• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Coming out of lurking, wanted to jump in to support my fellow Banjo-roos! After Grinch, I'm taking everything, no matter how seemingly legitimate, with a grain of salt, and so I'll avoid speculating. But it would be great for the bear and bird to finally come back home.
You've been gone for sometime ,I was kinda wondering what happened as your were one of the more vocal BK fans on this thread months ago.

Well good to see a regular comeback.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You've been gone for sometime ,I was kinda wondering what happened as your were one of the more vocal BK fans on this thread months ago.

Well good to see a regular comeback.
I found myself at one point being unable to be positive and motivated with Smash once it came out, and I didn't want to be overly negative. Generally, once I feel like I'm being more cynical than critical, that's my sign to bow out. But I missed a lot of the friends/acquaintances I met on here. Which is why I'll avoid speculation and just have fun chatting. :grin:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Today's been a wild ride fellas. Here's hoping things work out for us in the end.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I think the reaction to this news is quite the overreaction on both sides. The amount of ****-flinging towards Polar is ridiculous, but I wouldn't pay it any mind. There's legitimately no need to take /v/ seriously. Ignore that.

That said, while this is very interesting and has ignited the flames of support, I can't buy it just yet. Nothing in the world can make me believe Banjo has a chance until I see him in all of his glory, making a return. Let's keep a level head, guys. It isn't over and he is by no means confirmed through this. It does give me a little more reason to hope, though... but I'm gonna hype responsibly.

(Though, if Steve is definitely not in, ouch. I feel... really bad for his fans. The genuine ones, I mean, not the ones spreading that disgusting model. Namely thinking of poor TheCJBrine TheCJBrine on this one.)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This rumor reads like a wishlist from a boomer fan who can’t let go of their irrelevant Rare characters that aren’t iconic to the casual silent majority who voted characters like Goku, Shrek and “Minecraft” to the top of the ballot. Sorry, until Banjo starts showing up on Target t-shirts, his chances are slim to none.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
It feels so nice not to just constantly hear Erdrick and Steve at a constant rate though recently that slowed down

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
This rumor reads like a wishlist from a boomer fan who can’t let go of their irrelevant Rare characters that aren’t iconic to the casual silent majority who voted characters like Goku, Shrek and “Minecraft” to the top of the ballot. Sorry, until Banjo starts showing up on Target t-shirts, his chances are slim to none.
you got k rool all over your profile, that dude was irrelevant for years too. #irrelevantboyz

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Never change Kupa. You're the best.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
And you speak all this with a K.Rool avatar? That's cute.

1553520848053.jpg

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Boy, what a day huh? A lot of rumors flying around about our beloved bear and bird, things are looking up for us! Not many obstacles left, it really seems like they finally have a chance after all these years. Just gotta wait a bit longer, but it's nothing to what we've already waited eh? Only time will tell for sure.

I've got a feeling it won't be too far off, just a hunch. Seems like time is flying for me.

Chuffy will be pulling up any day now I bet. Old King Coal had better hurry it up! Might not make it in time, he can't let us all down like that... In any case, as others have said, do take leaks with a grain of salt. No one wants to be grinched again, right? Glad to see all this activity in here though!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think it's important to distinguish between a potential leak and a rumor, this being a rumor, and one not corroborated by other insiders, yet. That being said, when I saw Cuphead announced, and all of the Microsoft rumors floating around prior, it makes the idea of Rare Replay/Banjo in Smash more plausible than beforehand. Still, I agree--I won't believe anything until I see Banjo in a Direct.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
You guys do realize that "boomers" is an expression that already exists, referring to the baby boomer generation that's way older than anyone of us on here, right?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You guys do realize that "boomers" is an expression that already exists, referring to the baby boomer generation that's way older than anyone of us on here, right?
I've come to see "boomer" on the internet meaning "anyone who's older than me." I recall a while back confused, since by the numbers, I'm 27 and a millennial.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Ah, the perils of written sarcasm.
Oh. Don't recall ever seeing that user in this thread before. Was unfamiliar with the way they write. Sorry.

Still legitimately upset with all the people throwing around "boomers" on the Internet. So stupid lol.

*EDIT*
Whatever happened to "geezers", "fogeys", or "old farts" anyway? Lol

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
This is the sickest burn I’ve seen towards the Smash Bubble argument and I love it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok now what is happening? The social thread said that you guys are happy all of a sudden.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I was just on here a few hours ago, and I come back to see the entire place in flames and people running around screaming.

And for good reason.

holy ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Update from the guy Sabi talked to:

https://twitter.com/GenosPapa/status/1111473711704666112

I'll waive anonymity to add that I only said 100 per cent cuz I don't think it's true in an analytical sense, with the months-old wishy washy rumors I've heard (I personally don't think MS wants "Steve" to be the mascot of Minecraft), I wanted to privately temper his expectations

I didn't expect the convo would be pasted anywhere. I followed up with him right after that to say that plans could change and he should just take any rumors with a truck load of salt. Any concrete info I have goes up on the site.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Any chance of a sequel to your New and Relevant Characters video if/when Banjo and Kazooie get confirmed?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ah, the perils of written sarcasm.
When I read it, I immediately thought of Poe's law--when what's being parodied is too ridiculous or prevalent, it's hard to distinguish the parody from the parodied. Couldn't pin it down myself, despite the more clearer signs. :lol:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When I read it, I immediately thought of Poe's law--when what's being parodied is too ridiculous or prevalent, it's hard to distinguish the parody from the parodied. Couldn't pin it down myself, despite the more clearer signs. :lol:
It felt obviously sarcastic to me. Though in the end, I also felt it wasn't necessary at any point. The topic's in praise mode. Why add anything negative just for the sake of it. I mean, it's one thing to look at the rumor and try to dissect it. I feel it's not that ironclad as it appeared at first. I'm fairly skeptical of it. it does make me feel stronger about Banjo's chances, but that's about it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
What is he talking about?
Basically
-Just a rumor
-Take it with a grain of salt
-Said Steve wasn't happening because all the rumors based off him aren't at all logical while also Thinking Microsoft doesn't want Steve as Minecraft's mascot (which to give him credit on this one. A senior editor of a Microsoft centered news site is going to know Microsoft more then the rest of us. )
-Plans can change at any point

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Basically
-Just a rumor
-Take it with a grain of salt
-Said Steve wasn't happening because all the rumors based off him aren't at all logical while also Thinking Microsoft doesn't want Steve as Minecraft's mascot (which to give him credit on this one. A senior editor of a Microsoft centered news site is going to know Microsoft more then the rest of us. )
-Plans can change at any point
Ahh I see. As for all of you this seems pretty awesome but it is a rumor at this point and we must take it with salt. And dont forget everyone...
693E7C9A-F310-481D-91AC-57A8B051913F.jpeg

jose verde

Smash Rookie
[QUOTE = "jose verde, post: 23156940, miembro: 429602"] En Project Dream, encontré una canción oculta, creo que es el tema principal al principio. No suena bien, pero puedes modificar esta canción:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_6pPn4zdtw

Lo encontré en:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w72kj20YNA0

El tráiler de Project Dream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdCBctyO7pA
Tienes que preguntarle a Rare ahora mismo sobre esta canción, el tema principal principal temprano. Tienes que preguntar a Rare si han found a ROM de canciones de Project Dream, como lo hicieron para Rare Replay, nosotros, los fans, hemos estado esperando durante años en las canciones y los diseños de los personajes beta de Banjo-Kazooie: Gigante, Babe, Elvking y Big Foot y Project Dream desaparecidos: Timmy, Billy el loro, Big Belly, Bully, Cocktail, Ella, Swedish, los padres de Kazooie (iban a aparecer en Dream). [/ CITA]

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But the way he worded
"I didn't expect the convo would be pasted anywhere."
Makes me feel like the conversation wasn't supposed to go very far outside a few select people, 4chan easily found the guy half way through the thread on this topic. Makes me feel kinda bad for him.

Top Bottom