Horford, Jason Collins... it's all a monotone bleh to me. I cannot stand watching them.

Sure, they'll win 50 games this year, but it's a given that they'll get eliminated in the 2nd round. For some reason, I have this unnatural dislike of the Hawks. But who finds them boring like me?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hawks always seemed like a boring team. I know they are old in some areas, but when you have an undersized center, athletic PF, a "premiere" guard, you need to get out and run.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sure, they'll win 50 games this year, but it's a given that they'll get eliminated in the 2nd round. For some reason, I have this unnatural dislike of the Hawks. But who finds them boring like me?
Look at my location... I've been a Miami Heat fan for 5 years.

Does that answer your question?

Nike.

Smash Hero
The official word comes out at a press conference at 4pm (forget if that's eastern or central).

I hope it's a false alarm.

EDIT: Yea, 5 eastern, 4 central.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Sloan’s relationship with point guard Deron Williams(notes) had grown progressively worse over the course of the season, league sources said, and the coach had tired of dealing with the team’s best player. The frustration escalated on Wednesday night when Sloan and Williams clashed in the locker room at halftime.

“He decided right there in halftime that he was done,” a league source told Yahoo! Sports. “He felt like ownership was listening more to Williams than they were to him anymore. He was done.”

One source said Sloan had become tired of Williams “blaming everything on everyone else.” Still, Williams, who can become a free agent in the summer of 2012, has remained the Jazz’s best and most consistent player after the departure of several key teammates. Williams has always had a reputation for wanting to win badly and being a strong leader.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsmpNv.bSYWFLkdICSu04B68vLYF?slug=aw-sloanretiring021011

Very dark day for Jazznation.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Especially if this is true about him being just plain tired of Williams.

That kind of stigmata will follow him around for a long time...

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Ray Allen is now the All-Time 3-Pt FG leader in the NBA. Shook Reggie Miller's hand and everything. Greatness between the two of them.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I love Ray Allen, so glad he's broken the record. Two classy players right there, between him and Miller.

Also get ready for the battle of the pathetics when the Cavs' record breaking losing streak goes up against what would tie the record for most road losses in history (Wizards).

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
YES RAY ALLEN!!!
my autographed ray allen sonics poster hanging in my room has new meaning
God i miss the sonics, **** OKC

Nike.

Smash Hero
Clippers BETTER beat the Cav's or they will become public enemy number one.

Wizards at Cavs on sunday. The all star game, a game 7 in the finals, and a harlem globetrotters vs. the washington generals match all rolled into one.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not really. Not impressed at all. Celtics were missing Delonte, Daniels Shaq, and Pierce had flu symptoms. Nate left in the second quarter and didn't return. If anything, this was a game LA had to win, but it's not gonna be easy when Boston is healthy.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Knicks are playing pretty bad right now, and last time, Bynum shut down Stoudamire before getting ejected for his infamous "Are you serious?" line. Though if Knicks are hitting their 3's...gg

Nike.

Smash Hero
Clippers gave them a chance to come back last night in the 4th quarter, but they more or less choked it. Yea, Lakers should win.

I need to troll Zigs. Hornets been getting destroyed lately.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I heard a lot of bull crap from Non-Cavs fans abotu the refs pretty much giving it to them. That last shot in regulation by B. Diddy was pretty close to a goal tending, but I didn't watch OT. Too busy watching my Lakers pound the Knicks.

D'Antoni is never gonna win a championship with his style. Just not plausible. Can't live and die by the 3 and play no defense.

Onto Orlando.

Top Bottom