• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I wouldn't say it would be a direct giveaway. Not every game announcement from another company means a character is coming to smash. But it would be a little on the nose from everything we have been seeing. Which we have to remember we tend to know more then the average Smash/Nintendo fan. They'll see a Banjo game announcement during the Microsoft presentation and think nothing of it. And then the wires connect during the Nintendo direct making it a surprise.

That is a legit possibility. Because last year Ubisoft announced a Nintendo IP game exclusive to the Switch during their own presentation. But I think its more likely other presentations will announce cross-platform games that will come to the Switch. Microsoft is the IP holder of Banjo. So I think it is more likely they will be the first to announce a Banjo game coming to the Xbox and then coming back during the Nintendo direct to say "hey look it's coming to the Switch as well!" Get that doubly whammy reveal in with a follow up of Banjo in Smash.
That's true.. I often take for granted this site and what not... we tend to be more in the know then average fan. Still Nintendo is a company that likes to make announcements on their terms so I could see them making the announcement for a new Banjo game. Not too mention it would help primarily market the game to the Nintendo fan base where I'm sure MS would count on most of that money coming in... let's hope we get something. I've been waiting for my beloved Bear and Bird to return and even more so on a Nintendo platform (something that looked impossible till now) for over a decade.. if we see anything for Banjo be it Smash or something new I can guarantee my reaction will be the same as K. Rool an old man sitting in front his screen with tears in his eyes because the kid in me is so happy

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
This is going to be one long ass week.

At least we still got the Pokemon Direct to look forward to this Wednesday which should tide me over until E3 on Sunday-Next Tuesday.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So do we think the Xbox conference will have the Banjo game announcement(s) and the Nintendo conference will have the character announcement and announce that ports of the game(s) will be coming to the switch?
Considering that Rare's game is heavily rumoured to be another multiplayer snooze fest like Sea of Thieves, it seems our best shot is a Banjo Switch collection and Smash.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That's true.. I often take for granted this site and what not... we tend to be more in the know then average fan. Still Nintendo is a company that likes to make announcements on their terms so I could see them making the announcement for a new Banjo game. Not too mention it would help primarily market the game to the Nintendo fan base where I'm sure MS would count on most of that money coming in... let's hope we get something. I've been waiting for my beloved Bear and Bird to return and even more so on a Nintendo platform (something that looked impossible till now) for over a decade.. if we see anything for Banjo be it Smash or something new I can guarantee my reaction will be the same as K. Rool an old man sitting in front his screen with tears in his eyes because the kid in me is so happy
So this is going to be you and the rest of us.
https://i.imgur.com/UYJgHVg.png
(wow this picture won't upload and it won't even display when I host it on imgur. That makes me sad. Guess I just have to link it.)

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Considering that Rare's game is heavily rumoured to be another multiplayer snooze fest like Sea of Thieves, it seems our best shot is a Banjo Switch collection and Smash.
Plot twist: it's a Banjo-Kazooie online multiplayer FPS based on the shooting mode from Banjo-Tooie.

ze9

Smash Ace
I'm gonna stay pessimistic.
Then if Banjo happens I'll buy some fireworks and go out in the streets.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Though it's a longshot, I actually would love a Conker online war multiplayer game of the SHC vs Tediz and with other multiplayer modes too.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't even recall hearing about that. Where is that being said? Because it doesn't seem like a smart decision to try yet again with a multiplayer only game when Sea of Thieves didn't reach expectations of almost everyone.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Probably nothing (cos that's what you expect as a Banjo fan), but interesting nonetheless that Stubbins are going to be at E3 and are using Banjo in their banner to promote their appearance there.

https://twitter.com/The_Stubbins/status/1135531644985774081

Stubbins at E3, First4 invited by Rare, and the Exquisite Gaming tease... If Banjo doesn't turn up at E3 in video game form then there must be some kind of bizarre curse preventing it from happening.

I don't even recall hearing about that. Where is that being said? Because it doesn't seem like a smart decision to try yet again with a multiplayer only game when Sea of Thieves didn't reach expectations of almost everyone.
If we're honest, has anything Rare done been smart since Microsoft bought them?
https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-e3-2019-predictions-expectations

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Stubbins using Banjo front and center for their E3 stuff. They've done plenty of gaming plush but they used Banjo; that's pretty neat if you ask me

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Stubbins using Banjo front and center for their E3 stuff. They've done plenty of gaming plush but they used Banjo; that's pretty neat if you ask me

I was just editing my previous post to post this haha.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
At least we still got the Pokemon Direct to look forward to this Wednesday which should tide me over until E3 on Sunday-Next Tuesday.
That starts at 2am for me. That is lame!

Never mind, disregard what I said. It starts at 2pm for me.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Aww that's cute. Its heart warming seeing all these companies wanting or speculating Banjo's return leading up to E3.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
That starts at 2am for me. That is lame!

Never mind, disregard what I said. It starts at 2pm for me.
8am for me central time US, I usually get back from work around 6:30am-7:00am so I should be able to get some breakfast and watch it before I get some sleep.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice when you were saying you think steve is leakbait I just wanna let you know your not The only one who thinks of this
Apologizes if you have already seen this

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Also, to be perfectly clear, the 90 minutes of footage is for one franchise/game and they seemed to imply they would be given early access to a demo too. This is just for one of the games supposedly coming and Nintendo splits this up among their ambassadors, seemingly so they can give (hopefully positive) impressions and gush about them on social media.
So it's been clarified. False (ish) alarm

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice when you were saying you think steve is leakbait I just wanna let you know your not The only one who thinks of this
Apologizes if you have already seen this
Steve may be leakbait, but Vergeben said nothing about leakbait in that post :S

T2by4

Smash Lord
I forget who it was, but didn't one of the leakers mention that a smash character who is going to be revealed is essentially getting the "red carpet" treatment and will be a big focus of E3. With all this discussion about banjo toys and merch being pushed for E3, that seems like another big point in his favor.

Last edited:

Ryan Eyrie

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6710 7707 0996
If Rare Replay comes to Switch (with original banjo games) and a remaster of both banjo games comes to Xbox One and Switch... would it be too much ? It's like putting original Crash games PLUS the N-Sane Trilogy... What do you think ?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If Rare Replay comes to Switch (with original banjo games) and a remaster of both banjo games comes to Xbox One and Switch... would it be too much ? It's like putting original Crash games PLUS the N-Sane Trilogy... What do you think ?
Only one way to fix that. Rare Replay with all remasters.

Jokes aside, it will probably be one or another.

Megex

Smash Rookie
I forget who it was, but didn't one of the leakers mention that a smash character who is going to be revealed is essentially getting the "red carpet" treatment and will be a big focus of E3. With all this discussion about banjo toys and merch being pushed for E3, that seems like another big point in his favor.
Merch has never translated into getting a Smash announcement. The only thing that it can possibly favour is a possible game or remake. Even then we've been getting these Banjo merch before E3 for many years and it always leading to disappointment.

The only thing leading in Banjo's favour are that King Zell stating something about Halo is coming to Switch. If that's true than it must have been planned at least before the selection of the DLC at December. That means Nintendo and MS were good in terms of relationship there. Now Nintendo itself had to have either specifically asking for Banjo or at least asking for a MS character. If the latter then it was up to Sakurai on who to add.

I love Banjo and even have the $450 figure paid, but I'd rather look at this pessimistically and save from disappointment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Merch has never translated into getting a Smash announcement. The only thing that it can possibly favour is a possible game or remake. Even then we've been getting these Banjo merch before E3 for many years and it always leading to disappointment.

The only thing leading in Banjo's favour are that King Zell stating
What did he say about him?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

See, this is why I hate the "relevancy" argument. People obviously still care enough about Banjo-Kazooie to make products based on them.

It's very interesting that companies are using Banjo products to tease E3.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I can’t say if I prefer full remasters or rare replay. At least Rare Replay has Conker on it plus more games also. But remasters would be so nice. It’s hard to choose really.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Does Exquisite Gaming only make figures to coincide with a new release?

I think that's a big point in favor of at least a Switch version of Rare Replay.
Looking on their site I see that they've released:
Spyro
Vault Boy
Deadpool
Spider-Man
Groot
Crash
Hulk
Sonic
Storm Trooper
Darth Vader
Ryu
And Like 4 COD soldiers

On the upcoming section they have:
Black Panther
Buzz Lightyear
Mickey Mouse
Miles Morales
Iron Man
Tails

As you can see at the very least the vast majority are tied to new releases. It's worth noting that Black Panther literally says "End Game" on the home page, and that doing some search around I've seen that:
Vault Boy has a Fallout 76 varient
Groot is listed as being from Infinity War on amazon

So I'd probably say with the exception of the Star Wars characters, Mickey and Ryu that these have all definitely tied into new releases.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It took me a hour to catch up with the thread lol! You've guys been on a roll these past few days.

It’s been said before and it should be said again, just because Rare doesn’t care much about remaking Banjo/making a new game, doesn’t mean we won’t get one from somebody else. Microsoft already gave Killer Instinct and Battletoads to others.

Imagine if they gave Hat in Time devs Banjo? That would be dope.
Or Retro Studios. :grin:

I dunno, Crash is good but he really doesn't feel like he belongs in a lineup next to Pac-Man and Mega Man. This could be my bias talking, but I think Sonic is the last of the truly great video game mascots. Banjo could've been another, if Rare and Microsoft hadn't put him in extended hibernation.

EDIT: Forgot about Pikachu. But I'm talking characters that are the face of a company. Pikachu is more strongly associated with Nintendo than even Game Freak or TPC.
While Crash ain't on Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man's tier, he is certainly on a much higher tier than Bayonetta and Joker is.
Ryu is the face of Capcom, that's why he's front and centre in every spinoff. Prior to Ryu, Captain Commando was Capcom's official mascot.

Ryu isn't only the face of Capcom, he's the face of the entire fighting game genre, he's inspired countless knockoffs. Mega Man is a significant character sure, but he got in prior to Ryu because he was more popular with the Smash community and was a massive request, that's all. Ryu is by far the bigger character.
I didn't see Ryu in that Pac Man reveal trailer. You know, the one featuring each companies mascot. I know Ryu wasn't revealed then, but Sakurai and team knew what they were doing in that trailer. That and the fact Megaman himself rivals both Pac Man (Street Fighter X Tekken) and Sonic (Archie Comics), the mascots of their respective companies. Ryu is definitely the face of their fighting series, but Megaman is still seen as their all-around mascot even if he sometimes doesn't get much love, UMVC3 be damned.
Exactly. There's a reason why Mega Man is/was more popular with the Smash community than Ryu. It's like, Frozen is currently Disney's hottest property, but Anna and Elsa aren't getting into the big cartoon crossover before Mickey.
I would say Street Fighter is the bigger franchise while Mega Man is the more iconic character than Ryu. Does that make any sense to y'all?

I know that she was highly requested given what he said, but for casual fans the Chrom/Dark Samus reveal was a big "Why?" Whereas Dixie would have appealed to a much wider audience. Dark Samus made no sense after Ridley's reveal--they got their Metroid villain. While I'm happy for the fans of the character, personally it's a head-scratcher and only made sense if Dixie was in too. It feels like, on the whole, the Ultimate base roster was mainly targeted towards fans of Smash, as so many decisions made no sense from a casual viewers perspective.

It's true, as was said, that perhaps Dixie was too unique to be an echo--and makes echos make even less sense given Isabelle and Ken. But, it's done, it's final, I'll just keep griping in my head about it until Dixie's in.

Banjo & Kazooie being in could also make me forget about it.
First off: I think the base roster was a mix of Ballot picks and complete promotional picks. Of course, they're all promotional picks in Nintendo's eyes, but half of those picks were characters most people wanted.

2nd off: Like I said before, Echos only take up 1/6 of the development time that unique characters do so there isn't much reasoning to arguing why Dark Samus made it in over Dixie Kong.

I can't imagine Dark Samus being more popular than Dixie. I guess it's possible, and I understand Dark Samus's inclusion as an easy echo whereas Dixie would require more work than her. However, Dixie was pretty high in the polls during the ballot if I'm not mistaken. Sakurai must have seen that regardless of his decision. She should surely be a high priority next time (I say this every Smash cycle, lol!).
Dark Samus probably got in over Dixie Kong because she is more suitable to be a Echo than Dixie Kong. Plus, Echos only take 1/6 of the development time that unique characters do.

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT GOOGLE THEORY WAS DEAD THIS HAPPENS

View attachment 225645
SANS CONFRIMED!!!

Mega-Man is A-Tier. Certainly below Pikachu and Donkey Kong. I’d argue he is slightly below Link but still same tier.
I would say Mega Man is B-Tier because he is below Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, and Link.

AND Venom. How do you forget Venom
We have Spider-Man, the main character. Venom's easily a secondary point to consider, but not as important.

Incidentally my main MvC1 team is MegaMan and Venom. So the cut of both hurt a lot.
If I had the power to put one Marvel character in Smash, it would be Venom.

This is going to be one long *** week.

As crazy as this sounds, I would try to not think about it until the time comes.

It would be pretty cool to see them make a Gruntilda plush like the one from the game.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
This is going to be one long *** week.

Holy crap I almost forgot about that! I'm so excited to see what they have to share about Sword & Shield. Any time I see a new Pokemon game coming out, I always feel like a kid again lol I hope the Pokemon Direct and E3 don't disappoint and have some amazing information to share.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Brave is a new Pokémon that is going to be announced during the Pokémon direct.
Ah yes, blindsiding us all, Game Freak has moved beyond animals, beyond ice cream, and beyond keychains: the newest Pokemon is a surreal manifestation of the abstract concept of bravery, coming soon to a Smash near you.

In seriousness, I would almost not be surprised if this is somehow what happens.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
If we keep getting merchandise, Is it is too much to ask for an official "Regular" Banjo-Kazooie plushie?

And no I'm not talking about the stubbins one, I'm not a fan of the design of that brand.
I personally want a 6/7 inch scale figure like the recent Crash & Spyro figures from NECA.

I really doubt Rare will ever make another Banjo game again. Honestly, with how great Killer Instinct was (& hopefully Battletoads?) I’d prefer having a new developer make Banjo than Rare anyway.

Let Rare do whatever they want, then have a passionate developer take over the reigns for Banjo.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!

Interesting how all this new merch and banners are using Banjo as a selling point. Few points to put out.
1. Banjo-Kazooie is going to be at E3 for something big if Stubbins are using their merch to advertise.
2. The Exquisite Gaming Cable guy statue is leading up to some kind of reveal akin to "Bringing Back Banjo"
3. Take this how you wish, but Fatmanonce speculated that the next Smash reveal would be "overshadowed" by said fighter recieving the "Red Carpet" treatment.

Its a bit of a stretch, but I've got confidence to believe that whatever is happening to Banjo-Kazooie in E3 will be big news.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I personally want a 6/7 inch scale figure like the recent Crash & Spyro figures from NECA.
With how much the Banjo merch license is being passed around at the moment I could see this happening. I hope so... Someone should ask Randy on twitter.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys know who NECA are? They made really cool and detailed action figures for both Crash and Spyro. I would love if they did a figure for Banjo & Kazooie.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Interesting how all this new merch and banners are using Banjo as a selling point. Few points to put out.
1. Banjo-Kazooie is going to be at E3 for something big if Stubbins are using their merch to advertise.
2. The Exquisite Gaming Cable guy statue is leading up to some kind of reveal akin to "Bringing Back Banjo"
3. Take this how you wish, but Fatmanonce speculated that the next Smash reveal would be "overshadowed" by said fighter recieving the "Red Carpet" treatment.

Its a bit of a stretch, but I've got confidence to believe that whatever is happening to Banjo-Kazooie in E3 will be big news.
Banjo revival/remake announcement along with a ton of merch and a collector's edition
And then Banjo in Smash

"Red carpet treatment" indeed

Top Bottom