• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Terry was the one that busted that D assignment on Chalmers. He's the worst defensive player on the team. :\

And yeah, the Mavs played weeeird all night. But they played tough, and the Heat collapsed at just the right time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
@ Numbers They are overrated? Weren't they projected to not even go to the Finals? I'm just disagreeing with you, because I don't believe that. Bad execution on offense with Spo taking several timeouts to get his team to get to play better...didn't work.

Smash Master
That wasn't laziness that was just pure stupidity I seriously thought the Heat matured past the point of blowing huge leads like they did MULTIPLE times in the regular season.

Apparently I was wrong.
I disagree. The last 5 minutes Wade just stopped moving on offense. If he was really giving 100%, he would have tried to get himself open enough to catch the ball or set a pick or something.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
And for whoever posted that LeBron article: Gibson wasn't taking a cheap shot, he was standing up for himself and his teammates.

Bron Bron said: “I wanted to team up with some guys that would never die down in the moment..."

That's an awful thing to say. Gibson is in the right by saying what he did.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
And Numbers, not trying to argue, but standing around on offense isn't a sign of no hustle. KD wanted to win, but he did the same thing. It's just a 5 minute span of a player losing his head and never getting back on track. 5 minutes is what, 15 possessions or so? Normally only 7 of those would be designed with Wade in mind, and it's possible he just never found a way to get involved.

It's a collapse, to be sure, but it doesn't mean he didn't want to win. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Won't happen again, but I was wrong on my prediction about Dallas not being able to come back if Miami has a big lead in the 4th.

When Dallas had that 3 on 1 vs Bosh...I was surprised to see LBJ not run back...he could have made it.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
It won't happen again because the Heat won't be up by 15 in the 4th again. lol

Dallas will win at least 2 at home, could the Heat force a GAME 7 IN THE NBA FINALS? :O

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Well, the Heat have 2 options. Do what the Mavs did when Portland shocked them and dominate the rest of the playoffs, OR, do what the Heat did this season and collapse for streaks at a time. :D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, at the end of the day...this is one game. Both teams have a lot of work to do. However if the Heat lose this series...Game 2 will be the one they look back on.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
These types of losses are the WORST this feeling is all too familiar. I don't even know how to defend my team right now... at all.

I need a basketball hiatus the Heat are gonna get more **** than ever. See ya in Game 3 guys. :\

theeboredone

Smash Legend
"Miami’s stars celebrated a Dwyane Wade 3-pointer by dancing in front of the Dallas bench. It certainly seemed like a dagger shot, capping a 13-0 run to put the Heat up 15 with 7:33 remaining. "

smh

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lol, I really don't think it does. XD

Mavs didn't really overcome amazing adversity, and the Heat are too villainous for the song. That's my opinion, at least.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think both teams have shared their bit of criticism. Mavs for all their gags over the past years, and no one even gave them a chance to get to the Finals. It was either Spurs, OKC, or Lakers. Heat...well it's been them against the world since Day 1.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Shaq's press conference is gonna' be great. He's been partying for like 2 or 3 days and acting a fool. He's probably the most fun guy to ever play the game.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Lol I love how Wade just watches his half court shot, realized he missed, and then pulls the eye poke gesture.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Shaq threatening to knock out more people than MJ said he'd beat 1 on 1. :D

That was a cool press conference. Look forward to Dr. O'Neal being on TV soon.

Edit: I don't think I ever realized how important greatness was in Shaq's mind. That really explains a lot about how he became as dominant as he was. It's also kinda' sad to know that he was chasing 30,000 points and got so close.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lmaoooooooo, how many people are big enough to joke about Kobe like that? XD

Also, love Stephen A. Smith providing the black commentary for the story. "I've heard considerably worse freestyling, and when you get on stage you normally use things like that."

If any of you care a smidgen about tennis, Djokovic is losing to Federer but it's pretty close still. Could be the end of the amazing streak.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't think Shaq was joking when he initially released that rap. But they are pretty chill now. Even Shaq joked about it when Kobe won his 4th or 5th ring.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
He was joking, he called out Kareem too. Shaq would never do that. lmao

Djokovic is down 2 sets to none. McEnroe's streak will stay intact? :O
Federer is serving harder than he should be able to.

strawhats

Smash Master
He was joking, he called out Kareem too. Shaq would never do that. lmao

Djokovic is down 2 sets to none. McEnroe's streak will stay intact? :O
Federer is serving harder than he should be able to.
go fed...i dont want rafa to lose that number 1 ranking

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, Fed won in the 4th set in a tiebreaker. The streak has ended and my boy Rafi stays number 1.

Top Bottom