• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
And you know what I'd love to see in that opening Finals clip? More shots of the entire teams on the court. Both times they show the Pistons they look like some bad dudes.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah I know, but I just think outside of the really obvious highlights, more of those team shots would be cooler. I also love Wade patting Shaq on the head as they leave the tunnel. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I swear to god, basketball players can be stupid. 5 seconds left on the shot clock, LBJ behind the 3...scouting report says he's taking that. CROWD HIM

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Overall I like what I'm seeing so far Wade is back in attack mode, Bron being Bron, etc. Just gotta tighten up the defense a bit more and the Heat should pull away.

EDIT: Wow LeBron just can't miss tonight...

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
i said lebron wouldnt get the 3's, but i was mostly referring to the lucky buzzer beater last game

and jesus christ thank you bored, most obvious call ever?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lmao at that violation.

Good half. Glad Carlisle is playing Stevenson more. They shuld keep him out there to guard Wade. In any case...Peja is useless, and Dirk is gagging.

Halftime song sucks. "I'm on the edge!"

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lucky 3 by Wade there but I'm not liking the Heat's offense right now it's a 2 man show. They need someone like Haslem/Miller to start making shots to spread the floor.

Bosh has been Mr. Brick since this series started. :urg:

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE START MAKING THE FREE THROWS!!! :mad:

LOLOLOLOL

Smash Master
Some of you thought Miami was a fundamentally different team. That they'd "turn it on" in the playoffs. You ready to stop believing yet?

Basketball is work for these guys. None of them enjoy running and jumping. They all want to try to go out every night and do the least possible to win by single digits. THEY'RE LAZY. It's not a "habit" that spolestra is going to break. It's part of their identity. Their makeup as individuals.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
OMG.

He's reached a new level of clutch. Bored, we channeled that good juju by your sarcasm earlier. :D

He's being sarcastic Tko. :D

DIRRRRRRRRRRRK.

By the way, this just got real. Mavs are in control.

Suspect

Smash Hero
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK

I woke up and they were down by 11, i cried and my tears gave Dirk tacklin fuel

tacklin fuel

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
DIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKK!!!

That beautiful German *******.

How long till people question the way the Heat (didn't) close that game?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Some of you thought Miami was a fundamentally different team. That they'd "turn it on" in the playoffs. You ready to stop believing yet?

Basketball is work for these guys. None of them enjoy running and jumping. They all want to try to go out every night and do the least possible to win by single digits. THEY'RE LAZY. It's not a "habit" that spolestra is going to break. It's part of their identity. Their makeup as individuals.
A lot of teams in the past have "turned it on". It's a different case every year, team to team. And that's dumb to say they don't want to do as much when it's the FINALS. Isn't LBJ so hungry for that title? Doesn't Wade want to win one? No letting up. The problem was, Wade and LBJ resorted to taking heroic 3's down the stretch. Not this time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Like I said...those heroic 3's worked Game 1. Not this time. LBJ took two straight fade away 3's. Wade took straight 3's. All 4 with the shot clock going down. That's not good offense.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
IDC what anyone says that was the worst 6 minutes of offensive basketball I've ever seen from the Heat since the beginning of the regular season.

Heat gave that game to the Mavs. Might cost them the series now.

If this ends up being the way the Heat go down I'm never gonna stop hearing it from my friends... Might need to change my identity.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Another thing. Why the heck was Bosh guarding Dirk? Haslem, LBJ...where was the double?

Also...TRG, I disagree. Did you see half the turnovers the Mavs had? Kidd traveling by dragging his pivot? Kidd throwing quite a few bad passes? This is one of the best PGs to play the game...nerves or whatever...Mavs had a lot of bad turnovers.

Smash Master
A lot of teams in the past have "turned it on". It's a different case every year, team to team. And that's dumb to say they don't want to do as much when it's the FINALS. Isn't LBJ so hungry for that title? Doesn't Wade want to win one? No letting up. The problem was, Wade and LBJ resorted to taking heroic 3's down the stretch. Not this time.
Whenever I say anthing you gotta start something. Why?

They want to win. They just don't want to do more than they have to. Like if you're driving to work, you're going to take shortcuts because you don't want to drive more than you have to. (Actually a better analogy would be not leaving early, because then you sometimes get screwed and arrive late.) You still want to get to work though. For wade and bron, that means they'll start shot chucking with a big lead and hope a couple fall in.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Also...TRG, I disagree. Did you see half the turnovers the Mavs had? Kidd traveling by dragging his pivot? Kidd throwing quite a few bad passes? This is one of the best PGs to play the game...nerves or whatever...Mavs had a lot of bad turnovers.
Some were forced some weren't I don't even care about the Mavs right now I'm still trying to figure out WTF the Heat were doing at the end of that 4th quarter!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Not to mention his absolutely terrible defense for a lot of the game (highlighted being the 3 by chalmers at the end).

@Numbers, No matter how you put it, if your team is playing lazy in the finals then there is clearly something wrong going on.

Smash Master
The heat aren't my team. They're overrated right now. I like irrelevant blue-collar Minnesota.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That wasn't laziness that was just pure stupidity I seriously thought the Heat matured past the point of blowing huge leads like they did MULTIPLE times in the regular season.

Apparently I was wrong.

Top Bottom