• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic ways to get rid of bad habits.

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
I need to play moar people. And I learned a long time ago the C-stick is great, so good job for spreading the gospel.:bee:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
And we also really need a thread index zone much more.

Can the thread index level have two acts and an eggman boss?

Stryk Raishou

Smash Rookie
Perhaps you could add a section of learning to use tilts or playing other characters to learn to use certain moves more? I found out that playing Kirby made me use U-tilt more.

Also, it should be noted that the spinshot is a lot more easy to time if you use Up on the c-stick instead of jump buttons.

Not sure that these belong is "ways to get rid of bad habits", but I figured them out and they might be useful...

Plus, bump.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol, nice bump.

it almost looks like the Sonic boards again.

And, this was a pretty good and still pretty relevant thread, especially with certain new faces ¦D

<3

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
TBH, I read somewhere that playing Donkey Kong will encourage players to spam tllts instead of smashes.

*Nod.*

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well sure, playing a character who forces you to make use of good habits is a good thing.

Marth teaches you how to space so you can land tippers.

There might be more examples but I can't think of them ATM.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
How about, making your B button your attack button as to get rid of that stupid habit of spamming spincharges and spindashes in an unintelligent manner?
*Goes to down-b on to the stage*

*Dairs instead*

*Goes to up-b*

*oh wait.. I just sacrificed my b-button for normal attacks. now instead of springing up, I'm hopelessly u-airing as I fall down to my death, while I think to myself, "whose fault is this? oh it's SL's".*

*-_-*

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Tough love, but it's true... even if Shadow did forget the part about making the A-button the special... maybe...

Top Bottom