• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
I guess we will find out, He didn't cover classic mode or spirits which is odd. Still, I'm in awe seeing the moveset, stage, and music

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Pros:
Banjo & Kazooie look GREAT!
Spiral Mountain looks pretty cool!
Seven new remixes!
Sans costume with a Megalovania Remix!

Nitpicky Cons:
No additional Egg types beyond the Grenade Egg.
Grunty doesn't appear to be a boss.
No remix of the original game's final boss.
Only a few seconds of gameplay for Terry.

Other than those four things, that was a pretty fun showcase! ...Though I did feel a bit bad for poor Sakurai when he was talking about the additional DLC Fighters!

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
So we don't know the costumes yet either.... Damn. probly no dragon kazooie

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
One of the best ever Nintendo Directs in my opinion, so much great stuff on show. Loved the Sakurai presentation afterwards, more of his personality definitely shows in the new format.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I will say, it's a bit inherently funny how BK managed to get more songs than the treasured DQ. It definitely helps to have a composer that's easier to work with.

Also, side note.

Terry once fought a wrestler called Big Bear. Now he fights an actual bear.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Did they ever give a specific time for when Banjo & Kazooie are dropping? Or are we going to assume that it's at 9:00 PM?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well after all that driving home of playing Banjo on the Xbox it doesn't seem like we are getting his games or Rare Replay on Switch but still can't be happier. Banjo is here today, so many wonderful remixes, all the loving details put into the stage including freaking Tooty of all things, the Trucker Ken memes are not sure to continue, and finally, Isaac once again is on the table. What a great day for me. And even a little bonus in the form of Megalovania.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
People are saying a lot of Banjo's moves look like they were taken from other fighters. With 75 characters is it really that bad? They all fit and animate so well, and I know some people didn't want Banjo to have an overly crazy gimmick. He seems pretty simple and fun, Can't wait

Also their page on the website still isn't up! I wanna see alt colors damnit

ze9

Smash Ace
No Gruntilda's Lair makes me very sad.
But on the other hand, the madman brought in Megalovania, WTF.
I'm conflicted.

THIS IS ALL SO AWESOME

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm so hyped it's hard to type. Best of both worlds! Our own presentation, with Sakurai playing the game, talking about the original games, and OUT TODAY. DID NOT EXPECT ANY OF THAT.

There was one disappointing aspect which was only 10 songs--I feel like they could have put many of the original tracks on there (e.g., Grunty Industries boss) and it would still work. But hey, way more re-mixes than I thought! Can't wait to hear how they're translated.

That's all for now, I'm in a hype coma and have no clue when I'll be conscious.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
This is still the most music so far of any DLC character, I think who they can round up for compositions is pretty limited as everyone scattered to other projects. Banjo is doing much better than Sonic, Cloud, Hero, and even Joker. I feel blessed right now

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I called it! Banjo & Kazooie would be released (near the day) at the end of the direct.

Last edited:

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
>that mumbo's mountain remix
>that treasure trove cove remix
>that main theme remix

>all those minute details in spiral mountain
>that victory screen

It's ****ing perfect, lads. Other than the absence of the final battle theme, it's literally everything I've ever wanted out of a Banjo pack.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA.png

dlewis53

Smash Lord
This is still the most music so far of any DLC character, I think who they can round up for compositions is pretty limited as everyone scattered to other projects. Banjo is doing much better than Sonic, Cloud, Hero, and even Joker. I feel blessed right now
Technically, Persona has one more song than Banjo-Kazooie. However, if we're talking remixes, then yeah, Banjo-Kazooie DEFINITELY got the better treatment!

Voe

Smash Journeyman
MR. PATCH REMIX!!!

Edit: HOME RUN CONTEST IS BACK!!!

My boi Goemon is a Mii costume I'm so happy. :cry:
Congrats! I actually have a pretty decent looking Goemon and Ebisumaru Mii Swordfighter.

EDqBj6GU4AI9stR.jpg EDqCn6QU8AES32h.jpg

When the patch goes up I'll re-post them again so you can edit the Goemon Mii's move set and add the costume if you're interested. My mind was blown when I realized Konami actually remembers Mystical Ninja. Dreams came true today. lol

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Pros:
Banjo & Kazooie look GREAT!
Spiral Mountain looks pretty cool!
Seven new remixes!
Sans costume with a Megalovania Remix!

Nitpicky Cons:
No additional Egg types beyond the Grenade Egg.
Grunty doesn't appear to be a boss.
No remix of the original game's final boss.
Only a few seconds of gameplay for Terry.

Other than those four things, that was a pretty fun showcase! ...Though I did feel a bit bad for poor Sakurai when he was talking about the additional DLC Fighters!
The Terry gameplay was a downside to me, he has a counter...

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hold on...
>Not displaying the Classic Mode (I know Sakurai doesn't usually do that but I'll get there)
>The lack of a Final Battle theme
We could still be getting a Gruntilda boss!
...Um, I'm pretty sure the lack of a Final Battle theme means that said theme isn't in the game. Which more than likely indicates that Grunty isn't a boss.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I’m honestly surprised more DLC characters are coming. Wonder how many there will be... I’m sick of speculating... lol

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
I'm unsure if I ever posted it here, but I totally called Wing Whack as their nair. I really, really hope it's as good as Ivysaur's.

Upsmash looks like it will be a great out of shield option. it hits low and fast.
Too bad about Wonder Wing's limitation. I hope it's absolutely busted in exchange. (iffy on that) And I'm also iffy on how good eggs are. Even with all that mobility (jumping confirmed!) the hitstun looks low and the endlag is pretty high.

Also...

OH MY GOD THEY'RE RELEASING TODAY!

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
The Terry gameplay was a downside to me, he has a counter...
So? If you don't like using Counters, then just don't use the move. Heck, my soon-to-be-second-favorite fighter King K. Rool has a counter (and kind of a not-so-good one in my opinion), but I still love him to pieces!

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
BANJO TODAY !
TOOTY !
POOR SOULS !
TERRY LEAK REAL !
MORE DLC FIGHTERS !
NO RARE BANJO MII COSTUMES :(
SANS & MEGALOVANIA SONG !!?!?!?

NANI !?!?!

looks like sakurai kept banjo's moveset simple

there more I could say but my head is spininng

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
...Um, I'm pretty sure the lack of a Final Battle theme means that said theme isn't in the game. Which more than likely indicates that Grunty isn't a boss.
Again, it’s a very small chance but the fact that one of the most iconic themes in the series isn’t present is baffling to me and I’m think they might be saving it for a surprise reveal

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Find it funny that Banjo has the F O R W A R D A E R I A L

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Im a little salty that Banjo didn't get any alternate costumes since the rest of the DLC did, but the colors are still pretty cool.

Folt

Smash Ace
Again, it’s a very small chance but the fact that one of the most iconic themes in the series isn’t present is baffling to me and I’m think they might be saving it for a surprise reveal
Doubt it. With the stage shown off, even the bridge being missing from certain clips is pretty much explained. (Or handwaved as it is.)

Kulty

Smash Ace
The update apparently drops at 8:50 PM EST for 5.0.0. BUT OH BOY BANJO IS LOOKING REALLY FUN IN MY EYES. I don`t know if it`s just me, but he doesn`t seem to have any particular b***s*** things. I might be mistaken, but so far, he does seem to be a pretty honest character. :)

Top Bottom