• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Guys! Shall we start on writing that letter?
You better put up a site so all can access themselves to that letter overall. And I hope you can find your way to send it all the way Mr.Sakurai himself.

I certainly want to be included in it if any chance.

D

Deleted member

You all know what to do people.

The Banjo DLC must sell well enough to make Microsoft gain interest on the IP.

This is a great day for me between Eight, Banjo and the F4.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
What'll really make you all **** your pants is that it's now possible that Gruntilda could be the final DLC character.

Let that marble roll around in your heads for a while.

Last edited:

Banjig

Smash Rookie
I've been riding that wave for a couple of hours, and am just posting here to say "Hey guys, I was here when Banjo got revealed."

I feel so god damn happy, this is such a genuinely incredible event. Banjo bros, thank you for everything, this has been one hell of a ride and the destination that we reached has been well worth the wait.

D

Deleted member

Could I be on the letter too please?

While I'm currently hyped mostly for Eight, I was alwayd hoping to see Banjo back throuh any way.

I would be glad to be featured with all of you.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
As someone from the Steve thread, I give my congrats to all of you. This was an amazing direct, happy for all of you!

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Did you guys hear the new Smash remix of Spiral Mountain? Well, guess who did an arrangement of it? That’s right! Grant Kirkhope, himself, did it! Which means this is the first time they’re letting somebody, who isn’t Japanese, do a remix for Smash!

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Man, from a Kutthroat who was also a big Banjo fan since 1998, it feels so good to have the Bear and Bird back home. Man, if my sixteen-year old self saw that trailer...

The Dream is a Reality.

D

Deleted member

Did you guys hear the new Smash remix of Spiral Mountain? Well, guess who did an arrangement of it? That’s right! Grant Kirkhope, himself did it! Which means this is the first time they’re letting somebody, who isn’t Japanese, do a remix for Smash!
Glad to have his bless in Smash!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I feel like the only character that could get close to topping Banjo would be Master Chief. Unless Sony can join in on the fun with Kratos or Nathan Drake.

Personally, I would be fine with Chief, but Banjo Kazooie is on another level to me.

Also, we got 2 JRPG characters. Would love it if we got another 3D platform character like Crash or Rayman.

D

Deleted member

I feel like the only character that could get close to topping Banjo would be Master Chief. Unless Sony can join in on the fun with Kratos or Nathan Drake.

Personally, I would be fine with Chief, but Banjo Kazooie is on another level to me.

Also, we got 2 JRPG characters. Would love it if we got another 3D platform character like Crash or Rayman.
Man if Ultimate had Samus, Banjo, Ridley, K.Rool, Eight and Crash on the same roster... I would never need a new Smash game anymore.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Just saw this tweet from Grant Kirkhope! He was teasing us all along!

So much for that "Sakurai hates Western composers" theory. I hope we get more than one track and this isn't a Final Fantasy situation.

In fact, according to Grant, Nintendo actually asked him to come back.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So much for that "Sakurai hates Western composers" theory. I hope we get more than one track and this isn't a Final Fantasy situation.
If I had War Cry (DQ8's Battle Theme) in I would be happy as freaking hell.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

yo how do you embed tweets like that in here?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I just wanted to say you are all wonderful people and the tears of joy I quite literally cried at my desk today during the reveal was a great experience to experience with everyone. If there is anything I can do to help to get in on this thank you letter to Sakurai / Phil / Rare, count me in.

Today is the best day in a long time and while we've had a series of constant lows and misfortunes for our Bear and Bird, I am thoroughly elated that we've held through it all and get to experience this. Fall 2019 will be here before we know it!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Apparently Banjo was very easy to add in!
https://twitter.com/kotaku/status/1138504024251097088?s=21

Well Jiggy my Jinjos, there’s no way he’s getting cut in future Smash titles.
Spencer's a natural treasure.

Meanwhile, Sakurai had to negotiate with five parties to get Luminary in here. The man makes the impossible, possible.

Can't break NDA if you make a white lie. :4pacman:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The ol rare crew of DK diddy and K. Rool popping off for B-K was pretty wholesome to see.
Glad they're finally in, think it'd be my first time I'm gonna switch off Yoshi and move onto a new character.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
These past couple of months ever since I’ve join have been quite the speculation roller coaster. We’ve had our ups and our downs, but I’m really happy it all payed off in the end. Thank you, everyone.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Did you guys hear the new Smash remix of Spiral Mountain? Well, guess who did an arrangement of it? That’s right! Grant Kirkhope, himself, did it! Which means this is the first time they’re letting somebody, who isn’t Japanese, do a remix for Smash!
And hopefully, it won’t be the last time. :)

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad that we could end that silly conflict already.

Now us both sides can celebrate together at last!

You can bet I'm picking Eight and Banjo when they release.
I don't think we were ever in conflict. We've been more of allies.
Some Steve fans on the other hand...

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I don't know what to say that hasn't been said in the last about 2 hours. Banjo and Kazooie, two of my childhood-heroes are back. Thank you Sakurai, Phil Spencer, everyone who was a part of this. I can't put into words how happy i am.

If you guys want to do some sort of "Thank-You-Letter", then please, let me be a part of it.

Banjo and Kazooie returned. And boy what a return.

To use a slightly changed quote from My Hero Academia:
""It's fine now. Why? Because they're here!!"

Top Bottom