• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Yes it’s the same person
If it means anything, I believe you. Though there may have been a tiny bit of miscommunication. I think when PolarPanda told you that they saw some good points for Banjo, they meant that stuff we've already seen like Phil Spencer's quote and things like that. I don't think Polar is hinting at knowing new information on Banjo. Either way, I don't know what conversation you had so I could be completely wrong here. But thank you, I appreciate you wanting to give us a morale boost :)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 3.59.13 PM.png

Well there it is, that's all there was. When we (Polar and me) hear something from her sources, she will be making it public. She actually makes sure and verify what she hears before saying anything public, unlike Verge who has screwed more than once going out saying stuff he doesn't end verifying with all his sources lol. So yeah, if there is anything, it will be public when she verifies it. Plain and simple. Let's not get hyped over stuff that aren't confirmed yet by any means, it's not healthy, we can cheer up and maintain the hype through other ways.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 194349
Well there it is, that's all there was. When we (Polar and me) hear something from her sources, she will be making it public. She actually makes sure and verify what she hears before saying anything public, unlike Verge who has screwed more than once going out saying stuff he doesn't end verifying with all his sources lol. So yeah, if there is anything, it will be public when she verifies it. Plain and simple. Let's not get hyped over stuff that aren't confirmed yet by any means, it's not healthy, we can cheer up and maintain the hype through other ways.
Yes. No more playing the telephone game. That's been used so much there ought to be a telephone icon at this point.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yes. No more playing the telephone game. That's been used so much there ought to be a telephone icon at this point.
Pretty much lol. Banjo has a lot in favor already. The brave thing is most probably related to the SE rep or something else entirely, it doesn't affect Banjo whatsoever in the end. I'm as hyped as i can get with his chances because they are just big as they are now. It's just a waiting game now and crossing fingers.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Eh. If it's Erdrick next I fully expect for Steve to come right after considering how they are always said together. And with them goes my hope of the last two DLC characters being anything good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 194349
Ok I’ll stop playing telephone with you guys

I just want things to be cheerful in here that’s all

Last edited by a moderator:

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
Eh. If it's Erdrick next I fully expect for Steve to come right after considering how they are always said together. And with them goes my hope of the last two DLC characters being anything good.
They are only mentioned together in the 5 character leak, which many are skeptical of because it claims everyone will be revealed by E3

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wanted to ask you guys something real quick. What Rare character would you guys go support after Banjo & Kazooie get in?

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
View attachment 194349
Ah, I thought something seemed iffy there.
Yes. No more playing the telephone game.
Hear, hear!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Again Datamining will always be the best clue towards characters and right now there is a zoning character who is short, floats, and slides. Coupled with the Duck Hunt t glitch and I think most actual clues are pointing towards Banjo in Smash.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Again Datamining will always be the best clue towards characters and right now there is a zoning character who is short, floats, and slides. Coupled with the Duck Hunt t glitch and I think most actual clues are pointing towards Banjo in Smash.
Speaking of which, has there been any news on if any other character in All Star has corrupted the game? I just ask because perhaps a female that would corrupt the game would be used as a base for Jane.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Jane is part of one of the Jack strings/files, then I don't see why it'd be a separate character?

You may have misunderstood. Not every block would be present on the stage all at once. Wool and TNT are distinct enough from each other to be placed on the stage via specials, while blocks like furnaces and shulkers would only ever be present in throw animations and would disappear afterwards. That said, it's obvious enough what the blocks are from the normal stage distance (even if they're pixels), and that's just solved by not putting too many similar blocks

And I don't see how adding new joints to fix animations would still make him look out of place? Of course I don't know whether Sakurai will care enough to do it (or even add Steve for that matter), but clearly that would fix the problems you were talking about.
the Steve stuff is really a matter of opinion.

imo I can imagine him looking fine, even with right-angled limbs. Anyone who's played Minecraft can tell what the blocks are; the textures are 16x and you can see what the blocks are even when dropped on the ground, not to mention from afar when actually placed down. Some blocks are obvious i.e. wood, logs, TNT, and even a furnace if it can be lit. Items are mostly obvious.

Last edited:

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
Evidence Brave is a zoning character?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
What would you all prefer his reveal trailer to be like?
1. A recreation of the Banjo-Kazooie intro with Nintendo characters
2. A recreation of the first Super Smash Brothers commerical for Nintendo 64 but it includes Banjo. Full recreation including costumes and the "Happy together" song.
1550190774814.jpg

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to ask you guys something real quick. What Rare character would you guys go support after Banjo & Kazooie get in?
I honestly would want another B-K character. Grunty or Mumbo are the two that come to mind. Unrealistically, it'd be cool if one was announced alongside Banjo as another DLC char (just for Banjo being long overdue).

In all reality, however, the most likely Rare rep after Banjo is probably Zitz.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think Grunty would make an excellent Smash character being a heavy weight spellcaster in the same vein as Zelda or Palutena only you know, super thick.

Her victory animation would be sexy Grunty of course

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'd like it if we got a killer instinct character. Preferably sabrewulf or riptor. Realistically we'd probably get fulgore considering he's the scorpion of KI. Although if we were to get any KI content at all it'll probably be a spirit or costume.

Can't forget KI's amazing soundtrack. From both the old and new games.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
2. A recreation of the first Super Smash Brothers commerical for Nintendo 64 but it includes Banjo. Full recreation including costumes and the "Happy together" song.
View attachment 194376
I would absolutely love a recreation of the original Smash Bros. 64 commercial with Banjo inserted into it! It'd be a great reference to the N64 era AND the anniversary of Super Smash Bros.!

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Yes I'm extremely biased but Conker, even though he's my main priority right now. Forget who said this, but Conker is the Batman to Banjo's Superman. There's just no denying that. I'm not gonna get into franchise sales and stuff, but after Banjo I would say that Conker is definitely the next most iconic face from Rare. Bad Fur Day completely dismantled the precedent of 3D platformerers that Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie pioneered, putting a twist on it with its own unique flair and creativity. To this day, I stand by my statement that there is no game quite like Bad Fur Day. At its core, to me, Conker is a Nintendo game that gave the middle finger to what it means to be a Nintendo game, but it was put together in a way that still makes it feel like Nintendo. I know there's a big split among people about what their favorite Rare franchises are after Banjo, but I just feel like Conker deserves it.

View attachment 194376
I would want sort of a long intro cutscene showing different beautiful scenery like trees, mountains, rivers etc. (clearly looks like Banjo-Kazooie’s environment in hindsight but we don’t know just yet). Then it slowly pans down on a shot of a house in the corner of mountain before the famous speech bubble comes up as we see Banjo-Kazooie exchanging goofy dialogue as they check their mail, when they discover the Smash invitation. They both look shocked, then Kazooie finishes the dialogue with something witty as they run off into the distance as a puzzle piece transition goes into their gameplay.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
After Banjo-Kazooie I would probably go with Conker or Dixie Kong, A Battletoads or Killer Instinct would be cool too, But I feel like Rare's platformer characters have a higher profile and are more memorable and fitting for Smash.

His chances aren't unfortunately high ,But If I had to chose it would be Conker, I like Dixie too and would like her in Smash, But I think that the Donkey Kong franchise for the most part is represented well with Donkey Kong (Main Protagonist), Diddy Kong (Main Sidekick) and King K. Rool (Main Antagonist)

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I was thinking we could incorporate red and gold feathers into banjo's moveset to make him even more unique. Maybe red feathers could effect his recovery depending how many you have. Gold feathers could be a down B

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
I think Grunty would make an excellent Smash character being a heavy weight spellcaster in the same vein as Zelda or Palutena only you know, super thick.

Her victory animation would be sexy Grunty of course
It would be really cool to see an interactive Final Smash, where she would do a quiz question. The ones who answer right take less damage and knockback than if they guess wrong.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
View attachment 194376
Since B-K is music oriented I would love to see various Nintendo characters playing their respective instruments. Link on Ocarina, Zelda on Harp, DK on bongos, and others on various instruments with Toon Link conducting them all. They do fairly well until the sounds of a tuning Banjo are heard. Some of the newcomers dont recognize it, but Mario, Dk, and the older characters know. Curtains furl back to show Banjo and Kazooie. Title card reads "Banjo & Kazooie make an encore!" They start playing their theme song with the others contributing in kind. Diddy would be especially thrilled due to them being racing partners. Once the theme ends Banjo and Kazooie join the others in playing the Smash bros theme when the screen turns a green tinge. Camera pans up to see Bowser, K.rool and Gruntilda plotting over a boiling Dingpot. They all laugh maniacally before flying away to ruin the heroes party. Bowser in his Clown car, K.Rool with his Heli-pack, and Grunty on her broomstick. Cut to gameplay, then cut to final scene with the 3 villains bursting into the theater. As they hover there Banjo, Mario, and DK with Diddy jump up to do battle. Fade to black. "Releasing today!" Is the final end card.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I was thinking we could incorporate red and gold feathers into banjo's moveset to make him even more unique. Maybe red feathers could effect his recovery depending how many you have. Gold feathers could be a down B

That would be cool, kinda like Resource management to an extent, it'll show you how many Red Feathers Banjo and Kazooie have on their Icon and it'll slowly replenish over time or something so you could technically spam their Up-Special as much as you want depending on how many Red feathers you had left- just like in Banjo-Kazooie itself lmao, imagine a much faster Villager Recovery but you can't go up-ward if you dont have any red feathers.

As for Gold Feathers Maybe it could give Banjo I-Frames for a few seconds? as an option to land back onstage? but during the move you can't attack like in the game but has a small hitbox around The Duo if anyone gets too close?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like the ideas for Grunty. James Bond was a consideration during Melee so maybe him, but only for 007 Goldeneye on the 64. Battletoads might be a fun NES classic character. Shovel Knight having them as a boss was super cool.

Banjo is really the only Rare character I want after K. Rool got in. (Legally, he's not a Rareware character, but come on. Who cared about him after Rare?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555

Honestly I want Mumbo and Grunty as additions to Banjo, A Klungo or Humba Wumba assist trophy would be amazing too.

Mumbo's Final smash could be the Golden Goliath from Mayhem Temple and he would use Various Magic to mess with the opponent, like he could have a move that turns the opponent into a pumpkin for a few seconds and he can batter them around- kinda like when Yoshi eats someone and turns them into an Egg.

Gruntilda would obviously be a HeavyWeight who uses Magic, kinda King K Rool-Esque with Projectiles/Spells, her Final smash would be the charged spell she used in Banjo-Tooie (or the HAG-01).

Its always been my Dream for Banjo to be in Smash but adding more Banjo stuff is just a pipe dream at the moment, well, at least it wouldn't of been if Rare was never bought out.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
We're doing reveal trailers huh?

Trailer starts off with various fighters (don't know which ones) duking it out in a forest setting. As the battle goes on the screen cuts the smash ultimate logo, while the audio of said battle is still going.

The fighting stops as the fighters notice the faint sound of a banjo playing. Specifically the tune that plays in the opening of tooie. All while the camera slowly zooms in on a large rock within the forest.

https://youtu.be/HOxvtdPw_DY
0:00-0:15

As it plays, we cut back to the white screen with an X in the middle (indicating crossover)

Cut to a close up of the banjo being played by a pair of paws. One of the banjo's string breaks before the final note, as it's player sighs out a "doh".

Cut back the the white screen showing the old Rare logo.

Cutting back the the rock, the player gets up to stretch, as a bird like figure from a back pack emerges to do the same. The 2 are obscured by the shadows from the trees, but their outline is visible.

With one big flap or it's wings, the duo flies up and slowly descends in front of the fighters. The camera zooms in on the ground where they land and slowly rises up to reveal banjo kazooie. Banjo give a thumbs up and utters his iconic "guh-huh". The two strike and pose as their main theme plays:

https://youtu.be/dQNAVqW1shA

"BANJO KAZOOIE GET JIGGY WITH IT"

D

Deleted member

So anything new with that indie gamer chick or is it the same as usual?

So anything new with that indie gamer chick or is it the same as usual?
Seems like she’s keeping quiet about the subject ever since she deleted those tweets

I’ve never mentioned it before, but IGC is actually following me on Twitter. I never realized this until her Rare/Nintendo tweets happened and I visited her page. Anyway, I PM’d her asking her if everything she was saying was legit, but she never answered.

Attachments

Top Bottom