• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Alright. Congratulations! I'll concede that you're all probably getting a remake revealed at Microsoft's conference. Bravo, bravo! But a spot in Smash is a stretch, guys. Don't you think? You might need to calm down a bit so we don't have another Grinch fiasco on our hands!

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Guys, Sabi is teasing some "big stuff" on Twitter very shortly. This could be the confirmation/deconfirmation we're waiting for, or it could be something completely unrelated. Thought I'd share regardless.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

EDIT: It's apparently Pokemon Sword and Shield info from the VR Plant Leaker, but might be worth following in case they bring up Smash.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Alright. Congratulations. I'll concede that you're all probably getting a remake revealed at Microsoft's conference. Bravo, bravo! But a spot in Smash is a stretch, guys. Don't you think? You might need to calm down a bit so we don't have another Grinch fiasco on our hands!
A reputable administrator on ResetERA with previous insider leaks has hinted at Banjo being in Smash. That's the reason for the commotion today.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Guys, Sabi is teasing some "big stuff" on Twitter very shortly. This could be the confirmation/deconfirmation we're waiting for, or it could be something completely unrelated. Thought I'd share regardless.

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1136131108150452225

Still don't know how to embed tweets.
I'm almost positive that this is something to do with the Pokemon direct tomorrow.

And embedding Twitter links you click on the media button.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Alright. Congratulations. I'll concede that you're all probably getting a remake revealed at Microsoft's conference. Bravo, bravo! But a spot in Smash is a stretch, guys. Don't you think? You might need to calm down a bit so we don't have another Grinch fiasco on our hands!
How is banjo getting in more a stretch than any other possibility?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm almost positive that this is something to do with the Pokemon direct tomorrow.

And embedding Twitter links you click on the media button.
Yup, it's Pokemon. I edited my post.

I suspect we'll probably hear whatever E3 info Sabi has the night before E3 rather than sooner unless she can confirm Shinobi's info.

Why would that be a bad thing?
He could have picked that date to troll, but it is odd that he picked that date.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I thought you looked familar, Your not exactly off the hook just yet after what you said before...

I'll be excited for any character reveal at E3 as long as it isn't that dumb outdated cereal mascot which hasn't had a single decent game in nearly 20 years.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
It boggles the mind that someone thinks a Smash reveal is less likely than a whole other game.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It boggles the mind that someone thinks a Smash reveal is less likely than a whole other game.
I guess it's understandable. It's obvious that Banjo has some sort of major presence at E3. Several companies are tweeting about it. A lot of merch is being made leading up to E3. Something is up. But that doesn't mean a smash reveal.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Alright. Congratulations! I'll concede that you're all probably getting a remake revealed at Microsoft's conference. Bravo, bravo! But a spot in Smash is a stretch, guys. Don't you think? You might need to calm down a bit so we don't have another Grinch fiasco on our hands!
Got anything else to say to us?

This is yet another meaningless leak. I mean. Come on. "Some literal who just made a random prediction that Nintendo would announce Smash in that one Direct! What's that? He got it right? Wow! He must be the real deal!" You'd think Banjo fans would have learned from the Grinch leak not to prematurely get their hopes up yet again, but I guess some things never change... Steve is still more likely because he isn't a cereal mascot from a dead franchise whose fanbase already overlaps with Smash's. Honestly. Banjo sucks and is criminally overrated. He had two mediocre games on an old console nearly two decades ago... So what? They didn't do anything to revolutionize the genre, there are far better 3D games out there and I don't really

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Bro, don't get mad. That Sceptile guy's got nothing. He's obviously fallen so deep into the fandom rabbit hole that he's actually mad that another fandom might be getting something nice for a change, so he's making noise trying to bring down our morale. (Poorly, because, oops, all the facts are still on our side.)

And furthermore: Banjo rules and Steve drools.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've never understood the notion of ''I AM ANGRY AND UPSET BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE OTHER THAN ME MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN SOMETHING THEY WANT." when it comes to something as silly as a video game.

Hell, even in life.

It's never a cute look on anyone.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
This is yet another meaningless leak. I mean. Come on. "Some literal who just made a random prediction that Nintendo would announce Smash in that one Direct! What's that? He got it right? Wow! He must be the real deal!" You'd think Banjo fans would have learned from the Grinch leak not to prematurely get their hopes up yet again, but I guess some things never change... Steve is still more likely because he isn't a cereal mascot from a dead franchise whose fanbase already overlaps with Smash's. Honestly. Banjo sucks and is criminally overrated. He had two mediocre games on an old console nearly two decades ago... So what? They didn't do anything to revolutionize the genre, there are far better 3D games out there and I don't really
>Backs Steve
>Cereal Mascot
>Dead Franchise
>Two Mediocre games
>Banjo sucks

Oh yeah...sounds like a 4chan troll to me! Here, let me grab this for you, buddy. Your gonna need a big one for the orbital dunking you are gonna get.
flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

I don't care how you or anyone thinks of me, this retribution has been a loooooong time coming. I know we aren't supposed to feed you trolls, but honestly, I don't care, im gonna spend a loooong time enjoying this. TheCJBrine TheCJBrine Im sorry bro...I know you like Steve....But I have to let this out one way or another. Know I still love you, little bro.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I agree that ResetEra is a joke that should be avoided like the plague but damn man you got some bad taste ****ting on Banjo while rocking that meme plant profile pic lol
The plant is cool. A decade of having children crap on our bear bro should teach us not to sling bile at other people's favorite characters. Unless it's Steve, of course, who flat-out sucks and isn't even a real character.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Sceptile is one of my all time favorite Pokemon and it's a shame some "Blockhead/Banjo-Kazooie hater" had to use his name as part of his profile.

Why don't you go crawling to Steve's thread instead of invading ours?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Heading to bed Banjoroos! Hopefully nothing to crazy happens while I sleep.

E3 is less than a week now! And Pokemon news tomorrow.

Good night y'all!

EDIT: Also, don't overfeed the trolls! We need them for the grand feast next week.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

Good night y'all!
Eh, we'll know if something crazy happens if 5-6 new pages spring up by the time one wakes up

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
The plant is cool. A decade of having children crap on our bear bro should teach us not to sling bile at other people's favorite characters. Unless it's Steve, of course, who flat-out sucks and isn't even a real character.
Can you really call Plant a real character though?

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Good N

Good night y'all!

EDIT: Also, don't overfeed the trolls! We need them for the grand feast next week.
Good Night! Can’t wait to see Banjo next week!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Maybe don't use homophobic slurs, dog.

It's certainly full of charm and personality. I love its up taunt, where it grins cockily and almost looks like its winking. They honestly packed more character into ol' P-Plant than into some of the more human/humanlike characters like Samus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
As much as this new info excites me, let's keep the hype in check. God forbid we start running victory laps only to fall flat on our face in the end.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Maybe don't use homophobic slurs, dog.

It's certainly full of charm and personality. I love its up taunt, where it grins cockily and almost looks like its winking. They honestly packed more character into ol' P-Plant than into some of the more human/humanlike characters like Samus.
Sorry man, it’s just like why do you have to come here and do that, it’s really uncool

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
No worries, brother. I was kind of upset for a moment too, but really, he's only acting out because he sees that he's losing. No reason for us to be angry.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Seriously though guys don't get too confident here. I was dumb enough to think we were actually getting a Zelda newcomer with Skull Kid. Banjo and Kazooie have been one of my most wanted 3rd party characters since Brawl introduced the idea (along with Bomberman but uh...yeah). I'm not letting myself get burned like that again. It's best to just assume that remakes of the N64 games are happening instead of Smash, which would honestly be pretty freaking amazing in it's own right.

You can be excited but just keep in mind that Sakurai is genuinely out of touch enough to think a B-K mii costume would be good enough. But if it's actually true then for the first time since the August direct I'll actually be excited about a newcomer for this game.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
As much as this new info excites me, let's keep the hype in check. God forbid we start running victory laps only to fall flat on our face in the end.
I'm as hyped as the next person, But we definitely want to keep our hype and expectations in check, I'd hate for us to get really cocky and end up with nothing, Only to give haters ammo to use against us.

StormC

Smash Hero
We don't need to constantly bash Steve either. I don't want him either but I think it's unbecoming to get cocky and mock other characters who a lot of people want for genuine reasons.

Just like our friend proved, all characters have annoying fans.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I agree that keeping our expectations in check is probably a good idea, but if there's ever a time for Banjo and Kazooie to get into Smash, it's now. I say that partly because of the growing pile of hints and evidence and partly because, so far, Smash Ultimate's been all about giving fans what they want. I know that once a character is announced/confirmed, people celebrate for like a week and then it's "Yeah, whatever," but Ridley, Simon, King K. Rool, even Dark Samus and Chrom all in one game is the kind of dream scenario that just couldn't happen until now. It is the season of unreasonable wishes coming true.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yes, by definition, Piranha Plant is a character. He may lack "character" and not be of typical literary "character" origin, but he's at least as much of a character as: :ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultjigglypuff::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultmewtwo::ultvillager::ultinkling::ultgnw:

Last edited:
Top Bottom