• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I mean he is the same guy who said Artorias wouldn't be good in Smash because of "body horror" or some bull**** (this was around the peak of the Google Theory stuff) and I kinda stopped watching him once he finished his Classic mode runs
Billy has lost all credibility in my eyes since his terrible Steve video where he gave him 100% in, 100% want. It has nothing to do with me disagreeing with him, but that video was very poorly-researched, poorly-argued, and now he’s just become a Steve shill. He posts about obviously-fake leaks that deconfirm Steve while unconvincingly poo-pooing more credible theories that don’t include Steve (like his aforementioned “Artorias is body horror” galaxy brain take), in an attempt to cultivate a narrative wherein leaks that deconfirm Steve = false

I still watch Billy, and he seems likable enough, but IMO he can no longer be trusted to speculate/argue in good faith.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think you beat all Time Trials for TT? I forget. I think you had to run over some kind of chicken or whatever for Drumstick.
You murder a frog in cold blood for Drumstick. TT you just beat the time trials which are actually incredibly easy if you know about releasing A for the boosts.
Indeed, I remember looking it up as a kid and finding out how, but tried doing what it said and kept failing. I won all the trophies I needed, and ran over every frog I could over and over again--never got it and what I was doing wrong. This is all from memory, though, so it's a bit hazy. And yeah, I sucked at the time trials (this was when I was around--7 to 10ish).

I was really bad as a kid--took me years to figure out after beating Wiz Pig and the trophy races I could go into the lighthouse rocket for more tracks. :rotfl:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For crying out loud, they said Steve! Why would anyone believe them after that?
The issue ain't Steve, who is actually a really strong character for DLC.

The issue is how they went about it. You can still argue poorly for a likely character. As pointed out rather well by TheHeartbreakKid up above(that came out wrong. He points out why the Steve arguments made by Billy are poor. I don't mean TheHeartbreakKid's arguments are poor).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Indeed, I remember looking it up as a kid and finding out how, but tried doing what it said and kept failing. I won all the trophies I needed, and ran over every frog I could over and over again--never got it and what I was doing wrong. This is all from memory, though, so it's a bit hazy. And yeah, I sucked at the time trials (this was when I was around--7 to 10ish).

I was really bad as a kid--took me years to figure out after beating Wiz Pig and the trophy races I could go into the lighthouse rocket for more tracks. :rotfl:
Pity there wasn't an unlock code like for N.Tropy in Crash Team Racing, if I recall correctly. What is it with time characters and having to do tough time trials to get them?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Pity there wasn't an unlock code like for N.Tropy in Crash Team Racing, if I recall correctly. What is it with time characters and having to do tough time trials to get them?
Which is funny given how many cheat codes there were. The only one I recall using (over and over) was WHODIDTHIS because I loved the music.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm feeling good about Banjo's chances this time, but I'm still being cautiously optimistic. I want to believe, but I also don't want to be burned.

Billy has lost all credibility in my eyes since his terrible Steve video where he gave him 100% in, 100% want. It has nothing to do with me disagreeing with him, but that video was very poorly-researched, poorly-argued, and now he’s just become a Steve shill. He posts about obviously-fake leaks that deconfirm Steve while unconvincingly poo-pooing more credible theories that don’t include Steve (like his aforementioned “Artorias is body horror” galaxy brain take)

I still watch Billy, and he seems likable enough, but IMO he can no longer be trusted to speculate/argue in good faith.
Billy seems like a nice enough guy, but he's starting to go the full Lax Chris route. Those Source Nintendo tweets are not credible - they're easy guesses rather than leaks - and he went all in on them.

He also went 100% on Steve and seems biased in favor of Steve, so it's hard to take him too seriously when he's talking about Steve or Banjo. At least PapaGenos admits his biases and when he's wrong.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Posted this somewhere else. Did I miss anything?

At this point, I honestly think Banjo is the most likely character (which honestly isn't saying much, I have absolutely no clue on DLC)

There's been a lot of strange things occurring. I'm probably gonna regret this but I'm gonna go on depth.

First of all, Brave. The code name would only loosely connect to Banjo. Erdrick would fit it better. But why I think it could be Banjo are the stats. They match him very well.

Second of all. The amount of Mercy recently. Somethings up with Banjo. He's been receiving a lot mercy recently, including a tease for an appearance at E3. Might not be Smash, but I'm convinced he's going to be at E3

Third of all. The deleted Lootbox tweet and removal of Banjo items. This is especially weird asking if people want to see Banjo in Smash, then deleting the tweet and Removing all Banjo content from the monthly package. Just weird.

Fourth of All. The silence. People at Microsoft have been quite open about talking about Banjo in smash. But radio silence now. With exception of Grant, we've heard nothing from anyone official. This is more of stretch.

Fifth. The head of Microsoft is very open about having Banjo in Smash, hasn't commented on anyone else, specifically Banjo, multiple times.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
People at Microsoft are quiet about Banjo-Kazooie in Smash? Good. The same thing kind of happened with Shantae's creators at Wayforward saying noshing and being silent about her being in Smash Bros. Ultimate until the end. Of course, she got in as a spirit, but I still don't see much difference between this and the Microsoft people. Banjo-Kazooie does have a chance, perhaps bigger than Shantae's back then. Hopefully, the duo are playable.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Can we make it a rule (or at least try) to stop talking about Steve in this thread? It feels like it just brings nothing but bitterness, and I feel neither getting in disproves the other anyway.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Can we make it a rule (or at least try) to stop talking about Steve in this thread? It feels like it just brings nothing but bitterness, and I feel neither getting in disproves the other anyway.
I am going to have to second that. This is a Banjo-Kazooie thread, after all, and this whole Steve talk seems like it is going to get worse if we continue it.

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
ut wouldn't revealing Erdrick when people in both Japan (DQ's main audience) and the West (who Square is trying to market DQ to) are awake make more sense?
Dude, this is the same company that put in a failed NES pheripheral(ROb came out FAR later than the Nes's release date) over K. Rool, Ridley, and other highly requested character. And Sakurai put in 5 marths, so....I wouldn't do something this stupid, again.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I mean say what you want about Papagenos, but the man is at least forthright about his biases, and doesn’t allow them to cloud what he presents. Dude literally put up a vid saying “hey, don’t hold your breath for Banjo” recently when things seemed dire to him

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Woops, sorry. Was just copy pasting from a rate their chance. I removed references to other characters

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
I highly question this "Source Nintendo" trying to pass off guesses as leaks, and Sabi seems to be skeptical of them, so I know who I'm trusting.

Those are exactly my thoughts. Erdrick makes Japan happy, Banjo makes the West happy. You don't reveal a relatively unknown character at E3 that's aimed at a primarily Western audience.
Eh. E3 2014 showed off Palutena, Wii Fiit trainer, and the Mii fighters....So. And again, the character choices are not for the fans, they are for Sakurai.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Eh. E3 2014 showed off Palutena, Wii Fiit trainer, and the Mii fighters....So. And again, the character choices are not for the fans, they are for Sakurai.
I get it, you are against Sakurai, and don't like him at all. Some of us do, and are not bothered as much as you all. Try not to make our hype seem like it is a bad idea, okay?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Dude, this is the same company that put in a failed NES pheripheral(ROb came out FAR later than the Nes's release date) over K. Rool, Ridley, and other highly requested character. And Sakurai put in 5 marths, so....I wouldn't do something this stupid, again.
Sorry nope, but R.O.B. was anything but a failure. He was such a success that HE SAVED GAMING IN THE WEST!!!

There's a reason he's in so many games. He holds an important legacy. He deserves it more than most.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wouldn't say Tooie is better. It's down to preference.

Kazooie is a far more breezy game, Tooie requires more complex puzzle solving.

It really just depends which you prefer. After countless playthroughs of both I prefer Tooie but they are equally good games.
Well the way I see it, Kazooie is great for a quick playthrough over 3-5 days if I want to reminiscence about Banjo and all but Tooie is when I go for the long, drawn out runs of finding everything in the game and taking my time finding everything.

Both are great in their own rights yes but I believe personally that Tooie is a much better game. I'm fine if anyone prefers Kazooie tho. They both have their distinct charms to it.

And on an unrelated note, I was kind of disappointed when you weren't able to re-visit Gruntilda's Lair in Tooie. I mean it would have been nice to see the Lair again, most likely destroyed and in ruins. It would be akin to revisiting Kanto in the Gen 2 PKMN games albeit on a lesser scale kinda. Maybe if they remade the two games, it would be so you could revisit the location after completing the B-K part.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sorry nope, but R.O.B. was anything but a failure. He was such a success that HE SAVED GAMING IN THE WEST!!!

There's a reason he's in so many games. He holds an important legacy. He deserves it more than most.
With that said, he is a part of Nintendo's history. Smash Bros, is not just a celebration of gaming, but about its history, especially Nintendo's own. Why wouldn't they add R.O.B.?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
R.O.B. didn't really fail. It's the only reason video games were saved after the huge disaster from the Atari 2600. It was the actual main thing that allowed the video game market to be revived, by presenting it as a toy. It would've been dead otherwise. R.O.B. didn't just deserve to be in Smash, it's an extremely important reason why video games still exist as worth marketing.

There has only been 3 Marths in any real capacity. Marth, Roy(Melee only), and Lucina. Rest are not actually like Marth. Roy's return in 4 made him far more like Wolf, extremely different. Even if you somehow count him as a 3rd Marth at that point(and Chrom as a 4th one), Ike is nowhere near similar to Marth either. He takes slightly from Roy at best, but only just a few moves yet plays entirely different. Ike is not even a semi-clone at this point. He's even more unique than Wolf, who borders on being a semi-clone.

With that said, he is a part of Nintendo's history. Smash Bros, is not just a celebration of gaming, but about its history, especially Nintendo's own. Why wouldn't they add R.O.B.?
Exactly. He was one of the coolest additions I saw. Also, Ridley wasn't even considered to be in Smash at that point(first time was maybe during Smash 4's development, but the interviews aren't too clear on if he considered it after 4 was done, or before 4). King K. Rool is harder to say, as we don't know if he was considered before the ballot.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
As funny as this stuff can be, even for me, it borders inappropriate comments too easily, so let's not talk about this, please. :)
Well it was worth a shot, I had a feeling this topic might have raised a red flag, Though it would have been fun to hear everyone's hilarious answers, But I understand we have to try to keep it clean here.

_lRI2n.gif

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
R.O.B. didn't really fail. It's the only reason video games were saved after the huge disaster from the Atari 2600. It was the actual main thing that allowed the video game market to be revived, by presenting it as a toy. It would've been dead otherwise. R.O.B. didn't just deserve to be in Smash, it's an extremely important reason why video games still exist as worth marketing.

There has only been 3 Marths in any real capacity. Marth, Roy(Melee only), and Lucina. Rest are not actually like Marth. Roy's return in 4 made him far more like Wolf, extremely different. Even if you somehow count him as a 3rd Marth at that point(and Chrom as a 4th one), Ike is nowhere near similar to Marth either. He takes slightly from Roy at best, but only just a few moves yet plays entirely different. Ike is not even a semi-clone at this point. He's even more unique than Wolf, who borders on being a semi-clone.

Exactly. He was one of the coolest additions I saw. Also, Ridley wasn't even considered to be in Smash at that point(first time was maybe during Smash 4's development, but the interviews aren't too clear on if he considered it after 4 was done, or before 4). King K. Rool is harder to say, as we don't know if he was considered before the ballot.
Of course. If R.O.B itself failed, gaming would be dead, and we wouldn't even be here talking about Smash, would we?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Of course. If R.O.B itself failed, gaming would be dead, and we wouldn't even be here talking about Smash, would we?
In a couple words; pretty much.

But that's why like the variety of games and peripherals we've had. Tons of fun ones, even those that did poorly(like the Power Glove). It's a vast history and a lot of fun to know. Plus, the Power Glove makes for a good Halloween costume option~

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In a couple words; pretty much.

But that's why like the variety of games and peripherals we've had. Tons of fun ones, even those that did poorly(like the Power Glove). It's a vast history and a lot of fun to know. Plus, the Power Glove makes for a good Halloween costume option~
I am surprised the Power Glove isn't even an item in Smash, myself. Maybe I will find one and wear it next Halloween...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm glad to see R.O.B. get some love here, I have a soft spot for the fella. Mario Kart DS main and Smash main. (little me was just happy we had the same name)

D

Deleted member

I'm glad to see R.O.B. get some love here, I have a soft spot for the fella. Mario Kart DS main and Smash main. (little me was just happy we had the same name)
Im not the greatest R.O.B fan here but im legitimately upset that he's the only character whose franchise does not have stage.

BZocky

Smash Ace
What if Banjo's return is a kart racer to compete with Garfield Kart Mario Kart?
Diddy Kong Racing HD would be a dream come true. Just imagine, every character from the 64 original and DS remake plus an entire cast of newcomers, including new OCs, Rare characters and more from the DK cast.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Im not the greatest R.O.B fan here but im legitimately upset that he's the only character whose franchise does not have stage.
The fact he has two games starring him should be enough reason for one. Even if it was a very simplistic one, like a Final Destination variation or a Battlefield variation.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong Racing HD would be a dream come true. Just imagine, every character from the 64 original and DS remake plus an entire cast of newcomers, including new OCs and characters from the DK games.
Why not ?, Hell we got Mario Kart, Team Sonic Racing and were getting Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled, Let's round it out with Diddy Kong Racing or it's cancelled sequel Donkey Kong Racing.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why not ?, Hell we got Mario Kart, Team Sonic Racing and were getting Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled, Let's round it out with Diddy Kong Racing or it's cancelled sequel Donkey Kong Racing.[MEDIA=youtube]0ThbbN3o5yw[/MEDIA]
Oh I would love to play a revived Donkey Kong Racing! I was so upset when it was cancelled.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You got me wrong. Not a Diddy Kong Racing. But literally Banjo Kart. Only Banjo characters. And Conker. And it will be multiplayer focused.

Last edited:

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
You got me wrong. Not a Diddy Kong Racing. But literally Banjo Kart. Only Banjo characters. And Conker. And it will be multiplayer focused.
I do recall hearing something like that called "Banjo Kazoomie" being developed or at least conceptualized at one point.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I'd very much prefer HD remakes of Kazooie and Tooie over a Rare Replay port. Were getting enough ports as is, especially with Pikmin 3 port rumors running around. Yeah right Miyamoto, Pikmin 4 was almost done 4 years ago.

Top Bottom