• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So no news about what Spirits come along with him. I guess they are going to keep that as a surprise? Or they just didn't give him a spirit board.

Also the alt colors for Banjo look REALLY good.

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Spirit Board:

Buzzbomb
Tooty
Bottles
Mumbo Jumbo
Jiggy
Jinjos - Upgrade into Mighty Jinjonator
Gruntilda

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
There's a surf-rock remix of Grunty's Lair as part of the Gobi's Valley remix!
I want to post about little nuance I see but I'll keep it here for now lol

Last edited:

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
*done downloading*
*start game*
*:ultbanjokazooie: show up*
*game corrupted*
My switch can't handle the hype! :(

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
Of course they drop on the day a hurricane is sitting over my area. Hoping I can get the update before the power goes out!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Well the Spirits are pretty expected. No secret rare cameos here. All new renders?

EDqRD9SUUAEq32z.jpg

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So no joke, I start up my game, download the duo, go into regular Smash, set CPU to Random, and who's my first opponent? Freaking King K. Rool! That's nuts!

Folt

Smash Ace
CLASSIC MODE TIME!

Perfect Partners

1. Duck Hunt Duo (Stage: Spiral Mountain, Music: Banjo-Kazooie Main Theme)
  2. Rosalina & Luma (Stage: Tortimer Island, Music: Treasure-Trove Cove)
  3. Ice Climbers (Stage: The Summit, Music: Freezezy Peak)
  4. Link & Zelda (Stage: Mushroomy Kingdom, Music: Gobi's Valley)
  5. Fox & Falco (Stage: Luigi's Mansion, Music: Mad Monster Mansion)
  6. Penultimate Battle: Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong (Stage: Jungle Japes, Music: Donkey Kong Country - Title Screen... one of them I believe; this is the only normal battle that doesn't have a Banjo-Kazooie music for it)
  7. FINAL BOSS: Master Hand & Crazy Hand (Stage: Final Destination, Music: Master & Crazy Hand)

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I wonder if Nintendo didn't want to pay for any Mii costumes because they used Skull Kid mii for the Mumbo Jumbo fight,

zferolie

Smash Hero
So can anyone see if the stage has secret voice lines for Grunty to rhyme, like Palutena's Guidence?

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Now I'm wondering what the minecraft content is.

Also, holy **** that grunty skin tho!!!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I’ve played as Banjo and Kazooie for a little bit, and he feels fun. It’s a little difficult to use Breegull Blaster while moving forward, meaning I waste a Wonderwing, but it seems like it could help Banjo a lot. Speaking of Wonderwing, this move is amazing for its limited uses. It plows through attacks like there’s no tomorrow and the super armor makes him survive a bit longer. I don’t see myself using Rear Shot that often, but I’m sure someone will find some use for it.

Also, I like the Spiral Mountain stage. Could it be legal in tournaments? I have no idea. On one hand, it’s the same size as the last two stages, like Mementos and Yggdrasil’s Altar, but on the other hand, that bridge walk-off is gonna deal a blow to its legality, and I dunno if the ramp leading up to the main platform will mean caves of life or something like that. Overall, I’m unsure about Spiral Mountain’s status as a tourney-legal stage.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
These Victory Animations are GOD TIER. 9.9'ed classic mode, and got all spirits. How are you all holding up!? THIS IS FUN AS ****

I should also note the animations for things like the special flag and bomber, homerun bat, shield break, dragoon, clapping, sleeping, swimming, and ledge balancing are all amazing. We even got more idle animations than most characters, 3 instead of 2. They have so much personality. Only thing really is their entrance animation is uh... missed opportunity to say the least. I guess every Smash Character needs 1 flaw

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Spiral Mountain is usable in VR Mode, in case you want to get a look at the stage from different angles.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Sakurai did the thing people thought they would be too lazy to do! That's honestly amazing, its the kind of thing you would think only would exist in fanart. You can tell they were having fun with it

INB4 Kazooie Doll Creepypastas

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bought the fighters pass so I can play Banjo!

It's time!

C3CC

Smash Lord
HE'S SO MUCH FUN.

I just love how straightforward he feels. No gimmicks at all. He would have felt right at home back in Smash 64.

I LOVE HIM!!!!

Top Bottom