• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bars of Soap rant

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=899]Bars of Soap rant[/drupal]

I ****ing hate the design of the bars of soap. I want to actually use it all, but every time they get so small and puny and slip out of my hands. I also don't like how the most practical application would be to rub it against the skin, in which bacteria can be transferred from person to person if that bar of soap is shared. They need a new design, one that doesn't deteriorate or at least stays the same size, using a paper thin little piece gets frustrating.

Yes I know about body wash but I'm a traditional person who enjoys/wants to enjoy using the delightful bar of soap.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
A handle would be nice indeed. I just found a pretty good invention though.

It's a solution, but the true solution to the problem should be at its roots, which is the design of the soap bar itself.

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
Why are things like this being invented? we already have soap on a rope!

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well, there's pancakes from a tube... Who knows what could happen next? Handebar soap could be the next big thing.

Anyway, I agree. It's annoyingly difficult to get an efficient lather when a bar of soap is too small.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Just don't use soap. I thought the answer would be pretty obvious.

But if you really wanted to use it, I like the handle idea. You would get more control that way too.

Mith_

Smash Champion
:laugh::laugh:

Wait, when did I say anything about dropping liquid soap?

(you're still hilarious Mithx :))
You didn't, but I thought I'd just throw that out there. ;)

Soap on a rope is pretty good though. The bars are usually bigger than usual as well no homo.

Mith_

Smash Champion
If it slips out of your hand it won't fall on the tub, which:

-Prevents the loud noise from the soap hitting the floor.
-Prevents you from having to search for and pick up that slipper soap
-Prevents you from getting *****.

M.K

Level 55
They used to make a bar of soap with a "cloth-like" material surrounding it so that it still cleansed your skin, but you could hold it without it slipping out of your hands. It smelled like watermelons.
Me? I hate using Bars, I never feel like they clean me. I use liquid soap.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
liquid soap doesnt do anything its like taking water and rubbing it on yourself and saying your clean. soap with the micro beads thingies feel awesome. you feel all spotless and clean and sexy....lol

liquid soap is all scent and no action...

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah microbeads are ****ing awesome. I love the rough texture of those grainy dots as I rub it all over my skin.

And a good point was brought up, I hate it when I drop the soap, makes a ****ing loud as **** noise like I hit my head or something.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
They used to make a bar of soap with a "cloth-like" material surrounding it so that it still cleansed your skin, but you could hold it without it slipping out of your hands. It smelled like watermelons.
I remember this. It was for kids I think...

I very much liked it.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
They used to make a bar of soap with a "cloth-like" material surrounding it so that it still cleansed your skin, but you could hold it without it slipping out of your hands.
What did you do when it ran out?

I now declare this thread the general soap discussion thread

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
Here's an idea: Attach the other end of the soaprope to a magnet, then attach another magnet to a stick. Keep this stick within arms reach (in a standing position.)

You no longer need to bend down to retrieve your fallen soap.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
When I was out christmas shopping I saw a 5 dollar bar of soap. It supposedly had a five dollar bill in it so not only did it make you want to wash your hands more often, it was essentially free. There were only three bars left in the bin lmao.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
When I was out christmas shopping I saw a 5 dollar bar of soap. It supposedly had a five dollar bill in it so not only did it make you want to wash your hands more often, it was essentially free. There were only three bars left in the bin lmao.
What? 5 dollars in it?

What's the point of that?

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
"They need a new design, one that doesn't deteriorate or at least stays the same size, using a paper thin little piece gets frustrating."

I don't really think it would be possible to get a bar of soap to stay the same size because the way soap works is by rubbing onto your skin so that it can stick to oils and stuff and then be rinsed away. The only thing I could think of for conserving the size of soap would be to have some sort of strainer near the drain of the tub that could collect the soap as everything else was rinsed away. Then as the soap in your hand rinsed away, you would get a fresh bar of soap near your feet. You would then probably reach some sort of equilibrium of about 1/2 a bar in your hand and 1/2 a bar at your feet.

"I also don't like how the most practical application would be to rub it against the skin, in which bacteria can be transferred from person to person if that bar of soap is shared."
I don't think you have to worry too much about that because soap is anitbacterial - the lye should kill all of the bacteria. If it turned out that germs could be spread through soap though, an idea might be to simply make half the soap one color and half the soap a different color, then you could only put your half on your body (this is assuming that two people are sharing the soap.

I do like the handle idea though. I'm going to try making one of my own using bamboo skewers.

Also I was thinking that a better shape for soap might be a a sphere. THis way it wouldn't get paper thin. You would just get a very small ball. The downside to this would be that less of the surface area of the soap would be touching you, making it more difficult to apply to the whole body. now that I've given it a little more thought I do prefer the traditional soap shape.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
A sphere would be a good idea, but the soap holder I have in my shower is a flat surface. It might hold if it was wet though, but I'm not sure. If you make the bottom of the sphere flat, I'm sure someone in my household will deteriorate that side to make the whole thing round just to be a ****.

alex3

Smash Apprentice
To teach kids to get in the habit of [using soap to] washing their hands.

If they use the soap they get 5 bucks to "reward them"
i wouldnt think of receiving a soggy 5 dollar bill as a reward

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
This topic made my day. XD

What about those round puffy thingys that you can hang and can put soap on and you wash yourself with it?

EDIT: NOT the lofas or however you spell it.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Here's an idea: Attach the other end of the soaprope to a magnet, then attach another magnet to a stick. Keep this stick within arms reach (in a standing position.)

You no longer need to bend down to retrieve your fallen soap.
Don't drop the stick

Top Bottom