• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'm not super sure how I feel about the B I G Pokemon mechanic, to be honest, as I'm not generally a fan of their generational gimmicks, but given that it's limited to three turns and every Pokemon can do it, so it's not as restrictive as Mega Evolution, I'd say it's the best I could have asked for, as far as being unobtrusive goes. Hopefully it feels less gimmicky in practice.

Other than that, I really do like the legendaries; don't even mind their overall similarity. That box art, though? Uh, I sure hope that's not final.
Personally, I think they should focus more on things the series already has instead of adding a new battle gimmick every gen. We already have things like adding new evolutions to old Pokémon, Mega Evolution, regional variants and Z-Moves.

That said, how long do you think it will be before we get B E E G memes for every Pokémon?

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
So why exactly does everyone seem so positive Erdrick is a fighter exactly? He sounds like leak bait if anything given there's no concrete evidence.
I think it's sort of been a self-perpetuating thing. Verg, and subsequently lots of "leakers" and "insiders" claimed that Erdrick was in, and that, in conjunction with the fact that the codename "Brave" lines up pretty much perfectly with his inclusion, makes it at least appear that those people have the right idea.

Additionally, Dragon Quest is having a hell of a year, from the announcement of DQXII to their weird not-Pokemon-Go, as well as the Switch ports of Builders 2 and DQXI. All of that makes it seem like, if Square Enix is going to get a rep, Dragon Quest is where it's coming from.

But like you said, there's really no concrete evidence one way or another, as far as I'm concerned, so for me it's pretty much "wait and see."

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot about Tansut. He's the one who clarified gender variants for DQ's rep, right?

Last edited:

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
So why exactly does everyone seem so positive Erdrick is a fighter exactly? He sounds like leak bait if anything given there's no concrete evidence.
Other than unreliable people saying he's in i feel like its just like a case of human hivemind where enough people are thinking it makes sense and seems likely. I could totally see this being a case of leakbait or just assumptions run awry. But the reason everyone believes it is because it does sound like it makes a lot of sense.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
"Brave" was found in a datamine as part of the list of Smash Ultimate's playable characters, along with "Jack" (which turned out to be Joker - the codename could apply to playing cards, the phrase "Jack of All Trades", or Jack Frost, Atlus's mascot), and the hero class in Dragon Quest is named "Brave" in the Japanese versions.

Brave could apply to any number of heroic characters, but a Dragon Quest character seems pretty likely given that they're already working with Square-Enix for Smash, Nintendo publishes a lot of the Dragon Quest games outside of Japan, and Dragon Quest is a huge and incredibly influential franchise as far as JRPGs go. Dragon Quest 3 is particularly influential, which is why Erdrick in particular is speculated so often.

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
1st line
Ok some legit info, what's the rest of the post
2nd line
YESZ!
3rd line
NOOOO!
Okay, now we decide if, because this is 4chan, the dude is using legit info mixed with false info to troll people, or if WE ARE ALL DOOMED.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
1st line
Ok some legit info, what's the rest of the post
2nd line
YESZ!
3rd line
NOOOO!
Honestly, this could mean something... or nothing. Legit stuff has been mixed with false info before in leaks. Remember the Devil May Cry V leak? Guy leaked a lot of really specific things about the game (even how the dynamic music would work and V's fighting style), but then added a false "Dante is in Smash" for the lulz.

I'm taking this the same way I took yesterday's news: could be important, but needs further confirmation. Let's not treat this stuff as auto-locks nor auto-deconfirms.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that Tansut leaked Cloud only a few hours before he was revealed, if I'm not mistaken. That's not as credible as it's hyped up to be as other people would have known about him at that time.

Since when do we take random anonymous 4Chan text leaks seriously?

I'm still much more inclined to believe someone with a credible track record as opposed to some random 4Chan troll.

andree123

Smash Ace

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Well the Pokemon Sword and Shield Direct was amazing! I'm hoping what they showed of the Pokemon walking around means random encounters are out and we can see Pokemon just in the world waiting to be challenged and captured! Also really loved the new Pokemon we got to see, including the two legendaries! Kind of a shame they're similar in design, but they're both wolves so that's pretty cool!

Also Drednaw and Corviknight are amazinggggg and I want them on my team now
Good luck trying to train that Drednaw lmao

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why trust a 4Chan leak? That would go against what Shinobi's hint on Banjo, especially this close to E3. That would mean Shinobi would be lying or trolling about Banjo, and not only does he have a spotless track record, but he isn't known for lying and wouldn't lie. Plus, there has been little, or any evidence for Doomguy at E3.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Well the Pokemon Sword and Shield Direct was amazing! I'm hoping what they showed of the Pokemon walking around means random encounters are out and we can see Pokemon just in the world waiting to be challenged and captured! Also really loved the new Pokemon we got to see, including the two legendaries! Kind of a shame they're similar in design, but they're both wolves so that's pretty cool!

Also Drednaw and Corviknight are amazinggggg and I want them on my team now
Drednaw and Corviknight were my favorite too!!! They looked so damn cool.

I actually like the Dynamax mechanic, I always loved Godzilla and King Kong size monsters going at it so seeing Pokemon grow that size and battling with each other is very freaking awesome and appealing to me .(Imagine it in the anime !!!)

Man I honestly got a tear and chills in my spine when they showed off the gorgeous open area of Pokemon and the Dynamax battle with background music playing.

Been a big diehard Pokemon fan for over 20 years since it came over from Japan in the late 90's starting with the 1st generation (I was 4-5 years old) and seeing that part of the direct really it hit me and made me feel joy and nostalgia on how far the franchise has come from it's 1st game on the 8-Bit Game boy to the 1st "Core" RPG in stunning HD in a hybrid system like the switch and I'm just happy to have grown up and be a part of it.

I cannot wait for November 15 !!!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Great, the next 6 days are going to be filled with anxiety and terror over Banjo potentially not being in Smash.

Just when I was so sure about him being in yesterday.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Who are we going to trust?

A random anonymous 4Chan troll, or an insider with an incredible track record?

I think that's the question we need to ask ourselves.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Not to mention, the 4Chan guy probably read the Pokemon info somewhere else on 4Chan and decided to use it as his own while making up fake info to go along with it.

ze9

Smash Ace
That 4chan leak apparently got posted just some minutes before the Pokèmon Direct... It may not be a big deal.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't even be mad if that leak is real. Doomguy is my second most wanted.
I think the guy just had the Pokémon information early and made up some things along the way. Didn't that happen with Dante and the DMC5 leak?

AugustusB

Smash Champion

^^^ A million times this.

Relax gang. Until Shinobi goes "Oh oops I messed up" then I really wouldn't worry too much. EDIT: Which doesn't seem likely, personally.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That 4chan leak apparently got posted just some minutes before the Pokèmon Direct... It may not be a big deal.
We're also using a tweet by Shinobi made a few minutes before the March direct with Smash to work out if Banjo is in or not.

Granted, Shinobi does have a lot more of a track record but getting stuff right shortly before a presentation airs is still getting that stuff right.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah I am more inclined to take the word of an Era admin over some 4chan poster but like, that was legit info he got right. He could have easily piggybacked off another leak (I believe there was a bigger leak before that IIRC) but the seed of doubt gets planted in my mind when something like that happens.

So yeah. I'm going to be filled with anxiety for the next 6 days. :(

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Keep in mind that Tansut leaked Cloud only a few hours before he was revealed, if I'm not mistaken. That's not as credible as it's hyped up to be as other people would have known about him at that time.

Since when do we take random anonymous 4Chan text leaks seriously?

I'm still much more inclined to believe someone with a credible track record as opposed to some random 4Chan troll.
To be fair, I think the leak happened so close due to SE's ability to prevent leaks... but then this brings into question the thing with Erdrick. Though that's an entirely different can of worms.

And say what you will about 4chan, because most textleaks there are bait, but remember that Kencineroar trailer came from a 4chan text leak that no one gave credibility to. While Shinobi is undoubtedly more credible (honestly, it's not even a contest), I also think it unwise to completely ignore any and all text leaks.

Honestly, I just want confirmation about Shinobi's "hoping" part, because the wording is strange (in other examples people posted, he always says "We are going to have a smashing time", whereas this time he's saying "I hope we have a smashing time"). If we get positive clarification on that, then I'd say we're in the clear.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Remember that the DMC5 leaker had legit info about the game, but threw in a whole bumch of fake **** about Dante being in Smash to mess with people. Im not believing that banjo is in yet but this pokemon leak doesnt mean much as of now

AugustusB

Smash Champion
We're also using a tweet by Shinobi made a few minutes before the March direct with Smash to work out if Banjo is in or not.

Granted, Shinobi does have a lot more of a track record but getting stuff right shortly before a presentation airs is still getting that stuff right.
I would take it as, they knew of the wolf's names. Would it make sense to put in other vague stuff when you clearly knew about something in such detail?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah I'd sooner trust Shinobi, but this guy so far is the only one to correctly name the legends. So it was worth sharing I thought

But the (not banjo) does seem like he's just stirring trouble

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, I think the leak happened so close due to SE's ability to prevent leaks... but then this brings into question the thing with Erdrick. Though that's an entirely different can of worms.

And say what you will about 4chan, because most textleaks there are bait, but remember that Kencineroar trailer came from a 4chan text leak that no one gave credibility to. While Shinobi is undoubtedly more credible (honestly, it's not even a contest), I also think it unwise to completely ignore any and all text leaks.

Honestly, I just want confirmation about Shinobi's "hoping" part, because the wording is strange (in other examples people posted, he always says "We are going to have a smashing time", whereas this time he's saying "I hope we have a smashing time"). If we get positive clarification on that, then I'd say we're in the clear.
Unfortunately there's no way in hell he's going to clarify what he meant, because he's clearly playing it coy with any information he might have.

But it's worth noting that it's not exactly the first time he used that phrase...

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/971866857195098112

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
A lot of Pokemon info leaked earlier, if someone can find anywhere the names leaked then the 4chan leaker loses credibility.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Not to mention, the 4Chan guy probably read the Pokemon info somewhere else on 4Chan and decided to use it as his own while making up fake info to go along with it.
Sabi was leaking Pokemon info last night, so it's entirely possible this person found some correct information from there or somewhere else, and then just posted random speculation to troll Banjo fans. That's my guess.

Unless Shinobi backtracks, I have no reason to doubt him. He's way, way more credible than some random anonymous 4Chan text leak.

Last edited:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Right now we have
1) One credible leaker saying he thinks it may be Banjo and Erdrick but is just speculating (that means there is no info on his side that contradicts it)
2) One leaker with great reputation saying Banjo
3) This leaker who got things right about pokemon saying Doomguy and Erdrick but Banjo out.

Now, I don't know, but all seems reliable yet contradictory. Personally, what if Banjo gets revealed at Microsoft's stage? Then a leaker with Nintendo info wouldnt know it. I guess this is the best explanation I can form without assuming any side is trolling. (I don't personally believe in Doomguy's chances though, so hmm)

Edit: Lol, sent the message too soon by accident.

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
What exactly did VR Plant leaker say about the Direct?
Their calls were:
"-Wild Pokemon are like Pokemon Let's Go (not sure about catching mechanics)
- "Open World" in routes
-Will have raid battles for local and online
-Release date is November 15th"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Right now we have
1) One credible leaker saying he thinks it may be Banjo and Erdrick but is just speculating (that means there is no info on his side that contradits it)
2) One leaker with great reputation saying Banjo
3) This leaker who got things right about pokemon saying Doomguy and Erdrick but Banjo out.

Now, I don't know, but all seems reliable yet contradictory. Personally, what if Banjo gets revealed at Microsoft's stage? Then a leaker with Nintendo info wouldn
how about we complicate things even further?

another pokemon leak that got proven right confrmed that grookey's final evo is a drum-playing gorilla, and there was this smash leak a few weeks ago that mentioned a drum-playing gorilla evo called baboom

1559743981931.png

Top Bottom