• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I loved AZ beating Duke as much as you guys.

HOWEVER: Don't mistake Zona for a great team. They're a good team, and only because of stellar star play.

Ohio St. runs a slow paced, pro style offense that is perfect for limiting fast break opportunities for Zona. The fast break is how they built that massive lead, and half-court offense is what stopped the 19-2 run.

Arizona runs what might be the ****tiest offense I've ever seen outside of BYU's Jimmer-it-up gameplan.

The high screen between guards is one of the most ineffective plays in basketball, and Arizona runs that **** every play. That first half was painful to watch, and I haven't seen that many iso plays in 20 minutes since a game of NBA Live. No passing, simple screens and drives and missed layups.

That said, they fixed that problem early in the 2nd half, and they won because of it. Just don't mistake Duke's collapse for Arizona's dominance. Ohio St. will be a different matchup, if they can beat a very similar but better coached UConn team.

Congratz to Arizona though.

Why did almost every one of my upsets lose heartbreakers?! XD

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I'm just glad that AZ is back in the Elite Eight, just like the good ol' days

Now Oklahoma St and Georgia Tech need to get good again and we'll be back in the early 00s

Nike.

Smash Hero
Duke choked that game away extremely hard. Uconn is way too tough mentally to allow AZ to do that again.

Regardless, I'm totally okay with getting creamed by 40 points on saturday. Beating Texas and Duke will satisfy me for at least a few years.

Nike.

Smash Hero
At least.

Getting robbed by Duke back in the 01 Championship forever scarred me. You don't know how much I hate them and UT.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Sounds like you need to embrace the magic of friendship. Carrying grudges like that are unhealthy for a fan. XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Doc Rivers' kid will be at Duke next year. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops as a player given he's the top recruit coming out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yes, that's why he's the number one recruit lol. I think it would be pretty sick if he develops into a superstar, and wait for it...

Leads his future NBA team into the playoffs to play against his dad. If only Coby Karl could have done that.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
That's a pretty boring storyline if you ask me. lol

Tomorrow, the madness continues. Sounds like another BALL NIGHT!!!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's a pretty boring storyline if you ask me. lol

Tomorrow, the madness continues. Sounds like another BALL NIGHT!!!
I don't know. I think it would be awesome to see Austin Rivers playing for a team, and guiding them into the post season, where he has to face off against his dad's Celtics in the ECF.

Family drama ftw.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I dunno', I guess it's just way too soon to imagine that. Drama needs some buildup first, and we're nowhere near that. XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's just wishful thinking. Btw, Maaan, if you know a place where we can ball, let's ditch Mizumi-Con after the tourny and hoop it up.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
You're coming down this weekend? :D

I'm down for that so hard. Nike should be free depending on when the AZ game is.

Damn, I wish I'd known you were coming sooner. It's hard to make plans with my grandma being sick. :(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Didn't they say Brawl starts at 3? I'll bring my bball shoes just in case. I've never used my hyperdunks on concrete, but may have to make an exception. Probably will have to shower if we go super hardcore.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
If we had to, we could go to Gold's Gym. They should have pickup games going on always. I honestly don't know where OLLU is offhand. XD

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, but I've had a free one for years. :D

Plus, they allow guests and never check who's coming in if they didn't. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Awesome. Well, I'll be sure to bring my shoes, and hopefully I can take a shower somewhere, so I don't end up stinking up the car ride.

I expect epicness similar to that KIA commercial.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Hell yeah. If SA is down to ball too, we'll go play somewhere else, but GG is a safety net. We got this.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I believe Memphis' next 2 games are against the bulls and spurs

Houston's next 2 games are against the heat and nets

They are still 2 games behind Memphis, realistically im expecting Memphis to lose those 2 games. I think Houston can beat the Heat and of course more sure about them beating the Nets but im not saying for sure on both cause I dont want to get confident.

That will put Memphis and Houston at a tie but Houston wins the tie breaker so they would get 8th seed! (in the scenario that Memphis loses both and Houston wins both)

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
So glad KU stomped the **** out of Richmond, all the talk of an upset and their arrogant remarks brought on the wrath of this team that didn't look scared of any underdog

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I hope Kentucky knocks off Ohio State. I have Ohio State only going to the Elite Eight, so it will hurt almost everyone else more than it hurts me. Go Wildcats! (Both Arizona and Kentucky)

EDIT: OSU getting all kinds of calls, especially Sullinger. They're lucky it's tied at halftime.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Hmmm Boston's gonna allow Miami get the 2nd seed I already see that coming.
I'll try to remember this nice little quote for later.
Heat are only a game away from being tied with the Celtics now. How'd they lose to the Bobcats of all teams?

The only reason I made that prediction was because someone posted a thread on the Heat forums showing that Boston really started to falter towards the end during last year's regular season. I felt like (hoped) the same thing would happen this year so the Heat could snag the 2nd seed.

Still doesn't really matter which seed they get at this point cause the Heat will still need to get through Chicago and/or Boston. I'd feel a lot more comfortable avoiding Boston at all costs despite the fact that Chicago has the better record. The Heat can hang with the Bulls they've done it throughout the regular season but always blow it in the end. HOPEFULLY the trend will stop in the playoffs.

Heat need that homecourt in the second round against the Celts and the Knicks are falling to pieces so common 2nd seed!!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
NOPE!!! Ohio State only in my elite eight! YEEEEAAAAHHHH

Unfortunately I've already lost SDSU and Pitt.

But I've now realized that if UNC beats UK and Kansas wins it all, I will win both this group and my school group. I need 4 games to go my way. *crosses fingers*

EDIT:

Here's the situation for our group:
1. If UNC beats UK, I win. If UNC loses and UConn beats Arizona but Kansas wins it all, I win.
2. If UNC loses and Arizona beats UConn, Jane wins.
3. If Kansas does not win it all and UConn beats Arizona and UNC loses, Cutz22 (TRG?) wins.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Man I should've known stupid Ohio St would lose, the Big Ten was way overrated this year, just look at Purdue...

In other news, TWO SEC teams are in the Elite Eight, as well as one Pac-10 school—conferences that everyone said were down this year. And the Big East only has 1 out of 11 left ohohohohohoho

Jane

Smash Hero
here what i see happening

kentucky over north carolina

arizona over uconn

kansas over vcu

florida over butler

then,

arizona over north carolina

kansas over florida

aaaand finally.......

come on now, ARIZONA over KANSAS :yeahboi:

/optimism

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
UConn and VCU in the Final Four? I'm starting to believe!

Dare I dream the impossible dream...A UConn/VCU National Championship game?!

Jane

Smash Hero
you can dream it, but it aint gonna happen bruh.

as much as i think canines >>> felines...

wildcats >>> huskies ;D

Top Bottom