• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

If Banjo gets in, I don't even know what I'll do with myself. I've been so dead-set on him never coming back and have been in the acceptance period for so long. My hopes were banked on Geno for Smash in terms of my most wanteds because Banjo felt just that unrealistic to me... but I wanted the bear and bird duo more and for longer than Geno. I've wanted them since Smash 64 when I was a young'un.

If we get that guh-huh and breeeeeeeee goodness at E3, I will explode. If we don't, then eh, I was in the acceptance period anyway, so it won't hurt much, but if we do? If we DO?

Someone will need to chain me down before I rocket through the roof.
Oval, we're about to lose it over a bear and bird being revealed in a video game. It's time, finally!

D

Deleted member

After Banjo & Kazooie?
I have nothing left to ask for. It's expected Erdrick will get in, King K Rool is already in, and Bomberman is an assist trophy. I can pretty much never need a Smash 6 for a looooooong time.

Last edited by a moderator:

yani

Smash Lord
After Banjo, the only characters that are missing for me are Dixie Kong and Bomberman. Banjo's inclusion would make me the happiest by far.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So after Banjo & Kazooie, who will be y'all's number 1 wanted character? For me it's Goemon.
Only Geno. Shadow is another one I really want, but he's at least got relevance every hecking where, so I can do without him, so... just Geno. If after Banjo, we ever get Geno, I will literally never ask Sakurai for anything again.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
still though.. you guys should hype responsable ... i mean.. i hyped responsible for simon even if he was almost 100% confirmed...

(and then nintendo actually leaked him themselves *facepalm* )

just, no hate for the other characters if the guy doesnt get in. (specially not steve which i still think would be a very fun, iconic and interesting pick)

D

Deleted member

still though.. you guys should hype responsable ... i mean.. i hyped responsible for simon even if he was almost 100% confirmed...

(and then nintendo actually leaked him themselves *facepalm* )

just, no hate for the other characters if the guy doesnt get in. (specially not steve which i still think would be a very fun, iconic and interesting pick)
Hyping responsable is always necessary.

I honestly know this beforehand as someone who used to find Shadow highly likely before DLC.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Only Geno. Shadow is another one I really want, but he's at least got relevance every hecking where, so I can do without him, so... just Geno. If after Banjo, we ever get Geno, I will literally never ask Sakurai for anything again.

[Obligatory visual aid].

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Never played a Banjo game before in my life due to my lack of an N64 growing up, but I'm still wishing you guys the best in getting your character soon. :-P
One great thing about Banjo coming to Smash is that it'll encourage a lot of people who didn't play the games in their heyday (Gen-Z kids, PlayStation kids, etc.) to check out the games and finally see what all the fuss is about. Banjo and Kazooie are going to get a massive popularity spike after this. And not just because that happens to basically every character that comes to Smash.

View attachment 226319
View attachment 226320

The memes from all this is going to be glorious.
"Let us win?" Silly child. You were never even a player.

Doesn't he mean "millennials"? The ones who want Steve are Gen Z.
Gen-Z kids saw us millennials (correctly) calling our parents "boomers" on social media and, not being too bright, thought it was a catch-all term for old people. They're all aware of what the word actually means by now, by the way, but have to keep using it wrong anyway so it looks like it was always an intentional meme. Kind of like when a cat misses a jump and then struts off like it meant to do that.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
According to the internet. Anyone over the age of 21 is a boomer. Anyone under the age of 55 is a millennial.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Top 10 Most Requested huh? Here's mine excluding Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes which I consider to be hard deconfirms.

1. Andy (Advance Wars)
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Elma
5. Scorpion/Sub-Zero
6. Heihachi
7. Lloyd Irving
8. Bandana Dee
9. Mike Jones (Startropics)
10. Raichu (Pikachu semi-clone)

If deconfirms were included, Isaac would be No. 2 and Lyn, Bomberman, and Waluigi would be in the Top 10. All my picks aside from the Top 3 are soft wants and the only character that I really REALLY want is Andy from Advance Wars.

That being said of course, i'm still super hyped for Banjo.
View attachment 226319
View attachment 226320

The memes from all this is going to be glorious.
Man this reads like anime villain dialogue lmao.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
This continues to be the only thing I can think of when someone on the internet calls someone else a boomer.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I already posted my top-ten list, but you know what? If Lord Sakurai actually gives me Banjo, I'll reduce my top-ten to a top-two: Dixie Kong and classic Ganon.

Are there other characters I'd like? Sure. But I am luckier than most in that I got nearly every character I ever longed for between Smash 4 and Ultimate. I ain't here to be greedy. I'll take my blue robot boy, my croc, my bear and my bird and I'll ride off into the sunset.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
...Since no one answered my question, I’m just gonna assume in terms of DLC.

After Banjo, it’s just Sora and Crash I want next, I don’t care who else happens afterwards.

My dream DLC pick would be Conker.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Banjo's the only one I REALLY want. Besides that, I guess Geno I'd like. I've never played SMRPG, but he seems like a cool and unique character and would make a lot of people happy.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If Banjo & Kazooie get in, I can sit back, relax and enjoy--Banjo & Kazooie complete the Smash puzzle for me, a journey that began twenty years ago.

The only character I'd really love after Banjo would be Crash--loved playing it as a kid, prime Smash material being a video game icon, newly relevant thanks to the N-Sane trilogy, popular in both the West and the East. It would be the biggest character for the **** You Sony train, as Crash was their former mascot (not the reason Sakurai would do it, but funny nonetheless).

There are some unfortunate omissions--Bomberman, Waluigi (now that Daisy's in), Shadow and Dixie I feel should have been in. However, Banjo's all I need. The fighter pass could end there and, for me, it'd be complete. Everything after would be icing.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I've never understood why Geno is such a popular Smash contender. Super Mario RPG is a great game and Geno is a cool enough character (Christian Gnostic kung fu Pinocchio? Yes, please), but nothing about him really screams "Smash!" to me.

I will say I'd take him over Cloud as Smash's Square-Enix rep, though. And I could never say no to a kickin' Forest Maze remix.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Outside of Banjo-Kazooie, my most wanted is Shantae. Ashley was sadly deconfirmed as an assist trophy. I'd be happy if Dixie got in.

Even if I only get BK, I'll be a happy Smasher.

It's been over 20 years. They've earned their spot.

D

Deleted member

I've never understood why Geno is such a popular Smash contender. Super Mario RPG is a great game and Geno is a cool enough character (Christian Gnostic kung fu Pinocchio? Yes, please), but nothing about him really screams "Smash!" to me.

I will say I'd take him over Cloud as Smash's Square-Enix rep, though. And I could never say no to a kickin' Forest Maze remix.
Yeah, both Geno and a DQ rep would be hype as hell for me if one got in.

I would also be proud and happy for Ovaltine Ovaltine .

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So after Banjo & Kazooie, who will be y'all's number 1 wanted character? For me it's Goemon.
For me, my top 10 would look something like this:
  1. Sora
  2. Rayman
  3. Phoenix Wright
  4. Geno
  5. 2B
  6. Crash Bandicoot
  7. Bomberman
  8. Klonoa
  9. Arle Nadja
  10. Dixie Kong
Whoa, nelly, you know this game is really Ultimate when most of your list is 3rd party. K. Rool and Inkling used to be top 5 during Smash 4. And yes, that's a lot of Square reps that will probably never happen all at once XD.

Of course, the top 5 in my signature is different due mainly to a few tempered expectations regarding some of the characters. That, and this list would be a little different if we counted Echo Fighters, with Shadow, Octolings and possibly Bass.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I only want 3 characters but the only one that isn't an AT/Spirit (Isaac & Hector) is Neku Sakuraba from TWEWY, but I don't see him being likely. At this point I'm just hoping nobody I don't want gets in, like Erdrick.
Frankly the guy from Doom is a bit of a bandwagon character and was hardly mentioned before the fake 5chan leak. Where Bethesda is concerned he has stiff competition from the Skyrim guy as well.
Doomslayer is the Bethesda character I've seen with the most fan demand, even before release. And what that company has going for is that they've talked with Nintendo about Smash, which was confirmed on an interview.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I never really had a big top 10 list of wants honestly. Most of the time I focused on Ridley and k rool. And pretty much everyone I wanted was in the base game anyway. I got wolf back first, Ridley shortly after, then rool a few months later. I have a few after banjo tho.

After banjo, artorias would be my most wanted. But he's on life support now and probably not gonna make it next week. I already have a funeral planned. I'm hoping you guys will come.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If Banjo & Kazooie get in, I will honestly be completely satisfied. A game that has every veteran to ever make it into Smash along with the Inklings, Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, and possibly Banjo & Kazooie, the one pair of characters I've wanted since the N64 days?! Yes please. Although I will stand by my original list of characters consisting of Rayman, Paper Mario, Shovel Knight, Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, Krystal, Issac, Slash (Snowboard Kids), Geno/Crono, and Earthworm Jim as characters I'd be most hyped for after Banjo & Kazooie.

D

Deleted member

*sees Sabi Supporting Verge and many other sources agreeing on Banjo*

............uh.......so is there any anime grill that you guys suggest for my inevitable profile picture change?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
What's crazy is that "Only B00MERZ want Banjo!" is, as far as I can tell, a purely Ultimate phenomenon. People asked for him regularly in Smash 4 and no one gave us any grief over it. But come Ultimate and suddenly he's the lame, unlikely "boomer" choice.

I think it's because of Ridley and K. Rool, honestly. Fans of those two characters were supposed to be silly laughingstocks, so when they both got confirmed, the teenage trolls started sweating.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I never really had a big top 10 list of wants honestly. Most of the time I focused on Ridley and k rool. And pretty much everyone I wanted was in the base game anyway. I got wolf back first, Ridley shortly after, then rool a few months later. I have a few after banjo tho.

After banjo, artorias would be my most wanted. But he's on life support now and probably not gonna make it next week. I already have a funeral planned. I'm hoping you guys will come.
Eh, I think people make these for fun, not because they actually expect these characters. Wanting and expecting are very different things. For example, basically all of my wanted characters from the Brawl era (my then-top 10) are already in, Banjo is arguably the last one remaining. Which, to me, is something to be really thankful for, honestly.

The only character among that top 10 I'm really invested in right now (besides Banjo) is Phoenix Wright. The rest either has a Spirit (Geno, Rayman and Dixie), is an AT (Bomberman), has been deconfirmed (Sora) or has relatively low chances (2B, Klonoa, Arle, Crash). So at this point, the only character I'd really mind getting in is Banjo. With him and Joker, I don't think I'd care much for the rest, the Fighter's pass would already have been worth it in my eyes.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Ok first off Christian Gnostic kung fu Pinocchio is the best damn description of Geno I've ever heard

Second of all it's totally understandable, take it from the chick who used to hate Geno's guts once upon a time

Third

That is the best description of Geno I've ever heard

D

Deleted member

Ok first off Christian Gnostic kung fu Pinocchio is the best damn description of Geno I've ever heard

Second of all it's totally understandable, take it from the chick who used to hate Geno's guts once upon a time

Third

As someone who has played SMRPG on the SNES Classic, I can confirm that Geno does rock.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman

Third

I don't think it should be physically possible to even utter the words "kung fu Pinocchio" without being immediately struck by how much that concept does in fact scream Smash.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Steve will be my #1 most-wanted after B-K.

There are other characters I would love too, such as Gengar, Skull Kid, Geno, Ninten, and Porky...and I'd still want a playable Creeper.
Isaac is my number 1 along with geno and shantae. I really want more golden sun tracks in smash bros and Isaac would be an amazing fighter moveset wise!!!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That means Banjo equipped with Geno's spirit would be Christian Gnostic kung fu Pinocchio Winnie the Pooh plus presence of Birb

... and this might soon be possible

What a time to be ****ing alive.

D

Deleted member

That means Banjo equipped with Geno's spirit would be Christian Gnostic kung fu Pinocchio Winnie the Pooh plus presence of Birb

Indeed my dear Ovaltine.

And if I finally get Banjo and a DQ rep in Smash alongside the F4 in UA3 plus a new 2D Metroid at E3....
E2CD0E30-B2D3-446F-8703-0BB3C56A9B6F.jpeg

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman

If we get additional Rare spirits like, for instance, Conker, you could probably expand that further: "Filthy, foul-mouthed, alcoholic Christian Gnostic kung-fu Pinocchio Winnie the Pooh-Birb-Squirrel."

(This, of course, pretending Conker even exists in Japan).

Last edited:
Top Bottom