• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
If he does, he will try...

And he will say Minecraft is in instead...

And he will fail...

And he will be laughed at.
Yeah, that will probably happen. :) Banjo will continue to prove him wrong!

Honestly, I would LOVE to hear what he has to say about Shinobi.

If he says yeah that guy is credible, body ready!

If he says nah not that guy...Be cautious.
:) His fans will probably get really upset too.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
I'd tell you guys to temper your expectations for E3 because the duo isn't a lock, but there's no way I'd be able to do the same in your situation. A lot of stars are aligning.
But whether or not Banjo and Kazooie make it as Ultimate DLC, a very important thing to consider is how much attention they're getting. A figure, showing up in advertisements, a plush, all of that is nothing to scoff at for a dormant franchise, especially in this era of dredging up old characters and giving them new games or remasters. Look at Crash, Spyro, and Rare's very own Battletoads. And look at Microsoft's plans for E3; even if everything we're looking at now doesn't come to pass this year, they're actually buckling down and making a bunch of games. That bodes well for the future. There's also Yooka Laylee. Regardless of its quality, that kickstarter made bank. You think Microsoft doesn't have that in the back of their minds? Look at Mighty Number 9. That game was awful, but it showed Capcom how massive the demand for Mega Man was, and boom, Mega Man 11.
So don't despair if E3 comes and goes with no bear and bird, because they're absolutely going to return in some fashion in the next few years. I made this account right after the K. Rool mii costume saying the same thing about him (though his circumstances were admittedly different), and look where we are now. Everything old is new again and developers are listening to fans more than ever. A return is inevitable, it's just a question of how they'll do it and how soon they'll get here.
They'll come back. And when they do, you guys will be waiting for them.
Good luck at E3.
Yeah I know summer is more fitting but Spring both has the best music and is a period of rebirth.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

If I know Verge well, I think he will try to disconfirm Shinobi and be stubborn enough to make it so that his (Verge's) predictions are right instead. I believe he is that stubborn.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
might wanna pull the hype train brakes a bit?

Weird on how fast everyone wants to put the kibosh on Banjo ain't it?

Here's how I see it: Shinobi has basically a spotless record, he has a following, he's an admin on Restera and anyone ankle deep in the Smash scene knows that Banjo VS Steve is a hot button topic. So he says this and then completely vanishes and never addresses it again... and it's not like he dropped off the internet, he's still active on his Twitter

Ryce is right when he said that Shinobi knows exactly what he's doing by putting that kind of statement out there. It's gotten attention from the media and everyone to the point where Banjo-Kazooie is TRENDING on Twitter in Canada right now!

My point is, if Shin was just being hopeful; he would have said so by now and backtracked. Shin has a LOT to lose by outright trolling and lying to us. For one, probably losing Admin or outright banned from RE, he'd lose credibility and faith in his followers, and he'd have a VERY angry fanbase hounding him.

Plus "Simply Smashing" is a very common phrase the RE insiders use whenever teasing Smash info. Shin knows what he's doing, and he knows what he implied.

Until E3 comes and goes, or Shinobi actually addresses this, I'm still a believer

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

To be fair given his most recent track record for leaks I wouldn't peg Verg as a reliable source on who/what is credible.

StormC

Smash Hero
Reminder that Verge didn't know about K. Rool, Joker, Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus, or Richter.

He is far from the end all be all on Smash info and has a poor record of DLC leaks for other games.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If I know Verge well, I think he will try to disconfirm Shinobi and be stubborn enough to make it so that his (Verge's) predictions are right instead. I believe he is that stubborn.
Which is why there is no winning situation for Verge in this instance.

Either his stubborn attitude will out him as a jerk (which we know) and people will flag him until either is proven

Or he actually admits to Shinobi being credible and everyone will flag him for bandwagoning.

Anyhoo, Banjo and Kazooie is cool!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think we should take into consideration that if this guy said Steve we would do everything in our power to discredit him. So think about how much of this is confirmation bias and how much is legit thinking he knows what he is talking about. I know it's exciting but we shouldn't blindy follow this as fact right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PushDustIn said that Shinobi didn't leak Ridley, though. Tbh I thought I remembered a different name being associated with Ridley in terms of leaks.

But, since he's very credible, possibly has sources from multiple companies, and could get info from other ResetEra admins, I think it's possible he would hear some credible "Banjo in Smash" info. He definitely has no reason to troll or lie, and since he knows he's seen as an insider, you'd think he'd use clearer words if he was speculating.
One of the earlier Resetera Leakers to have teased Ridley was Jon Cartwright, who also forms part of Gamexplain. You see, the way Shinobi is teasing Banjo is eerly similar in the way as to how Jon teased Ridley (there was also a debate video by Gamexplain in which Jon was Pro-Ridley at the time, it's still up). Not only that, but Jon posted a video talking about the rumor, even though he doesn't post videos of this nature because Smash rumors are a dime in the dozen. Last time he did something like this was when he mentioned debunking the 5ch rumor (the one that included Erdrick, Steve, Hayabusa and Doom Guy), and another one about the Ken screenshot.....and that one was real.

You may be saying "but Jon is only a making a video, and it clearly says RUMOR", and you are right. But let me just go Tin Foil for a second.

Last year, Gamexplain did a video predicting Smash at E3 2018, and Jon literally namedrops Simon Belmont, hell he was part of the thumbnail for crying out loud. Most damning of all, he passes it off as "prediction". You know what other leak was passed as a prediction? That's right, the Sal Romano leak, where he namedropped Mega Man, "Animal Crossing Guy", Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Pac-Man and Miis as "predictions" just before E3 2013. History repeats itself. I believe that IF Banjo is in the game, he knows it and is teasing it via making a shout out to Shinobi, only calling it "Rumor" so he doesn't catch flak should it end up beign bogus (the same thing he does when he calls his predictions)

ze9

Smash Ace
Oh, come on. The guy has a reputation, why would he make a post like that if he doesn't know something?
Plus, E3 is just one week away. Some rumors may have very well already started to spread in some circles.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think we should take into consideration that if this guy said Steve we would do everything in our power to discredit him. So think about how much of this is confirmation bias and how much is legit thinking he knows what he is talking about. I know it's exciting but we shouldn't blindy follow this as fact right now.
So in other words, we got lucky, right? I wouldn't be surprised if Steve fan were trying to disprove Shinobi now.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I think we should take into consideration that if this guy said Steve we would do everything in our power to discredit him. So think about how much of this is confirmation bias and how much is legit thinking he knows what he is talking about. I know it's exciting but we shouldn't blindy follow this as fact right nowm
Agreed. If the roles were reversed, we would be crying foul.

I, personally, am doing my best to not let this cloud my judgement. BUT knowing Shinobi's record over the years and keeping tabs on it...its hard not to enjoy this for a bit.

Tomorrow I think we will be more calm...unless more craziness happens.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve or Banjo, I'd give credit to Shinobi either way.

but I guess you all know that by now.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Push trying to shut down Shinobi because "He didn't call Ridley" is really pedantic, and a sign of moving the goal posts.

Even if he didn't call Ridley, that doesn't change his basically flawless record with literally everything else

It's like doing all the chores in the house, but then your parents yell at you for not taking out the trash; just finding the one thing you DIDN'T do out of the pile of things you DID do doesn't invalidate the things you DID do

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822

Here's how I see it: Shinobi has basically a spotless record, he has a following, he's an admin on Restera and anyone ankle deep in the Smash scene knows that Banjo VS Steve is a hot button topic. So he says this and then completely vanishes and never addresses it again... and it's not like he dropped off the internet, he's still active on his Twitter

Ryce is right when he said that Shinobi knows exactly what he's doing by putting that kind of statement out there. It's gotten attention from the media and everyone to the point where Banjo-Kazooie is TRENDING on Twitter in Canada right now!

My point is, if Shin was just being hopeful; he would have said so by now and backtracked. Shin has a LOT to lose by outright trolling and lying to us. For one, probably losing Admin or outright banned from RE, he'd lose credibility and faith in his followers, and he'd have a VERY angry fanbase hounding him.

Plus "Simply Smashing" is a very common phrase the RE insiders use whenever teasing Smash info. Shin knows what he's doing, and he knows what he implied.

Until E3 comes and goes, or Shinobi actually addresses this, I'm still a believer
I doubt the dude would be banned, that's a bit much lol

But yeah, I think he wouldn't say something like that if he didn't have insider knowledge. He definitely knows something.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustin is a Steve fan. He's also not a insider or someone with access to leaks. His whole shtick is getting people to "hype responsibly". I wouldn't put too much stock into this being a deconfirm.

As people have said, Shinobi is very credible and there's little reason to believe he's trolling us or giving us misinformation. He doesn't backpedel or post vague statements like Verge.
Just want to clear something up:
Im not a "Steve fan" nor am I a "Banjo hater".

I try to take a critical look at everything. That's been my whole thing in the Smash community.

Edit: Also not trying to shut down Shinobi, I have a lot of respect for the guy. I just think people should have accurate information when talking about this.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
The thing is, if Shinobi had said Steve, it'd be his (admittedly very reliable word) against a pile of other evidence that seems to indicate Banjo. Since he said Banjo, we just add that to said pile. So yeah, we'd be griping, but the situation would also be markedly different.

ze9

Smash Ace
Push trying to shut down Shinobi because "He didn't call Ridley" is really pedantic, and a sign of moving the goal posts.

Even if he didn't call Ridley, that doesn't change his basically flawless record with literally everything else

It's like doing all the chores in the house, but then your parents yell at you for not taking out the trash; just finding the one thing you DIDN'T do out of the pile of things you DID do doesn't invalidate the things you DID do
Yeah.
There's also the fact that apparently Shinobi never leaked anything about Nintendo, but he leaked a lot of things about Microsoft... and well, if Banjo is in Smash somebody at Microsoft would have to know, I guess.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
ANOTHER thing to keep in mind: During the Grinch Leak, basically EVERY single RE Insider was fighting tooth and nail against it, Shinobi included. They know the chaos a fake leak can cause if it catches on, so would he REALLY risk a repeat of that?

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
anyone else mainless in Ultimate? I legit got no main. I do play Bowser more though but that all changes if Banjo is announced. Even if he's god awful, I'm sticking with him for life.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I mean, he throws temper tantrums whenever someone doesn't believe his leaks, soooo yeah. Just check his Twitter the day before November 1st, and there's your proof. Veggieben aside, I'm convinced that Banjo is the next character at this point. One of my good friends will buy a Switch if he makes it.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
So Banjo’s a lock now. If they don’t get announced at E3, I’ll get Piranha Plant (my most hated Smash addition) into Elite Smash. Screenshot this.

ze9

Smash Ace
anyone else mainless in Ultimate? I legit got no main. I do play Bowser more though but that all changes if Banjo is announced. Even if he's god awful, I'm sticking with him for life.
I'm putting a lot of time into Ridley. And I'd do it with Banjo, too.
But I know my one true main will forever be Lucas.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
For the time, I am. I have been waiting for some of the DLC characters until I put in the work to truly master a character.

Banjo would be THE character I would main. Joker was my pipe dream and it happened. I remember saying way back before VGA's that one of our characters will be from Atlus (or was hopeful) and welp....there you go.

Also, Lucas was my main in Sm4sh ze9 ze9

Last edited:

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Lately it seems like a trend with the new characters is getting a new mechanic. Do you think Banjo will have any unique mechanics like inkling's ink or Joker's Arsene?

Personally I could see some type of egg/feather/gold-feather management system working.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
ANOTHER thing to keep in mind: During the Grinch Leak, basically EVERY single RE Insider was fighting tooth and nail against it, Shinobi included. They know the chaos a fake leak can cause if it catches on, so would he REALLY risk a repeat of that?
I think a lot of people got pissed at them that day

So Banjo’s a lock now. If they don’t get announced at E3, I’ll get Piranha Plant (my most hated Smash addition) into Elite Smash. Screenshot this.
Until we get an announcement, nothing is a lock

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I main Sonic, Joker and King K. Rool. Maybe two of them aren't the best characters, but they are my faves.

I mean, he throws temper tantrums whenever someone doesn't believe his leaks, soooo yeah. Just check his Twitter the day before November 1st, and there's your proof. Veggieben aside, I'm convinced that Banjo is the next character at this point. One of my good friends will buy a Switch if he makes it.
Wow, that guy is a real manchild with his temper tantrums.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I considered Banjo a lock BEFORE this leak.

Now I feel like the only thing that could make them more guaranteed is having Sakurai himself accidentally spill the beans on his Twitter or something

D

Deleted member

Don't forget that:

-The way Shinobi Teases Banjo is just like Jonneh teasing Ridley back in 2018 (History repeats itself)
-Jonneh did a video on Shinobi teasing Banjo. One could argue that he is using "RUMOR" on the video in a similar way as to how he passes his leaks as "predictions" (Simon, Kirby Epic Yarn 3DS, FF on Switch) plus the sole fact that he did a video on this is danming in it of itself (last time he did something like this was to decomfirm the 5Ch Leak and the Ken Leak which at the time Ken wasn't confirmed yet) so it's suscpicious that he is even doing this (the Grinch Hoax video was done by Derrick instead of Jon and they were quick ad trying to debuking it)

Last edited by a moderator:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555

Nah, I've mained Olimar Since brawl, Pikmin is my favorite Nintendo Franchise, and I do play Inkling as Splatoon is another favorite of mine.

but I'll drop both in an instant if it means Banjo is playable man.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, but as has been said, Shinobi is credible. He doesn't pull this vague **** like Verge. He also has no obligation to share his information with the other admins and for all we know his source only talked to him. That's probably a smart idea as the source doesn't want to be blabbing to a whole bunch of people and risk being caught and lose their job. We should keep an eye on Shinobi to see if he backtracks or clarifies, but so far he hasn't, and until he does I don't have any reason not to trust him.

Monkey pretty much covers everything else I wanted to say.

Also this. Doesn't RE have a policy of banning fake leaks on their site?

ze9

Smash Ace
Also, Lucas was my main in Sm4sh ze9 ze9
Oh, that's great to hear! I spent an ungodly amount of hours on Smash 4 Lucas.
I've had some trouble adjusting to his Ultimate incarnation, but now I think he's as great as ever. He just fits my playstyle like a glove.

Lately it seems like a trend with the new characters is getting a new mechanic. Do you think Banjo will have any unique mechanics like inkling's ink or Joker's Arsene?

Personally I could see some type of egg/feather/gold-feather management system working.
I don't know... I think I'd prefer B-K to be on the simpler side. I'm not even sure if I want them to shoot any eggs besides the blue ones.
But I could see a management mechanic for the golden feathers. If they're as OP as they are in the original games, that'd be pretty necessary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom