• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Nike.

Smash Hero
We don't matchup with Uconn as well as we do with Duke. Gonna be a very close game. I'll be rooting hard, though. If they beat Uconn, Final Four in Houston is a freakin 3 hour drive from me :3

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Derrick Williams v. Kemba Walker is going to be really interesting, even if they don't play the same position I can envision some kind of crazy-*** shootout/dunkfest going down. This will probably be the more hype game of the tournament so far

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
As much as I love Williams' game, Kemba is my fave talent in the tourney. I'm going to be following this game, even if I don't watch it. XD

VCU is a legit team though, nobody saw them coming. :O

And who the **** is emazing?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Butler...so magical

KU is going to basically go against every Cinderella ever on their way to the championship game

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Man, I'm so happy right now, but I don't understand why Arizona went for three in that situation.

Jane

Smash Hero
they wanted to end it. Horne had a good look and he had hit the previous 3. I dont blame him and DWills but damn....

Im sad :(

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Stupid UConn ruined it for my school group...

As far as the Smash Boards group, Jane is out of contention.
If UNC beats Kentucky or Kansas wins it all, I win.
If Kentucky beats UNC and Kansas does not win it all, Cutz22 wins.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So I'm currently watching the 76'ers vs the Kings out of boredom and to my great surprise, this has been one of the most intense games I've watched in weeks.

Bosh teams are making big shots after big shots...

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
VCU dismantling Kansas at halftime, 41-27. Wow. If VCU actually knocks off Kansas, our group will come down to whether UNC beats Kentucky or not.

Jane

Smash Hero
welp, VCU is about to win. i am officially a VCU fan. they've played great basketball this tournament. i think theyre now my favorite to win it all.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Final Score: VCU 71, Kansas 61

WTF.

Regardless, it all comes down to the upcoming UNC-Kentucky game. I just need UNC to win. COME ON UNC!!!!!!!

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
God damn it

I love refs. I also love missing free throws

The WORST part though is now VCU is just going to lose to Butler by 30 points, which makes me wonder...what's the point then?

Jane

Smash Hero
VCU is to hondafoo what uconn is to me.

also i hope UK/north carolina DESTROYS uconn haha.

but butler smashing VCU...?

naaaa

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
But it always seems to happen. Every time a high seed beats Kansas they immediately get ***** the next round. It's like, they only exist to beat KU and then they disappear forever

It's incredibly annoying.

I do like Shaka Smart though, so at least I don't completely loathe the team (like UK and Mich St, ugh). I just wish KU would lose to a power team for once, instead of always being 'upset'

btw Jane are you a student at U of A?

Jane

Smash Hero
not at the moment, no. i will be transferring over in two semesters though. i ****ed around too much in high school haha. but yeah i'm just a tucson native.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
UConn/Butler would be better, Butler really deserves one after coming soooo close last year

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
My preferred outcome is, of course, a UConn championship. Short of that though, I want VCU to win it all.

If neither of those occur, I'm happy that they both made the Final Four, as long as Kentucky doesn't win it all. I hate Calipari with a passion.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Who doesn't hate that guy...

It was so great taking the championship right out of his grasp in 2008, what better coach for that to happen to

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
A bunch of us smashers at VCU were chanting stack it up and 4-stock them haha.

There were riots on the streets of richmond afterwards.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
So who the heck is Cutz22? They won, I guess. Can't believe how many things went their way at the end. Anyways, I got second at least, which isn't too bad. Stupid UConn really killed me throughout the tournament.

Should've known those basketball-noobs wouldn't know how to handle success :mad::mad::mad:
U MAD :troll:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
But... Richmond's been good for a while now. lol

And Bored is mistaken. He tried to dunk on me, but I threw that **** back to Austin. Afterwards, I dropped trou and he kissed it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Why is Boston barely beating the TIMBERWOLVES??

What is wrong with those guys right now? >.> They lose one more game and they're down to the 3rd seed.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
By the way: I haven't had a phone in almost a year, so I'm super excited to have one again. XD

210-421-9684

Hit me up with a text whenever, I talk ball all day. Just let me know who you are. lmao

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Why is Boston barely beating the TIMBERWOLVES??

What is wrong with those guys right now? >.> They lose one more game and they're down to the 3rd seed.
It didn't help that we didn't have Rondo. Still, they didn't have Love, so it should have been an easier game. Boston's clearly hitting the brakes right now, so the Heat could still get the 2 seed. They still have a couple of games to go though.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
We rioted friday night too lol.

VCU is crazy. You should see how we act at basketball game that is at home. ODU rioted too when they won as well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Epic showdown between Spurs and Celtics...Spurs with no Duncan and possibly Ginobili. Celtics without...half their team? I don't know anymore.

Top Bottom