• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm 6'1"

The only reason I care about this is that there are people rioting outside my apartment because of it lol

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Suspect's fuggin tall. Like, it's messed up. I'm a mini Grizzly Blair, sitting 6'4" in the post. XD

5'10 ain't short Bored. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bynum was in foul trouble tonight, but when he played, he LITERALLY played like Shaq. He would back his man deep inside, then turn around and dunk that ****. Once even dunked it and did the Shaq landing.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
He's living up to the promises made so many moons ago. :O

Phoenix/Dallas game is interesting tonight.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Looks like Phoenix choked big time. Stupid 3 by Frye, and fail blown lay up by Dudley.

I swear, either Kidd is raining 3's or missing all of them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Listening to NBA today with Ryen Russillo and Ric Bucher. First question is about the Celtics struggle, and Bucher also points out the emotional disturbance when Perkins was traded, especially to Rondo. However, what was more interesting to hear was that KG has not been trash talking as much ala "He's been REALLY quiet", because he doesn't have that big bruiser next to him.

"The real tough guy on the front lines was Kendrick Perkins."

And Henry Abbott continues to be a moron. Nuggets can make the Finals? LMAO.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Chances of the Nuggets getting past the Thunder, Mavericks, Lakers, or Spurs to make the Finals?? :laugh:

But in all seriousness it is a bit concerning watching how poorly Boston has been performing since the Perkins trade. In fact same thing with New York w/ Melo but they're a new team so they just need some time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
From what I understand...this is what I think...

Ainge made the trade so he could get Green, and later resign him. He would hope Green would develop into a potential all-star player, and keep the Celtics at least a playoff team compared to when they were in the dog days for 15-20 some years. If he had kept Perkins, he would have walked at the end of the season, unless he got paid. Even then, the Big 3 would be a year older, and well...sooner than later, they would have no one around Rondo.

With that being said...you DO NOT wreck a team's chemistry, especially if they were one quarter away from winning the Finals. I mean look, the Lakers didn't pull the trigger on Bynum for Melo, and look how that's working out for them.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Even though I really dislike Boston I'd be pretty frustrated if they don't get their ish back together by the time the playoffs come around. I want them to be just as good as they were a bit earlier in the season when they were the most feared team in the NBA (other than the Spurs) so that when the Heat finally go up against them there will be no excuses.

There's no satisfaction in beating a weakened Boston team (if it happens). It's really too bad for Boston Perkins always gave the Heat Centers hell.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I'm 5'10" but I'm only 17 so I think I'll be around 6'0" or 6'1" at my peak.

I'm rooting for a VCU-Kentucky final with VCU winning. But if Butler beats VCU I'll root for them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm 5'10" but I'm only 17 so I think I'll be around 6'0" or 6'1" at my peak.

I'm rooting for a VCU-Kentucky final with VCU winning. But if Butler beats VCU I'll root for them.
This is what I thought. I was 5'10 by 8th grade...didn't grow an inch since then LMAO.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lmao, Dwight Howard is getting wrecked by the Knicks...and I mean that in a bad way, since he can't even buy a call. What a shame. Melo just pushed him on his running hook, and no call.

And Gilbert Arenas can't start...that guy is TERRIBLE. He is the X-Factor to this team's success, and right now he's not playing up to that status.

Boston gonna loooooseeee.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Celtics are in trouble. They've now lost 3-4 games and to some questionable teams. Plus it doesn't help that they're playing the Spurs next. Welcome to the 3rd seed Boston.

If the Bulls lose tonight there is a SMALL window of opportunity for the Heat to snag the #1 seed but to do that they can't afford to lose a game. Crazy things have already happened this season so who knows... Good thing the Heat have the easiest schedule in the NBA these last few games.

EDIT: Well actually Boston may win against the Spurs because of the injuries... Who knows?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm rooting for Boston vs Spurs. Assuming Portland wins, and so does Boston. LA will be sitting 2 games back. A showdown with the Mavs and Lakers for the Spurs may change the tide.

Then again, why would LA want the first seed? Second round...I'd rather play the Mavs than OKC.

I'm not even sure if I can say Boston will be alright. I don't know if it's age, or the lack of chemistry. Last year...you could chalk it up to them resting, and being a bit lazy. This year...it's injuries and chemistry issues. Remember, Delonte just returned as well. He hasn't played enough to establish some cohesion with the team. It's just a rough stretch at the wrong time.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
This is what I thought. I was 5'10 by 8th grade...didn't grow an inch since then LMAO.
Yeah but this is exactly what happens to males in my family. We grow a few inches pretty late. My dad is 6'0" and he was slightly shorter than me at this age.

Celtics are just looking ugly. I'm actually starting to get worried a bit. Usually they just lose some dumb games at the end of the season because they don't care, but they're just not playing well at all right now. Injuries aren't helping, nor is chemistry, but they need to get back on track come playoff time. Rondo finally had a great game though, so that's good.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Hopefully they'll end their slump soon in time for the playoffs.

I would really hate to see Boston get knocked out in the 1st round by the 76'ers (assuming they get 3rd seed and 6th seed, respectively). That would be really hard to watch actually.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Yeah it's kind of a weird thing about teams you hate. You want your team to beat them themselves so there's no excuses. Like I would be kind of disappointed if the Lakers inexplicably lost in the first round.

The one exception for me is the New York Yankees, for whom my hatred is so deep that I want them to lose as horribly and often as possible.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Eh yeah. I mean, I can't think of other rivalries in regards to other sports. 49ers are still sitting in the dog days, but if they were to ever become elite, I would love to see some epic showdowns with the Packers and Cowboys. Those were some golden days.

Hence why I want to see the Spurs in the WCF. Two franchises that dominated last decade. Just another chapter in their ever long battle.

Boston needs to make it to the Finals. I know everyone is a year older, but right now in this generation of mine, they are 1-1. We need a tie breaker.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
At this point in the season I'm predicting a Heat/Lakers finals if Boston doesn't get back on its legs. I'm confident that the Heat can take the Bulls in a 7 game series. It was just Boston I was always afraid of.

Of course a month ago my prediction would have been Boston/Lakers.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I would love to see the Bulls in the Finals, but I see a lot of Cleveland in them. Granted they have a superior coach in Tom Thib, but you can either shut down Rose, or shut down the team, and make Rose beat you. It's similar to what Orlando did with LeBron. They shut down his teammates, and had LeBron go off. Similar to what Phoenix did to Kobe back in 06. The Bulls are gonna need Boozer to toughen up, while becoming a legit 2nd banana. He hasn't been right to me all season.

If the playoffs started now, it would be Lakers vs Bulls/Heat. With that being said, the Playoffs is a new season. Anything goes.

Spurs lose again. Dammit, I really don't want to see OKC in the playoffs lmao.

Orlando is still my sleeper team. If they get hot from the 3, they are unstoppable. Arenas is still their X-Factor though.

Top Bottom