• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
All of this talk about karma is just stupid the Heat didn't lose because of a dumb tweet by Lebron. When you allow 44 points in the first quarter your team is obviously doing something wrong.

The Heat needed the loss they lost their focus. They can't just expect to win every game in the final 3 minutes of the fourth quarter. The team could EASILY be on a 3 game losing streak right now. It's time for the Heat to re-focus cause they have two rough games ahead in Denver and then in Chicago.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Denver hasn't been playing well of late, though Chicago may be tough despite not having Noah.

I don't think every Cleveland fan is bitter, but it's kinda obvious that there are enough that are still bitter about it to the point Dan Gilbert will side with them, making it a good business move to keep the fans coming.

In any case, LeBron's explanation about the tweet was so hilarious. Dude can be so stupid sometimes. I dunno how many times he contradicted himself in front of the press before the Miami PR stopped it LOL.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Denver hasn't been playing well of late, though Chicago may be tough despite not having Noah.
I'm not underestimating a single team anymore. I thought the Clippers would be an easy win and they ended up having the best first quarter I've ever seen in the NBA so far. :glare: But yeah LeBron really does need to just shut up he's getting too wrapped up in the media shenanigans.

EDIT: Oh wow the Thunder are beating the Magic...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not underestimating a single team anymore. I thought the Clippers would be an easy win and they ended up having the best first quarter I've ever seen in the NBA so far. :glare: But yeah LeBron really does need to just shut up he's getting too wrapped up in the media shenanigans.

EDIT: Oh wow the Thunder are beating the Magic...
Clippers, like the Bucks play really well against good teams. Clippers ended Hornets 12 game win streak and they have beaten the Spurs. Almost beat the Lakers too.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He played through the rolled ankle last night, so it is probably just precaution if anything else. Nevertheless, Heat look stupid without him. I guess this is LeBron's plan to win MVP. Though they are on a back to back though.

Edit: Highlight of the game so far...Ty Lawson out rebounding Dampier LOL.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHH

-Wade's obviously not in the game right now (1-6 free freethrow shooting WTF dude???)
-Chalmers is an idiot and keeps turning the ball over
-NO REBOUNDING
-Juan Howard sucks period
-The zone defense is sucking right now
-NO REBOUNDING
-Mike Miller is still rusty, and sucks right now
-NO REBOUNDING
-Bosh is still soft
-Joel Anthony has brick hands

WHERE IN THE HECK IS THE REBOUNDING AT?????

Smash Master
I know. I've been a fan of the Heat since the days of Hardaway, Majerle, and Mourning. Now we finally get our moment in the sun, and this is what the team delivers. I don't deserve this. I'm a T-Wolves fan now. At least they ****ing try.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
As the TNT crew has been saying a thousand times now...keep in mind, they got into Denver at 4:30 am, woke up at noon, practice, game at a mile high city.

Still shouldn't translate to a 30 point loss.

I'm just disappointed Bosh didn't step it up. Of all people, I expected him. He really is a softy...physically and mentally.

Assuming LBJ doesn't play vs Bulls, I'm expecting a better game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's quite easy really. This team can only properly function when the Big 3 are playing. If one of them goes down, the system is broken, especially on defense... So with LBJ temporarily hurt and Wade playing bad basketball Bosh is the only one who's playing decent basketball on the whole freaking team. Add that in with UD being injured, and Miller still rusty and sucky, what does this team boil down to? A bunch of below-average, old, veteran role players that can't contribute when the team needs them to step up like tonight.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well in general, Wade and Bosh should be enough to at least make it competitive and get open looks for their 3 point shooters. I mean, we're talking about two franchise players here. When Kobe went out last year for 5 games, Lakers won all 5. LBJ doesn't exactly hold "Dirk" value to the team. It's not like they don't have anyone else to carry the load.

I'm disappointed in Miller. He needs to be more aggressive with his shot. Only way he's gonna get it back is to practice some in game. With a game blown out like this, I would jack up plenty. It's what House is doing lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Games like this really make me question if the players outside of the Big 3 really have what it takes to truly be a championship team, and right now I'm doubting that. As much as I would love it to be the Heat can't expect to win with just a 3 man show.

-I still don't like any of the Heat centers. Big Z is inconsistent with his shot and soft, Dampier is old, and Joel Anthony just flat out sucks.
-The forwards are OK. James Jones has been playing very well hopefully he can keep it up during the playoffs, MM is still getting into his groove but is playing waaay below expectations (he's supposed to be our 4th best player??? I haven't seen it), UD is out (really, really hurting this team), and Juan Howard flat out sucks.
-The guards are iffy. Arroyo has been doing pretty well for the most part. Chalmers is soooo inconsistent. Sometimes I like the guy and sometimes I hate him. Eddie House is streaky at best.

Tl;dr- Outside of the Big 3, the only players I'm confident with are Arroyo and James Jones. The rest are either inconsistent, or flat out suck. Oh yeah... or injured/recovering.

/rant

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think Heat would be better off trying to trade Bosh for Melo...Melo would be tougher inside LOL. Guy is a beast when it comes to boxing out.

Edit: LOL

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I mean, losing your top 2 scorers is gonna hurt lol. Scoring wise, it's like losing Kobe and Pau. Ginobli and Parker. Pierce and Ray.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nah. Heat only have like 2 games in 11 days...no need to rush him back. With that being said, I hope Heat lose soley so Lakers can put some distance on them.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I can't even explain how relieving it is to see players outside of the Big 3 FINALLY showing up.

Eddie House is making Chalmers look terrible and Miker Miller thank GOD he's finally warming up!!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
These Bulls announcers are SO BORING. I'm falling asleep watching this game. On the bright side, go green bay. Can't believe the Ravens blew it.

Hm, you know, someone had brought up an interesting point. Despite the Cavs being built to surround LeBron, it's interesting how much their defense has dropped off. Originally, I thought it was because they lost Mike Brown, a defensive coach along with two bigs. However, with Miami allowing points left and right, you have to wonder if you can say LBJ is a "defensive anchor" like KG.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
In the general public's eyes I mean. He's always known for his offense for nobody wants to talk about how much more of a superior defender LeBron is than a lot of other superstars.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I dunno...I mean you really don't hear any fans talk about defense lol. It's all about how superstars score anyways. Really, if you talk to any rational NBA fan, they'll tell you LBJ is a beast of a defender.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My GOD D Wade might be the worst superstar shooting guard in terms of FTs in NBA history..

EDIT: HOLY **** WADE WITH THE CLUTCH 3'S LETS GOOO!!!!

EDIT2: 3 game losing streak... Not hitting the panic button the Heat hung in there w/o LeBron so the Bulls won't get so lucky next time. :mad:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Interesting to see what Bosh's diagnosis is. Though I don't he will be out given they have 2 games in 11 days. If anything, LBJ should be back lol.

If anything, it gives more playing time for Miller...who needs it.

Edit: Best thing I heard tonight...

"Bosh wanted to 'chill', so he took himself out of the game" LOL.

2nd Edit: Kinda poorly edited, but this mix kinda sends chills to my spine. Kanye's "Amazing" seems to fit so well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJowe6jJwnw

KonataAndKagame

Smash Rookie
I'm assuming this is also for the NCAA League, right?

Anyways, i'm a Syracuse Orange fan. 18-0, baby! (5-0 in Big East)

I must say, i'm getting tired of people jumping onto Duke's bandwagon. They got spanked by Florida State last week, so hopefully they lost some confidence.

Smash Master
Looks like the San Antonio Sterns are back.

**** me I gotta stop watching games of teams i like

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Kobe is a dirty rapist and deserves to be thrown in jail for the rest of his life.
Lmao, something this unprovoked should probably be moderated or given a warning of some kind. Still, I laughed. XD

I'm assuming this is also for the NCAA League, right?

Anyways, i'm a Syracuse Orange fan. 18-0, baby! (5-0 in Big East)

I must say, i'm getting tired of people jumping onto Duke's bandwagon. They got spanked by Florida State last week, so hopefully they lost some confidence.
Boo to the 'Cuse. :p
I'm a K-State and Mizzou fan myself, although I'm not too big on College Basketball loyalties. I really don't hate any teams though.

They really do I don't know how their record is as bad as it is.
It's a mystery, that's for sure.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Clippers have picked it up of late. Started out the season 1-8, but since then have been steadily growing better. They did a much better job finishing out this game then the ones compared to Hornets and Spurs, where free throws were missed, turnovers were made, etc.

LA vs Thunder tonight...that team gets me nervous everytime =/. Oh the horror of that OKC stadium going bonkers in the playoffs. Almost as bad as the GS fans during the series against the Mavs.

Edit: Remember the 2008 Oscar Awards?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WNB9WtNIQQ

Top Bottom