• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
I just remembered I voted for Banjo & Kazooie during the ballot. Makes me wonder if they read that heartfelt essay about why I wanted them in, maybe not but it's nice to think about.
It's so surreal though, I have no other characters that I want and the rest of the DLC can be whoever and I wouldn't be mad. I just feel so relieved, like a burden is lifted from my soul.

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Here's my reaction for anyone who wants to see. I was on the Game's Repainted live stream with some friends.

I'm obviously the dude crying like an absolutely *****.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Btw with the Dragon Quest-Boys now confirmed (they look pretty cool btw) we can asume that the "Google Theory" is pretty much dead, right?

Not that it matters anyway, we got Banjo and Kazooie. I just wanted to point that out.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Btw with the Dragon Quest-Boys now confirmed (they look pretty cool btw) we can asume that the "Google Theory" is pretty much dead, right?

Not that it matters anyway, we got Banjo and Kazooie. I just wanted to point that out.
Yeah, Google theory is no more.
Ditto with 5 chan
Though 2 of the other 3 could still happen.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Man I feel like my purpose is gone. I was only really here to support Banjo and Geno. The phoenix wright thread is not super active. What do I do now lmao
Stay here and speculate how our boy and grill will play.
or make more memes

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I have been absent from this board too long but this is a good reason to come back:
vlcsnap-2019-06-11-20h19m59s877.png

I'm so glad they did stick to the original concept artworks for Nintendo 64. Though Banjo's legs look shorter and Kazooie's eyes are almost seductive, like she's aware that fans will make lewd fan art of her and she's embracing it.
Now, what do the character behind them mean? Are they part of the route Banjo will follow in the Classic mode? Who will be the boss? Master hand, Crazy Hand or Gruntilda? Or Conker maybe? I'm being serious about the last one. The Squirrel needs a good comeback too, after the disaster that was "Young" Conker. As boss, assist trophy, Mii costume or spirit (asking him as playable character would be too bold at this point).
Krystal in her first attire, King K. Rool, Banjo appearing in a trailer together Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and King K. Rool are clear puzzle pieces of a friendship between Nintendo and Rare/Microsoft. Conker would be the final piece.
I just wonder if a new mode will come together Banjo.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Funny seeing king k rool and dk crew hanging together like frenemies
I legitimately hope the trailer for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 starts with this same imaging.

And then they start to fight over a banana.

ooooo--banana!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Man I feel like my purpose is gone. I was only really here to support Banjo and Geno. The phoenix wright thread is not super active. What do I do now lmao
I don't see Geno as a fighter, do you? ;)
Does suck his chances are pretty nil after we got a Square rep today (plus the spirit), but maybe after this Fighter's Pass?

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
While today has been a glorious day...some of us here have lost something. Something dear to them

JhQCPKa.jpg

Rest in peace brave Artorias.

Who willingly sacrificed himself so banjo could be in smash.

Know that your sacrifice was not in vain. You carried the hype train on your back when things looked grim. We will forever be grateful.

Rest now brave knight.

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Congratulations all you lovely people.

I loved Banjo in my youth as well but never finished it. Only recently watched a speedrun about 3 weeks ago of the whole game and learned alot about it.

I've also been getting into Dragon Quest a ton over the past year so I'm happy on both ends.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
There may still be a few characters I'd like to see after Banjo, but I dont think i could ask for anything else after this. I dont even think i could ask for another Smash after this. And unless they can pull another EVERYBODY IS HERE I dont really want one.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yeah, Google theory is no more.
Ditto with 5 chan
Though 2 of the other 3 could still happen.
I am so happy that the 5chan leak is dead. I hated it as it came immediately after the pass was announced and it felt like such a killjoy.

The only leak still going i think had Jill Valentine and someone else.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't see Geno as a fighter, do you? ;)
Does suck his chances are pretty nil after we got a Square rep today (plus the spirit), but maybe after this Fighter's Pass?
I think Sora and Lara Croft should get in first.
But Im not here to kill hype.

I'm here to say---
I think I'm gonna dress super 90s for my talk show.
I wanted to do a photo shoot with a well known cosplayer for the gay market- be Banjo and have him be Kazooie. If anyone is interested and in Florida, I'm still down.

Acting is my strength, not costume creation.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think Sora and Lara Croft should get in first.
But Im not here to kill hype.
I would be legit sad if Sora got in over Geno, but because I at least got one of my top 5 (Banjo, coming in at #2), I wouldn't be as angry or upset. I finally got a top pick so I can't complain :D
(plus Sora's/BoobsMcGee's fanbases are way bigger than Geno's I'm sure)

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Unbelievable

Thank you, Nintendo. Honestly this is something I've wanted since smash 64, longer than Ridley. This game is GOAT. Plain and simple.

Guh-huh!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can't believe all the big requested Melee characters are finally all in Smash. This is a day to remember forever. I'm tired, I'm going to sleep guys. See y'all later.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
While today has been a glorious day...some of us here have lost something. Something dear to them

View attachment 227439
Rest in peace brave Artorias.

Who willingly sacrificed himself so banjo could be in smash.

Know that your sacrifice was not in vain. You carried the hype train on your back when things looked grim. We will forever be grateful.

Rest now brave knight.
This just rises even further questions on what happened there. Was google really like "yeah we think these are the DLC characters put those Nintendo ads up for them"

Yet google was thinking "Nah Steve or Erdrick don't have a chance though don't put ads for them" Like what was going on here.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
10 years ago.

An decade ago it was thought it'd be impossible for the beloved bear and bird duo to had make it into Smash but after given all the strong fan demand and support they had gotten from fans alike, the very same fan base that managed to get those that seemed unlikely for them to get in only to do so like :ultkrool:and:ultridley:

It was all not in vain as in the end 10 years later thanks to all of it that Banjo-Kazooie have finally made it into their long overdue spot in the game.

We fans now can settle down satisfied to know they've finally made it in after so long.

Thank you so much Sakurai for making dreams become an reality. I'll never ask for anything ever again.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Guys... Something that should have happened a long time ago is going to finally happen.

Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong are going to meet for the first time in-game !!!

It's too perfect and beautiful, I think I'm going to cry.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This Smash is for the 90s kids.
Are any of you in here with me?

I cant get over this.
I dont want to get over this.

I'm hyping so hard right now.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I also recommend as how fans sent thank you letters to Sakurai for giving them and us like me:ultkrool:should also do the same for Banjo-Kazooie. Its only fair to return our gratitude and how much we appreciate how hard Sakurai worked to give us what we wanted.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Just sit back and relax.

Also, I think we should just start another thread for the card, so that whoever's making it doesn't have to sift through other messages to see who wants in.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Um guys... i just discovered something but im only gonna tell you, if you don't get your hopes up...we cool? Alrighty then:

Amazon Germany listed this:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07SZX1165/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=I7LWYC0FA4BO&keywords=banjo+kazooie+nintendo+switch&qid=1560282534&s=gateway&sprefix=Banjo+Kazooie+n,aps,180&sr=8-4

A Banjo-Kazooie Game for the SWITCH!! It only says that: Banjo-Kazooie (Working Title) with the Switch as a plattform.

Boy, please don't play with my feelings....
Please let an announcement be soon!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We made it everyone! God, I never thought I'd see the day.

Almost 20 years, Banjo is back home. I feel like I should write some big sappy post but I'm no writer and I'm still barely thinking clearly from hype.

Just remember, the official Banjo mains discord is open and we're absolutely bustling!
https://discord.gg/hQMVKcP

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
This Smash is for the 90s kids.
Are any of you in here with me?

I cant get over this.
I dont want to get over this.

I'm hyping so hard right now.
'91 kid here, born with a super nintendo in the family. Grew up with it and N64. This has been a great smash for us for sure.

Um guys... i just discovered something but im only gonna tell you, if you don't get your hopes up...we cool? Alrighty then:

A Banjo-Kazooie Game for the SWITCH!! It only says that: Banjo-Kazooie (Working Title) with the Switch as a plattform.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Even if it turns out to be Rare Replay, I'd be ecstatic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spawn: I'm the biggest most surprise guest character in gaming. (Mortal Kombat 11)
Banjo-Kazooie: Hold our beers. (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07SZX1165/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=I7LWYC0FA4BO&keywords=banjo+kazooie+nintendo+switch&qid=1560282534&s=gateway&sprefix=Banjo+Kazooie+n,aps,180&sr=8-4

Was....a new Banjo game supposed to be announced during E3 for this to appear. How often does Amazon put up game mistakes.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
'91 kid here, born with a super nintendo in the family. Grew up with it and N64. This has been a great smash for us for sure.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Even if it turns out to be Rare Replay, I'd be ecstatic.
Me too my friend...me too.

Top Bottom