• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Isn't that theory that :ultswordfighter: is for Erdrick? This seems like a variant concocted by Lloyd fans.
Mii Swordfighter also has a few specials that would be the perfect base for Lloyd's moveset.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
You can find out some details by joining my Discord server and checking the image in #announcements:
https://t.co/GhAkwRsqvq
I don't like sharing these things publicly because I get criticized for even speculating incorrectly now-a-days. My Server is for me to discuss and share info without taking a stance on it. And for those details, you can find them there :) But long story short, yes it is good for Banjo's chances.
*reads the details in Discord*

Hmm, that is definitely interesting. It's not a lot, admittedly, but it is definitely...something.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Banjo would singlehandedly save the Fighter's Pass for me. I'd buy the whole thing without even caring about the other characters in it as a show of faith. The other three could be Goku, Shrek, and Spongebob for all I care. If Banjo got in, I legitimately think I'd cry my eyes out.

Not getting my hopes up, though. I'm used to being burned over Banjo. This is insanely good news, though, even if rather minute.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I don't have Discord on my phone anymore could someone maybe PM me the stuff if it's not going to be shared public? I'd really appreciate it. I'm really curious to hear about this boon for Banjo

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I could be eating my words at some point in the future but that new info just confirms it for me. Die in a fire 5chan leak.
You know, I've been hoping that leak was garbo. Banjo in would make me happy as a character, and destroy that terrible leak.
But yeah, I'm putting faith on this one. While the Banjo part is still up for grabs, Steve is basically screwed, imo.
Oh, and many here forgot that the 343 dude also deconfirmed Master Chief, so it's basically Banjo competing with himself or Cuphead if you want to make that stretch

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You know, I've been hoping that leak was garbo. Banjo in would make me happy as a character, and destroy that terrible leak.
But yeah, I'm putting faith on this one. While the Banjo part is still up for grabs, Steve is basically screwed, imo.
Oh, and many here forgot that the 343 dude also deconfirmed Master Chief, so it's basically Banjo competing with himself or Cuphead if you want to make that stretch
Cuphead has also been deconfirmed.

SKX31

Smash Master
On the 343 stuff, please refer to my post in page 308 and lets leave it at that.

As for the PolarPanda stuff? Yea, not going to commit fully to it either in case it's leakbait. Sounds really, really promising though. Lets just hope that there is a Threeie in the works - even though that probably will take a while.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
On the 343 stuff, please refer to my post in page 308 and lets leave it at that.

As for the PolarPanda stuff? Yea, not going to commit fully to it either in case it's leakbait. Sounds really, really promising though. Lets just hope that there is a Threeie in the works - even though that probably will take a while.
If you never want to open your Master Chief theory up to debate, it doesn't instill the highest level of confidence.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Bros.....Just when I was about to lose faith....they pull me back in! Guh-huh Gang for life!

1549244056323.gif

BZocky

Smash Ace
I read a few posts back a couple pages about Castlevania and Mega Man never really going fully dormant/having new content prior to release, and the same can apply to Banjo-Kazooie. Just last year they received one of their largest forays back into 'relevancy' with a new line of merch and in-game cameos for their 20th anniversary. They're a frontrunner for Rare Replay which to date is one of the Xbone's biggest exclusive titles. Even more recently they have been in the new GamePass thing and are serving a similar purpose in being one of the faces promoting it, among famous personalities like Master Chief. All I know is I hope y'all have your birds ready because there may be some turbulence up ahead...

Troykv

Smash Master
I just returned after some days... what exactly happened with Steve, or the other Microsoft people?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I read a few posts back a couple pages about Castlevania and Mega Man never really going fully dormant/having new content prior to release, and the same can apply to Banjo-Kazooie. Just last year they received one of their largest forays back into 'relevancy' with a new line of merch and in-game cameos for their 20th anniversary. They're a frontrunner for Rare Replay which to date is one of the Xbone's biggest exclusive titles. Even more recently they have been in the new GamePass thing and are serving a similar purpose in being one of the faces promoting it, among famous personalities like Master Chief. All I know is I hope y'all have your birds ready because there may be some turbulence up ahead...

Exactly. It's why I consider the relevancy argument pretty poor to use when it comes to B&K. There's no point to it. They're relevant as is.

SKX31

Smash Master
If you never want to open your Master Chief theory up to debate, it doesn't instill the highest level of confidence.
It's not about that. I literally admited that my theory could be (and likely is) off the rails.

Instead, I posted that since I don't want this thread to be swamped - again - by Steve / Master Chief discussion. Not when Frank's a troll on Sakurai and Ed Boon's level. And especially not when we have two threads dedicated to the other charcters (their respective threads as well as the Xbox general, which Banjo shares with the two). The whole shebang that happened back 20-30 pages ago really didn't do many favors.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ok we have more people here than the Social thread.

We need to get the guests out before the Isle of Hags sinks!

/s

D

Deleted member

Banjo would singlehandedly save the Fighter's Pass for me. I'd buy the whole thing without even caring about the other characters in it as a show of faith. The other three could be Goku, Shrek, and Spongebob for all I care. If Banjo got in, I legitimately think I'd cry my eyes out.

Not getting my hopes up, though. I'm used to being burned over Banjo. This is insanely good news, though, even if rather minute.
I have to agree for the most part. After the outright massacre of discomfirmations in the November Direct (i count Spirits as "Soft" Discomfirmations for now) i had no else to root for, and almost every single idea for a Smash Newcomer for Ult DLC is outright unappealing to me (inlcuding those that have been confirmed, but Banjo is one of those sole exceptions.

I should mention that i have no attachment to Banjo and Kazooie as characters, i never grew up on the 64 era (im old as the Smash Series itslef), im not super into collect-a-thons, i just like the characters, i think they look and are really appealing. Plus i love the Rareware charm of the 90's

I don't want to get my hopes up either but ****, i know how it feels to get the one character you thought that never was gonna happen, so maybe it can happen again?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So how does one person having info on Microsoft stuff mean Banjo has a higher chance?
Of course I want B-K in but just wanna know how and y, seems like the user was absent almost the entire month then dropped a bomb.

So how does one person having info on Microsoft stuff mean Banjo has a higher chance?
Of course I want B-K in but just wanna know how and y, seems like the user was absent almost the entire month then dropped a bomb.
This person said they’ve been told by someone that Banjo is happening and that Steve is 100% not happening by someone who would absolutely know

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
PolarPanda has been rather credible to my knowledge, and it's not like no one else has been saying Banjo-Kazooie.

PolarPanda has also verified her usual source with a lot of SmashBoards users, but I don't know who she got this info from (I'm not one of the members who's "in the know").

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Ok we have more people here than the Social thread.

We need to get the guests out before the Isle of Hags sinks!

/s
Quick, to the HAG-1!

And don't forget the quizzes while we're at it! They're the most important pieces of the drill-tank!

/s

I have to agree for the most part. After the outright massacre of discomfirmations in the November Direct (i count Spirits as "Soft" Discomfirmations for now) i had no else to root for, and almost every single idea for a Smash Newcomer for Ult DLC is outright unappealing to me (inlcuding those that have been confirmed, but Banjo is one of those sole exceptions.

I should mention that i have no attachment to Banjo and Kazooie as characters, i never grew up on the 64 era (im old as the Smash Series itslef), im not super into collect-a-thons, i just like the characters, i think they look and are really appealing. Plus i love the Rareware charm of the 90's

I don't want to get my hopes up either but ****, i know how it feels to get the one character you thought that never was gonna happen, so maybe it can happen again?
Those are perfectly valid reasons to root for characters - welcome aboard. And yea, I understand how you feel as someone who was drawn in by the characters primarily. As a kid I did find the more difficult segments a bit tedious at points (Grunty's Industries, the 6th level in Tooie, especially), but the characters helped me stick around. Perhaps not revolutionary nor the most in depth writing, but you don't need that if the Banjo franchise wasn't going to focus on it exclusively in the first place. The characters and the interactions are really nice bonuses and helped Kazooie / Tooie stand out compared to Mario 64 and other 3D platformers of the era.

Emotions are powerful, and can be helpful. It's difficult to really resist them from taking over though (trust me), but still. Lets hope the duo gets a new lease of life such as a Smash appearance. Something, at least.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
This person said they’ve been told by someone that Banjo is happening and that Steve is 100% not happening by someone who would absolutely know
Just for the record, the Window's Central editor said he heard one person telling him about Banjo in Smash.

He also heard Steve is 100% not happening, however.

Last edited:
Top Bottom