• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I read a few posts back a couple pages about Castlevania and Mega Man never really going fully dormant/having new content prior to release, and the same can apply to Banjo-Kazooie. Just last year they received one of their largest forays back into 'relevancy' with a new line of merch and in-game cameos for their 20th anniversary. They're a frontrunner for Rare Replay which to date is one of the Xbone's biggest exclusive titles. Even more recently they have been in the new GamePass thing and are serving a similar purpose in being one of the faces promoting it, among famous personalities like Master Chief. All I know is I hope y'all have your birds ready because there may be some turbulence up ahead...

Remember bears still need a bird to fly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Banjo-Bros rose the **** up, I'm proud of you all and I hope this is real cause Banjo would be so cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Tbh, Banjo was always an interesting character for me, in terms of wanting him in Smash. I used to be against his inclusion with a passion, since I always preferred Steve.

But tbh, I have a change of heart, and I feel like Banjo would be pretty neato in Smash, as well...

Never thought I'd be saying this, but sign me up!

I support Banjo Kazooie's inclusion

Here's hoping we finally get the last piece to the puzzle

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
So is PolarPanda the same person as Sabi? I found Sabi's info in the discord.

It seems the writer for the major Microsoft site (who Sabi refers to) reached out in the discord to say what he heard were just rumors. It sounds like we shouldnt take the info too seriously.

(Guy who claims to be the writer is named Jez if you want to look him up in the discord)

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
For the record,

The journalist joined my Discord server a few hours ago, and commented on the situation about how the stuff he has heard as a Microsoft journalist are just rumors. Although in the screenshots I've shown Nazyrus Nazyrus and others, he was a lot more confident in the actual messages, at least regarding the stuff he said about Steve. Since he outright said who he was in my server, I guess it's open to discuss now. He's a senior editor from Windows Central. I'll still censor out his name and pfp in this post, out of respect, and so you can see his bold claim about Steve:

censored.png

Also, I hope all of this shuts up the two or three idiots on 4chan who claimed I "LARPed" this entire situation, lol.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thanks for the information. It's nice to have something concrete beyond theories. I mean, they're both rumors regardless, but still.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For the record,

The journalist joined my Discord server a few hours ago, and commented on the situation about how the stuff he has heard as a Microsoft journalist are just rumors. Although in the screenshots I've shown Nazyrus Nazyrus and others, he was a lot more confident in the actual messages, at least regarding the stuff he said about Steve. Since he outright said who he was in my server, I guess it's open to discuss now. He's a senior editor from Windows Central. I'll still censor out his name and pfp in this post, out of respect, and so you can see his bold claim about Steve:

View attachment 202258

Also, I hope all of this shuts up the two or three idiots on 4chan who claimed I "LARPed" this entire situation, lol.
What's Windows central now that I think about it?

For the record,

View attachment 202258

So people are saying that he’s backpedaling on his Steve claim now, is that true?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
For the record,

View attachment 202258

Yeah the 4chan thread is trying to eat you alive :(

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For the record,

View attachment 202258

If nothing else, this whole thing definitely isn't LARPed, lol.

D

Deleted member

For the record,

View attachment 202258

Polar I don't give a **** about those 4chan rejects. You're doing God's work here, and God is pleased.

So am I. I am very pleased by this. Thanks for being as transparent as possible about this.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
So people are saying that he’s backpedaling on his Steve claim now, is that true?
Not at all. When he joined my server, he simply claimed that the stuff he heard is just rumors. While in the messages I posted, you can see he talks about Steve, at least, with certainty. I guess, in a way, you can say him calling them rumors and not mentioning how sure he is of it is backpeddling, but he at least isn't pretending it is all fake.

You can trust me when I say that what I share is genuine. I don't make up any of this stuff, lol.

Not at all. When he joined my server, he simply claimed that the stuff he heard is just rumors. While in the messages I posted, you can see he talks about Steve, at least, with certainty. I guess, in a way, you can say him calling them rumors and not mentioning how sure he is of it is backpeddling, but he at least isn't pretending it is all fake.

You can trust me when I say that what I share is genuine. I don't make up any of this stuff, lol.
Thank you for clearing that up!

D

Deleted member

His clarification/understating is just to safeguard.
If he needs a safeguard, that speaks about his confidence on the info. Granted, he's claiming big **** so it'd be irresponsible to not do so, but something tells me he's second-guessing himself after his excitement cooled over. I'm skeptical. Though, private messages are different compared to over a 500 member discord. Hmm... Possibilities.

If he needs a safeguard, that speaks about his confidence on the info. Granted, he's claiming big **** so it'd be irresponsible to not do so, but something tells me he's second-guessing himself after his excitement cooled over. I'm skeptical. Though, private messages are different compared to over a 500 member discord. Hmm... Possibilities.
And it’s definitely interesting just how confident he was about Steve 100% not happening. That’s a ballsy statement

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If he needs a safeguard, that speaks about his confidence on the info. Granted, he's claiming big **** so it'd be irresponsible to not do so, but something tells me he's second-guessing himself after his excitement cooled over. I'm skeptical. Though, private messages are different compared to over a 500 member discord.
Generally insiders undersell or give vague public claims to a) not tip their hand too much/incriminate their sources and b) leave wiggle room in case some details don't pan out. Reputation is not unimportant, and we've all seen how hostile reception can be if claims aren't followed to the letter.

I don't think this is any different than that. There's usually a notable divide between how claims are relayed publicly versus privately.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
On a different note, whether you are pro-Banjo or pro-Steve, you gotta admit this gif is something remarkable. I was laughing my butt off for about an hour.

Attachments

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

Regardless if this is true or not, you've given this thread a new spark of hope in these dark times. Godspeed Rei

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Mind if i step in? Besides what PolarPanda PolarPanda has been hearing, i'm very optimistic about the future of Microsoft's relationship with Nintendo if what we know is to be true.

At the end of the day, these are just rumours, no matter the track record we shouldn't always hold to the candle.
Also hey Smashboards.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So, I heard the news. Pretty nutty stuff, huh? Banjo actually looks like he actually has more than a snowball's chance in the fire side of Hailfire Peaks to get in. Never thought I'd see the day.

Back in the days of Brawl and 4, such a thought was nothing but a pipe dream, and I had other characters to be more preoccupied over with more viable chances of getting in; Mega Man, Little Mac, Ridley, K. Rool, Simon... I believed that if I hoped for Banjo in a future Smash game, I'd have been woefully disappointed. It just didn't seem worth the stress for a character that was unlikely to get in; I was already dying of anxiety for wanting Ridley in Smash 4, a character I assumed to be likely for that game.

If some of you recall, I made a post in this thread recounting my feelings of Banjo in Smash; not exactly the textbook definition of optimism. So, has my opinion changed since?

...Yes and no. In my eternal cynicism, even in the light of these news, I'll still only believe Banjo is in Smash when I witness his fuzzy glory in official footage; but I won't lie, this is definitely the first time I've felt Banjo has a genuine shot at actually being in Smash, and that makes me both happy, and a little weary.

So, I went from depressing pessimism to cautious and passive optimism. Hopeful enough that he might, MIGHT get in... but not hopeful enough to make a big fuzz about it. For one because you may just never know what will happen, and because... to be honest, I'm already satisfied with Ultimate's roster as it is; Banjo and Kazooie at this point would be the creme de la creme, the cherry on top a delicious cake... but the cake is still delightful as it is without it.

So, screw it, put me on that support list. Let's see where this path leads us.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Coming out of lurking, wanted to jump in to support my fellow Banjo-roos! After Grinch, I'm taking everything, no matter how seemingly legitimate, with a grain of salt, and so I'll avoid speculating. But it would be great for the bear and bird to finally come back home.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It's just refreshing to hear other names being thrown around now. Was getting real sick of just seeing Steve and Erdrick being thrown around none stop with no proof to back them up.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Wow so much activity here! Welcome 97+ guests! That is some optimistic news about Banjo & Kazooie. Though I'm gonna keep my hype in check until the real deal.
On a different note, whether you are pro-Banjo or pro-Steve, you gotta admit this gif is something remarkable. I was laughing my butt off for about an hour.
What in God's name...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Wow so much activity here! Welcome 97+ guests! That is some optimistic news about Banjo & Kazooie. Though I'm gonna keep my hype in check until the real deal.

What in God's name...
Earlier we had something like 160 some guests and only 27 users.

Top Bottom