• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
So since the most common insult to banjo right now is to call him a cereal mascot, what would you want in a Banjo Kazooie cereal? I imagine it being a copy of Honey Nut Cheerios, but is there honeycomb-shaped instead, with red feathers, blue eggs, Jiggies, and Mumbo skull shaped marshmallows.

PS, I'm aware that there is already a honeycomb cereal, I don't think that flavor would compliment marshmallows.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think a Lucky Charms type cereal would be pretty cool too. The Marshmallows could be the Jinjos, Feathers, and Eggs. The oat parts could be Jiggies and / or Notes.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
If that bill actually passes regarding DLC and determines that Smash DLC for whatever reason falls within the scope of an unfair advantage (the latter which seems unlikely anyway), all the DLC would probably already be released at that point anyway. The two options at that point would be:

A) Remove the content from the game and refund everybody. This seems absolutely absurd given the option of balancing the DLC character to a point they’re not considered pay to win.

B) Worst case, making all of the DLC free. The content is already there, and it’s no longer a pay to win situation if you dont have to pay for it. Because let’s face it, Nintendo and all of the companies involved want their character represented, if Nintendo would have to refund all of the purchases and remove content, at that point they’ve already lost the money but still made the content, so why not do anything you could to keep the content you worked so hard on in the game?

Again, I don’t even think they’d determine Smash DLC to be an unfair advantage, but Nintendo knows what it’s doing, I’m sure they’ll do everything they can to make sure all the DLC content they have makes it into the game, even if it becomes free DLC.
You are pretty smart about this. Did you take law school?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
In terms of hype?
S: :ultbanjokazooie:
A: :ultkrool::ultsimon:
B: :ultridley::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultken:
C::ulthero::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy:
D::ultrichter::ultincineroar::ultjoker:
F::ultpiranha:

:ultbanjokazooie: Are the only S tiers ever for me besides maybe :ultganondorf: or :ultsonic:

:ultjoker: Is almost an F except me friend is a big Persona 5 fan as I don’t like characters like :ultcloud: in the game who don’t feel like they belong in a Nintendo All-Star fighting game. I also have mixed feelings towards :ultsnake:, but I would be lying to you if I didn’t say I was hyped. Another reason :ultjoker: and :ultcloud: avoid the F tier for me (characters I think do not belong)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, it makes sense. Free DLC is typically for games that have content from a company's series in their ownership (e.g. Kirby Star Allies, Splatoon, Crash Team Racing).

Whereas with a case like Ultimate, you need money to pay for the companies you collaborate with, to release their stuff as DLC, assuming the content in question is substantial enough (i.e. usually something more elaborate than buying costumes).

And then there's the scalpers that expect you to pay for every little thing like lootboxes or extra items. Hell, the console port of Pac-Man 256 had the pay-to-win elements removed, that should tell you what some people think of that practice.

So since the most common insult to banjo right now is to call him a cereal mascot, what would you want in a Banjo Kazooie cereal? I imagine it being a copy of Honey Nut Cheerios, but is there honeycomb-shaped instead, with red feathers, blue eggs, Jiggies, and Mumbo skull shaped marshmallows.

PS, I'm aware that there is already a honeycomb cereal, I don't think that flavor would compliment marshmallows.
That seems like it makes the most sense.

Also, one could add some green Gruntilda heads and grey Dingpots, for funsies.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I mean, it makes sense. Free DLC is typically for games that have content from a company's series in their ownership (e.g. Kirby Star Allies, Splatoon, Crash Team Racing).

Whereas with a case like Ultimate, you need money to pay for the companies you collaborate with, to release their stuff as DLC, assuming the content in question is substantial enough (i.e. usually something more elaborate than buying costumes).

And then there's the scalpers that expect you to pay for things like lootboxes or extra items. Hell, the console port of Pac-Man 256 had the pay-to-win elements removed, that should tell you what some people think of that practice.

That seems like it makes the most sense.

Also, one could add some green Gruntilda heads and grey Dingpots, for funsies.
Uh, so...you meaning that bill won't affect Banjo's return home?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd like a Banjo-Kazooie cereal like Lucky Charms and the Mario cereal. Maybe throw some grenade egg marshmallows in that actually pop in your mouth, heh heh.

Hell, the console port of Pac-Man 256 had the pay-to-win elements removed, that should tell you what some people think of that practice.
Thankfully the mobile version had that stuff removed as well.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Uh, so...you meaning that bill won't affect Banjo's return home?
your posts have always stood out to me man, You need to take a chill pill and accept this good thing that's happening to you. Nobody's going to snatch banjo away. Microsoft isn't going to get angry and change their mind for no reason, that would be a very bad for them and even if this build-it effect The upcoming smash DLC, it's not just going to Thanos snap banjo out of existence it every Smash Bros game. He's already been worked on, they're still going to release him. Even if they can't charge for him. They're not just going to let that work to go to waste. But I seriously doubt it's it's going to affect it's going to affect traditional DLC anyway.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
You are pretty smart about this. Did you take law school?
Oh, definitely not, I'm just thinking about it from a game creation point of view. There are probably other options than what I listed, but if you spend over a year creating content and you've already went through the proper channels to get licensing sorted out and the like, you're probably going to do everything you can to retain that content.

I don't think we're looking at a Metaknight-in-Brawl or Bayonetta-in-4 type thing where those characters were almost clearly top tiers of their own. Joker being referenced in that article I believe was merely used as an example, I don't think they were actually implying they thought any of Smash DLC in Ultimate were a pay to win scenario.

Another thing that's a little weird to me is how exactly you determine a pay to win situation with DLC characters. Just because you have access to a character that other people don't (and in a true tournament setting, everyone would have access to all of the characters anyway, so does this even matter?), doesn't mean that they're good. I think unless there is a clear gap it'd be pretty hard to determine an overpowered or pay to win character, amongst a roster of reasonably balanced 80 characters. And like I mentioned, if that were the case and it was deemed unjust or whatever, it seems well within Nintendo's ability to just nerf that character until they no longer fall in that category.

I really don't know much about the actual law (though I do tech support in a lawfirm, hah), but it looks like various predictions put this as having a very small chance of actually passing. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/s1629 lists 5%, haha. Not sure how accurate that is, but I don't think this is something we have to worry about, even if it is passed.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Oh, definitely not, I'm just thinking about it from a game creation point of view. There are probably other options than what I listed, but if you spend over a year creating content and you've already went through the proper channels to get licensing sorted out and the like, you're probably going to do everything you can to retain that content.

I don't think we're looking at a Metaknight-in-Brawl or Bayonetta-in-4 type thing where those characters were almost clearly top tiers of their own. Joker being referenced in that article I believe was merely used as an example, I don't think they were actually implying they thought any of Smash DLC in Ultimate were a pay to win scenario.

Another thing that's a little weird to me is how exactly you determine a pay to win situation with DLC characters. Just because you have access to a character that other people don't (and in a true tournament setting, everyone would have access to all of the characters anyway, so does this even matter?), doesn't mean that they're good. I think unless there is a clear gap it'd be pretty hard to determine an overpowered or pay to win character, amongst a roster of reasonably balanced 80 characters. And like I mentioned, if that were the case and it was deemed unjust or whatever, it seems well within Nintendo's ability to just nerf that character until they no longer fall in that category.

I really don't know much about the actual law (though I do tech support in a lawfirm, hah), but it looks like various predictions put this as having a very small chance of actually passing. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/s1629 lists 5%, haha. Not sure how accurate that is, but I don't think this is something we have to worry about, even if it is passed.
Wow. Thank you for that. My worries are going away. Besides, there is one other thing protecting Nintendo. Japanese laws!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Wow. Thank you for that. My worries are going away. Besides, there is one other thing protecting Nintendo. Japanese laws!
I don't think Japanese laws would exclude Smash DLC sold in America, but you shouldn't worry anyway. Like other people here are saying as well, traditional DLC that is sold in non randomized situations are going to be less affected I imagine. When it comes down to it, Loot Boxes and randomized microtransactions are pretty similar to gambling, and that's I think the heart of what they're trying to keep away from kids. A set price for fixed content like the Fighter's Pass probably isn't going to throw as many red flags, even if it could potentially include that. And any red flags in that situation are something that Nintendo can certainly deal with.

ze9

Smash Ace
I mean, it's clear what it is that the bill is targeting... and that's not the good and fair old-style "expansion pack" DLCs.
Smash won't be affected. Smash DLCs are a honest deal. You pay for the content and you get the content. That's it. What they're targeting is lootboxes (you pay and you don't know what content you're getting, which is basically gambling) and pay2win microtransactions (which is something like you have to buy lives, or the game is designed so that you can't win if you don't use a certain power-up which, coincidentally, you can only get by paying for it).
That's not at all what traditional DLCs are.

And anyways, it's not like the bill becomes law and every DLC under the sun gets cancelled.
I guess somebody would have to sew Nintendo, there would have to be a process, and the prosecutor would have to demonstrate that, indeed, Banjo is overpowered and gives an unfair advantage to those who bought him.
Can you imagine the trial? They'd have to call like Zero and ESAM and question them in court... "So, Mr. ESAM, since you're a professional player, can you confirm that Banjo's Wonderwing gives you super armor, just like I read in the cards? And how many side specials are in the game that give you super armor, hmm?", or things like "GameFaqs users are saying that Banjo is overpowered! Ban him!" - "Objection! GameFaqs users are noobs! What would they know?!"
Yeah, that's as ridicolous as it sounds.

That part of the bill is still poorly worded, though, and it steps into a much too ambiguous territory. They should probably remove it. But I think it's a good thing that they started to take action against EA's ****. Took long enough. Hope other states around the world will follow suit. Holland already did.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I mean, it's clear what it is that the bill is targeting... and that's not the good and fair old-style "expansion pack" DLCs.
Smash won't be affected. Smash DLCs are a honest deal. You pay for the content and you get the content. That's it.

And anyways, it's not like the bill becomes law and every DLC under the sun gets cancelled.
I guess somebody would have to sew Nintendo, there would have to be a process, and the prosecutor would have to demonstrate that, indeed, Banjo is overpowered and gives an unfair advantage to those who bought him.
Can you imagine the trial? They'd have to call like Zero and ESAM and question them in court... "So, Mr. ESAM, you're telling me that you won a match using Banjo's Wonderwing which, from what I've read in the cards, gives you super armor?"
Yeah, that's as ridicolous as it sounds.

That part of the bill is still poorly worded, though. But I think it's a good think that they started to take action against EA's ****. Took long enough.
Obviously this is a grand plot to stop Banjo and Kazooie from being added to Smash. While I appreciate the zeal and 'go-to' attitude, I also find it diabolical, sick and unbound to reality. I bet you its the Anime Swordsmen Brigade, trying to stop any and all non anime swordsmen who might be playable Smash characters. Then they'll turn other characters into sword fighters, while making existing ones wield 2 swords! Also anime. And anime ABOUT swords!

Next up someone will invoke time travel to remove Banjo. Will this evil anti bearbird force never end?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't understand the cereal mascot insult. Some of the cereal mascots are the most long-running, recognizable cartoon-styled characters in pop culture. That's indicative of a good design. Sure they're cartoony... but welcome to Smash, where your options are anime sword-wielder trash, cereal mascot trash, or Solid Snake.

D

Deleted member

I don't understand the cereal mascot insult. Some of the cereal mascots are the most long-running, recognizable cartoon-styled characters in pop culture. That's indicative of a good design. Sure they're cartoony... but welcome to Smash, where your options are anime sword-wielder trash, cereal mascot trash, or Solid Snake.
When they call him cereal mascot it reminds me of this commercial

StormC

Smash Hero
It was simply detractors finding an easy buzzword to rally behind to create negativity around Banjo.

It obviously didn't work because the term is funny as hell and as you've pointed out, it's easy to embrace and use as a mark of positivity.

My only hope is we get one more cereal mascot out of the Fighters Pass versus all the normal humanoids... and I know just the man for the job:

Whoa!

So after attending a work breakfast in the Melbourne CBD(in Australia) on Swanston Street. I thought I'd pop in to EB Games, aka Gamestop for you USA folks. This is Melbourne's flagship EB/Gamestop store and they have a third level dedicated to Nintendo and where they have E3 events.

Checking my emails and I hear some familiar tunes play...

Hot Head Hop - Donkey Kong Country 2
Gangplank Galleon Smash Ultimate remix

Just to name a few. Neat! I whistle along as they play and I continue looking through work emails.

And then I hear a certain ditty with a banjo begin, I kid you not it's Grant's glorious Spiral Mountain remix, the trailer was playing over the speakers in all its glory. At EB/Gamestop. In a retail store. In 2019. Was a bit noisy so did not record but it was there.

We're in the promised land boys and girls!

Speaking to the staff they did an E3 event here and they mentioned how many were excited for Banjo Kazooie when they were revealed.

Pics of the level below and attached:
15616797307662987516297802274443.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't mind or take "Cereal Mascot" as an insult, I actually find it funny and embrace it, like you said many cereal mascots are lconic, part of pop culture and are charming and likeable such as Kellogg's Tony the Tiger (Frosted Flakes) and Toucan Sam (Froot Loops) or General Mills Sonny the Cuckoo Bird (Cocoa Puffs) and Tricks the Rabbit (Trix).

Not to mention they help get our mornings started and are the main part of our complete breakfast.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So after attending a work breakfast in the Melbourne CBD(in Australia) on Swanston Street. I thought I'd pop in to EB Games, aka Gamestop for you USA folks. This is Melbourne's flagship EB/Gamestop store and they have a third level dedicated to Nintendo and where they have E3 events.

Checking my emails and I hear some familiar tunes play...

Hot Head Hop - Donkey Kong Country 2
Ganplank Galleon Smash Ultimate remix

Just to name a few. Neat! I whistle along as they play and I continue looking through work emails.

And then I hear a certain ditty with a banjo begin, I kid you not it's Grant's glorious Spiral Mountain remix, the trailer was playing over the speakers in all its glory. At EB/Gamestop. In a retail store. In 2019. Was a bit noisy so did not record but it was there.

We're in the promised land boys and girls!

Speaking to the staff they did an E3 event here and they mentioned how many were excited for Banjo Kazooie when they were revealed.

Pics of the level below and attached:View attachment 229436
I didn't know Melbourne had such a place? I need to pop down and visit one day, I'm sick of living in the gamerless small towns of Australia

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Not sure if anyone knows, but back in 2015, there was a Banjo-Kazooie tech demo made for the 2015 SXSW Awards. The goal was to get a high score using the audience as a controller.

Have a vid showing gameplay:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Haters aren't exactly what one would call rational people.

In retrospect that bug with duck hunt and mii swordfighter was probably a result of Banjo and Hero being in development. More recently there was a bug with K. Rool in the Adventure section of Challenges. Does anyone think this may be hinting at something (or someone) else?
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...timate_update_fixes_king_k_rool_challenge_bug
Seems interesting. Though I can't really think of anyone that'd be bulky like him besides King Hippo.

ze9

Smash Ace
In retrospect that bug with duck hunt and mii swordfighter was probably a result of Banjo and Hero being in development. More recently there was a bug with K. Rool in the Adventure section of Challenges. Does anyone think this may be hinting at something (or someone) else?
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...timate_update_fixes_king_k_rool_challenge_bug
Don't think so. Challenges are weird... The character is usually just featured in the image, you can do the actual challenge itself with anyone.
That K. Rool challenge in particular was just "clear all the obstacles in the world map of WoL", which is something you can do with everybody and that you even do outside of battle.
I think it's more likely that they messed with World of Light itself.
I've read that when you loaded one of those 16 additional character slots that were datamined before, the game crashed. The empty slots have now apparently been made to load Mario. Maybe they were preparing to integrate the DLC characters in WoL. Or maybe they're adding stuff to WoL itself? I think both Banjo and the Hero should come with some kind of single player content.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
That glitch has nothing to do with K. Rool.

Basically when viewing challenges, each one has the name of a character that appears in the image that appears for clearing the challenge.

King K. Rool just happened to be the character for that square.

Edit: :ultgreninja:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don't think so. Challenges are weird... The character is usually just featured in the image, you can do the actual challenge itself with anyone.
That K. Rool challenge in particular was just "clear all the obstacles in the world map of WoL", which is something you can do with everybody and that you even do outside of battle.
I think it's more likely that they messed with World of Light itself.
I've read that when you loaded one of those 16 additional character slots that were datamined before, the game crashed. The empty slots have now apparently been made to load Mario. Maybe they were preparing to integrate the DLC characters in WoL. Or maybe they're adding stuff to WoL itself? I think both Banjo and the Hero should come with some kind of single player content.
Now, this makes more sense. As time goes on, I think it'll get harder to deny those WOL slots as anything but kept into consideration for forthcoming DLC.

In the meantime, some prepping for Hero is set to arrive within the coming months.

ze9

Smash Ace
Now, this makes more sense. As time goes on, I think it'll get harder to deny those WOL slots as anything but kept into consideration for forthcoming DLC.
I think it's safe to say that, at the very least, additional DLCs are under consideration.
This is already the best selling fighting game of all time, after all. The Switch is still young, and I don't see how any future Smash game could top Ultimate, content-wise.
Also, the Smash fanbase is as rabid as ever. I mean, they opened and ended their E3 presentation with DLCs for a game they already released... They knew that the only thing that could top the Smash hype was nothing less than Breath of the Wild 2.
I feel like they'll go through with it. But we'll see.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
(This is a joke.)

Who wants Nuts & Bolts 2?!
Okay, listen, I know you're joking, but I would like a Nuts & Bolts 2. Here's why:

I played N&B a LOT with my best friend. I love the game. I think it's fantastic. It has colorful worlds, fun challenges that let you create your own solutions, great music, quality controls, and an all around lovely atmosphere. Was it the Banjo game we wanted? No, absolutely not. I think it's a great game, but a terrible Banjo-Kazooie game. I'm sure many of us have heard Jontron say the line, "It should have been TipTup: Nuts & Bolts!", and I agree wholeheartedly! If I were given the option to trade in Nuts & Bolts for a true Banjo-Threeie... I honestly have to say I would decline. I have many, MANY fond memories of Nuts & Bolts, and I wouldn't give those up for anything. The creative ceiling is so high, I still find myself returning to the game to see what new zaney vehicle I can build, or what iconic car I might be able to recreate with the tools provided. Nuts & Bolts is a fantastic game that I believe would have been loved, even WITH Banjo and Kazooie in the lead roles, but people wanted another game. If Banjo-Threeie had come to be, I'm 100% positive that Nuts & Bolts would have the same kind of cult following that the likes of the Paper Mario or Crash Bandicoot-spinoffs have to this day.

So again, yes, please give me that Nuts & Bolts sequel. But this time, let's have somebody else take the reigns so our Bear and Bird can focus on their next platformer. :)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I think it's safe to say that, at the very least, additional DLCs are under consideration.
This is already the best selling fighting game of all time, after all. The Switch is still young, and I don't see how any future Smash game could top Ultimate, content-wise.
Also, the Smash fanbase is as rabid as ever. I mean, they opened and ended their E3 presentation with DLCs for a game they already released... They knew that the only thing that could top the Smash hype was nothing less than Breath of the Wild 2.
I feel like they'll go through with it. But we'll see.
I wouldn't mind a semi clone and echo pass.

Just throw bodies at this game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
(This is a joke.)

Only if it starts with LOG getting sacked on-screen.

You won't see me criticize Smash 3DS/WiiU roster, I got my top 2 most wanted, Rosalina and Greninja, and both had fare few saying they had no chance.

I remember a lot of people were convinced that the Pokemon lineup would just be the Brawl 4 + Mewtwo. And I mean a lot
Little Mac alone made it worth it for me.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
(This is a joke.)

if we got to beat up and utterly disrespect L.O.G., there was no self-deprecating humor, the art style wasn't trash, and it released AFTER a traditional 3D platformer, I would welcome Nuts and bolts 2. Of course I probably wouldn't play it unless it came to switch.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It was simply detractors finding an easy buzzword to rally behind to create negativity around Banjo.

It obviously didn't work because the term is funny as hell and as you've pointed out, it's easy to embrace and use as a mark of positivity.

My only hope is we get one more cereal mascot out of the Fighters Pass versus all the normal humanoids... and I know just the man for the job:

Whoa!
I was super against Crash Bandicoot making it into Smash Bros. before Banjo & Kazooie for the longest time. He was someone I never grew up with and have no real nostalgic attachment to like I did with Banjo & Kazooie. Plus, other than one or two games and recently with his remasters of his trilogy and Nitro Racing, he hadn't had much presence on Nintendo consoles, and my whole schtick with third parties is they either need to have some history with Nintendo or are super iconic. And I would've been salty if he had gotten in before Banjo & Kazooie. That all being said, I now SUPER WANT him in now that Banjo & Kazooie are finally home where they belong! He'd make everyone go just as nuts as Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion and make this roster feel even more crazier and complete.

StormC

Smash Hero
I was super against Crash Bandicoot making it into Smash Bros. before Banjo & Kazooie for the longest time. He was someone I never grew up with and have no real nostalgic attachment to like I did with Banjo & Kazooie. Plus, other than one or two games and recently with his remasters of his trilogy and Nitro Racing, he hadn't had much presence on Nintendo consoles, and my whole schtick with third parties is they either need to have some history with Nintendo or are super iconic. And I would've been salty if he had gotten in before Banjo & Kazooie. That all being said, I now SUPER WANT him in now that Banjo & Kazooie are finally home where they belong! He'd make everyone go just as nuts as Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion and make this roster feel even more crazier and complete.
In all fairness, of the remaining third parties, I would say Crash is one of the most iconic choices left; his series has sold more than the likes of Street Fighter and Metal Gear, and his original trilogy was a hit in Japan. And he's had over ten games on Nintendo systems before the remakes.

But yeah, do yourself a favor and play the N. Sane Trilogy if you haven't. I'm not a diehard Crash fan or anything, but they're solid games and I have a lot of nostalgia for Crash 3 since I played it with my friend growing up. If first party characters are off the table, Crash would definitely be the character I'd be the most excited about; high B/possible A tier hype for sure. I don't really have the biggest hopes for his chances, but I think his support will keep growing.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Is there any series that has a history as crazy as Banjo Kazooie?
we've got project dream, the game that was originally in action-adventure RPG about Pirates
banjos debut in a racing game Donkey Kong, but his little sidekick Diddy
the first two games releasing to generally positive critical Acclaim, banjo being a household name at Nintendo, appearing on N64 boxes with Mario, Donkey Kong, and even Pikachu, Despite that, no Smash Brothers appearance.
you get sequels promised in both games, and tantalizing secrets that are teased but never fully realized like stop and swap, and mysterious secrets that aren't teased but still end up in the game accidentally like bottles Revenge
and then, Microsoft acquires rareware, all we get are a couple of dodgy GBA games, one of which was meant to be a Donkey Kong airplane racer, and then the series just goes dormant. It was like Banjo being a household name at Nintendo never happened.
two generations after the N64, the next banjo game is teased, the art style looked pretty ugly, but it showed promise it came time for the actual reveal, and it was no longer a platform game, but some kind of vehicular building game. And one that was awfully disrespectful to the legacy of The Originals At that.
aside from a guest appearance in a Sonic the Hedgehog Kart Racer, alongside Wreck-It Ralph, Banjo just goes dormant again. people at rare seemed outright determined to keep banjo dead. this forced the people who still had passion for banjo to split off And start a Kickstarter for a successor.
that successor being yooka laylee, And that Kickstarter met its goal within a day. Meanwhile the only signs that banjo is still an IP that existed in this world are a few seconds of a tech demo for Xbox Kinect. And nothing ever comes of it.
we all know how it ends from here, merchandise teases, no new banjo game, And yet banjo appears in Super Smash Bros ultimate.

it's honestly the craziest gaming-related ride I know of. Right from the beginning when you hear about project dream.
the only thing I think comes close to this is Sonic the Hedgehog, but that may only count if you factor in the crazy legal drama surrounding the comic books and other media spin offs.

ze9

Smash Ace
Crash would be great. I don't have much attachment to him, but he would fit in Smash really well. And by that point, all of the greatest '90s platformers mascots will be playable (bar Spyro, but Spyro is lame).
If this is really all 3d party I don't really care who they put in from now on, though. I just want to be surprised.

...but I think I want Doomguy.

Top Bottom