• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Can people explain to me how the main character from Doom would be represented accurately in a kids game? The character literally fights demons from hell and uses a chainsaw. Sakurai likes to faithfully replicate as much as he can from the source material. Wouldn't the lack of blood and gore pretty much water down the entire character?

I don't think "Doom Guy", if that even is his name, is that wanted in Japan either.

Genuinely curious why people expect to see him in the DLC.
Question for you, do you think blood is a defining factor for Doom? like a tarantino movie? or say, It's high action dinamic run and shoot violent/ruthless gameplay? obviously if your definig factor is that kind of gameplay, blood is a good complement, but not a necesity (unlike say mortal kombat).

And we actually already have a ruthless/violent/cruel dynamic character in smash, in ridley.

Doom needs to emulate doom gameplay, and be as violent as ridley, and it will fit perfectly IMO.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
By now, we just got words, not even solid details. It's not like a 100% thing but personally I need more. Looks like something with Banjo-Kazooie is gonna happen at E3 but could be anything, not only about Smash. This guy can be talking about another kind of thing, it could be a bait for another smashing concept. Yeah, he is a reliable source but... I need something more solid than Verge who had some bluffs recently, but it's another grain.
Let's see if in the next days we can see more, a bunch of mayor leaks about E3 are happening right now.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Can people explain to me how the main character from Doom would be represented accurately in a kids game? The character literally fights demons from hell and uses a chainsaw. Sakurai likes to faithfully replicate as much as he can from the source material.
Well, a couple of points to counteract this in regards to Doom Slayer (which is what he would likely be officially titled if he were to become DLC), is that with such fast paced game, lots of characters already have a lot of brutal moves. Slow down Cloud's down throw; the ferocity in how hard he slams the opponent into the ground is surprisingly brutal. Corrin's Omega Yato is chainsaw like in nature, and if you get hit upclose while they charge FSmash, you get hit by said chainsaw-esque sword as its grinding. They can replace blood with highly intensive sparks, and more intensive gunshot blasts with colored explosion effects.

The original all-out attack from Persona 5 has the enemies spilling blood. But in Smash for Joker's Final Smash? They replace them with sparkling stars that gush out from the other characters. Being DLC also means that the devs can play more loosely with the ratings of the characters, which would lend itself to more brutality. It'd be like taking Scorpion from Mortal Kombat and just having his moves spill no blood, and his Final Smash of setting the enemy on fire just be explosive and not reduce them to a skeleton.

I got no stake in the character (I'd want him, sure!) but yeah. They could definitely just cause all the hits to be extra loud (think like how Ike's hits sounded in Brawl,) to emphasize Doom Slayer's nature. Could totally happen.

[EDIT]

To stay on topic to Banjo & Kazooie though, it's sinking in that we're only a few days away from discovering the truth. And I'm excited for it. I've had my doubts (part of me still does so I don't get too heartbroken over it not happening,) but now I'm listening to the OSTs for the first two games in my everyday life. LOL Like, going for a walk and having the Banjo-Kazooie pause music in my headphones to narrate my stroll through town. I'm getting swept up in the hype whether I like it or not.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If Banjo gets in, I don't even know what I'll do with myself. I've been so dead-set on him never coming back and have been in the acceptance period for so long. My hopes were banked on Geno for Smash in terms of my most wanteds because Banjo felt just that unrealistic to me... but I wanted the bear and bird duo more and for longer than Geno. I've wanted them since Smash 64 when I was a young'un.

If we get that guh-huh and breeeeeeeee goodness at E3, I will explode. If we don't, then eh, I was in the acceptance period anyway, so it won't hurt much, but if we do? If we DO?

Someone will need to chain me down before I rocket through the roof.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The guy still has time to tweet dad jokes on the daily, so unless he's trolling - which would be absolutely insane, given his position - I think we can stick with the notion that, at worst, he was given a false tip.
When you look back, even his leaks seem to be mostly dad jokes lol.

But yeah. I thought maybe it was "something Banjo" instead of Banjo in Smash and it could be wishful thinking on our part, but there's no way Shinobi isn't aware of the pandemonium he's caused (which also applies to his choice of words). If it was that, I think he would have said something.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 226319
View attachment 226320

The memes from all this is going to be glorious.
Not condoning any kind of rude behavior from either side. I merely read what they had to say in this picture and I have to ask:

How on Earth is it any one groups' game?

And if it ABSOLUTELY has to be:

How the heck would it not belong to the people who've played Smash from the very beginning? Lol

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
When you look back, even his leaks seem to be mostly dad jokes lol.

But yeah. I thought maybe it was "something Banjo" instead of Banjo in Smash and it could be wishful thinking on our part, but there's no way Shinobi isn't aware of the pandemonium he's caused (which also applies to his choice of words). If it was that, I think he would have said something.
Didn't he use the same words, "a smashing good time", that he used to tease Ultimate with his Banjo tease?

If he's trolling, then he's going to have to answer to angry Smash fans who got their hopes up because a credible leaker decided to mess with them.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know he's going to backpedal hard if he's wrong on this. Toying with the fans of a heavily requested character is not going to sit well with many people, but I'm sure some people will find some excuse to believe him regardless.

It'll be the same with Shinobi as well. It'll be hard to trust him if he's wrong, especially after giving fans hope.

They're both putting their reputations on the line with this.
If Shinobi and all of those admins and credible leakers backing him up are all wrong, than nobody will believe a word from anybody ever again in the Smash speculation scene. They're pretty much putting the whole community's reputation on the line as well.

Never played a Banjo game before in my life due to my lack of an N64 growing up, but I'm still wishing you guys the best in getting your character soon. :-P
I love your Palutena avatar, she looks very sexy with a ponytail. :love:

volbound1700

Smash Master
My hype list:

1. Tails
2. Knuckles
3. Rayman
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Masterchief
6. Bomberman
7. Sora
8. Geno
9. Skull Kid
10. Amaretsu
11. Crash Bandicoot
12. Doomguy

(Slightly less hype then the ones above)

13. Digdug
14. Krystal
15. Dovakin
16. Shadow
17. Commander Keen
18. Dixie Kong

Longshot Pipe Dream:

Epic Mickey!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Didn't he use the same words, "a smashing good time", that he used to tease Ultimate with his Banjo tease?

If he's trolling, then he's going to have to answer to angry Smash fans who got their hopes up because a credible leaker decided to mess with them.
He used exactly that same phrase to tease Smash before it was announced, yes.

He’s got too much credibility to do something that flippant.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
From what I've seen when browsing ResetERA, a lot of people over there are believing shinobi602's post to be a hint for Banjo in Smash as well, saying that he's been in "the business" for a while now and knows what he's doing. He knows what he has unleashed, etc.

I trust he's being legitimate and just hope he's not been fed bad information along with Sabi and Vergeben who Sabi... backed up it seems(?).

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
He used exactly that same phrase to tease Smash before it was announced, yes.

He’s got too much credibility to do something that flippant.
I trust him more than Verge (who sounds like he's just piggybacking to be honest) and he doesn't strike he as the type of guy who'd troll the fans like that.

But I do think he's putting his reputation and credibility on the line here. If he's wrong, it'll be hard for people to trust him again.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 226319
View attachment 226320

The memes from all this is going to be glorious.
Meanwhile TheCJBrine TheCJBrine would/will be all like.

5bd.jpg

Because he has the sense of supporting more than one character.

I trust him more than Verge (who sounds like he's just piggybacking to be honest) and he doesn't strike he as the type of guy who'd troll the fans like that.

But I do think he's putting his reputation and credibility on the line here. If he's wrong, it'll be hard for people to trust him again.
"Hard" is an understatement. It would only serve to support the argument that leakers should never be listened to again, no matter how accurate.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Since everybody else is doing this, here's my top 10 most wanted list.

01. Banjo-Kazooie
02. Dixie Kong

03. Skull Kid
04. Captain Toad
05. Bomberman
06. Porky Minch

07. Leon Scott Kennedy
08. Doom Guy
09. Crono
10. Marx

I'm sure this pun has also been done before, but the wait is becoming unbearable.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My top 10 most wanted are:

1. Goemon
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Krystal
4. Dixie Kong
5. Porky Minich
6. Ganon
7. Zero
8. Tron Bonne
9. Shantae
10. Geno

We are truly in the Endgame now.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I dont want to stray from the Banjo topic, but when I think about playing Doom ,I think of the fast, smooth gameplay and powerful weapons. Doomguy can be fast, with weapons that pack a a punch, at the cost of high knockback (if you've ever been hit by a rocket or archvile in classic Doom you know that you can get sent pretty far). Add some crunch and snap sounds when he does his melee attacks, and bam, you have a pretty brutal character with no blood and gore. Besides, not every aspect of a game has to transfer to a smash character. It would be pretty ridiculous if the pokemon and cloud had to wait for the enemy to attack before they can move/attack, since they are from turn based rpgs after all.

Oh, and if Banjo gets announced, i will down a whole Monster Zero Ultra the moment he gets announced. Boomer Mode: Activated.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If Banjo gets in, I don't even know what I'll do with myself. I've been so dead-set on him never coming back and have been in the acceptance period for so long. My hopes were banked on Geno for Smash in terms of my most wanteds because Banjo felt just that unrealistic to me... but I wanted the bear and bird duo more and for longer than Geno. I've wanted them since Smash 64 when I was a young'un.

If we get that guh-huh and breeeeeeeee goodness at E3, I will explode. If we don't, then eh, I was in the acceptance period anyway, so it won't hurt much, but if we do? If we DO?

Someone will need to chain me down before I rocket through the roof.
I still can't believe Ridley and K.Rool are in. They were two of the last big (pun intended) characters people have asked for since the Melee/Brawl days. And to hear we might get another? One that not only was thought impossible, but that would pretty much complete the N64 all-stars of the cast?

I was born in the late 90s and ended up skipping a lot of good N64 games (not buying Tooie and Paper Mario at that film rental that was selling their video game stock was a decision that haunts me to this day), but I got the opportunity to play the originals sometime close to the Brawl era. Been rooting for the bear and bird since then. Depending on the outcome next tuesday, someone from my top 10 wishlist is getting promoted to top 5. :)

Honestly, I hardly think any insider would blatantly troll. Have wrong information or get a bit cocky? Maybe. But troll? There's way too much on the line for them, unless they're anonymous chan leakers.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Man I feel like I’m the only one around here that doesn’t have any sort of connection or want for either Joker and Erdrick :v

But more power to all of you I guess,
You're not the only one. I don't really care for either of them that much, only because I have no connection to either series.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly after Banjo the only characters I *really* would want are Dixie and Master Chief but I’ll be fine if they don’t get in. This game would already be a dream come true.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll go ahead and do it formally as well.

1. Phoenix Wright.
2. Porky
3. Amaterasu
4. Fawful
5. Chibi-Robo
6. Slime, no joke.
7. Spyro
8. Geno
9. Doomslayer
10. Dante

Sadly, several of these are spirits, which in my humble opinion are probably disqualifiers, but alas.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm just dying to see what Banjo Kazooie would look like if they are in Smash Ultimate. I keep trying to create pictures in my mind of what they'd look like.

So after Banjo & Kazooie, who will be y'all's number 1 wanted character? For me it's Goemon.
Just Doom Guy and Crono for me. Maybe Crash Bandicoot but despite me 100% the N.sane trilogy on Steam with all the achievements, I'm not too fussed with him.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Rooting for you guys! I enjoyed the Banjo series but never got super into it, but Banjo has been as borderline "Why the heck isn't he in Smash yet?" as Mega Man was to me prior to Smash 4. Things are looking good for him, and while I certainly wouldn't pick him up, seeing him among the others would feel so, so right.

Obviously, always keep your expectations in check, but things are looking good. Good luck!

Even though, if I'm being real, Klungo should be the Banjo rep. "Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World" is the unsung greatest product to ever come out of Rareware.

Last edited:

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
So after Banjo & Kazooie, who will be y'all's number 1 wanted character? For me it's Goemon.
I'll be honest and say I'd have no more wanted characters, I'd have everyone I've always wanted. I'd have no reason to lurk in speculation threads and focus more on pushing the banjo meta.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
1st party: Nabooru
3rd party: Sora
(honestly I'd rather any of a number of the Organization members but that's just unrealistic on a whole other level. The closest I'll get is their potential spirits. Larxene best girl XD)

To be clear, neither of these fall anywhere near my need for Banjo-Kazooie. The bear and bird are really the only characters I've ever been passionate about.

The number of characters that would bring a smile to my face is way too much to even begin to list, but honestly they'd all just be sprinkles on a sinfully delicious cake after B-K lol.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Not condoning any kind of rude behavior from either side. I merely read what they had to say in this picture and I have to ask:

How on Earth is it any one groups' game?

And if it ABSOLUTELY has to be:

How the heck would it not belong to the people who've played Smash from the very beginning? Lol
This.
Let's completely ignore the fact that banjo's been a consistency popular request for multiple years.

Let's also ignore the fact that ultimate in general has been pandering toward "boomers". What with things like Ridley, k rool, every single vet returning, more melee-esque gameplay, ect.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Banjo & Kazooie ARE the ones I want. I would probably get away from speculation until the next Smash game, but maybe not. Ultimate is, as the name states, ULTIMATE. But if I had to put someone up at the number one spot after them for Ultimate?

I would not mind Doom Slayer. Never played any of the games, but I could not deny the grandfather of FPS!

D

Deleted member

>There are people who still think that characters take a spot someone else “deserved”.

F33A638C-0C52-435C-810B-E3E6A5C52689.png

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
After Banjo & Kazooie?

My biased pick is Sephiroth. My non-biased pick that I can see happening is either Erdrick or Sora. (there's too many characters I want though. i'm already content. but the rest is now icing on the cake.)

D

Deleted member

After Banjo & Kazooie?

My biased pick is Sephiroth. My non-biased pick that I can see happening is either Erdrick or Sora. (there's too many characters I want though. i'm already content. but the rest is now icing on the cake.)
My biased picks are a Dragon Quest rep and Crash Bandicoot with Banjo being close to both.

My non-biased ones are Banjo, Erdrick and Doomguy.

Top Bottom