• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Here's something else to tide us over while we wait for our next big breakthrough: what will Banjo's icon be? A jiggy is the most likely option, but it could also be a honeycomb. Both would look nice, methinks.
Jiggy 100% but the BK letters are an acceptable alternative, although that'd be too similar to DK

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Here's something else to tide us over while we wait for our next big breakthrough: what will Banjo's icon be? A jiggy is the most likely option, but it could also be a honeycomb. Both would look nice, methinks.
Jiggy, all the way.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Jiggy without a doubt, It's pretty much part of the identity of the series kind of like how Mario has Mushrooms and Starmans, It's the main item they collect and it's always used to transaction scenes with the screen wipe too . I know it's a minor thing ,But it's good to know that Banjo-Kazooie have a logo/icon that is straight forward and you know and means Banjo-Kazooie when you see puzzle piece slanted to the right and works perfectly for their franchise/HUD display.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I would go with the Jiggy, of course. I have a question for you all. What do you think Banjo-Kazooie's Final Smash would be?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
What would the Jinjonator do, exactly?
Have the jinjo statues from the Grunty fight emerge and home into fighters for decent damage and knockback, then the Jinjonator homes into whoever is #1 (or #2 if Banjo is winning) for a massive explosion and damage.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Have the jinjo statues from the Grunty fight emerge and home into fighters for decent damage and knockback, then the Jinjonator homes into whoever is #1 (or #2 if Banjo is winning) for a massive explosion and damage.
Sounds cool! I like it!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Don't forget we have to have them yell out when they attack.

Jinjo !!!
Jinjo !!!
Jinjo !!!

Jinjo (Godlike Voice) !!!

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Other than Jinjonator, A great 2nd choice would be Daddy T-Rex and someone mentioned the Washing machine transformation too.

But personally I think Jinjonator is the most powerful, devasting and ultimate finishing move that Banjo-Kazooie can summon that doubles as a Final Smash.

Last edited:

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
I always thought a fun Final Smash for Banjo would be to summon Mumbo to chant and bring life to the gold cat statue, which would deliver a hefty kick.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The Jiggy would need to be the icon, no question.

I'd say that they might have learned their lesson, since a previous patch removed the references to Jack and Brave, but them not learning the lesson from Ryu and Roy being leaked is how we found out about Brave in the first place.

Then again, there were apparently placeholders for Cloud and Bayonetta that were found (based on Ike and Zero Suit Samus, I think) well after those characters were revealed and released, so maybe they've just gotten sneakier about it.
I would have thought we'd have something real by now, but it's possible that they've gotten better at hiding things from dataminers.

Didn't something with Duck Hunt and Mii Swordfighter cause the game to glitch a few months ago after an update? You mentioning Cloud and Bayo being based on Ike and ZSS makes me wonder if characters were based on Duck Hunt and Mii Swordfighter. I could easily see Banjo-Kazooie being built from Duck Hunt as the base.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah if nothing has been found yet I don't really expect anything to be found. But then again I don't know how long the process of looking at all the data takes.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Since Mumbo Jumbo will likely not be an assist trophy if Banjo & Kazooie make it in, I'd want a Mumbo transformation instead of the Jinjonator. Mumbo Jumbo pops up, chants the eekum bokum song and transforms Banjo in a cinematic. I like the idea of using the washing machine for humor, or T-Rex for awesomeness. I feel like Mumbo deserves some representation in-game, outside of a Mii costume.

Mr. Stagg

My idea of a jinjonator FS is a fire and forget Final Smash. Just hit the B button and the Jinjonator shows up with smaller Jinjo's careening towards it. Once its built enough power it rockets forward like Ganondorf's FS.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So Fatmanonice recently responded to all the heat he's been catching lately

1559540716253.png

1559540701849.png

This speculation cycle is really tearing everyone apart. But it's like I thought; he's merely speculating with what info he has, not outright lying like everyone thought he was

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

This speculation cycle is really tearing everyone apart. But it's like I thought; he's merely speculating with what info he has, not outright lying like everyone thought he was
That was always the impression he gave with what he was saying. I think it was more Sabi’s discord comments that made it seem like his speculation was more offbase and caused people to question him.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah I thought it was known that everything he says was opinion based and not actual leaks of anykind.

Mr. Stagg

I kinda wish these dudes would just come out with it. Sabi in particular has been wishy-washy about going in for Banjo even though she's claimed a leaker from the Smash 4 days told her banjo's in. I really would like to know WHY she's being so "eeeehhh" about the whole thing. Then again at this point it's a bit too late since we are just a few more sleeps away from E3.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
To this day im still baffled how mega man was cut, but someone else from the same franchise wasn't. That's like if sonic was cut from smash 6, but knuckles was added instead. Mvc Finite was a terribly uninspired game. No wonder it died so quickly.

Funny how smash's roster keeps getting bigger and better, with each iteration, and mvc keeps getting smaller and weaker.
Mega Man wasn't cut. He was just never planned for some reason. X was planned for Ultimate but Capcom wanted the product out faster and 8 characters had to be axed from the project plan (there were going to be 20 new characters overall).

The only characters cut from MvC3 were Frank West and Doc Ock. Frank was in Ultimate though.

ze9

Smash Ace
So what are y'all's favorite/least favorite levels from Kazooie/Tooie? WitchyWorld is probably my favorite overall. I like the theme since I'm an amusement park nut and the variation it brings. The music is also fire. My favorite in Kazooie though is probably Mad Monster Mansion for its atmosphere and charm.
As for my least favorite in Tooie, it's probably Terrydactyland (I actually like how puzzle like Grunty Industries is). For Kazooie, definitely Freezeezy Peak. All those snowball throwing snowmen and cold water was really annoying.
Kazooie's favorite: Click Clock Wood. I like them all, but Click Clock Wood is somewhat emotional and that really puts it above everything else. The beautiful music with the critters singing, the alternance of seasons with all the wood's inhabitants progressing with their lives, the gags in Mumbo's hut in summer and autumn, the vivid colors... it really looks like a fairy tale. And finally, that sense of loneliness you get in winter when nobody's there anymore. The seasons gimmick is also very interesting from a gameplay perspective, some of the jiggies are really clever. A masterpiece.
Least favorite: eeerrr... Mumbo's Mountain? This is kind of cheating, but yeah.

Tooie's favorite: Grunty's Industries. This level is the sublimination of Tooie's design choices, I think. The world is very big, but it's always pretty easy to know where you are, since every floor is color-coded, so that's a plus. But it's not just big, it's very, veeery complex. You can't even enter inside the factory the first time you reach the level, you have to do that trick with Chuffy. And then you can't explore the factory freely, rather you have to get into it and re-activate all the power generators with the batteries you find around, progressively unlocking new parts of the stage. The way you have to use every move in your arsenal and you have to switch between B&K, solo Banjo, solo Kazooie, Mumbo, and the washing machine really comes together. This is where the adventure aspect really comes together, it's basically a metroidvania. I think this is the direction that the series would have had to take, had it kept on releasing new games. Also, Weldar is an awesome boss and the level's music is catchy.
Least favorite: it has to be Terrydactyland. It has its moments, but it's just too big, too flat and too empty. Navigating Terrydactyland is really boring. Also, the game is really cryptic about some of the things you have to do. And the triceratops family jiggie is a pain. The stomping plains are awesome, though.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This is my idea of Banjo Kazooie's final smash

Final Smash: Dino Banjo & Dragon Kazooie - Kazooie flies out from Banjo's bag and is engulfed in a mystery egg that transforms her into Dragon Kazooie where Kazooie dashes across the stage to hit any opponents while Banjo watches. If any opponent is hit by it, they will be brought to the top of the screen where Kazooie circles around and shoots fire and ice eggs at the tumbling opponent(s). Once exausted of the eggs, Dinosaur Banjo will appear and take a large chomp at the helpless opponents. If the opponents are above 100%, it will instantly KO the opponent, otherwise they'll be sent flying. Banjo and Kazooie then return to their normal selves.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It might help to add some text to give context on what this video is. Posting Youtube videos with no text is kind of spammy, and with nothing to indicate what the video is, it's a risky click to say the least. (It was relevant to the discussion, but I had no way of knowing that until the video started)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
This is my idea of Banjo Kazooie's final smash

Final Smash: Dino Banjo & Dragon Kazooie - Kazooie flies out from Banjo's bag and is engulfed in a mystery egg that transforms her into Dragon Kazooie where Kazooie dashes across the stage to hit any opponents while Banjo watches. If any opponent is hit by it, they will be brought to the top of the screen where Kazooie circles around and shoots fire and ice eggs at the tumbling opponent(s). Once exausted of the eggs, Dinosaur Banjo will appear and take a large chomp at the helpless opponents. If the opponents are above 100%, it will instantly KO the opponent, otherwise they'll be sent flying. Banjo and Kazooie then return to their normal selves.
DUDE. That would be the coolest Final Smash for Banjo & Kazooie! Not only because those are my favorite transformations but it’s a Split Up combo that really freaking works. I love the Jinjonator, but it is pretty one note and straightforward.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I kinda wish these dudes would just come out with it. Sabi in particular has been wishy-washy about going in for Banjo even though she's claimed a leaker from the Smash 4 days told her banjo's in. I really would like to know WHY she's being so "eeeehhh" about the whole thing. Then again at this point it's a bit too late since we are just a few more sleeps away from E3.
Because it's the nature of the beast. I've been genuinely impressed with the amount of clout thar Sabi has been able to get in such a short amount of time. We'll be sitting in the Discord and suddenly she'll come in with "I just got done talking with *industry darling* and they had this to say" and provide evidence that the conversation took place. It's really impressive because a good number of high profile people are now in her queue. Some of my speculation is almost verbatim of the speculation from some of these people. When company reps and people who have been in the industry for fingers and toes amount of years say certain things are possible or even likely, it definitely perks up your ears but it further stresses why I'm usually vague as all hell.

Along with this, there's always the very real possibility of these people being wrong or being baited or that they're trying to set a trap for loud mouths which is why there is always a side of caution. Yes, Banjo falls into this. Yes, he's definitely possible and there's a lot of information that's been made public as to why it may no longer be a pipe dream but there's also things that can't be made public because they come from people who have actually built careers in the industry. Yes, it's frustrating but I talk the way that I do because I want you all to be in the loop even in times of radio silence but I have to do it responsibly. This is why people like me and knew about "Jack" and "Brave" as far back as November and we were able to keep it a secret until someone connected with Source Gaming blabbed in January and the media went all frenzied shark over it. It's not out of spite. We can only say so much so that we can keep sharing information while at the same time being considerate of the people who are generous enough to share it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Because it's the nature of the beast. I've been genuinely impressed with the amount of clout thar Sabi has been able to get in such a short amount of time. We'll be sitting in the Discord and suddenly she'll come in with "I just got done talking with *industry darling* and they had this to say" and provide evidence that the conversation took place. It's really impressive because a good number of high profile people are now in her queue. Some of my speculation is almost verbatim of the speculation from some of these people. When company reps and people who have been in the industry for fingers and toes amount of years say certain things are possible or even likely, it definitely perks up your ears but it further stresses why I'm usually vague as all hell.

Along with this, there's always the very real possibility of these people being wrong or being baited or that they're trying to set a trap for loud mouths which is why there is always a side of caution. Yes, Banjo falls into this. Yes, he's definitely possible and there's a lot of information that's been made public as to why it may no longer be a pipe dream but there's also things that can't be made public because they come from people who have actually built careers in the industry. Yes, it's frustrating but I talk the way that I do because I want you all to be in the loop even in times of radio silence but I have to do it responsibly. This is why people like me and knew about "Jack" and "Brave" as far back as November and we were able to keep it a secret until someone connected with Source Gaming blabbed in January and the media went all frenzied shark over it. It's not out of spite. We can only say so much so that we can keep sharing information while at the same time being considerate of the people who are generous enough to share it.
Sounds like a very tricky style to have: having to be vague enough so a higher higher up doesn't connect the dots to a source but not too vague to where it doesn't help a discussion and comes off as a string of words (telling someone who doesn't like character X to skip the next event that has a smash reveal vs saying that the next character is someone with a vowel in their name). I guess this puts you in a position where you have to watch what you say in every speculation post as it could look like you're tipping your hand, so the insider access can be both liberating and constricting. Or you get reply after reply hounding you if Characters X, Y and W are in. Pretty tricky.

......anyway, I have a most wanted list. Tell me if they are in or not. K thanks.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So do we think the Xbox conference will have the Banjo game announcement(s) and the Nintendo conference will have the character announcement and announce that ports of the game(s) will be coming to the switch?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So do we think the Xbox conference will have the Banjo game announcement(s) and the Nintendo conference will have the character announcement and announce that ports of the game(s) will be coming to the switch?
If Banjo games are coming to Switch I expect them to be announced in Nintendo's direct, they'd be a total surprise for both Xbox gamers and Nintendo gamers to be shown as a duel exclusive.. especially if Banjo is in Smash I expect a Banjo reveal to coincide these announcements if Banjo gets game's announced at the MS conference it could give away Banjo being in Smash

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well taking this into consideration.
I'll give an example of information I can only share vaguely. Polar/Sabi's main source has noted that footage is being planned to be sent out to ambassadors before E3 and apparently Nintendo decides who gets what based on what the ambassadors' favorite franchises are. If an ambassador's favorite franchises aren't at E3, they usually get jack squat and he said he didn't get specific footage last year because of this. Their source is particularly excited because they've been informed that they're getting a whopping 90 minutes worth of footage but Nintendo has been careful not to reveal what it is yet but he deduces its one of two things, with one being much more likely than the other. Based on what I know, I can say that one outcome is more likely than the other and place it on a scale of probability (this particular case is like 90-10, honestly, but, again, I can't give specifics). Again, super vague but it's interesting regardless to know Nintendo taps people like this to hype their upcoming games.
There is (supposedly) 90 minutes of footage from Nintendo for viewing.

My big question is, will it ALL be in one Nintendo Direct? Or will some of the footage be given to Microsoft and/or Square Enix for their presentations?

Gotta say, that would be a HUGE Direct, but it could line up with the GameStop leak of 20 plus games for the Switch listed.

Thoughts? Also sorry Fatmanonice Fatmanonice for bringing you back into the spot light.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If Banjo games are coming to Switch I expect them to be announced in Nintendo's direct, they'd be a total surprise for both Xbox gamers and Nintendo gamers to be shown as a duel exclusive.. especially if Banjo is in Smash I expect a Banjo reveal to coincide these announcements if Banjo gets game's announced at the MS conference it could give away Banjo being in Smash
I wouldn't say it would be a direct giveaway. Not every game announcement from another company means a character is coming to smash. But it would be a little on the nose from everything we have been seeing. Which we have to remember we tend to know more then the average Smash/Nintendo fan. They'll see a Banjo game announcement during the Microsoft presentation and think nothing of it. And then the wires connect during the Nintendo direct making it a surprise.

My big question is, will it ALL be in one Nintendo Direct? Or will some of the footage be given to Microsoft and/or Square Enix for their presentations?

Gotta say, that would be a HUGE Direct, but it could line up with the GameStop leak of 20 plus games for the Switch listed.

Thoughts? Also sorry Fatmanonice Fatmanonice for bringing you back into the spot light.
That is a legit possibility. Because last year Ubisoft announced a Nintendo IP game exclusive to the Switch during their own presentation. But I think its more likely other presentations will announce cross-platform games that will come to the Switch. Microsoft is the IP holder of Banjo. So I think it is more likely they will be the first to announce a Banjo game coming to the Xbox and then coming back during the Nintendo direct to say "hey look it's coming to the Switch as well!" Get that doubly whammy reveal in with a follow up of Banjo in Smash.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman

That sounds like far too much footage for a Direct, to be honest. Perhaps some of it is simply extended gameplay footage showing off some of the games that appear in the Direct? I mean, even then, it does sound like a fairly substantial amount of content, but if that was all directly (sorry) attached to their presentation, it would easily be the single longest ND they've ever done, no?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That sounds like far too much footage for a Direct, to be honest. Perhaps some of it is simply extended gameplay footage showing off some of the games that appear in the Direct? I mean, even then, it does sound like a fairly substantial amount of content, but if that was all directly (sorry) attached to their presentation, it would easily be the single longest ND they've ever done, no?
We do have to remember there are some games that Nintendo just kinda drags on during directs. We can get a 45 minute direct. They'll announce several games in quick succession in the first 10-15 mins, and then spend the rest of the direct spending way to much time on one game which could have easily been summed up as fast as the other games. It's obvious when Nintendo just wants you to know a game is coming and when Nintendo really wants to promote a game is coming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom