• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
This is my list of who I would want after banjo
Sad Reacts for Ty, he was a favorite of mine growing up, but hes the definition of Never ever

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That means Banjo equipped with Geno's spirit would be Christian Gnostic kung fu Pinocchio Winnie the Pooh plus presence of Birb

... and this might soon be possible

What a time to be ****ing alive.
This was my avatar awhile ago.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
What's crazy is that "Only B00MERZ want Banjo!" is, as far as I can tell, a purely Ultimate phenomenon. People asked for him regularly in Smash 4 and no one gave us any grief over it. But come Ultimate and suddenly he's the lame, unlikely "boomer" choice.

I think it's because of Ridley and K. Rool, honestly. Fans of those two characters were supposed to be silly laughingstocks, so when they both got confirmed, the teenage trolls started sweating.
Banjo was mostly a dream pick during Smash 4 hence why I didn’t unfortunately for him at that because I thought he wasn’t happening.

But now as of Ultimate, he’s now become a serious contender for the roster with many supporting arguments such as Phil’s blessing, Sakurai acknowledging them in Melee, and K.Rool’s inclusion helped spark a bit of genuine since it made Rare people such as the Mayles brothers fully aware of their creations being included.

Banjo’s joined the ranks among Geno, Isaac, Rayman, Shantae etc as far as expected fan newcomers go.

Thanks to the unfortunate Grinch blowout, Banjo has pretty much become another fan requested character that became a laughingstock due to memes and then you got the infamous Banjo vs Steve war that may finally reach it’s conclusion at E3.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
So I've been trying to come up with a functional moveset where every single move (bar the get-up attack, the ledge attack or things like that) is either canon, or reinterpretated from a canon move.

Run animation: this is the normal run from the original games, not the Talon Trot. Banjo is the one who walks.

Neutral Jab: Claw Swipe. The normal jab from Banjo-Kazooie, with Banjo swiping his claws forward three times.
Neutral Jab (Infinite): Claw Swipe + Peck. It begins as Banjo-Kazooie's jab, then it transitions into Banjo-Tooie's jab, with Kazooie pecking forward. The final hit could be a wing swipe, or Banjo clawing again, or something like that.

Forward Tilt: Beak Bayonet. The move you did in Tooie when you pressed B while in Breegull Blaster mode. Banjo takes Kazooie out of the backpack, and he swings her forward like a bayonet. It has a lot of range and can KO.

Up Tilt: Peck. The jab from Banjo-Tooie, again, this time executed while Kazooie is pointing upwards.

Down Tilt: Wing Wack. A heavily reworked version of Kazooie's solo attack. Banjo crouches, Kazooie extends from the backpack and swings her wings forward multiple times.

Dash Attack: Roll. Banjo rolls forward, with Kazooie's wings sticking out, just like in Banjo-Tooie.

Forward Smash: Breegull Bash. Of course, the forward smash has to be this secret move from Tooie. Banjo takes Kazooie out and slams her violently to the ground in front of himself. This'd be their best KO move. Complete with "Breeee-booown..." "GYAH-HUH"

Up Smash: Shock Spring Jump. This is the move that Banjo & Kazooie did when they pressed A on a Shock Pad. The move is pretty slow, during the charging fase Kazooie brings her legs out and concentrates her strenght on the ground. Then, the duo springs very high in the air, while Banjo claws/Kazooie swipes her wings. This up smash is unique, in which your character jumps very high. Like, if you do it on the center on Battlefield, when the move is finished you'll land on top of the central platform. The range is silimar to that of Palutena's up smash, though.

Down Smash: Beak Barge. The Z+B move in both Kazooie and Tooie. Banjo ducks, then he propels forward with Kazooie extending her beak in front of herself. It'd work kinda like Megaman or Cloud's down tilt, but it is a smash attack, so it can be charged and it is pretty powerful. The duo propels forward, but the downside is that the move doesn't hit behind them.

Grab: Taxi Pack. Banjo's solo special move from Banjo-Tooie. The pack magically expands, Banjo swings forward with a motion reminiscent of the one Villager does when he uses his net, just that it goes down-up instead of up-down. Kazooie still stays inside the backpack.
Pummel: Kazooie, while still inside the backpack, pecks on the duo's victim's face.

Forward Throw: Grip Grab. Kazooie slouches a bit, then she hits the opponent 3 times with the same animation she did when you pressed B while grabbing a ledge in Tooie. The third hit launches the opponent away. I envision it as a combo throw.

Up Throw: Shack Pack + Wing Whack. Kazooie hops off the backpack, while Banjo closes the opponent inside it and launches him upwards a bit. The shape of the backpack now is just like the one it had in Tooie when you used Shack Pack as solo Banjo. Kazooie hits the backpack with her wings 3 times, then the opponent comes out and gets launched away.

Back Throw: Stilt Stride. Banjo grabs the opponent with his hands and puts him behind him. Then, Kazooie extends her legs out of the backpack while wearing her boots, and kicks the opponent away.

Down Throw: Sack Pack. Banjo jumps in the air, while Kazooie slams the opponent to the ground. Banjo hops inside the backpack together with Kazooie, and they slam onto the opponent. They jump again and they return to their idle pose. This is a reference from one of Banjo's solo moves in Tooie. This is their KO throw.

Jump: Banjo jumps in the air, with the same animation he had in Kazooie and Tooie.
Double Jump: Feathery Flap. Kazooie sticks out of the backpack and propels the duo upwards with her wings, again, just like in Kazooie and Tooie. Comes packaged with the obligatory "aww-breeeeeee".

Neutral Aerial: Wing Whack. This is the move that Kazooie did in Tooie when pressing B while on her own. Of course, this time it is with Banjo, and the angle of the hits changes a bit. I imagine it to be kinda like Piranha Plant's neutral air, for reference.

Forward Aerial: Rat-a-tat Rap. The iconic aerial attack from both games. Kazooie sticks out of the backpack and pecks in front of herself. The duo's momentum slows down for a bit, just like in the original games.

Up Aerial: Flap Flip. A similar animation to the Z+A move in the original games, just a lot faster, and mid-air. Basically, a backflip with Kazooie's wings extending around the duo. It should have a lot of range.

Back Aerial: Pack Whack. Banjo's solo offensive move in Tooie. It's still pretty similar, but reworked to be a back aerial. Banjo turns around, takes off his pack and he swings it in front of himself. Slow but powerful move.

Down Aerial (Version One): Beak Buster. You tap A and the duo comes falling down, with Kazooie's beak pointing downwards. It works like Sheik, Sonic or Ridley's down air. It has a lot of knockback.
Down Aerial (Version Two): Bill Drill. This variation is activated if you keep A pressed. It's slower and it takes a bit to charge, but Kazooie's beak then acts as a drill, dealing massive damage on anyone it hits. This is from Tooie, of course.

Neutral Special: Breegull Blaster. The FPS move from Tooie. If you tap B, Kazooie shoots a blue egg which travels forward on a straight line. 3 blue eggs at a time can be on screen. If you keep B pressed for a bit, Kazooie shoots a fire egg. It's more powerful, but, of course, slower. If you keep B pressed even longer, Kazooie fires a grenade egg, which deals a lot of damage.
If you tap the stick in the opposite direction after you have pressed B, Kazooie will instead shoot the egg from her derriere. The egg doesn't go in a straight line, but it falls down and it springs for a bit, just like it happened in Banjo-Kazooie when you shot an egg from behind.

Side Special: Talon Trot. The duo starts to run around on Kazooie's feet. The speed is faster then the one in their normal run. They can jump while in this state, gaining a bit more distance then when they jump normally. If you press B again while you're in this state, Banjo will jump off Kazooie and swing his backpack while Kazooie extends her beak. If sweetspotted, it deals a lot of damage. If you don't press B, after a while the duo will lose speed, and Kazooie will retreat inside the backpack. You can't stop while in this form.

Down Special: Wonderwing. Kazooie protects Banjo with her wings. It works kinda like Joker's rebel guard. You take the damage from a hit, but don't suffer the knockback. If you press B at the right moment, it acts as a counter. Unlike rebel guard, though, you can move while in this state, and you don't summon Arsene of course. Useful to move through projectile spam, for example. You take the damage but you close the distance.

Up Special (Phase One): Flap Flip. The Z+A move in both Kazooie and Tooie. Banjo ducks, then he backflips thanks to Kazooie's wings. The duo goes pretty high in the air, but the movement is pretty much only vertical, the horizontal range of the move is very poor.
Up Special (Phase Two): Beak Bomb. While Kazooie's wings are still extended, you can press B again and select a direction, then Kazooie will launch the duo forward. It'd work kinda like Fox's up special, but it'd be a single-hit move, like Ridley's. Kazooie's beak acts like a sweet spot, of course. If the move hits somebody or something, Banjo & Kazooie receive a little bit of recoil damage, just like in the original games. You can also spot a single red feather coming out of Kazooie when they use Beak Bomb.

Final Smash: The Mighty Jinjonator. Banjo and Kazooie grab in front of themselves. If the move connects, a cutscene trigger when the opponent gets slammed on the floor of Gruntilda's Lair's rooftop, while Banjo & Kazooie evoke the Mighty Jinjonator who proceeds to hit the opponent violently multiple times.

I don't know about taunts or victory screen, but there's plenty of animations to grab those from, from both of the games.
I think this wouldn't be well-balanced at all, but I'd like to see something in this spirit, to really highlight the fact that they're a duo fighitng as a singular entity, and to reference the highest possible number of abilities from the original games. After all, Banjo & Kazooie became famous for their vast arsenal of moves and for how wacky some of those could get, I think it'd be great to represent as much of that as possible in their moveset.

Gee, I just can't wait. Let's hope the rumors turn out to be real.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
So honestly, the last 2 can be anyone at all. Personally, i hope its Shantae and then Reimu/tales of rep(hoping for Velvet but most likely its Lloyd), or Donbe and Hikari(from nintendos Onigashima game)
Tbh I would hope that shantae still has some sort of chance, especially with her new game coming out (not that it would mean anything) and y e s, reimu joining is another great female choice of mine next to shantae and kasumi.(I think I'm one of the few people who want kasumi oof.)

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I know this has been discussed to hell and back, but I think our best options for a stage are either a moving Grunty's Lair that goes through all variations and stage entrances as a big hurrah to the first game or one of the more whacky locations from Tooie (Witchyworld, Cloud Cuckooland and others).

I feel there are some truly unique locations Banjo could bring, especially because there seems to be so little variety from specific platforming series. We only have one ice stage and only two desert stages. The closest thing looking like a carnival or park is New Pork City.

Meanwhile, Mario has like 5 "plains"-themed levels, Metroid and DK almost exclusively use lava and jungle biomes, respectively. Kirby and Yoshi have some variety, but I dunno... there just seems to be so many possible themes left unused. I'm excited to see what our bear boi and bird gurl bring.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Verge backing Banjo means nothing, as far as we know. He likely knows that Shinobi is credible and is taking the opportunity to regain some credibility. I'm emotionally invested in E3 now as well, but I don't think we should treat Banjo as 100% confirmed, yet, because I can already see the reactions for if he's not there.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Verge backing Banjo means nothing, as far as we know. He likely knows that Shinobi is credible and is taking the opportunity to regain some credibility. I'm emotionally invested in E3 now as well, but I don't think we should treat Banjo as 100% confirmed, yet, because I can already see the reactions for if he's not there.
On one hand, I completely agree - I've made it a point on a personal level to be completely prepared for the scenario in which we get Steve instead, or the one in which we get just Erdrick and we're left in limbo for several more months.

But on the other hand, IT'S TOO LATE. THERE IS NO TURNING BACK.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
EDIT: Sabi said Verge's source for Banjo is legit. I believe him because of that.

Ok first off Christian Gnostic kung fu Pinocchio is the best damn description of Geno I've ever heard

Second of all it's totally understandable, take it from the chick who used to hate Geno's guts once upon a time

Third

That is the best description of Geno I've ever heard
I'm honored! :grin:

I certainly never hated Geno, but I did think it was kinda funny that so many people wanted that one semi-obscure character. This was back in the Brawl pre-release when there were far fewer Nintendo classics in the game.

I don't think it should be physically possible to even utter the words "kung fu Pinocchio" without being immediately struck by how much that concept does in fact scream Smash.
Okay, fair enough. In fact, I've already formulated his specials:

• Neutral B: Geno Beam
  • Side-B: Geno Whirl
  • Up-B: Geno Boost
  • Down-B: Geno Blast
  • Final Smash: Geno Flash

Azula? Is that you?
Glad someone caught the reference!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Could we put those movesets(which are extremely long posts) in spoilers, please? It's very difficult for some to read while on mobile as is.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say guys, say that there is only one fighter character for the Fighters Pass at E3. Do you think the one fighter would be Banjo-Kazooie? He has been heavily implied by leakers and no one said much about others like Erdrick being shown as much as the duo if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Say guys, say that there is only one fighter character for the Fighters Pass at E3. Do you think the one fighter would be Banjo-Kazooie? He has been heavily implied by leakers and no one said much about others like Erdrick being shown as much as the duo if I recall correctly.
I'd say it's a big question mark at the moment, honestly. It depends how you interpret the information we have. Shinobi's hint implies that Banjo is both in and at E3, or at least implies that that's what he thinks based on what he knows. But we've been hearing about Erdrick for more than half a year now, so... why wouldn't he be all finished and ready to either show off or release?

Both seems possible, but then we get into time management/"Where-do-you-put-all-this-Smash-news-in-the-Direct?" issues.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'll start by stating I believe we'll get 2 revealed at E3 but if it were to be 1 for some reason, I'd say it's likely to be Banjo & Kazooie just because of the talk over the last few days.

D

Deleted member

I have made my choice for my profile. The suggestions were nice, but i have something that else in mind that.......suits me (or more accuaratelly it does not suits me)
He used exactly that same phrase to tease Smash before it was announced, yes.

He’s got too much credibility to do something that flippant.
Part of me believes that if he's real if only because losing your credibility to the Smash Fanbase is.........painful to say the least. There are may members among the community that do not take it lightly when they feel "cheated"

Woman Scroned hath no fury like the Smash Fanbase after a Fake Leak.

......then again it's possible Shinobi's source was messing with him, and if so yikes i think i might start make his grave now.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
View attachment 226319
View attachment 226320

The memes from all this is going to be glorious.
I like how he acts like Banjo-Kazooie came out of no where and stole Steve's roster spot, When Banjo-Kazooie (1998) predates Minecraft (2009) over a decade and there was demand for them as early as Melee (2001).

I can understand wanting a character in Smash, But that hater should be grateful that his franchise is thriving and getting constant support unlike fans of Banjo-Kazooie who have been through hell for nearly 20 years and now looks like their finally getting a big juicy bone thrown at them in the form of a roster spot in Super Smash Bros and as awesome as Smash is, The franchise is still in hibernation as we are still waiting for a proper follow up to Banjo-Tooie (2000).

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I feel like people thought Erdrick would be next based on many assumptions a) The rumors are true, b) Erdrick is Brave, c) Brave will be revealed next. But they're assumptions, and if they're wrong, then it's open. I feel like Banjo & Kazooie would be ideal for an E3 reveal given the demographics, but Nintendo could pull a Nintendo and only reveal Erdrick. And, of course, the wild card is a character could be revealed that's neither of them.

I think it's highly unlikely we'll get two reveals, or a reveal during the tournament. The best bet is one reveal, during the Direct.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I like how he acts like Banjo-Kazooie came out of no where and stole Steve's roster spot, When Banjo-Kazooie (1998) predates Minecraft (2009) over a decade and there was demand for them as early as Melee (2001).

I can understand wanting a character in Smash, But that hater should be grateful that his franchise is current and thriving unlike fans of Banjo-Kazooie who have been through hell for nearly 20 years and now looks like their finally getting a big juicy bone thrown at them in the form of a roster spot in Super Smash Bros and as awesome as Smash, The franchise is still in hibernation as we are still waiting for a proper dollow up to Banjo-Tooie.(2000)
Minecraft isn't going anywhere. It's not like it's gonna drop off the face of the earth if it's not represented in smash. Fans have access to so many perks and benefits that banjo fans (and fans of other game franchises) would kill for.

If our boy is truly here, this is the first time in years we finally have something to look forward to.

Edit: If you think about it, we've been suffering longer than mincraft has existed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like people thought Erdrick would be next based on many assumptions a) The rumors are true, b) Erdrick is Brave, c) Brave will be revealed next. But they're assumptions, and if they're wrong, then it's open. I feel like Banjo & Kazooie would be ideal for an E3 reveal given the demographics, but Nintendo could pull a Nintendo and only reveal Erdrick. And, of course, the wild card is a character could be revealed that's neither of them.

I think it's highly unlikely we'll get two reveals, or a reveal during the tournament. The best bet is one reveal, during the Direct.
Your points are fair, since a single reveal is still possible even if I also find two likely.

This will basically be a matter of time.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

I can understand wanting a character in Smash, But that hater should be grateful that his franchise is thriving and getting constant support unlike fans of Banjo-Kazooie who have been through hell for nearly 20 years and now looks like their finally getting a big juicy bone thrown at them in the form of a roster spot in Super Smash Bros and as awesome as Smash is, The franchise is still in hibernation as we are still waiting for a proper follow up to Banjo-Tooie (2000).
Using Fred Flintstone being angry is a pretty accurate representation of his anger.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
With the exception to the Erdrick fans out there, I think it would be nice if the Swuare rep was Crono instead. No one reps the early 90s bond between Nintendo and Square better

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Your points are fair, since a single reveal is still possible even if I also find two likely.

This will basically be a matter of time.
And by "time," I would like to remind the class that we mean A MERE FIVE DAYS, MAXIMUM. It may feel like an eternity, but we are less than a week away from discovering our immediate fate, for better or for worse.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And by "time," I would like to remind the class that we mean A MERE FIVE DAYS, MAXIMUM. It may feel like an eternity, but we are less than a week away from discovering our immediate fate, for better or for worse.
Man, it has felt like an eternity, and with 5 days left, it still feels like an eternity. Good thing this eternity will have its end, though.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Uh-oh, the hype train appears to be losing some steam. Time for another conversation-restarter!

Let's say they announce Banjo-Threeie at E3. What kinds of worlds do you want to see in it?

Here are some ideas:

• Asian world
  • Space/futuristic world
  • Oil rig
  • Medieval castle/manor
  • New Donk City

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Uh-oh, the hype train appears to be losing some steam. Time for another conversation-restarter!

Let's say they announce Banjo-Threeie at E3. What kinds of worlds do you want to see in it?

Here are some ideas:

• Asian world
  • Space/futuristic world
  • Oil rig
  • Medieval castle/manor
  • New Donk City
City, power plant, perhaps even an arcade themed level.

The shorter the time gap is, the longer it feels like.
No kidding, man!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah I say Banjo is the E3 reveal and is released in August alongside Rare Replay. Erdrick is the September reveal and is launched in October/November (the same month DQ11 launches). And then characters 4 & 5 are revealed in December and released in February.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Yeah, that is true.

Planet Cool Planet Cool for more ideas, how about a romance themed park, an ice palace, a sewer and an archaeological dig site?
We already have a sewer in Clanker's Cavern. A fossil-strewn place kind of like the Cliff from DKC Returns might be cool. I'm trying to think of classic video game settings that the Banjo series hasn't touched yet. What would the romance-themed park be like?

Top Bottom