• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ze9

Smash Ace
The next MS character in line after Banjo is Master Chief anyway

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If not Chief, there are other Rare characters and Cuphead too.
How many of those Rare characters have influence in Japan though? Conkers Bad Fur Day was never even released in that country.

Heck, Banjo outsold the best selling Halo game there so I honestly don't think Chief has much of chance.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Cuphead is not a M$ character he is an indie character funded by M$ & if shovle knight & sauntae didn't get in playable cuphead wont ether

IDK WHY people talk as if cuphead has a chance ? just B/C the creator of cuphead wants him in means nothing LOTS of companys want there characters in smash

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
How many of those Rare characters have influence in Japan though? Conkers Bad Fur Day was never even released in that country.
Perfect Dark is very popular in Japan. Conker lacked a presence (Live and Reloaded DID release in Japan but it was on xbox so probably not significant) but you've also got Battletoads at the very least.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Dunno, I think the next Rare character should just be Dixie.
I honestly wish we had gotten Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong as a tag team duo like Sakurai originally intended for Brawl. It feels like a really cool gimmick that would mimic their gameplay in Diddy Kong's Quest and allow for different attacks for both of them, Dixie obviously using her hair while Diddy retains his special moves. I wouldn't want them to remove the Banana Peel though since its incredibly useful, so maybe there could be another control option to allow them to switch. And I would also like it since it wouldn't necessarily take up another character slot. But if anything, Dixie should've been in a long time ago and should be the next Rare character if Banjo & Kazooie make it in, who also should've been in a LONG time ago.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I honestly wish we had gotten Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong as a tag team duo like Sakurai originally intended for Brawl. It feels like a really cool gimmick that would mimic their gameplay in Diddy Kong's Quest and allow for different attacks for both of them, Dixie obviously using her hair while Diddy retains his special moves. I wouldn't want them to remove the Banana Peel though since its incredibly useful, so maybe there could be another control option to allow them to switch. And I would also like it since it wouldn't necessarily take up another character slot. But if anything, Dixie should've been in a long time ago and should be the next Rare character if Banjo & Kazooie make it in, who also should've been in a LONG time ago.
Agree.
I don't actually like the tag team idea that much, because I feel it would kind of downplay both Diddy and Dixie, when they're both perfectly capable of standing on their own.
But I'd take her even as a semi-clone at this point. Especially if Banjo really is in, Dixie feels like the only glaring omission left in Smash's roster.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If Dixie was in without the tag-team mechanic, I think the Animal Buddies could provide her with interesting specials. I feel a distinct lack of barrels in DK's moveset (cannons, transformation or others), so maybe Dixie could cover that?

Anyway, on the topic of Banjo promotion and possibly something coming: one thing that makes me thoughtful is the topic of Grant Kirkhope. Since he no longer works with Rare, this means that if a remake (nevermind Banjo in Smash) is coming, he wouldn't be the one to work on the scores... which makes me a little bit sad, honestly. I know this has been talked about, but I'd like to ask: how would you guys feel about a Banjo remake without Kirkhope?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I mean, I would have bet money that Dixie would make it in even as an echo before Dark Samus was added, especially since Dixie came back from a hiatus around Smash 4's development.

I would say that her exclusion is shocking considering all the factors lined up for her to be added.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Pokemon fans, Don't forget that the Pokemon Direct starts in 30 Minutes !!!

AM Time (6:00PT/8:00CT/9:00ET)

Last edited:

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Cuphead is not a M$ character he is an indie character funded by M$ & if shovle knight & sauntae didn't get in playable cuphead wont ether

IDK WHY people talk as if cuphead has a chance ? just B/C the creator of cuphead wants him in means nothing LOTS of companys want there characters in smash
Same. couldnt agree more! When someone mentions cuphead as even a remote possiblity i squint at my screen shake my head in disbelief. Not to mention its just ONE game that came out very recently, who knows his staying power. Master chief and creeper would be the two iconic characters i'd guess theyd go for without banjo since it seems like they don't really see steve as more than just a skin.

Also I just wanted to say i'm very excited, but its a bit disappointing to see a few people taking this "win" with little grace. Throwing shade at steve fans (who already just took a big loss) is pretty cringy and I hope we can show more class when he's officially revealed.

An eye for an eye would leave the whole world blind. Just because someone is crappy doesn't mean you should be crappy right back at them.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I mean, I would have bet money that Dixie would make it in even as an echo before Dark Samus was added, especially since Dixie came back from a hiatus around Smash 4's development.

I would say that her exclusion is shocking considering all the factors lined up for her to be added.
Smash 4's treatment of DKC in general was really weird.
No Dixie, no K. Rool, barely anything new in general, those 10 or something new remixes of Jungle Hijinx despite the series' musical quality and variety. It felt like they wanted to treat it like an unimportant footnote of the Mario series.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Smash 4's treatment of DKC in general was really weird.
No Dixie, no K. Rool, barely anything new in general, those 10 or something new remixes of Jungle Hijinx despite the series' musical quality and variety. It felt like they wanted to treat it like an unimportant footnote of the Mario series.
Yea, DK and Metroid to a lesser extent were both treated poorly, particularly for 2 franchises that have been there since Smash 64. A bad rivalry formed between them and FE formed concerning FE's large influx of characters for 4.

Thankfully, Ultimate helped fix DK and Metroid's representation. Now if only they gave Yoshi Kamek and F-Zero even an echo just to get reps.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Looks like LeakyPandy is jumping on the Banjo bandwagon. Now we just need to see if VeggieBurger either doubles down on Erdrick (and potentially Steve) or if he also jumps on board the bandwagon.

I'm also curious to see how much the VR Plant Leaker gets right in the Pokemon Direct, not that I particularly care about Pokemon. They're definitely someone worth paying attention to. Maybe they're Shinobi's source?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Looks like LeakyPandy is jumping on the Banjo bandwagon. Now we just need to see if VeggieBurger either doubles down on Erdrick (and potentially Steve) or if he also jumps on board the bandwagon.

I'm also curious to see how much the VR Plant Leaker gets right in the Pokemon Direct, not that I particularly care about Pokemon. They're definitely someone worth paying attention to. Maybe they're Shinobi's source?
Vergeben's latest post on GameFAQs showed he was still expecting Minecraft content.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
VR Plant leaker got everything right...

Might want to take a day off the internet the day before E3.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Vergeben's latest post on GameFAQs showed he was still expecting Minecraft content.
I see that's the hill he's choosing to die on even though it still hasn't happened.

I'll trust a more credible leaker like Shinobi, thanks.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Uh guys...Source Nintendo predicted Sword & Shield release November 15th...and uh, the games release November 15th... That someone got one right...

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well the Pokemon Sword and Shield Direct was amazing! I'm hoping what they showed of the Pokemon walking around means random encounters are out and we can see Pokemon just in the world waiting to be challenged and captured! Also really loved the new Pokemon we got to see, including the two legendaries! Kind of a shame they're similar in design, but they're both wolves so that's pretty cool!

Also Drednaw and Corviknight are amazinggggg and I want them on my team now

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I see that's the hill he's choosing to die on even though it still hasn't happened.

I'll trust a more credible leaker like Shinobi, thanks.
To be fair, Minecraft content and Minecraft playable are two different things. They could very easily reveal Minecraft Mii outfits. And while they said every new character gets a stage and music, it wasn't specified we wouldn't get standalone stages for franchises.

So playable Banjo on a Minecraft stage is a possible timeline.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Well the Pokemon Sword and Shield Direct was amazing! I'm hoping what they showed of the Pokemon walking around means random encounters are out and we can see Pokemon just in the world waiting to be challenged and captured! Also really loved the new Pokemon we got to see, including the two legendaries! Kind of a shame they're similar in design, but they're both wolves so that's pretty cool!
I got kind of got chills in my spine when they showed off the open area with all the Pokemon roaming around and it was exciting to see the new Pokemon as well too.

One Word: Dynamax Mode !!!

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I'm not super sure how I feel about the B I G Pokemon mechanic, to be honest, as I'm not generally a fan of their generational gimmicks, but given that it's limited to three turns and every Pokemon can do it, so it's not as restrictive as Mega Evolution, I'd say it's the best I could have asked for, as far as being unobtrusive goes. Hopefully it feels less gimmicky in practice.

Other than that, I really do like the legendaries; don't even mind their overall similarity. That box art, though? Uh, I sure hope that's not final.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm hoping that, if there is Minecraft content, it's a stage released alongside Banjo and whatever the Banjo-Kazooie stage is (Spiral Mountain?). I know that going by what would make the character/stage select screen a square or rectangle is not the best way to speculate (otherwise, Melee would have two more characters, and the 3DS version of Smash would have either had more characters in the base game or less as DLC), but with the fighter's pass stages taken into account, they're one stage short of pulling that off.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm not super sure how I feel about the B I G Pokemon mechanic, to be honest, as I'm not generally a fan of their generational gimmicks, but given that it's limited to three turns and every Pokemon can do it, so it's not as restrictive as Mega Evolution, I'd say it's the best I could have asked for, as far as being unobtrusive goes. Hopefully it feels less gimmicky in practice.

Other than that, I really do like the legendaries; don't even mind their overall similarity. That box art, though? Uh, I sure hope that's not final.
When I saw that mode, I was thinking the con against it to balance it would be similar to FFVII's Cait Sith's limit break. He grows and replaces the other party members in a battle. However, should he die, its game over.

ze9

Smash Ace
Yea, DK and Metroid to a lesser extent were both treated poorly, particularly for 2 franchises that have been there since Smash 64. A bad rivalry formed between them and FE formed concerning FE's large influx of characters for 4.

Thankfully, Ultimate helped fix DK and Metroid's representation. Now if only they gave Yoshi Kamek and F-Zero even an echo just to get reps.
Yeah, I must admit I was very salty about the way Smash 4 turned out.
Not only DK and Metroid got treated very poorly, but also Starfox and Mother (until the DLC) actually lost content between Brawl and Smash 4. The other classic franchises except for Mario and Pokèmon barely got anything (and Pokèmon still had to face cuts), and then you had Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem absolutely drowning in new content for basically no reason.

Thankfully it's all in the past now.
DKC is still missing Dixie, but all my other gripes got fixed, and Metroid's representation is now actually perfect, apart from Dark Samus being an echo. But she's still awesome, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm hoping that, if there is Minecraft content, it's a stage released alongside Banjo and whatever the Banjo-Kazooie stage is (Spiral Mountain?). I know that going by what would make the character/stage select screen a square or rectangle is not the best way to speculate (otherwise, Melee would have two more characters, and the 3DS version of Smash would have either had more characters in the base game or less as DLC), but with the fighter's pass stages taken into account, they're one stage short of pulling that off.
Yeah, I've always felt this is the best way to go. I'll go full prediction mode here:

Minecraft stage gets offered outside of the Fighter's Pass, and as a freebie to NSO subscribers to try and push the service a bit harder like they've been trying to do lately

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
To be fair, Minecraft content and Minecraft playable are two different things. They could very easily reveal Minecraft Mii outfits. And while they said every new character gets a stage and music, it wasn't specified we wouldn't get standalone stages for franchises.

So playable Banjo on a Minecraft stage is a possible timeline.
I'm happy with playable Banjo, but it would be weird to have him and not have a stage that represents his franchise. If we are getting this fabled Minecraft content, I'm more inclined to believe that it's Mii costumes rather than a stage or character. I think costumes would be the best way to represent it.

This is of course assuming that Verge is right. He's been saying Minecraft content for months and it still hasn't happened. It could very well be leakbait.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
So why exactly does everyone seem so positive Erdrick is a fighter exactly? He sounds like leak bait if anything given there's no concrete evidence.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If Banjo gets in Smash that doesn't necessarily mean he will come with anything but Banjo content. I really don't expect him to fly the flag for all of Microsoft.

He'd be more likely to come with other Rare content honestly.

Like Conker, Battletoads, Perfect Dark Mii costumes. A Minecraft stage could come at any time as a separate thing.

So why exactly does everyone seem so positive Erdrick is a fighter exactly? He sounds like leak bait if anything given there's no concrete evidence.
Tansut is why.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Direct for Pokemon games taking place in a region based on England so close to all these rumours for characters created by British company Rare.

Coincidence?

Yes but could you imagine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom