• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice when you were saying you think steve is leakbait I just wanna let you know your not The only one who thinks of this
Apologizes if you have already seen this
First, I want to say it's not specifically my claim. There's two connections of Sabi's that have expressed strong doubt about Steve with one of them even as going as far as suggesting Steve was deliberate misinformation or leakbait. Because of who and how this second person is connected to the industry, I put a lot of weight in their opinion on the matter, in other words, this is someone who would be much less likely to be speculating this and actually know. Despite this, same things as always: they could be wrong, they could be speculating but not be totally clear (guilty, I know...), or it could be leakbait hoping someone is dumb enough to go arms flailing to someone like IGN with an "exclusive scoop." As to this, I do think both reps are being truthful to the best of my knowledge and don't have a motive to deliberately lie to Sabi or worse.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Two out of three will happen at E3: Banjo HD remake for Xbox and Switch, Rare Replay on Switch, Banjo in Smash....

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Two out of three will happen at E3: Banjo HD remake for Xbox and Switch, Rare Replay on Switch, Banjo in Smash....
If we get both a HD remake of Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie or Rare Replay on the Switch AND Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, I will literally be the happiest person in history. I'd be crying sheer tears of ecstatic joy.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So so far we have...

1. Exquisite Gaming revealing a Banjo-Kazooie controller statue in the works; and when pointed out they have a pattern of releasing these in tandem with franchise tie-ins, they played coy about it
2. Stubbins showcasing Banjo-Kazooie front and center to promote their presence at E3. They have TONS of video game licenses in their catalog including the likes of Halo, yet they show off Banjo
3. Rare personally inviting the First4Figures team to E3 this year

Either something is going on, or this is going to be the biggest jebaiting since Diablo mobile

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So so far we have...

1. Exquisite Gaming revealing a Banjo-Kazooie controller statue in the works; and when pointed out they have a pattern of releasing these in tandem with franchise tie-ins, they played coy about it
2. Stubbins showcasing Banjo-Kazooie front and center to promote their presence at E3. They have TONS of video game licenses in their catalog including the likes of Halo, yet they show off Banjo

Either something is going on, or this is going to be the biggest jebaiting since Diablo mobile
I think it'd be more a case of B-K getting the same fate as Betty Boop and, at one point, :ultmegaman:; a merchandising vehicule.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think it'd be more a case of B-K getting the same fate as Betty Boop and, at one point, :ultmegaman:; a merchandising vehicule.
That's a weird comparison. Because Mega Man has gotten more games before and since his appearance in smash on top of a good amount of merch before and after Cant say I understand Betty Boop. She gets a little merch I guess? But it's not like people were begging for her return like Mega Man. And besides she doesn't even have a lot of merch currently.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's a weird comparison. Because Mega Man has gotten more games since his appearance in smash on top of a good amount of merch now. Cant say I understand Betty Boop. She gets a little merch I guess? But it's not like people were begging for her return like Mega Man. And besides she doesn't even have a lot of merch currently.
I mean, between MML3's cancellation and the Legacy Collections/MM11, Mega Man didn't have any real games for a few years.

Whatever, the point I'm trying to make is, there's the very real danger that Banjo and Kazooie will just get merchandise as lip service for the rest of their days.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
You guys were mentioning the other figures and what they were coinciding with right?

If I recall correctly, the Ryu one was specifically revealed alongside the Kage DLC for SFV

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Stubbins using Banjo front and center for their E3 stuff. They've done plenty of gaming plush but they used Banjo; that's pretty neat if you ask me

Whether or not Banjo & Kazooie are at E3, it's heartwarming to see all this love for the duo. Just had a dream during my accidental nap involving a street salesmen selling B&K merch from a basket. :rotfl:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
So so far we have...

They would face a HUGE backlash from Banjo and Smash fans if this was one big, cynical advertising campaign leading to nothing. Is that something they'd be willing to risk?

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
They would face a HUGE backlash from Banjo and Smash fans if this was one big, cynical advertising campaign leading to nothing. Is that something they'd be willing to risk?
Banjos blueballed us for 15 E3s in a row so nothings impossible

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The statue being made now for holding stuff does indicate something could be coming tho, they always make one timed with a new release or something. It happened with Crash, it happened with Spyro. And they are always faithful with the models, they don't make up details for no reason. Other merch didn't have such patterns for meaning anything. This time it could very likely mean something, whatever it is.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Literally blueballed on their 20th anniversary for Battletoads.

Again merch don't mean anything and especially towards Smash.
I do think it means something though. So much merch in such a short amount of time for what seems like no reason is suspicious. if this all came out around his 20th anniversary I would think nothing of it. But there is nothing remotely special about banjo happening right now. Yet he's having merch thrown around like candy leading up to E3. If this literally means nothing Microsoft has no good sense of when a good time to do this stuff is.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
send this to the 4chan trolls

So that pretty much confirms what we speculated earlier here. Grant knows nothing and we should not be putting stock into anything he says regarding E3, Banjo, or Smash.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So that pretty much confirms what we speculated earlier here. Grant knows nothing and we should not be putting stock into anything he says regarding E3, Banjo, or Smash.
I think it indicates that a BK remake or Threeie isn't gonna happen any time soon. Those are things I doubt anyone, Rare or otherwise would do without Grant honestly.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I think it indicates that a BK remake or Threeie isn't gonna happen any time soon. Those are things I doubt anyone, Rare or otherwise would do without Grant honestly.
Was about to mention that - it would be very peculiar indeed for Grant to be so pessimistic about B-K's inclusion in Smash if a major project was about to be dropped and he was - naturally - asked to work on it.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I mean a Banjo Kazooie and Tooie remaster doesn't seem too implausible. I mean Microsoft did buy a lot of developers last E3 so maybe one of those developers could be working on a Banjo Kazooie and Tooie remaster.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/10/m...nVrLw&guce_referrer_cs=21u2KRTVB3VsduPPwm--iA

This is what it says
"Xbox head Phil Spencer announced Sunday that Microsoft has acquired Ninja Theory, Playground Games, Undead Labs and Compulsion Games. The four studios will add to Microsoft’s considerable heft in first-party game development, especially as the company looks to strengthen its game download subscription service Xbox Game Pass."

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I'd be content with Rare Replay on Switch and Banjo in Smash honestly. A remaster would be nice but I just really want a method of playing Tooie since I never got far in that one.

I wouldn't bank on HD remakes, let alone Threeie.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Don't forget about Rareware games on the N64 Classic Edition, I doubt Nintendo would announce it during the direct, But there is still a possibility it can be announced this month or time frame just like the NES and SNES Classic Edition which were also both announced in June the last couple of years.

Ryan Eyrie

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6710 7707 0996
https://twitter.com/Source_Nintendo/status/1099166584613031937?s=19

Persona 5 port on switch revealed in march-april... We are in June and nothing happened yet maybe at E3...

Don't forget about Rareware games on the N64 Classic Edition, I doubt Nintendo would announce it during the direct, But there is still a possibility it can be announced this month or time frame just like the NES and SNES Classic Edition which were also both announced in June the last couple of years.
Don't Reggie disconfirmed the N64 classic in december ? I lost the link but if someone have it then can you post it please ?

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I would love a Banjo Duology that also includes DK64 built from the ground up with quality-of-life improvements. Maybe have the DK crew playable in the first 2 Banjo games, and Banjo Kazooie in DK64.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
JUST Erdrick at E3 would be so freakin lame. Another lil sword boi....

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I wouldn't bank on HD remakes, let alone Threeie.
you know its sad when a fanbase literally has to fight just for Table scraps from the Developers.

We've all been de-sensitized to the point where we just ask for simple ports and even expect that not to happen.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Don't Reggie disconfirmed the N64 classic in december ? I lost the link but if someone have it then can you post it please ?
He's likely bluffing and still probably inevitable, Plus it's Nintendo of Japan that ultimately calls the shots.

Remember before the Nintendo Switch launched and Reggie said that there would be no friend codes? Sometimes there is miscommunication between Nintendo of Japan and America.

Though I will say the N64 isn't as practical or as simple as it's NES and SNES counterparts, Plus emulation is tougher too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom