• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah Nintendo seems stupid enough to make E3 Erdrick only. But I don't know where this guy is getting all high and mighty off of "Rabbit in Pokemon and Joker release" when several people kinda knew about Joker's release. And guessing a Rabbit for Pokemon is playing it really safe since every generation had at least one.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
you know its sad when a fanbase literally has to fight just for Table scraps from the Developers.

We've all been de-sensitized to the point where we just ask for simple ports and even expect that not to happen.
Welcome to the life of an Advance Wars fan my dude. We'll take about anything Intelligent Systems throws at us.

Speaking of which, both Advance Wars and Banjo have been dead for the same amount of time. Neither series having a game since 2008. :(

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
At this point I think Rare Replay for Switch is very likely, and Banjo in Smash is also possible (with an Erdrick double reveal).

Revealing Erdrick on his own at E3 would be about as anti-hype as you could get. I don't think he's as big as Nintendo wants us to believe.

Lol.

Those are safe guesses, not leaks. I'll trust credible leakers like Sabi and Indie Gamer Chick, thanks.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Fire Emblem's gonna be in the direct? Astral Chain? Luigi's Mansion?!?!?! This E3 is gonna be full of surprises! /s

I'm actually going back and forth on what to expect. Last year, insiders said this E3 was gonna be big, but they announced so much pre-E3, the actual E3 show may be typical/lackluster. It is unfortunate the games expected/rumored to be in it don't interest me in the slightest. Hopin' for 1 or 2 surprise announcements that do.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
At this point I think Rare Replay for Switch is very likely, and Banjo in Smash is also possible (with an Erdrick double reveal).

Revealing Erdrick on his own at E3 would be about as anti-hype as you could get. I don't think he's as big as Nintendo wants us to believe
It would make so much sense for a Banjo/Erdrick Double Reveal, considering Japan is gaga for Dragon Quest, and the West likes Banjo quite a bit.
I think it would satisfy both sides, a Western pick and an Eastern Pick.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Revealing Erdrick on his own at E3 would be about as anti-hype as you could get. I don't think he's as big as Nintendo wants us to believe.
Oh yes! Erdrick is really big...

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I highly question this "Source Nintendo" trying to pass off guesses as leaks, and Sabi seems to be skeptical of them, so I know who I'm trusting.

It would make so much sense for a Banjo/Erdrick Double Reveal, considering Japan is gaga for Dragon Quest, and the West likes Banjo quite a bit.
I think it would satisfy both sides, a Western pick and an Eastern Pick.
Those are exactly my thoughts. Erdrick makes Japan happy, Banjo makes the West happy. You don't reveal a relatively unknown character at E3 that's aimed at a primarily Western audience.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've seen bigger grains of salt worth taking more than this person.

Has that particular twitter even leaked anything real before?

ze9

Smash Ace
Yeah, put me in the camp of those who can't really see Erdrick being E3's only reveal. I think he's a fine choice as a Smash character, but he doesn't really bring that much hype to the general public.
Plus, with a double reveal we'd have 3/5 of the Figher Pass' characters. That's when most of those still undecided will decide whether to purchase the Pass or not. One character that makes you go "ah-hah, sure why not, that makes sense, cool" (I'm referring to Erdrick) + one that makes you go "ASFYASFIASHFIUAHGAUSGIA" (and this one would be Banjo) would be a nice pair, in my opinion.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
I was just thinking about that post saying Dixie should be included with Banjo & Kazooie and it makes more sense than I thought at first glance. Her original design has the Rare logo as a lapel on her hat and it was made to match the Nintendo logo on Diddy's cap, a a nod to Rare's close friendship with Nintendo of sorts.

(just shower thoughts with bzocky)

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Dixie is the only character I want more than Banjo. She really should have been in a loooong time ago.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Billy said Artorias was impossible. Not because he's a random choice, but because he has a broken arm. Kinda hard to take him seriously after that.
Billybo has fallen into the Laxchris pit. F because he used to be decent.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I was just thinking about that post saying Dixie should be included with Banjo & Kazooie and it makes more sense than I thought at first glance. Her original design has the Rare logo as a lapel on her hat and it was made to match the Nintendo logo on Diddy's cap, a a nod to Rare's close friendship with Nintendo of sorts.

(just shower thoughts with bzocky)
Having Dixie Kong with Banjo Kazooie as a bonus character ala Pirahna Plant would blow my mind. Equiped with the RARE pin and kneepads, too.

Not going to happen, sadly.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Would you rather:

- Rare Replay on Switch with Rare's first party catalogue added (ie: the DKC games, Diddy Kong Racing and Star Fox Adventures)

- Banjo Kazooie and Tooie redone in HD.

Honestly I'd prefer the former. Apart from the other games in Rare Replay I want the original N64 style is still really charming.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Having Dixie Kong with Banjo Kazooie as a bonus character ala Pirahna Plant would blow my mind. Equiped with the RARE pin and kneepads, too.

Not going to happen, sadly.
They never said anything about not having Echo Fighters appear outside of the fighters pass, although I would prefer that they don't if Dixie turns out to be anything like Daisy, Dark Samus, Dark Pit, Richter, Lucina or Chrom.

That being said I wouldn't mind if she got different attributes like being slower than Diddy Kong or just something gameplay wise that would make her more interesting.

Would you rather:

- Rare Replay on Switch with Rare's first party catalogue added (ie: the DKC games, Diddy Kong Racing and Star Fox Adventures)

- Banjo Kazooie and Tooie redone in HD.
With the HD remakes would they be on the Nintendo Switch?

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
They never said anything about not having Echo Fighters appear outside of the fighters pass, although I would prefer that they don't if Dixie turns out to be anything like Daisy, Dark Samus, Dark Pit, Richter, Lucina or Chrom.

That being said I wouldn't mind if she got different attributes like being slower than Diddy Kong or just something gameplay wise that would make her more interesting.

Sure. I doubt a XBO exclusive Banjo game would sell.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Sure. I doubt a XBO exclusive Banjo game would sell.
Then I choose the remakes. Sure it would be nice to get ports of older rare games on a Nintendo console but I think it would be better to see the Bear and Bird in High Definition for the first time. That is if they have a Vicarious Visions sort of developer working on them.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Everytime it looks like the Anti-Banjo brigade get something it goes like this:
de20a047-e302-4b88-9272-1a2798c5e79b.gif

The state of Banjo haters right now.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Personally, I think the best thing going for Banjo rn is Micro's interest in the Switch. It seems like they view the system as an ally more than a competitor. The Switch is the perfect system with the perfect audience for IP like Rare's.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Look, I'm just gonna say it: what's with all the Terrydactyland hate? Terrydactyland is the best level in the whole damn franchise!

You got fighting a giant pterodactyl, you got shooting germs in Chompasaurus's belly, you got sneaking illicit theme park food to a tribe of hungry cavemen, you got stealing back Targitzan's relic from the Unga Bungas, you got the Daddy T. Rex transformation (epic), and best of all, you got the styracosaurus family conundrums, the absolute best jiggy ever. It's the one quest that ties the world of Banjo-Tooie together and makes it seem like a real, lived-in place. I especially love rescuing Scrut from the house of horrors in Witchyworld and taking Scrat to see Mumbo on the Isle o' Hags. To say nothing of the Clockwork Kazooie egg puzzles and Dippy and Stomponadon and look, there's literally nothing I don't love about Terrydactyland, okay? More games need socially involved dinosaur worlds.

I hope we get a schweet remix of the theme music for Banjo's stage in Smash.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There was a leak I saw WAAAAAAY back about Scalebound turning into a cooperative project between Nintendo, Microsoft, and Platinum. Doesn't seem so crazy an idea now...

They said that the game was in development and it was going to release for both Switch and Xbox. If they're THAT close to do something like that? Banjo in Smash is, like, no big deal.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
The only things I don't like about Terrydactyland is how underused the T-rex transformations are and that awful quest for the Stegosaurus family. Otherwise it's the massive, intertwining dinosaur canyon filled with stuff to do, but it is where Tooie's problems start to pop up.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Look, I'm just gonna say it: what's with all the Terrydactyland hate? Terrydactyland is the best level in the whole damn franchise!

You got fighting a giant pterodactyl, you got shooting germs in Chompasaurus's belly, you got sneaking illicit theme park food to a tribe of hungry cavemen, you got stealing back Targitzan's relic from the Unga Bungas, you got the Daddy T. Rex transformation (epic), and best of all, you got the styracosaurus family conundrums, the absolute best jiggy ever. It's the one quest that ties the world of Banjo-Tooie together and makes it seem like a real, lived-in place. I especially love rescuing Scrut from the house of horrors in Witchyworld and taking Scrat to see Mumbo on the Isle o' Hags. To say nothing of the Clockwork Kazooie egg puzzles and Dippy and Stomponadon and look, there's literally nothing I don't love about Terrydactyland, okay? More games need socially involved dinosaur worlds.

I hope we get a schweet remix of the theme music for Banjo's stage in Smash.
Bruh dont play yourself. Boring level design, terrible/confusing layout, dull music, terrible Humba powerup

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
The only things I don't like about Terrydactyland is how underused the T-rex transformations are and that awful quest for the Stegosaurus family. Otherwise it's the massive, intertwining dinosaur canyon filled with stuff to do, but it is where Tooie's problems start to pop up.
Explain to me what's bad about a world-spanning quest to help some cute dinosaurs. It involves splitting up, using Chuffy, and playing as Mumbo - three of Tooie's coolest features! C'mon!

Bruh dont play yourself. Boring level design, terrible/confusing layout, dull music, terrible Humba powerup

ze9

Smash Ace
Terrydactyland's only problem is the layout... but it's a big problem. Bringing the food from Witchyworld, saving the triceratop's family and becoming a giant t-rex is cool, in theory. But then, in practice, all those quests end up being just walking, walking, walking, walking, and then even more walking, with not much in between.
The only jiggys that are a little involved are the ones in the Stomping Plains, and maybe the one you get from the cavemen you have to defeat with the clockwork Kazooies. But just going around the level is so boring. It's not even hard, like Grunty's Industries or Hailfire Peaks... it's just boring.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Explain to me what's bad about a world-spanning quest to help some cute dinosaurs. It involves splitting up, using Chuffy, and playing as Mumbo - three of Tooie's coolest features! C'mon!

Because it's a massive amount of backtracking for a single Jiggy.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

Personally I think Terrydactyland and Grunty Industries are the shining examples of why Tooie isnt as good as Kazooie: it bit off more than it could chew. If Tooie had a worldmap, as well as an objective organizer (like BOTW), itd be a far better game. (I still really like Tooie tho)

Last edited:

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Watch this vid at 0:38.
Basically the problem with Terrydactyland is the big t rex itself. While cool, there's not much you can do with it besides a junior and scaring a caveman to get access somewhere. Also it made it so the level design had to accommodate it.

Watch the rest of his videos on the games while you're at it. Hope he eventually makes the DK64 videos.

ze9

Smash Ace
Grunty's Industries is great, in my opinion. It takes Tooie's interconnected and complex approach to level design and it really makes something else out of it. It feels kind of like playing Metroid, in that you have to discover the factory's secrets room by room while you gradually unlock more parts of the map (and some new abilities, too, of course), you become more and more familiar with the (initially) confusing layout, you start to notice things you can do in this or that room, while you elaborate mental strategies about where to explore next.
It's also mostly self-contained, so it feels just like solving a big puzzle. And it's full of shortcuts and alternate routes between the various floors, so it never becomes boring.
Plus, Weldar is great.

Terrydactyland by comparision feels a lot less like solving a puzzle, and a lot more like busywork. You're always going back and forth down the same 2-3 paths with different characters while nothing happens. It's the one level where I feel Tooie's design really goes wrong.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Because it's a massive amount of backtracking for a single Jiggy.
I mean, if you rescue Scrut and call Chuffy the first time you're in Witchyworld, you don't need to backtrack at all. Besides, Banjo-Tooie is a Metroidvania at heart, and going back to earlier parts of the game to solve puzzles you couldn't solve the first time are part and parcel of the genre.

Personally I think Terrydactyland and Grunty Industries are the shining examples of why Tooie isnt as good as Kazooie: it bit off more than it could chew. If Tooie had a worldmap, as well as an objective organizer (like BOTW), itd be a far better game. (I still really like Tooie tho)
I disagree, I think Tooie is much better than Kazooie, and levels like Terrydactyland are a big part of the reason why. I like big, elaborate spaces full of multi-step puzzles. That's why I love Terrydactyland and Grunty Industries so much. There are too many jiggies in Kazooie that are kind of just sitting there out in the open, waiting for you to walk up and grab them.

Of course, both games are phenomenal. The way I see it, Banjo-Kazooie delivers on the promise of Mario 64, and Banjo-Tooie delivers on the promise of Banjo-Kazooie.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I freaking loved Tooie and played it wayyyyy more as a kid than Kazooie, even though I loved and beat the crap out of Kazooie. So much more you got to do and so much stuff was added in, it felt like a legit epic sequel that expanded and added onto the gameplay of Kazooie. And I'm with you Planet Cool, I freaking adored Terrydactyland. As soon as I saw this photo of Banjo as a T. Rex on the early days of the Internet:

I just HAD to get to that world when I got that game. It sucked we couldn't do more with Daddy T. Rex but I still spent so much time just stomping around the base part of that level terrorizing the Bargasauruses and laughing at the Soarsauruses' feeble attempts to attack you. Haters gonna hate.

Top Bottom