• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I had to watch that play a few times, but it was the correct call when LBJ met Hibbert at the rim. I don't think LBJ intended to lead with the elbow, but it is what it is.

So remind me why Wade is considered the third best SG of all time by some?

Miami will win game 7. They will hit their 3's again, and Haslem will go 9/9 like he's done twice now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Loooool. Probably still mad about not getting to be in the playoffs. Then again, I would be too.

I was watching Hercules today, and I was instantly reminded of LBJ after Game 5's halftime (we went HAM on his teammates).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Welp. I was solid on my prediction. Heat winning by 15 with Wade coming alive. With that being said, if they bring this sort of intensity in the Finals, they will be fine. It seems like the Heat sort of had "Laker" syndrome, where they don't try their hardest at times until their backs are against the wall.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Three straight Finals appearances man... That's a hell of an accomplishment.

The Spurs are the better team than the Pacers but I think Miami matches up a lot better against them.

But damn gotta give credit to the Pacers. They gave the Heat absolute HELL and surprised everyone. Not underestimating that team again.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Alright, we all get to see the first game between the Spurs and Heat this year. I'm not rooting for either team. I just want to enjoy The Finals.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Spurs not as good defensively, but much better offensively. Obviously, the key is going to be in slowing Wade/Bosh down and making LBJ do everything again. That pretty much is the formula. Easier said than done, but not sure where Wade is at health wise, and Bosh just looks like he got worn out by Hibbert.

Jane

Smash Hero
i hate how if i try to edit my post, i cant use "enter" to go to a new line >__>

but anyways, damn, i wish GK the best. great coach, great person. would love to see him at LAC.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not surprised Karl got ousted. Unfortunately, it was a time for a change of scenario given how his coaching tenure has played out. Too many first round exits. His philosophy has always been to play without a superstar and "team" ball, but it's just so hard to do in the playoffs.

I think the Clippers are going to try and get a coach with a bit more "winning" pedigree. Whether it's an assistant coach, or just a reputable coach who's been out of the league for a bit.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
No way this series ends in 5 games either way... unless if the heat role players go nuts akin to how Chalmers and Miller went off on the Thunder.

I predict a Heat victory in 6 hard fought games. Tony Parker and LeBron will get theirs. The key match up will be Bosh vs Duncan IMO. Bosh just can't afford to allow himself to get so outplayed... Hibbert had his foot up his ass throughout the series.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think Bosh will find his groove against Duncan. Duncan/Splitter are no where near the load (literally) that Hibbert is. Especially for a finesse player like Bosh.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Tony Parker is clutch as **** and that shot was absolutely nuts. That spin move that he did with 5-6 minutes left in the 4th was so sick. My boy Kawhi Leonard played great D on Lebron and he's making everyone at SDSU proud right now. That steal he had late in the 4th quarter was pretty clutch too.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Leonard is such a beast defensively. Great rebounder too for his position. I just wish he was more keen on expanding his offensive game. Dude has a lot of potential.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I dunno. I do acknowledge he has one on one talent, but I think his vision/playmaking ability is subpar. I just feel like people are hyping him like people hyped up Ibaka to be the next KG or something. I just think Leonard's ceiling is a 15-18 ppg guy.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Spurs should be concerned about their 3 point shooting. Neal is ice cold. Ginobili is on or off. Leonard's lift is missing from guarding James. Bonner is in a slump. Their only 3 point threat is Green, and he might come down to Earth too.

Meanwhile, Miller, Ray Allen, and Chalmers have all been consistent so far.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Two role players played really well for Miami in game 2. Same concept for Spurs in game 3. Formula for success?

Anyone surprised to see LBJ struggling? Not just on his drive, but his jumpshot too. I guess Leonard is playing a bit more up close to him.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Welcome to the Finals...no the PLAYOFFS Wade.

I know LBJ has been hitting his J consistently for the most part in the playoffs, but if Wade can get going...this series is Miami's to lose.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Please... and LeBron got fouled at least 6-7 times tonight without a call while Parker couldn't even get breathed on.

That was the greatest game I've ever witnessed. LeBron rose when the lights were the brightest once again.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
LBJ might've gotten a few more free throws, but it's really just Boris Diaw's fatness countering LBJ's muscle, leaving him with no strength to shoot properly.

Overall, you're not gonna get those calls at the end. Didn't really think Ginobili got fouled that bad. Him and Leonard should have hit their free throws at the end of the fourth. LBJ hit a clutch 3 pointer, but choked pretty bad when Wade came back in. Two turnovers and a missed three. Spurs gave that game to them in the end by not rebounding and missing FTs.

TRG's hairline is bad as LeBron's.

Edit: Spurs are not winning this if they can't find a way to shake LBJ off TP. I'm surprised Pop didn't go with the double screen. Ginobili has to play well. My God he just turns the ball over recklessly.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
yeah i know they werent gonna go that call, im just mad lol especially cause i know that was spurs chance, always thought if it came to game 7 its miamis to win

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Looking forward to Game 7 on Thursday night. I really have no idea what to expect. I would predict that if Miami wins, LeBron has to take over like he did tonight in the middle of the 4th quarter. If San Antonio is going to win they have to basically have an outside jump shooting game to compliment their post game on offense. Green cooled off in Game 6.

Top Bottom