• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
After the grinch it's best to treat any rumours/leaks with a heaping bowl of salt.

However I want to renew my observation that there's a big portion of the Smash community who latch on to what's perceived as likely through those leaks/rumours.
I never give any leaks credibility. After the Gematsu leak, the Rayman leak, and the Grinch leak, it's clear that random people can make very high quality, realistic looking images and videos. Not only that, but text leaks always just seem to good to be true in my opinion. I don't know, but I hold an "anything can happen" mentality when it comes to Smash, because as much as everyone speculates the Erdrick and others are likely, I truly believe anything can happen.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I never give any leaks credibility. After the Gematsu leak, the Rayman leak, and the Grinch leak, it's clear that random people can make very high quality, realistic looking images and videos. Not only that, but text leaks always just seem to good to be true in my opinion. I don't know, but I hold an "anything can happen" mentality when it comes to Smash, because as much as everyone speculates the Erdrick and others are likely, I truly believe anything can happen.
Nobody has really legitimately leaked the DLC so far. I feel like anything can and still will happen.

We're getting at least 1 more character nobody will see coming. People think they can predict Sakurai. Nobody can!

hinode

Smash Cadet
It was said to have been an English user on 5chan, an overwhelmingly Japanese website, and that was pretty much it. Not much of a debunk considering it got everything on it right so far...

So far.
Let's be clear, the source of the Doomguy/Steve/Ryu Hayubasa leak claimed on 5ch that the source was reddit. And with no links to any specific reddit post, either.

That doesn't debunk anything, but it counts as a massive red flag to me. Are we really meant to believe that some someone got a leak from reddit, that isn't from a known leaker lke Vergeben, and which nobody in the western community has managed to track down? Even if that exact fighter pass lineup comes to pass, I'm more likely to believe the 5ch guy got lucky with guesses than he somehow got real info from an unspecified reddit post.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
The biases related to the community of internet users who participate in Smash speculation. Its a real thing, every internet community creates its biases, especially against newcomers.
Golden Sun and Dragon Quest have similar peak sales in the west, but calling one out for not being popular in the west is more acceptable in smash circles than doing it to the other.
Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I definitely see it myself with characters like Shantae, Isaac & Geno. People act like they’re these huge icons, but I’m someone who’s big into gaming overall & not just Nintendo/Smash & I’ve never heard of them before Smash discussions lmao. It’s okay to want these characters but don’t overrate how important they are to the history of gaming.

Though I’ll give Geno the credit of atleast knowing about Super Mario RPG before I knew of him.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I definitely see it myself with characters like Shantae, Isaac & Geno. People act like they’re these huge icons, but I’m someone who’s big into gaming overall & not just Nintendo/Smash & I’ve never heard of them before Smash discussions lmao. It’s okay to want these characters but don’t overrate how important they are to the history of gaming.

Though I’ll give Geno the credit of atleast knowing about Super Mario RPG before I knew of him.
big agree. They aren't nearly as iconic as their echo chambers make them out to be. I would say the average gamer(who isnt a nintendo fanboy) would be able to recognize one of the three on average if we did a study. Prior to smash speculation i never played super mario rpg, goldnen sun, and I owned a shantae game for the wiiu. I'd love these characters getting in but i think hardcore fans can be a bit out of touch with the general population in this regard since their games meant alot to THEM.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Honestly I feel like if the dlc character was close to being announced we would have more concrete information by now If anyone actually knew anything about them. Makes me wonder if Nintendo is trying to stir the pot with a bunch of fake rumors so it's hard to distinguish what is actually real or not. Maybe Joker was a sign that they weren't going to let anything get out.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Honestly I feel like if the dlc character was close to being announced we would have more concrete information by now If anyone actually knew anything about them. Makes me wonder if Nintendo is trying to stir the pot with a bunch of fake rumors so it's hard to distinguish what is actually real or not. Maybe Joker was a sign that they weren't going to let anything get out.
You’ll never see it coming!!!!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I have a problem with Banjo being in. Just one.

If he's in that means that leak with Erdrick, Hayabusa, Doom Slayer, and Steve is absolutely busted...

I still think Doom Slayer and Hayabusa have a chance, don't get me wrong.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Banjo or no Banjo, Hayabusa has been dead for quite some time.

The team behind Ninja Gaiden confirmed that they have no involvement with Ultimate DLC.

Best be putting the chips on Banjo.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Happy 13,000 posts Banjo-Roos!

The real question now is, are we Banjo-Roos or Banjoboys, I feel the latter has more of a negative connotation behind it. It’s why I use Banjo-Roos (and have been since the very first few pages if you fancy thumbing all the way back to the early few pages)

D

Deleted member

So that guy with the banjo rumor did he say Steve is defenently not happening or thinks it’s not happening?

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So, did the 4channers finally stop stalking this thread? I remember them screenshotting all the replies here last night. Quite sad, really.
Let me guess, they were trying to dismiss ya because 4chan can be a pool of hatred right?

Though that would explain the high guest count...

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'd love to see everyone's reaction if banjo does come in. I still chuckle at arguments from a couple years ago:
"A new smash game isn't happening anytime soon, we'll get a port of smash 4 if anything"

"You're delusional if you think Ridley will be playable"

"K rool is dead, gone, forgotten, never gonna happen get over it"

Good times

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Happy 13,000 posts Banjo-Roos!

The real question now is, are we Banjo-Roos or Banjoboys, I feel the latter has more of a negative connotation behind it. It’s why I use Banjo-Roos (and have been since the very first few pages if you fancy thumbing all the way back to the early few pages)
i like banjobros but i guess thats exclusionary to our banjo sis's

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
The most interesting thing to me, personally, is that there's still two slots completely unaccounted for. Whether they're in or not Erdrick and Banjo fill the next two packs with two still remaining. Likely scenario is those last two haven't started development yet so there's no info to go around, will be interesting to see what the coming months bring.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'd love to see everyone's reaction if banjo does come in. I still chuckle at arguments from a couple years ago:
"A new smash game isn't happening anytime soon, we'll get a port of smash 4 if anything"

"You're delusional if you think Ridley will be playable"

"K rool is dead, gone, forgotten, never gonna happen get over it"

Good times
It's always fun to look back at old Smash speculation posts

<content redacted - censor dodging> :chrono:

Yeah, we're not getting another KI rep. We're getting two of them. :dazwa:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
So, did the 4channers finally stop stalking this thread? I remember them screenshotting all the replies here last night. Quite sad, really.
They aren't getting exactly what they want so I bet a bunch have fled to their cesspit to stew in their hatred. With a calm mind I plan to keep a level head about this rumor. I won't lie though. Yesterday was just a tiny fraction of the madness to come if Banjo and Kazooie are confirmed, and I loved every single second of it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
They aren't getting exactly what they want so I bet a bunch have fled to their cesspit to stew in their hatred. With a calm mind I plan to keep a level head about this rumor. I won't lie though. Yesterday was just a tiny fraction of the madness to come if Banjo and Kazooie are confirmed, and I loved every single second of it.
*trailer starts

4chan and GameFAQS explodes!

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I don't know why smash fans pretend to hate irrelevant characters. I remember loads of people lost their **** when megaman was announced. Same with K rool and I bet the same thing will happen with banjo.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nobody has really legitimately leaked the DLC so far. I feel like anything can and still will happen.

We're getting at least 1 more character nobody will see coming. People think they can predict Sakurai. Nobody can!
That's the spirit, guys. :ness:

By the way, guess which game's featured on the list for Summer Games Done Quick?

https://gamesdonequick.com/submission/games-list

hinode

Smash Cadet
I hope you guys realize that a lot of people on 4chan are ****posters just for the sake of ****posting, they don't necessarily mean what they say. There are plenty of people there who will deliberately argue both sites in a single thread just to stir the pot, and others who will freely go from bashing a Ridley/K. Rool/whomever to using Ridley/K. Rool/etc. as a tool to bash other characters.

Getting angry at these sort of ****posters is just playing into their hands. They aren't actually making sincere character arguements, they just enjoy ****posting for its own sake, and if they can manage to rile up some actual characters along the way, even better.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I hope you guys realize that a lot of people on 4chan are ****posters just for the sake of ****posting, they don't necessarily mean what they say. There are plenty of people there who will deliberately argue both sites in a single thread just to stir the pot, and others who will freely go from bashing a Ridley/K. Rool/whomever to using Ridley/K. Rool/etc. as a tool to bash other characters.

Getting angry at these sort of ****posters is just playing into their hands. They aren't actually making sincere character arguements, they just enjoy ****posting for its own sake, and if they can manage to rile up some actual characters along the way, even better.
It's easy to tell who's ****posting because their arguments are dumb or they post strawmen pics depicting Banjo as some loser. I also dismiss anyone that posts that ugly Steve render. Actual Steve fans dont even like it. Some may find it funny but I don't. Plus all those ugly Steve spammers do is parrot Relevancy and Game sales as arguments when they are not forfeiting the argument with the words "Cope" and "Seething". Seriously, **** those guys.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The most fun thing to watch will be the "no western reps" argument disappear, god I can't wait.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Howdy there, Banjo thread! Folks call me Noipoi, pleased to make your acquaintance!

I'm positive you've all heard of this new rumor, and I came to say good luck to the bear and bird!

Banjo Kazooie was a bit before my time (born in 2001) but all the fellas that have played it hold it near and dear to their hearts. It'd be great to see the duo reunited Mario and the rest!

I know you've probably been told to hype responsibly, but I think you should hype all you want! Go crazy! As long as you don't send Sakurai a death threat and handle disappointment like a responsible adult, there's no harm in letting your imagination run wild. Keep in mind that at the moment it's simply a rumor, nothing's confirmed yet. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun!

Alright, i've yipped and yapped long enough. Good luck out there!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With the possible banjo rumor to me I think it’s safe to say I can at least use the duck hunt glitch as possible evidence

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Howdy there, Banjo thread! Folks call me Noipoi, pleased to make your acquaintance!

I'm positive you've all heard of this new rumor, and I came to say good luck to the bear and bird!

Banjo Kazooie was a bit before my time (born in 2001) but all the fellas that have played it hold it near and dear to their hearts. It'd be great to see the duo reunited Mario and the rest!

I know you've probably been told to hype responsibly, but I think you should hype all you want! Go crazy! As long as you don't send Sakurai a death threat and handle disappointment like a responsible adult, there's no harm in letting your imagination run wild. Keep in mind that at the moment it's simply a rumor, nothing's confirmed yet. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun!

Alright, i've yipped and yapped long enough. Good luck out there!
NOIPOI! It has has been a long time friend. Hope you are well and thanks!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey there fellow Banjo-Kazooie fans, what's u-

goes back to page 321 and reads from there

What even happened while I was gone? I did catch myself up in general from that page onwards, but sheesh... lots of crazy and interesting stuff occurred, huh?

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

I think you're a little off mate. People don't act like they are big deal because think they are monuments to gaming but rather because they are characters most people want to see added. The community holds a special place for popular characters because the community is who makes the character popular. So it's not that Isaac or Geno are big deals in general, it's that they are a big deal for Smash requests. No one really focuses on the general public or their wants because A. most of the characters the general public would know are already in the game and typically have been for most of Smash's history and B. they aren't the type to request from Sakurai. Look at the ballot it was only 2 million votes. That's not only not enough for a silent majority to edge out the hardcore base but it was just a fraction of 4's sales in general. So when people act like those characters are a big deal it's because they are here. It's the same for Banjo. Yes during his heyday he was giant but now do to disuse he's not much but he's important to the Smash fans and that's why he's still one of the largest characters talked about in Smash even when Microsoft has two characters that would make more "fiscal sense".

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Hey there fellow Banjo-Kazooie fans, what's u-

goes back to page 321 and reads from there

What even happened while I was gone? I did catch myself up in general from that page onwards, but sheesh... lots of crazy and interesting stuff occurred, huh?
Basically someone affiliated with Microsoft may or may not have put the final nail in Steve's coffin depending on if you believe him.

He also heard Banjo as a rumour.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Basically someone affiliated with Microsoft may or may not have put the final nail in Steve's coffin depending on if you believe him.
He also heard Banjo as a rumour.
Well then... things are certainly getting interesting, aren't they?

You know, it's somewhat unrelated, but there was this one "leak" that involved JSON files that I recall, with one of the characters in this list including Banjo. I honestly have no idea if it's true or not (being that it came from 4chan, it's obviously not entirely credible, but it looks far more interesting then others I've seen).

It was sort of forgotten about, but yeah: I still think about it every now and then and just wonder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom