• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
  1. Do we still "desperately" need villains after :ultkrool::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultpiranha:?
  2. Since when Mother is a big franchise?
1. Porky isn't iconic, but he is the next Nintendo villain in line besides Pig Ganon that deserves to be in the roster.

2. Mother isn't a big franchise, but it has impacted the gaming community mostly the RPG genre.

D

Deleted member

We doing DLC expectations now?

Here’s who I’m expecting to be in the pass
BD684EB9-6639-4BF0-ABD6-51DB199C97BE.jpeg

Yes I’m expecting both of them

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Man, I hate that guy, He's as clickbait crap as it comes on Youtube, I never watched his videos before ,But the guy literally puts videos up every day, I will never give him the satifaction of getting views from me, But it makes me wonder, What the hell does he even talk about for like 10 minutes which seems to be the average length of his videos, There's only so much you can talk about without pulling things outta your ***, It makes me wonder what's he gonna do once Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC cycle comes to an end and Support wraps up.

Probably come up with BS rumors of a Season 2 Pass (Which isn't impossible),But will probably keep making videos about it just to come up with content and get some views.
Actually, he doesn't even come close to putting out a video every single day and what he does post is far from clickbait. In fact, one of his most recent videos talks about multiple different recent developments for the sole purpose of NOT putting out multiple videos within a week. Also, his videos are as long as they are because he doesn't usually script them. He's very thorough, very careful to make sure he quotes what he reports clearly, and on top of that, remains adamant that you look into anything he talks about lest you have any doubts. He's never claimed to be a leaker, just a fan like us who likes to talk about smash. I don't know why your opinions of him are as negative as they are. I can only surmise they are assumptions and nothing more. Either way, you clearly don't know him or his ways and as such, should refrain from dragging him through the mud and spreading false words. Thank you

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I haven't seen him brought up in ages, not since the possible Bamco leaks reports. I guess people don't put any stock into them anymore, not even the insiders.
I think he is really the only Mii costume left along with Monster Hunter from Smash 4's DLC that hasn't shown up in Ultimate in any form. I wouldn't be suprised if Lloyd is in the Season Pass along with Monster Hunter to be honest.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
  1. Do we still "desperately" need villains after :ultkrool::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultpiranha:?
  2. Since when Mother is a big franchise?
You can never have too many villains :demon:

As for Mother, I just like the characters. It's not really a necessary addition, just figure if Porky's a contender, it might be nice to see the original protagonist make an appearance as a playable character in Smash! At least as an echo lol

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Actually, he doesn't even come close to putting out a video every single day and what he does post is far from clickbait. In fact, one of his most recent videos talks about multiple different recent developments for the sole purpose of NOT putting out multiple videos within a week. Also, his videos are as long as they are because he doesn't usually script them. He's very thorough, very careful to make sure he quotes what he reports clearly, and on top of that, remains adamant that you look into anything he talks about lest you have any doubts. He's never claimed to be a leaker, just a fan like us who likes to talk about smash. I don't know why your opinions of him are as negative as they are. I can only surmise they are assumptions and nothing more. Either way, you clearly don't know him or his ways and as such, should refrain from dragging him through the mud and spreading false words. Thank you
i agree idk why people were so quick to bash this dude. he's making youtube content for the smash community. Many people are happy to watch videos going over potential leaks. i dont see the problem. H8rs gonna h8 i guess?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If I had to be realistic with DLC choices than outside of obviously wanting Banjo-Kazooie, Than I would also be pumped if Crash Bandicoot made it in, He's my 2nd realistic big 3rd Party Newcomer and I wouldn't mind a another Pokemon representing the next generation (8th Gen) soon. I want Banjo-Kazooie more than anyone, But I will take the other 2 as consolation prizes if Banjo-Kazooie doesn't make it in.

Realistic DLC choices that I want

1.Banjo-Kazooie
2 Crash Bandicoot
3.Pokemon 8th Generation rep

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
At this point, my top picks for remaining DLC would be:

1. Banjo-Kazooie (duh)
2. Sora (The only Square Enix character I'm actually really familiar with)
3. Bandana Waddle Dee (To complete the main Kirby team...assuming Sakurai Bias doesn't come into play).
4. Any other character they feel would work

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
My DLC would consist of:

1. Banjo & Kazooie
  2. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
  3. Rayman
  4. Shantae
Even though I'm not sure of the veracity of spirits deconfirming fighters the same way Assist Trophies apparently do, I'd still love to see Rayman and Shantae as playable fighters. Chrono Trigger is a game I've been wanting to play for ages, far more than any Final Fantasy game, and hopefully at some point I'll get my hands on a copy (I know there's a DS version I could get a hold of I'm sure) and I figure Crono would be a good counterpart to Cloud. Chrono Trigger was a big game on the SNES after all. I'd personally prefer Chrono Trigger over Dragon Quest, although I know Dragon Quest is a far bigger franchise and there is evidence supporting it in Smash. I'd be alright with either or in the end. They don't take priority over Banjo & Kazooie, of course. No one does, honestly. They get in, I'm satisfied with whoever else.

D

Deleted member

My dream DLC would be:

Geno
Banjo
Mach Rider
Chorus Kids
Duster

Geno and Banjo are obvious choices for fan favorites, Mach Rider and Chorus Kids would be some of the most unique Roster additions to date and my dude Duster has to rep that potential Mother 3 localization and if not just add my dude anyways cause he's super cool.

ChrisNonyminus

Smash Rookie
If I were to pick the last 4 characters, here'd be my picks:
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Porky (perhaps? Not sure. Other characters I'd put in this exact slot would be Shantae, Rayman, or heck, a Touhou rep, even (despite the fact I've never played a touhou game))
4. Doomguy
5. A Square rep (Geno, Sora, or Chrono. Erdrick is fine, I guess)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My wishlist of who I would dream of being all the Season Pass are:

1. Goemon (My most wanted and is a pipe dream pick more than anybody else I want.)

2. Banjo & Kazooie (Most likely happening because of their potential extraordinary performance in the Smash Ballot and Phil Spencer gives them the thumbs up as well as wanting them in.)

3. Dixie Kong (I want to see the core main cast of DKC completely represented in the roster. Also, Dixie is my favorite Kong. :)

4. Porky (Awesome villain that would be another mach fighter. We don't have enough of those, Bowser Jr. is the only mach fighter on the roster right now.)

I would have put Krystal on the list as well as Pig Ganon had they not been deconfirmed as a Assist Trophy and a boss.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We're very possibly looking at not a single one of the DLC characters even being halfway decent.
Im with you. It really does seem that i will be saving a lot of money if the DLC is taking this direction.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
1. Banjo-Kazooie

2. Dig Dug

3. Spyro

4. Sora

Yeah, yeah. I know I'm old. Just let me relive my childhood lol

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
Porky and Banjo are probably the two characters I'm expecting the most just because there's more evidence pointing towards their inclusion than "Vergoborgo said he's in so he's in".

Wouldn't really care if I'm wrong though, I already got :ultridley: so I'm content either way.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There are always conspicuous absences of some character in Smash. Porky is Porky, he's a villain of mediocre/low demand from a three-game series with two existing characters, no titles in thirteen years, no western titles in twenty-four years, and no promise of more to come.

Him not being a spirit is not enough to outweigh all those marks against him.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There are always conspicuous absences of some character in Smash. Porky is Porky, he's a villain of mediocre/low demand from a three-game series with two existing characters, no titles in thirteen years, no western titles in twenty-four years, and no promise of more to come.

Him not being a spirit is not enough to outweigh all those marks against him.
Mother's localization was released in 2015.

But yeah sadly a new Mother character may be unlikely, even if Smash does give the series a lot of love.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
My wishlist would be:

Banjo kazooie -(duh)

Doomguy- undeniable legendary franchise. Helped spark the fps genre. I think sakurai can find the sweetspot of being toned down for smash, but still brutal enough.

Crash: my best friend's most wanted. Would be nice to have a rep from all 3 consoles (even tho he technically isn't PlayStation anymore)

Either Isaac or geno: not for me, but for their fans. I think Isaac fans especially had it rough this game. With combination of a supposedly fan service based roster, the ratholos tweet and the golden sun item, things were looking up for them until that November direct.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Mother's localization was released in 2015.

But yeah sadly a new Mother character may be unlikely, even if Smash does give the series a lot of love.
Sakurai didn't count Takamaru's localization, probably won't count this one either.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
If gamepass makes it to Switch it exponentially boosts the chances of both BK and Master Chief. Halo would finally be on Nintendo and BK would be back to Nintendo.

I hope it happens, I'd love to play the MCC on my switch, and both BK and MC deserve spots in Smash IMO.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Allright then here are my choices:

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2.Crash Bandicoot
3. Sora
4.Shantae

These last few weeks I've been trying to keep my hopes down because I really really want Banjo and Crash in the game! But I'm trying to be realistic and hope that at least one of the two make it in.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

A look back to the Japanese commercial of Banjo-Tooie. Here, the game is called Banjo-Kazooie 2

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Things like this make me have a hard time believing people who say Banjo isn’t popular in Japan
I'm not saying he isn't popular in Japan, but just having a Japanese trailer doesn't mean much. It'd be like saying all Japanese games with trailers in the west are automatically popular here. There are a lot of commercials for games out there, especially in pre-internet times; the companies want their products to sell.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Dream DLC for me would be:

- Dixie Kong (most wanted, would by itself make the roster feel complete)
- Banjo Kazooie (bring them back with Nintendo)
- Geno (with Banjo, one of the last huge fan favourites, love Mario RPG and his moveset would be insanely fun)
- Rayman (legit think this is fairly likely, nostalgia pick)

I'm not saying he isn't popular in Japan, but just having a Japanese trailer doesn't mean much. It'd be like saying all Japanese games with trailers in the west are automatically popular here. There are a lot of commercials for games out there, especially in pre-internet times; the companies want their products to sell.
Fair enough. It just seems like they put together a pretty nice piece of promotional advertisement for something that was made over in the west. Maybe I’m just ignorant to how things are over there haha

Top Bottom