• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

StormC

Smash Hero
Between online and offline play, I have 3 and a half hours logged with the bear and bird. They are in my top 5, behind K. Rool, Ridley, and Cloud. Been meaning to play more but I've been traveling for work.

I have uh, a little less than 86 hours as K. Rool.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Somebody has recreated the iconic poses of Banjo & Kazooie, Gruntilda, and Mumbo. Grunty and Mumbo belong on that roster no doubt. Here's hoping that a remastered Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie can use these renders. Don't they all look fantastic?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Honestly I figured K. Rool would of been used for the Grunty spirit battle considering he was a stand in for her at the end of Banjo's trailer.

That and they're both green, fat and ugly villains designed by Steve Mayles, so it would of fit.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Hey, has anybody noticed that Banjo and Kazooie's third jump is a reference to one of their renders?
300-3009917_flight-banjo-kazooie-kazooie.jpg

JonSmash

Smash Ace
PSIGuy PSIGuy Ummm Ultimate don't have custom moves tho so its not a port of 4 it also plays nothing like 4 ? I don't think thats what he ment ? (i could be wrong tho)

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
PSIGuy PSIGuy Ummm Ultimate don't have custom moves tho so its not a port of 4 it also plays nothing like 4 ? I don't think thats what he ment ? (i could be wrong tho)
Ultimate is literally built off of 4; it's the only reason they were able to bring back all the content and any "Smash Ultimate Deluxe" rerelease would do the exact same thing. This isn't new information and it really shouldn't need to be explained.
https://gonintendo.com/stories/3442...-more-insight-into-smash-bros-ultimate-s-deve

There's only so many times you can rerelease the same game before you have to move on, especially when so many companies are involved. If Street Fighter II needed to negotiate with dozens of companies every release there probably wouldn't have been a billion versions of it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
This is a pretty damn good roster, HOWEVER, I would replace Tetra with Tingle, remove Jigglypuff and replace with a relevant pokemon and either give Roy Ikes moveset or replace him with Ike.

with only a few new additions I would probably do something with FE by adding a character with a different weapon class. This would be the first roster with a spear user so may as well add the first axe user as well.

The 3rd party line up is really good here not many people would be upset with this.
Yeah, it is my ideal roster, so I was indulging my tastes--good to hear my tastes mostly line-up! As for my tastes and decisions, Gen 1 Pokemon are my favorites, haven't played Fire Emblem myself, and Tetra seems like a good replacement for Toon Link. As for Fire Emblem, my main issue is confusing Marth with Ike, so if Smash could give Roy Ike's moveset without upsetting fans of Fire Emblem, I'd totally be for that. I'm unsure if that's the case, though.

If I was making a roster for everyone else, I'd make different cuts, replacements and additions. And as for third parties, it was my ideal roster--I don't expect that many third party characters returning--so if I was going to be realistic, I would have cut a lot of third party characters and added more new ones. I'm satisfied with third parties, the rest are just my favorites.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ultimate is literally built off of 4; it's the only reason they were able to bring back all the content and any "Smash Ultimate Deluxe" rerelease would do the exact same thing. This isn't new information and it really shouldn't need to be explained.
https://gonintendo.com/stories/3442...-more-insight-into-smash-bros-ultimate-s-deve

There's only so many times you can rerelease the same game before you have to move on, especially when so many companies are involved. If Street Fighter II needed to negotiate with dozens of companies every release there probably wouldn't have been a billion versions of it.
All the more reason we shouldn't dwell on the future when it's so uncertain. We must focus on the "now" of things.

Truth be told, I do feel sorry for Tails fans though, it'll take over a decade before the Melee April Fools fully comes true.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So surreal to see K. Rool (4th), Diddy (3rd) and Banjo's faces in Smash's statistics page. Look at all that Rare stuff!
It's too bad Dixie Kong isn't in because she should be in. Not seeing Dixie in the treehouse with DK, Diddy, and K. Rool in the Banjo & Kazooie trailer gave me a very empty feeling inside as she deserves to be there.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
It's too bad Dixie Kong isn't in because she should be in. Not seeing Dixie in the treehouse with DK, Diddy, and K. Rool in the Banjo & Kazooie trailer gave me a very empty feeling inside as she deserves to be there.
Never say never. If they ever drop echoes, she should be at the top of the list

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The fact she wasn't added in 4 is completely baffling, ESPECIALLY with a new game at the time. In fact, it feels like the situation with Robin and Awakening.

And she was considered from Brawl, ironically at the time when she was MIA.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
The fact she wasn't added in 4 is completely baffling, ESPECIALLY with a new game at the time. In fact, it feels like the situation with Robin and Awakening.

Yeah its a bummer; shed be a perfect echo. Give her Diddy's old rapid jab, bubblegum bullets for her gun, and a yoshi jump. boom

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, as much as I'm uneasy of the idea, I think she'd show up with Kiddy Kong as a tag-team, seeing as Sak's using old ideas he never got to use (for Brawl, she originally was going to be in a team with Diddy Kong). Plus her upgraded spirit is specifically of their render from DKC3.

In the meantime, at least the Mii hat shows that she's kept in mind. We just gotta wait and see just how much of her support on the ballot will influence things.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
So I've just bought a Switch Pro Controller and it's the greatest thing ever. I could go on and on about its quality. It's pricey as hell, but you get what you pay for.

I also hooked it up to my Mac so I can rip 64 Emulators with a controller. Just started a new Banjo file aha

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I will only take Dixie Kong as a unique fighter or a semi-clone because she is way too unique and important to be a Echo Fighter. Making Dixie Kong a Echo would be the worst decision Sakurai has made since making Ganondorf a clone/semi-clone of Captain Falcon.

She was also one of the Forbidden 7 in Brawl's data.

Honestly, as much as I'm uneasy of the idea, I think she'd show up with Kiddy Kong as a tag-team, seeing as Sak's using old ideas he never got to use (for Brawl, she originally was going to be in a team with Diddy Kong). Plus her upgraded spirit is specifically of their render from DKC3.

In the meantime, at least the Mii hat shows that she's kept in mind. We just gotta wait and see just how much of her support on the ballot will influence things.
I wouldn't be too happy with that outcome, but I would take it over Dixie as a Echo Fighter anyday of the week.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Tweek is doing some incredible stuff with Banjo. Makes me feel ashamed.
(also shutouts for having used Redial in the video)

StormC

Smash Hero

A parody of the most memed on scene in Evangelion shouldn't get me this emotional, dammit.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I just beat the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy and this summer and before I tackle Donkey Kong 64 I decided to beat Diddy Kong Racing this week, While I played multiplayer at a cousins house growing up I have never beat it myself.

I'm playing as Banjo and I'm on Wizpig (Final Boss) and man is that one cheap bullsh*t boss, I can't believe they actually expect kids to try to beat this, I know you have to use the boost pads to your advantage ,But it seems like no matter how well I time it it only works 30% - 50% of the time they should have least allowed weapons in this race, But I have been at it for like 2 hours and came close a few times ,But always slip up at the end because of the physics sometimes at times.

Sorry just had to vent for a bit.

ze9

Smash Ace
FINALLY figured out how Tweek does that dthrow-utilt combo. Banjo is shaping up to be a pretty complex character.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I just beat the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy and this summer and before I tackle Donkey Kong 64 I decided to beat Diddy Kong Racing this week, While I played multiplayer at a cousins house growing up I have never beat it myself.

I'm playing as Banjo and I'm on Wizpig (Final Boss) and man is that one cheap bullsh*t boss, I can't believe they actually expect kids to try to beat this, I know you have to use the boost pads to your advantage ,But it seems like no matter how well I time it it only works 30% - 50% of the time they should have least allowed weapons in this race, But I have been at it for like 2 hours and came close a few times ,But always slip up at the end because of the physics sometimes at times.

Sorry just had to vent for a bit.
Which race are you on exactly? First or second? Also, Adventure one or two? lol.

It's been a few years but the best advice I can give is to learn where all the boosts are and let go of the gas before hitting each one. Probably nothing you didn't already know lol. Anyway, good luck :)

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Which race are you on exactly? First or second? Also, Adventure one or two? lol.

It's been a few years but the best advice I can give is to learn where all the boosts are and let go of the gas before hitting each one. Probably nothing you didn't already know lol. Anyway, good luck :)
1st one on Adventure 1 and using Banjo, Yeah I'm aware of the boost pad trick where you have to let go of A before you go on the pad and tap A once you hit it, But I only get the green boost about 30-50% of the time so I guess I just have to work on my timing more. Thanks anyways.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm curious if Sabi or Indie Gamer Chick have had any updates on the Rare Replay/N64 classic rumors since the Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox plug. As I said when the rumors first came up, even when rumors come from legitimate sources, plans can change, misunderstandings can occur, and part of me feels like that might be the case. I can understand N64 classic not coming out yet, but if Rare Replay is actually in the works, it seems weird to advertise the games on Xbox when they already plan on releasing it on Switch. It's possible, but given the good will Microsoft's trying to instill, it seems like a weird approach. Best possibility is--it just wasn't ready and they're working hard on it. I feel like, more likely, it's one of those rumors that end up not coming to fruition.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm curious if Sabi or Indie Gamer Chick have had any updates on the Rare Replay/N64 classic rumors since the Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox plug. As I said when the rumors first came up, even when rumors come from legitimate sources, plans can change, misunderstandings can occur, and part of me feels like that might be the case. I can understand N64 classic not coming out yet, but if Rare Replay is actually in the works, it seems weird to advertise the games on Xbox when they already plan on releasing it on Switch. It's possible, but given the good will Microsoft's trying to instill, it seems like a weird approach. Best possibility is--it just wasn't ready and they're working hard on it. I feel like, more likely, it's one of those rumors that end up not coming to fruition.
Meanwhile, Cuphead and Ori came on the console owing to the fact that both are indie properties, and are therefore not needing as much of a watchful eye and grip compared to first-party ownership. The "safer approach", if you will.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Meanwhile, Cuphead and Ori came on the console owing to the fact that both are indie properties, and are therefore not needing as much of a watchful eye and grip compared to first-party ownership. The "safer approach", if you will.
The way Microsoft/Rare have treated Banjo-Kazooie, it might as well be an indie property. :rotfl:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
No Donkey Kong Country on SNES Online, just saying

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
A good recap of the history of getting Banjo & Kazooie into Smash, largely referencing Sakurai's Famitsu column.

While good, a couple of nitpicks. First, Rare was a second party developer for Nintendo at the time, similar to Game Freak, not a third party developer. Second, the only reference I can find for "one of the biggest challenges" were getting Banjo & Kazooie into Smash, comes from a Nintendo Everything translation, which isn't the most trustworthy source. PushDustin translated it as difficult for them to join Smash, despite being a natural choice, because of the change of ownership. Outside of that, a great recap and lovely drawings.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the sans mii costume coming out the same time as banjo-kazooie makes sense as it was the fans determination to get them in smash for 20 years that got them in it. & if you know anything about undertale determination is a powerful thing.

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I don't remember if I had posted on here before to support Banjo-Kazooie- I have terrible memory- But... Good lord, they're fun. Easily my favorite DLC character so far. I'm trying to co-main them with Dedede, since they feel similar to me, and it's a blast.

also the banjotaro and star kazooie alt is best alt

Anthess

Smash Rookie
Ok I've played too long with Banjo & Kazooie since their release. Love the stage.
Love the songs too, but I wanted more. And when I don't get a thing, I make it.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
BANJO TODAY !
TOOTY !
POOR SOULS !
TERRY LEAK REAL !
MORE DLC FIGHTERS !
NO RARE BANJO MII COSTUMES :(
SANS & MEGALOVANIA SONG !!?!?!?

NANI !?!?!

looks like sakurai kept banjo's moveset simple

there more I could say but my head is spininng
So is “poor souls” in reference to something? That was what I was thinking, but I can’t remember.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Has anyone mentioned how not only are the Extra Life statues accurately placed on the Spiral Mountain stage, but also the Extra Honeycomb pieces?! The level of detail and fan service placed in the Banjo-Kazooie content for Smash is astonishing.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone mentioned how not only are the Extra Life statues accurately placed on the Spiral Mountain stage, but also the Extra Honeycomb pieces?! The level of detail and fan service placed in the Banjo-Kazooie content for Smash is astonishing.
Not to mention Banjo strikes the same pose as the Extra Life Statue when he perfect shields.

Top Bottom