• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Would MJ react like that to missing a 3? Would Kobe? Would KD? Would Barkley? Would smiling Magic? Yeah, I'd take that level of personality and seriousness over "Aww man, I missed a game winning 3 in a playoff game that could have basically ended the series! Curse my 3 point shooting skills!"

Wade was literally smiling that entire game. It was rather annoying to watch. It literally spoke to me as "It's okay. If we lose here, we'll get em in Game 5."

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Would MJ react like that to missing a 3? Would Kobe? Would KD? Would Barkley? Would smiling Magic? Yeah, I'd take that level of personality and seriousness over "Aww man, I missed a game winning 3 in a playoff game that could have basically ended the series! Curse my 3 point shooting skills!"
Who gives a **** about any of those above mentioned guys? Wade is Wade... He's not trying to live in anyone's shadow. And LOL at Barkley being thrown in there. Dude is definitely a class act.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's not about living in anyone's shadow. It's all about comparing a person's competitive nature and how they approach the game. I guarantee you would never see Barkley smiling after losing a game. It's not about being a champion or not. There's even a infamous clip of him on youtube where after a foul, he's just yelling "**** **** ****" to himself.

That's what I want. Not this self-righteous cocky attitude that can screw you over later.

D

Deleted member

lol Would smiling magic
theboredone's got a point--that dude smiled his way through HIV

OK hang on barkley in his player days was certainly NOT a class act. people wanted his *** banned from TV.

i have to admit i did feel a bit of a smile creep in there. the fanboy in me is trying to justify it. it didnt sit too well with me...i havent really been too pleased with how theyve looked on tv this year. it feels...arrogant.

can we talk about the least douchey player in the NBA? how good has KD been lately?? ive been on his nuts all year, and he's still impressing me. and hes only 23. wtf.

if my team has no one on it, i want lebron. but if my team has solid role players (including a competent point guard. lets say, sessions and better) and what not, i might be inclined to take durant.

probably just a kneejerk reaction, but thats how i feel at this very moment

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not taking about being a class act. It's just how you present your competitiveness. You can say that MJ, Kobe, and Barkley are all punks. It's just how you present it. Those three would be punks more or less when they were trying to win. "You're not gonna talk to me like that" sort of deal. Wade just smiles and acts like he's king of the world.

KD was ballin today. The real difference honestly has been SA's role players disappearing. Surprising though? Happened last year too.

I just wish KD would take over when his team needs him. I mean...what was it...5 shots in the first half? That's stupid.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That would even be more reason to stop smiling -_-. If you can't even ball consistently, you got no right.

It's funny how we get on LeBron for acting like a child whether it's pregame, in game, or post game...but when it's Wade...it's all good.

I dunno, when I'm playing on the court, any person smiling at me while playing is gonna get their ankles broken, shots blocked, and completely shut down by me.

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
Other than the Spurs' shooters getting neutralized by defense/going cold, the way the Thunder have been playing team ball the last few games has definitely been the game-changer. What's great is that it's WB and Durant facilitating.

KD can/has been taking over when his team needs it the last two games. He basically won game 4 in the 4th qtr, and he fended off the Spurs rally in the 3rd tonight.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just think the lead would be bigger or games would be easier to win if he took over when his team was struggling. Mainly to start the game, and in the third when they began to rally.

Nike.

Smash Hero
$48 each ticket, 3 tickets.
Very last row at the top, which is actually good since you can stand and put stuff behind your seat and not annoy ppl behind you.

That Harden 3 might be the biggest dagger I've felt. Actually, .4 was worse.

EDIT: If any of you want to watch a meltdown for the lulz, spurs forum: http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Nike.

Smash Hero
Ouch, that does suck lol.

Before tonight, Lakers beating the Spurs by 20 points was the last home game the Spurs lost til tonight.

That game and game5 tonight are the only 2 games I attended this season.

It's official, I'm cursed.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I bet $40 to win the $78, so $118 total.
Gonna put that $118 to OKC winning game 6 and turn it into borderline $200.

I can't lose lol.

If the Spurs somehow win game 6, I basically only lose $40. I can live with that.
There's always free money in sports, just always bet against your team lol

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
forgot to mention, during the beginning of the 4th quarter i guessed to myself the final score would be 108-102

but since i didnt post about it no one will believe how close i was :(

D

Deleted member

i enjoyed this sig i found on spurstalk

If I'm going to fight you, I'd rather just beat you," he said. "If I can't beat you, I'll be a man and say I can't beat you. I'm not going to cry about it. . . . I'm the first guy to say that somebody is better than me. I was the first guy to say Hakeem Olajuwon beat me in the [1995] NBA finals. He killed me. He dominated me. I didn't go, 'Oh, he's traveling. They had experience. Wah-wah-wah.' I'm a man. Hakeem Olajuwon dusted my butt. These guys now are crying, 'Three seconds!' It's just funny to me.
just another reason to love Shaq

I just think the lead would be bigger or games would be easier to win if he took over when his team was struggling. Mainly to start the game, and in the third when they began to rally.
i could not agree more. i wonder: do their offensive struggles come from WB playing hero ball, or does he start to play hero ball when theyve begun to slow offensively?

man it would be so cool to see harden playing the 1 and WB playing 2. like, officially, for a whole game with offensive sets drawn up primarily in that manner.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
I gotta admit
i am surprised at this
the thunder have really made a concerted effort to move the ball more and outside of a few isolated incidents by westbrook they have had good basketball
each game it was someone else stepping up
first it was selfolosa in game 3
then ibaka and perkins along with a last 4th qtr rally by durant
then yesterday it was cook and durant

the spurs have too have more options show up the big three have to all get going early and their shooters have to be hot to have a chance in okc.

as for tonight i want boston to win and hopefully the refs wont interfere with it again like they did in game 2.

it shouldnt be 10 vs 5 on that floor the better team should move on and that should be boston who has outplayed them for the better part of 3 games.

i dont hate the heat but everyone the whole year has been talking about the heat going to the finals and i think it would be hilarious and just if boston moved on which is very much a possibility.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
if my team has no one on it, i want lebron. but if my team has solid role players (including a competent point guard. lets say, sessions and better) and what not, i might be inclined to take durant.

probably just a kneejerk reaction, but thats how i feel at this very moment
shooting always blends in more easily than usage

when in doubt, shooting >>>>>>>>>

kevin love, not lebron, is the most valuable commodity in the nba

right now the heat and spurs are getting

EXPOSED

holy **** the spurs are so bad. gregg popovich so bad. spurs need to win this series. what the ****.

yeah yeah the thunder are playing great, but this is the playoffs. no **** there would be periods of intense defensive pressure. but the spurs simply aren't executing. shook ones pt ii yo

spurs in 7 tho

mang kevin arnovitz is killing it

Linguini

Smash Master
Enough with the ref johns, it's a part of the game and every team has to deal with it. Boston got bad calls in MIA and we got ****ed in boston.

That's just how the NBA works, you have to learn to accept it.

Anyways, heat coming back with that W tonight. 3 pt shooters are going to be hitting their shots; predicting a hot miller and battier sometime in the 2nd-3rd. We have to take control of the game defensively like we did in the late rally in game 4.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
miami didnt get screwed in boston
makup calls sure but 5 lebron flopped and battier and it was only due diligence and karma that pietrus was able to flop lebron onto the bench

even rondo against better measures directly called out the heat strategy in half time because of how ridiculous it was

anywho if EX rondo shows up and pierce stays outta foul trouble they will have a better job of closing

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The key will be Ray Allen imo. He's had a resurgence of late, and he has to keep it going. I'm surprised Brandon Bass has yet to make an impact. He should be able to rise over his man and make his typical 15 footer. He's gone cold.

Also, Miami's 3 point shooting. It's been on and off. Back for some home cooking means it'll be on.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
that aaron rodgers tweet about vlade was awesome

i actually read wades face as more of a wince/grimace in disbelief that he missed the wide open shot. i pretty much made the same face. youre probably right though cuz i hear theyre hollywood as hell

spurs flopping was on point today. that WB shoulder flop was amazing positioning by tp -_-

i feel so bad for Perkins sometimes. he literally does nothing and gets called for some ridiculous fouls
**** that douchebag aaron rodgers, all he does is be a douchebag and make the GB Packers the most overrated team in the NFL, plus disgracing the position of which legend had the spot before that douchebag.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Interesting article I just read on ESPN pertaining to the amount of hate LBJ gets... What do you guys think?

This whole We Hate LeBron thing reminds me of a story.

A woman is in front of an apartment house that's engulfed in flames. She's screaming, "Help! Help! My baby's in there!"

A man sprints up and says, "Which floor?"

"Tenth!" she screams. "In the back!"

He rips off his coat and goes running in. Five minutes later, he's back, coughing, choking, and handing the woman the baby.

She looks at the man with a frown and sniffs, "He had a hat."

That's life for LeBron James.

Anything short of an NBA title makes James a useless wad of pre-chewed pork gristle in your eyes. Whatever he does -- three MVPs in nine seasons -- it's never enough.

You hate him -- still! -- for the way he botched the announcement of his free-agent move from Cleveland to Miami.

Forget that hundreds of people move from Cleveland to Miami every year.

Forget that dozens of NBA players change teams every year.

It was only one mistake. Has he showed up in any police reports since? Has he cheated on his fiancée ? Has he left his children stranded in the pick-up circle at school?

Has he refused to speak to reporters after a single game this season? Has he called out his teammates for their poor play, as Kobe Bryant did twice this postseason? Has he gotten his coach fired? Been fined for criticizing refs? Asked to be traded, released or named general manager?

Has he punched anybody? Choked anybody? Screamed at any parking valets? (Mom doesn't count.)

Smashed a chair? Drop-kicked any equipment? Tiger Woods does that on the front nine.

OK, he's not perfect. Threw a Gatorade cup. Punched a walking stick. Carries that stupid little man purse. But if you were to fill a plane with the most spoiled superstars in the country, he'd be boarding in the D group.

You despise him because he passes too much. Imagine that. You hate a modern NBA player for not being selfish.

OK, I'd like to see him use his bag of hoop tricks to drive more at the end of games, too. But it's not like he hasn't done it, dozens and dozens of times, including huge fourth quarters against Boston and Chicago in last season's playoffs.

You people seem to want him to take it every single time, even with Dwyane Wade as a teammate. And Chris Bosh. But it's The Big Three, isn't it? Not The Big One.

And just so you know: In playoff games, LeBron has taken 13 final shots in tight games in regulation and hit five of them to win or tie. Kobe has taken twice that and hit only seven. Can we all just take a Xanax?

Besides, he passes so exquisitely. His passes are clairvoyant, leading teammates to places they didn't even know they were supposed to go. They're as soft and buttery as croissants. Why wouldn't you want him passing?

And why is the hoops world so hyper-critical of this one thing when he's so brilliant at every other part of the game? Defense? He's guarded every position on the Celtics -- the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. "He's guarded everybody but me," says Celtics coach Doc Rivers.

Only Rajon Rondo is even close in all-around brilliance this postseason. James is second in points, fourth in steals, 10th in assists, second in minutes. He leads his team in double-doubles and the league in double standards. Wade missed an open jumper to lose Game 4 in overtime -- how come he's not "scared?"

Last year, you hated him for being a shrinker. Now you hate him for not being a closer. Every game, he must CLOSE. Was Magic Johnson a closer? A few times, yes. Every freaking time? No. And by the way, most of the time James doesn't need to close because he's been so drop-your-popcorn good the entire game.

Aren't we still playing the game of basketball? What happened to attacking the defense where it's softest? What's wrong with looking for the open shot? Aren't his 12 teammates getting paid, too?

People -- enough. This whole "Crown or Drown" thinking on James has to stop. Grown men are actually strapping microphones to their ties and saying that if James doesn't win the title, the Heat ought to be broken up. For what? For making the Finals last year? For making (at least) the Eastern finals this year? James has been with these guys only two seasons. It took Michelangelo four years to paint the Sistine Chapel. You people would've fired him in two?

But I think the reason you hate LeBron James the most is that he just doesn't seem to suffer his failures as much as you'd like him to. You want him to brood like Kobe at losses, glare like Jordan when things don't go his way, scream at teammates like Tom Brady when they're behind.

That's not James. His spirit is too light. He's too much fun. He's a 6-foot-8 pixie, a 27-year-old kid who's addicted to kidding. He's a genuinely sweet person. You think of the great athletes of our generation -- Jordan, Woods, Lance Armstrong. They all had a bit of the jerk gene in them. James is missing it. He is loved by his teammates, not feared. So sue.

That's probably going to work against him in the long run. It will keep him from being Jordan or Kobe or Kareem. It will keep him from being enough.

But isn't that somebody you want your kids to have as their hero?

Hat or no hat?

D

Deleted member

shooting always blends in more easily than usage
when in doubt, shooting >>>>>>>>>
kevin love, not lebron, is the most valuable commodity in the nba
i'd definitely rather have shooters that can get to the basket/line on a competent team than lebron type scorers. Durant has a sweet *** stroke. i wanna make a pillow out of that guys hands.

how soon before the bird comparisons come out? i think itd be a bad comparison because bird was a sick passer too, but its gonna happen.

if lebron plays like he did this year for the rest of his career though...i think even love would have to take 2nd chair. love last year was pretty uber, but i get the feeling love losing weight hurt his game a little. its great for the team and his career because he can be on the court for 4 more minutes a game, but he's definitely lost some of his edge in the always undervalued rebounding department. hard to say though. some of that might be Derrick Williams or something though i seriously doubt it. it makes much more sense to me that he had more weight to throw around. i think we'll see more of this year's play for the rest of his career, which is still future first ballot HoF if he keeps it up.

what scares me about the thunder is WB isn't even playing on all cylinders. last series it was the WB/KD show, and this one is Harden/KD. THABO for series MVP? what are they going to look like when WB has a good game??

i'm glad theyre finally letting ibaka shoot the midrange. he was pretty solid in the regular season. best kept secret in the NBA?

here's a nice chart of each remaining players performances by game, shown in Points over Par. points over par is a nice metric that tells you how many points a player is worth over the average player. superstars tend to run greater than +5 over the course of a season. playoffs MVP thus far: a very consistently good Rondo, followed closely by the more volatile LeBron.

before you say stats suck, note that the metric is fairly consistent with our perception (especially in the case of OKC)

i liked that ESPN article. i wonder sometimes if he cares more about winning than people think. he did look pretty dejected at the end of game 4. or was he just being hollywood? (i love joakim)

**** that douchebag aaron rodgers, all he does is be a douchebag and make the GB Packers the most overrated team in the NFL, plus disgracing the position of which legend had the spot before that douchebag.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Interesting article I just read on ESPN pertaining to the amount of hate LBJ gets... What do you guys think?

This whole We Hate LeBron thing reminds me of a story.

A woman is in front of an apartment house that's engulfed in flames. She's screaming, "Help! Help! My baby's in there!"

A man sprints up and says, "Which floor?"

"Tenth!" she screams. "In the back!"

He rips off his coat and goes running in. Five minutes later, he's back, coughing, choking, and handing the woman the baby.

She looks at the man with a frown and sniffs, "He had a hat."

That's life for LeBron James.

Anything short of an NBA title makes James a useless wad of pre-chewed pork gristle in your eyes. Whatever he does -- three MVPs in nine seasons -- it's never enough.

You hate him -- still! -- for the way he botched the announcement of his free-agent move from Cleveland to Miami.

Forget that hundreds of people move from Cleveland to Miami every year.

Forget that dozens of NBA players change teams every year.

It was only one mistake. Has he showed up in any police reports since? Has he cheated on his fiancée ? Has he left his children stranded in the pick-up circle at school?

Has he refused to speak to reporters after a single game this season? Has he called out his teammates for their poor play, as Kobe Bryant did twice this postseason? Has he gotten his coach fired? Been fined for criticizing refs? Asked to be traded, released or named general manager?

Has he punched anybody? Choked anybody? Screamed at any parking valets? (Mom doesn't count.)

Smashed a chair? Drop-kicked any equipment? Tiger Woods does that on the front nine.

OK, he's not perfect. Threw a Gatorade cup. Punched a walking stick. Carries that stupid little man purse. But if you were to fill a plane with the most spoiled superstars in the country, he'd be boarding in the D group.

You despise him because he passes too much. Imagine that. You hate a modern NBA player for not being selfish.

OK, I'd like to see him use his bag of hoop tricks to drive more at the end of games, too. But it's not like he hasn't done it, dozens and dozens of times, including huge fourth quarters against Boston and Chicago in last season's playoffs.

You people seem to want him to take it every single time, even with Dwyane Wade as a teammate. And Chris Bosh. But it's The Big Three, isn't it? Not The Big One.

And just so you know: In playoff games, LeBron has taken 13 final shots in tight games in regulation and hit five of them to win or tie. Kobe has taken twice that and hit only seven. Can we all just take a Xanax?

Besides, he passes so exquisitely. His passes are clairvoyant, leading teammates to places they didn't even know they were supposed to go. They're as soft and buttery as croissants. Why wouldn't you want him passing?

And why is the hoops world so hyper-critical of this one thing when he's so brilliant at every other part of the game? Defense? He's guarded every position on the Celtics -- the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. "He's guarded everybody but me," says Celtics coach Doc Rivers.

Only Rajon Rondo is even close in all-around brilliance this postseason. James is second in points, fourth in steals, 10th in assists, second in minutes. He leads his team in double-doubles and the league in double standards. Wade missed an open jumper to lose Game 4 in overtime -- how come he's not "scared?"

Last year, you hated him for being a shrinker. Now you hate him for not being a closer. Every game, he must CLOSE. Was Magic Johnson a closer? A few times, yes. Every freaking time? No. And by the way, most of the time James doesn't need to close because he's been so drop-your-popcorn good the entire game.

Aren't we still playing the game of basketball? What happened to attacking the defense where it's softest? What's wrong with looking for the open shot? Aren't his 12 teammates getting paid, too?

People -- enough. This whole "Crown or Drown" thinking on James has to stop. Grown men are actually strapping microphones to their ties and saying that if James doesn't win the title, the Heat ought to be broken up. For what? For making the Finals last year? For making (at least) the Eastern finals this year? James has been with these guys only two seasons. It took Michelangelo four years to paint the Sistine Chapel. You people would've fired him in two?

But I think the reason you hate LeBron James the most is that he just doesn't seem to suffer his failures as much as you'd like him to. You want him to brood like Kobe at losses, glare like Jordan when things don't go his way, scream at teammates like Tom Brady when they're behind.

That's not James. His spirit is too light. He's too much fun. He's a 6-foot-8 pixie, a 27-year-old kid who's addicted to kidding. He's a genuinely sweet person. You think of the great athletes of our generation -- Jordan, Woods, Lance Armstrong. They all had a bit of the jerk gene in them. James is missing it. He is loved by his teammates, not feared. So sue.

That's probably going to work against him in the long run. It will keep him from being Jordan or Kobe or Kareem. It will keep him from being enough.

But isn't that somebody you want your kids to have as their hero?

Hat or no hat?
No one really has been hating on LBJ much this series. Actually, I think I've been hating more on Wade for his inconsistency these playoffs than LBJ. If the Miami Heat lose, the biggest chunk of the blame game should go to Wade, then role players, and then LBJ/Coach.

With that being said, the first half of that article is just plain ******** to read. He literally stole that fire rescuing joke from some other site. We all know he's not a bad guy legal wise, but he makes himself come off as too pompous and stupid at times. I have three clearcut examples just from this season.

1. For his birthday, he got himself a "King James" Bicycle that was decked out. I don't know how many people put their nick name on their own belongings, let alone their modes of transportation. Might as well put that on his cars.

2. His mouthguard has the roman numeral of whatever games left they need to win. Is that really necessary? Just stop it. Just play your game. It's these things that remind people he's just a guy looking for attention.

3. LeBron reached out to Tebow during the height of his fame, he either spent the night at his house, or Tebow did at LeBron's. Either way, they were seen throwing the football to each other like kids. Media ***** much? And why would you wanna friend Tebow? In fact, what the hell was Wade doing at the same game as Tebow? Coincidentally close enough to him?

Every year, outside the game...he just does things that makes me smh. Last year, he had some incidents, but the most memorable one was the stupid Karma tweet. Coming off the decision, his publicity was at an all time negative light. Then he had to go stink up the joint in the Finals after playing amazing in the playoffs.

Aside from some dumb moments by him in the playoffs, he's been fairly consistent and I haven't really complained about him. Anyone else who does is a hater.

D

Deleted member

1. lolShaq and we love him for that brand of confidence
2. thats nothing compared to freaking jason terry getting tatooed about it BEFORE the season even started. we applauded that kind of drive and focus.

i see these as the double standards the author was writing about

3. i dont have THAT big a problem with this. its cheesy, sure, but they both always seem like kids havin a good time when they play. i think 'growing up' is totally overrated, especially if youre an athlete being paid ludicrous sums of money to play ball. im old as ****, and i still enjoy throwin a ball around. at least lebron was a football prospect at some point.

i hope lebron is financially mature though. i would hate to hear about him going through an AI situation down the road.

lebron is that lovable dork that does everything right, was loved for it for a long time, messed up once, and now is trying earn back the love by going back to doing everything right...only he's messing up by telling everyone how worthy of love he is. Show, not Tell, bron. thats some kindergarten ****.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Aside from some dumb moments by him in the playoffs, he's been fairly consistent and I haven't really complained about him. Anyone else who does is a hater.
LOL trust me... When compared to the idiots I deal with daily on RealGM you'd definitely be considered one of the more tame LBJ critics.

Jane

Smash Hero
^and even then, bored's three examples were all under the "lol, who gives a ****" category for me. He got himself a bike that says king james on it for his birthday? Are you really gonna criticize him for that? Lmao

theeboredone

Smash Legend
1. lolShaq and we love him for that brand of confidence
Isn't that his criticism too? That he took things too lightly? He came to training camp constantly overweight. One of the big reasons why the Kobe-Shaq feud escalated. The guy didn't care as much compared to Kobe. And I've always said Shaq could easily have been one of the best, if not the best if he had the drive of someone like Kobe or Jordan.

2. thats nothing compared to freaking jason terry getting tatooed about it BEFORE the season even started. we applauded that kind of drive and focus.
I thought that was stupid of him too. I don't think guys like Jon Berry and Skip Bayless were applauding him. It was just LeBron haters or Mavs fanatics.

3. i dont have THAT big a problem with this. its cheesy, sure, but they both always seem like kids havin a good time when they play. i think 'growing up' is totally overrated, especially if youre an athlete being paid ludicrous sums of money to play ball. im old as ****, and i still enjoy throwin a ball around. at least lebron was a football prospect at some point.
It's not about growing up as much as..."Oh hey look, Tebow is famous. Maybe if I become tight with him, people will love me, because I'm friends with a good Christian!" That's what rubbed off when LBJ was hanging around Tebow. He hasn't hung out with him since.

i hope lebron is financially mature though. i would hate to hear about him going through an AI situation down the road.
I think he'll be fine. Then again...I've seen a few of his bills and how much he spends per week. A bit nauseating.

lebron is that lovable dork that does everything right, was loved for it for a long time, messed up once, and now is trying earn back the love by going back to doing everything right...only he's messing up by telling everyone how worthy of love he is. Show, not Tell, bron. thats some kindergarten ****.
For the record, I never loved his dancing and picture taking when he was in Cleveland. Especially when he was doing it in playoff series. Now he's just trying too hard post-decision to get the love back. Here's another detail I remember from last season...

In their opening summer practice, where the entire media and world were invited, he was seen constantly yelling at his teammates, being all super serious, and blah blah blah. That **** disappeared so quickly, I can't help but laugh at how fake he was in front of the cameras.

I think LBJ needs to be himself, but at the same time...I don't think when he has a roman numeral mouth guard, or a "King James" bike, or deciding to spend time with Tebow at the height of his popularity is him being himself. It's him trying too hard. When you come off as trying too hard, people hate you for that. Honestly, he has a image issue he takes seriously, and to be honest...that's where I wish he just had his "I don't give a ****" mentality like Kobe and the others.

I would gladly have the old LeBron back. When he was just dancing around, picture taking and wha tnot. But when the playoffs roll around, get serious and tell Wade to stop being a ***** and smiling at everyone. This is a 2-2 series, I don't need that from you.

^and even then, bored's three examples were all under the "lol, who gives a ****" category for me. He got himself a bike that says king james on it for his birthday? Are you really gonna criticize him for that? Lmao
It just proves my point on why people dislike him. The guy tries too hard. It's a mixture of bad cockiness and trying to appeal to everyone. Funny how people forget the guy labeled himself "Chosen One" on his back with permanent ink before he had even done anything. He labeled himself "King James." King of what? Tell me what exactly?

YOU can consider it LULZY all you want, but when analysts say the things I say, then all it does is supplement the haters, non-believers, or those who are willing to give LBJ a second chance only to be unconvinced again. It's why he's the most hated athlete in the world, because he can't do anything right to repair his image. He always has these boneheaded moments.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
Isn't that his criticism too? That he took things too lightly? He came to training camp constantly overweight. One of the big reasons why the Kobe-Shaq feud escalated. The guy didn't care as much compared to Kobe. And I've always said Shaq could easily have been one of the best, if not the best if he had the drive of someone like Kobe or Jordan.

I thought that was stupid of him too. I don't think guys like Jon Berry and Skip Bayless were applauding him. It was just LeBron haters or Mavs fanatics.

It's not about growing up as much as..."Oh hey look, Tebow is famous. Maybe if I become tight with him, people will love me, because I'm friends with a good Christian!" That's what rubbed off when LBJ was hanging around Tebow. He hasn't hung out with him since.

I think he'll be fine. Then again...I've seen a few of his bills and how much he spends per week. A bit nauseating.

For the record, I never loved his dancing and picture taking when he was in Cleveland. Especially when he was doing it in playoff series. Now he's just trying too hard post-decision to get the love back. Here's another detail I remember from last season...

In their opening summer practice, where the entire media and world were invited, he was seen constantly yelling at his teammates, being all super serious, and blah blah blah. That **** disappeared so quickly, I can't help but laugh at how fake he was in front of the cameras.

I think LBJ needs to be himself, but at the same time...I don't think when he has a roman numeral mouth guard, or a "King James" bike, or deciding to spend time with Tebow at the height of his popularity is him being himself. It's him trying too hard. When you come off as trying too hard, people hate you for that. Honestly, he has a image issue he takes seriously, and to be honest...that's where I wish he just had his "I don't give a ****" mentality like Kobe and the others.

I would gladly have the old LeBron back. When he was just dancing around, picture taking and wha tnot. But when the playoffs roll around, get serious and tell Wade to stop being a ***** and smiling at everyone. This is a 2-2 series, I don't need that from you.
GO CELTICS!!!! That guy is a complete douchebag for what he did to the city of Cleveland and I can relate to Cleveland because I went through the same thing of someone or people turning their back on me. even though he has apologized for what he did which I do forgive him for (not being a Cavs fan myself but being close to them I rooted for them) I don't see him changing his somewhat selfish ways, He wants a ring, he sold out to "try" to get it and he will never be as great as someone like Kobe or MJ.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Did people get the sensation that Ginoboli and Parker were more focused on flopping and selling a call rather than trying to even get a remotely good shot when they were guarded?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
He wants a ring, he sold out to "try" to get it and he will never be as great as someone like Kobe or MJ.
I'm sorry but what evidence have you accumulated to reach that conclusion? MJ is definitely a stretch, but why couldn't he surpass Kobe some day? The dude is only 27 and could very well end up still being a force and competing for championships into his mid 30's.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but what evidence have you accumulated to reach that conclusion? MJ is definitely a stretch, but why couldn't he surpass Kobe some day? The dude is only 27 and could very well end up still being a force and competing for championships into his mid 30's.
my retort to that is, how many rings does he have right now? because his championships will be trash and bashed for years down the road because of what he did, now if he won a championship in Cleveland no one would care that he left because he made a promise (which he in fact broke) that he would win Cleveland a title. But the fact remains this Kobe has done so much with nobodies players (not to bash players like Pau Gasol who was really a nobody in Memphis) and won back to back titles in 2009-10 even after Shaq left. so saying I have no evidence to reach a opinion a sign of ignorance which is no offense to you brother but this, He's not a closer and never will be like MJ and Kobe, untill he can truely close out, he will never win that title unless someone else closes out for himlike D-Wade or maybe (heaven to god) Bosh.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
it shouldnt matter
lebron will be hated no matter what he does
he trys hard but that sits alright with me

i just recognize him as he is i have for a long time
a big lug whos trying to grow up and has done some stupid *** things

the only thing i ask is that he improves on and off the court,he stops flopping (you are 6-7 over 240 dont play that ****)

and that he and his team get their *** whooped by boston tonight :)

Top Bottom