• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Make up calls...not sure how I feel about those. Bad call when Neal took the charge on Harden, but they essentially gave two on Splitter for it.

D

Deleted member

Good call on missed 3s. I didn't think it'd be that drastic though.

Can we also talk about how great putting thabo on Parker was? Props to brooks?

:phone:

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
fwiw brown rated out well in some mit sloan paper aside thing

i think it was in game 2 that popovich called a timeout and was yelling at parker and kerr/miller were nutting over themselves and they murmured amongst themselves about what other coaches would have the power to do that. damn sure know mike brown wouldn't.

well unless u consider bynum the best player (which i do)

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Ready for Game 3 between Boston and Miami. Overall, I believe Miami takes this series and goes to the Finals, but I would love to see another great game between these two. I wonder if playing at The Garden is going to make a difference or not for at least Game 3. I call that the Heat will take this in 5, 6 max.

With the Thunder vs. the Spurs, it's a toss up. If the Thunder pull an encore in Game 4 than this will once again be a series up for grabs. OKC could win in San Antonio, but that is going to be hard, but all it takes is 1 road win if they can win out at home. I don't have a good prediction for this, but I'm calling Thunder in 7.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lmao, man I hate Chalmers day by day. If there's one guy I don't wanna see have a ring, it's him. That flop he took on KG's "elbow" was the biggest BS ever. Dude should be fined for that ****.

Flopping in general needs to be reviewed after games, fined, and suspended if they keep it up. It's just dumb and ruins the game.

Also, I enjoyed seeing Wade flail at times to not get the calls he was used to in Miami. If only these games were fairly called. It'd be 2-1 in Boston's favor. Lebron himself only got 6 FTs.

D

Deleted member

so i went to the rangers@angels game and missed heat celtics

someone give me a quick rundown on how the game went

like how'd the heat only take 20 free throws? didnt lolbron take 24 by himself last game? did the refs punish them as expected?

has anyone else noticed a huge influx of guys at the park trying to do the rondo pass fake in pickup games?

who of course then proceed to fail miserably, but you know, they try.

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
Speaking of rec/pick-up games, how do you guys normally play?

Like up to what score and how much is each basket? I'm interested in how other regions like to play their games.

Whenever I run at the courts on my campus, it's first to 11 and all baskets are 1 point.

soap

Smash Hero
Depends how many people at the court trying to get on.

Generally to 12 by 1's and 2's, otherwise to 16.

Also, I grew up playing "33", wtith tip in resets and all that, then I went down to cbus and they play "21" down there.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Depends how many people at the court trying to get on.

Generally to 12 by 1's and 2's, otherwise to 16.

Also, I grew up playing "33", wtith tip in resets and all that, then I went down to cbus and they play "21" down there.
Yeah, "21" is common in my area as well, which is Toledo. Everyone tends to play "21" different. When I play with my friends it goes:

[COLLAPSE="21 with friends"]
-2 points for the person who takes the opening free throw and makes it.
1 point for every free throw afterward.
2 points for every basket when there is not a free throw.
Play with tips. If the person is not at 13 or above, that person goes down to 0 when tipped on a free throw, and only a free throw. If that person is at 13 or above, that person goes back to 13 on a tip.
Once a player breaches 21 (or 22, everyone is allowed to go over) that player has to take a half court shot and make it for the win. If that person misses than that person goes back to 13. Game keeps going until someone makes the halfcourt shot.
[/COLLAPSE]

With other people I don't know it is definately different, usually the same rules as the one's with my friends, but instead of winning the game by a half court shot it goes by who gets to 21 first, and exactly on 21. I've also played where if someone is tipped 3 times than that person is eliminated from the game.

When it comes to 5 vs. 5 or 2 vs. 2 we usually go by 1's and 2's up to 15 and the winner must win by 2.

Jane

Smash Hero
around here we play to 21, always. sometimes 1's and 2's, sometimes 2's and 3's. it would suck playing a game and only going to 11/12/16 tho D:

also this isn't like a "staple" of where i live, but usually me and my friends play if you make it you get up to three FT's. the first one you miss is your last attempt, until you make another field goal of course.

D

Deleted member

whoa finish 21 at half court? thats crazy

we go by 1's and 2's and we just go with an nba 3 pointer to finish it. if you miss the game ending 3, you dont go down to 13 unless someone scores before you do. defense at this point gets pretty intense.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
yeah that half court shot thing is crazy

I played "33" a bit when I was in Ohio, but always played "21". Grew up on it.

every shot worth 2 with 3pointers sometimes. Free throws worth 1. Tipped at 12 or below you go back to 0. 13 and higher you go back to 13

3 tips you're out, sometimes we played if you got 1 handed tipped you're out haha

have to get exactly 21/33, no blatant misses from free throw at 19 points (like throwing the ball hard at the rim to get it back, or airballing it.)

after 3 consecutive freethrows made you check it to nearest person.

if you make 3 free throws and you're at 20, you take another of course, miss it and you go back to 13

Man I havent balled in forever, wrist injury sucks :(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I really don't care about playing 21 or 33. My preference lies towards a 5 on 5 full court game. First to 30 by 2's and 3's.

Otherwise, I do 4 on 4, half court, first to 15 with 1's and 2's. I don't play below 4 on 4. It just gets boring for me after that.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
spurs got this

thunder running pretty goot between danny green slumping and all the mid-range Js they've been hitting

too bad spurs are so deep they can replace bonner/green with s-jax/blair

blair averages 3 offensive rebounds a game v OKC in just 20 minutes

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
he's getting super easy looks. that's cash to him.

oh well. i know people are g onna overreact to this and say OKC figured SAS out. no, home court is just really important. spurs win in 6

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Durant needs to play like that the whole game, they need to keep feeding him the ball. No one can guard him lol

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
But constantly giving Durant the ball will stagnate the offense overtime. The team is at its best when Westbrook is the floor general. Durant's playmaking abilities aren't quite there yet and he can't get past defenders as often.

The only time when Durant really needs to have the ball in his hands is when OKC needs to score in the closing minutes... Like what just happened tonight.

Top Bottom