• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ultimate in general feels like a miracle. The Everyone is here, Ridley & K. Rool, the fact that it is the biggest crossover in gaming, Piranha Plant... Banjo is just the cherry on top.
A watermelon-sized cherry.
Ultimate really feels like Sakurai's swan song to the Smash fanbase. Given how much fanservice is in this game and a lot the things people requested for are in (at least in some capacity). Sakurai also made an attempt to get a lot of cut ideas from previous games like Ditto and Sukapon in to Ultimate. And well Banjo as well kinda since Sakurai prob wanted him in Melee lol.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
*cough* Alright, just gonna leave this here…
View attachment 225934
Polarpanda got this new teaser picture (remember the blue crab teaser picture for link's awakening? yeah, this was from the same source of hers).

Make out of it what you will… ;) I think it's pretty clear what it implies with a witch + "puzzle"… (or this is something else entirely and I'm being fooled completely… but I doubt it, it's a very direct hint this time, imo)
Reminder that this is also a thing now. Not just the resetera admin

Bubblestand

Smash Cadet
So I last checked this thread around 12:30pm this afternoon. Then I get home from work and.....12....pages....

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, what do you guys think will be the victory theme that plays when the duo win a match?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I Checked to tweet and the dates are wrong! the photo the nintendo direct reads 3.8.2018 translating March 8th,2018 the date of the tweet is also from the same day.
That tweet was posted right before the Nintendo Direct that featured the Teaser Trailer for Smash Ultimate, and as it shows, that Shinobi guy used the exact same wording then that he did now. That was the point of bringing that tweet up.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Say, what do you guys think will be the victory theme that plays when the duo win a match?
I'd say a remixed version of either the "Collected a Jiggy" jingle or the "Got All Jiggies/Opened Note Door" jingle; personally, I'm hoping for the former.

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
I've always said Grunty would be a highly requested character if Banjo was a character in Smash since Melee and never went to Microsoft
Yeah seriously, if they'd stayed Grunty would be requested as a counterpart for Banjo in the same way Ridley and K. Rool were requested as villain counterparts for Samus and Dong. Like DeDeDe and Meta Knight for Kirby.

Where is Banjo & Kazooie going to be on the mural? And what will they be doing on it?
Imagine if Sakurai and friends stick them in the same place as they were on the Grinch leak banner...

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Was about to post that!

I could see that as well. I am wondering if they keep the original since it kind of goes nicely with Smash Ultimate's victory fanfare timer or make a remixed one?
I hope it's an orchestrated remix, Gangplank Galleon style. I hope his other tracks get the same treatment, especially Click Clock Wood

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
For their Punch-Out!! arena name what about just The Bear and the Bird?

I get it's not super exciting but it is how they've been termed collectively both in game and outside of it.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
If Microsoft hadn't bought Rare, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Banjo and Kazooie, Grunty, and Mumbo would all be playable by Smash Ultimate. Maybe we'd also have a nice Jinjo assist trophy.

ze9

Smash Ace
For their Punch-Out!! arena name what about just The Bear and the Bird?

I get it's not super exciting but it is how they've been termed collectively both in game and outside of it.
I actually agree. Picture this:

Bear & Bird
BANJO-KAZOOIE

Simple. Effective. Iconic.

Substitute

Smash Apprentice
Decided to make a collage

View attachment 225938
Ryce has said that he has no idea who any of DLC characters are many times. He only closed it down early so people wouldn't go back to edit in Banjo in their predictions just in case Shinobi's teasing might be an actual leak. (basically he doesn't want anybody to get an easy $60)

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Klungo's spirit fight will be against a Dr. Mario that likes to run away and spam Megavitamins.
At times, he gets invisible or giant. After a bit, two other Dr. Marios join him.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I was on team fake when it came to the Grinch leak, but damn it, everything that's happened in the past 24 hours has made it difficult for me not to believe.

@yeet123 If you don't mind, I'd like to repost your finding with an embed

Last year, just before the Direct that would reveal Ultimate to the world with the Inkling trailer, Shinobi used the exact same phrase he teased Banjo with
Now this brings more credibility to Shinobi. He's using the exact same language with his Banjo post that he did with his original Ultimate leak.

Either this is an elaborate troll move that will forever tarnish his name, or this is looking more and more like the real deal, especially with the Sabi teases. However, he doesn't come across as the type of guy who would troll the fans like that.

Still not going all in, but I do feel that Banjo's chances are increasing by the hour.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
anyone else mainless in Ultimate? I legit got no main. I do play Bowser more though but that all changes if Banjo is announced. Even if he's god awful, I'm sticking with him for life.
Nice to see a fellow Bowser main! I have a feeling Banjo and Kazooie would either be really good or really bad competitive-wise (nothing in between).

Top Bottom