• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This, plus it would explain why Nintendo has been so weirdly secretive over Joker and still refuses to show us anything despite obviously being close to if not done already.

Also why they didn't show Joker's face in the last direct, they can't show Joker until the official reveal.

Heck, even Sakurai posted that the next reveal would have both character and stage revealed at once

There was a problem fetching the tweet

So it's obvious Joker is an unusual case here
Yeah, I imagine they want to have both versions ready for when they showcase what Joker can do.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't think it would be any different if it was someone else.
If the theories are correct then it's atlus that is purposely keeping back info on Joker so they can have their own event with Joker info. It just seems like something they could have planned out better.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
What else would ver 3.00 bring other than joker? Probably not a new character, but I don't think its too farfetched that we get a couple of costumes and possibly stage builder

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If the theories are correct then it's atlus that is purposely keeping back info on Joker so they can have their own event with Joker info. It just seems like something they could have planned out better.
I think it's more Nintendo holding back than Atlus.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
What else would ver 3.00 bring other than joker? Probably not a new character, but I don't think its too farfetched that we get a couple of costumes and possibly stage builder
If the next reveal plans to show character and stage then it shows that they are working on multiple DLC packs at a time. The extent is unclear though.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But yeah Sakurai if you know the stage is going to be revealed with the character...How about making that announcement now . Ehhhh...Ehhhhhh ol' Buddy ol' Pal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone update with me and polarpanda

When I discusssed the possibly of banjo being brave she said “I heard some good points towards him ofc”

#banjoforsmashdlc!!!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'd love to see them bring in some more of the missing stages that weren't at launch. I think they should bring in all the stages like they did the characters, honestly. I think even stages like Planet Zebes and Sector Z from the original Smash could make it in despite having similar aesthetics to Brinstar and Corneria. And I can't be the only one who thinks its strange Hanenbow and Pac-Land got in over the likes of Poke Floats and Pac-Maze. I'd love to see Mute City (Melee), Poke Floats, Rainbow Road, Pac-Maze, and Orbital Gate Assault return as part of an update.

Also, it'd be really cool to see them bring back more of the modes, like Home Run Contest, Target Test/Smash, Stage Builder, and Smash Run with some updates on them.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

When I discusssed the possibly of banjo being brave she said “I heard some good points towards him ofc”

#banjoforsmashdlc!!!
I would like to see where she said this, because I talk to polarpanda on a daily basis and even in the group where her and her sources talk oftenly, and she has never said those exact words anywhere, lol. She would love Banjo, that i can assure because both of us support the character, but let's not spread quotations that don't exist please, we know how smash community clings too much on words. I mean it is obvious that there are good points going towards him, like the whole friendship thing going on with microsoft , phil wanting him, etc etc… it's nothing new really. But so far no leaker/insider has fed us anything from the inside that points towards banjo, not yet at least. (I say "us" because i usually get notified at the same time since we are in the same private discord group and we discuss stuff before letting info out in social media.). So yeah i'm interested to see where she said those exact words, cause she hasn't said anything about that in the private group we both are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would like to see where she said this, because I talk to polarpanda on a daily basis and even in the group where her and her sources talk oftenly, and she has never said those exact words anywhere, lol. She would love Banjo, that i can assure because both of us support the character, but let's not spread quotations that don't exist please, we know how smash community clings too much on words. I mean it is obvious that there are good points going towards him, like the whole friendship thing going on with microsoft , phil wanting him, etc etc… it's nothing new really. But so far no leaker/insider has fed us anything from the inside that points towards banjo, not yet at least. (I say "us" because i usually get notified at the same time since we are in the same private discord group and we discuss stuff before letting info out in social media.). So yeah i'm interested to see where she said those exact words, cause she hasn't said anything about that in the private group we both are.
We talk on Twitter dm I’m not making this up

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Hopefully you didn't dig yourself a hole you won't be able to get yourself out of.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well i will know cause i will ask polar personally then. In fact I already did on discord, just waiting for her answer.
This isn’t new info from her idk what the problem is I’m not like twisting her words or something

I’m just trying to cheer you guys up:sadeyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
No offense, but it's sounding more like you're just a random person who DMed them instead of someone they personally know who they would naturally divulge sensitive information to...

It's like if you asked an actor a question about a movie and they gave you a blanket answer and then saying you two are best friends

I'm sure your intentions are good though

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This isn’t new info from her idk what the problem is I’m not like twisting her words or something

That's fine, I'm just gonna confirm with her all this because I literally just asked her this friday about how many leakers/insiders have said anything about banjo or what has been said at all, and her answer was a direct "none", that the only thing we have heard about anything microsoft rep related was the whole steve thing from verge a long time ago (and hasn't been confirmed yet at all, lol). It's just beyond me why would she know points towards brave being Banjo when she hasn't talked aobut it with me and her sources over our private discord group and now I'm suddendly hearing this now, lmao. I will just get her to confirm this because, god knows we have been burnt before (grinch leak and stuff, eww). With this type of thing, official word or actual solid evidence is always needed. It's just the way it is. The intention I appreciate tho :) I will get her to confirm this as soon as she gets online again, she is offline now, probably because it's super late now haha. See ya later in a few hours guys, I will go to sleep myself for now.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

I know your intentions are in good faith. I just don't want you accidentally embarrassing yourself because there was some misunderstanding in the way you two talked.

Mr. Stagg

You gotta understand this means a lot to some of us. I personally appreciate your intentions, lord knows we Banjobros get dumpstered enough by the "insiders" and their bandwagon of bootlickers.

D

Deleted member

That's fine, I'm just gonna confirm with her all this because I literally just asked her this friday about how many leakers/insiders have said anything about banjo or what has been said at all, and her answer was a direct "none", that the only thing we have heard about anything microsoft rep related was the whole steve thing from verge a long time ago (and hasn't been confirmed yet at all, lol). It's just beyond me why would she know points towards brave being Banjo when she hasn't talked aobut it with me and her sources over our private discord group and now I'm suddendly hearing this now, lmao. I will just get her to confirm this because, god knows we have been burnt before (grinch leak and stuff, eww). With this type of thing, official word or actual solid evidence is always needed. It's just the way it is. The intention I appreciate tho :) I will get her to confirm this as soon as she gets online again, she is offline now, probably because it's super late now haha. See ya later in a few hours guys, I will go to sleep myself for now.
She didn’t say brave is banjo or I heard banjo is in all I’m doing is sharing my thoughts with her and what she thinks about them. you must have misheard what I said it wasn't any info it was just what she thinks. She hasent even heard banjo from her main source

And when she said good points she meant by the stuff we been through so all of this was a big misunderstanding

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I hope banjo has good legitament alts unlike the dull lifeless ones like sonic, pacman and cloud

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
If one of the alts isn’t Dragon Kazooie...
I also want a grunty skin.
Banjo with black fur
Striped purple shorts and pack
Green kazooie

Here's another one: reverse alt:
Red banjo
Brown kazooie
Blue shorts
Yellow pack

Last edited:

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
Dz-l7PvUYAAt1D3.jpeg.jpg
Apparently this is one of Joker's costumes in the Persona 5 dancing game. I know it's not a pony tail but I guess the supports the theory that Jane is a female Joker or something

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
3 of Banjo’s alts should be based off the colors in Tooie’s multiplayer. Respectively, there’s green/blue, blue/green, and yellow/purple. Not sure about the other alts; however, I would love a Conker alt where Banjo’s fur is orange, his shorts light blue, and Kazooie brown. I remember seeing that idea for an alt somewhere.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just watch, the minute Joker gets revealed, there will be a new character revealed every month afterwards.

Another Square-Enix rep is definitely coming because of what Polar Panda's sources and other legit sources have said besides Vergeben. So perhaps it's Lora Croft, or maybe it's Elma from Xenoblade X.
Sorry I haven't been following all of Panda's statements. Does that mean we're looking at getting two characters from Square Enix, or are you just reaffirming that a Square character is coming?
Yeah, I asked around on the Geno thread and I haven`t heard anything about that...

This seems like confusing wording.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The way I see it, if you include Piranha Plant along with the other 5 DLC characters that means 6 fighters will be added via DLC, The fighter pass runs until February 2020 which will exactly be 1 year later from now, There are 12 months in a year, (12 ÷ 6 = 2) So it looks like every other month there will be a new fighter.

Piranha Plant acts like the unofficial 1st DLC fighter even though he was free which came at the end of January, close enough till February, Joker will be April a little bit after the 3.0 update in mid to late March and the next revealed fighter will release in June which lines up with E3 ,But will probably get a teaser in April or May, and then it will carry on until the final fighter is unvield in January of next year and released in February 2020 the deadline that was said in the direct.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

#banjoforsmashdlc!!!
I regularly interact with Polar too and I've never seen them say that Banjo has a good chance of even being in the game, let alone being Brave. Are you sure you're talking to the right person?

D

Deleted member

I regularly interact with Polar too and I've never seen them say that Banjo has a good chance of even being in the game, let alone being Brave. Are you sure you're talking to the right person?
Yes it’s the same person

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I’m kinda thinking the February 2020 release might be a deadline to get all 5 dlc characters out. Remember when Piranha Plant was supposed to come out in February but was realeased earlier. Granted it was very late January, but who knows what date it could have been in February for the plant.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I’m kinda thinking the February 2020 release might be a deadline to get all 5 dlc characters out. Remember when Piranha Plant was supposed to come out in February but was realeased earlier. Granted it was very late January, but who knows what date it could have been in February for the plant.
Yeah they'll have to reveal the rest of the characters faster if they want to reach that deadline, even if it's the very last day of February 2020. Don't know how likely it is that they're working on several at the same time, or whether they do use other characters as bases.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

I got the chance to write the months down and essentially plan out the release schedule. If we do see who #2 is in March it'll support my theory that reveals will happen a month before the previous one drops. This'll spread out DLC content over the year and meet the Feb 2020 deadline, provided one character be revealed and released in 3 months rather than the 5 as seen with Joker. Considering we had Jack and Brave together it seems they are working on multiple characters, though not all at the same time.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'd love to see them bring in some more of the missing stages that weren't at launch. I think they should bring in all the stages like they did the characters, honestly. I think even stages like Planet Zebes and Sector Z from the original Smash could make it in despite having similar aesthetics to Brinstar and Corneria. And I can't be the only one who thinks its strange Hanenbow and Pac-Land got in over the likes of Poke Floats and Pac-Maze. I'd love to see Mute City (Melee), Poke Floats, Rainbow Road, Pac-Maze, and Orbital Gate Assault return as part of an update.

Also, it'd be really cool to see them bring back more of the modes, like Home Run Contest, Target Test/Smash, Stage Builder, and Smash Run with some updates on them.
To this day I'm still baffled as to why they chose pac-land instead pac-maze. Not only is it just a better designed stage, but it represents pac-man so much better. Granted there was the power pellet/ghost feature on the 3ds, but I feel that could've been easily tweaked.

osby

Smash Obsessed
To this day I'm still baffled as to why they chose pac-land instead pac-maze. Not only is it just a better designed stage, but it represents pac-man so much better. Granted there was the power pellet/ghost feature on the 3ds, but I feel that could've been easily tweaked.
Sonic has two stages, I don't think it was a matter of choosing one.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would have been fine with that if not for the fact that Ms. Pac-Man's cameo isn't acknowledged as a spirit.

Like what, you can put in sprites of Pac-Land's characters, but not consider Ms. Pac-Man when they can't even find her artwork somehow?

Then there's Yoshi's Woolly World being passed over for seemingly no reason at all other than no longer being relevant with Crafted World's imminent arrival. It's weird.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pac-Maze was based upon the idea of everyone having their own screen, and getting their own pellets. The Ghosts only turn blue for one character at a time. It's probably them considering the mechanic of the stage too important to mess with. It also might've been difficult to recreate, as every stage was re-created, not transferred over. Orbital Gate is also gone for some reason. But I also remember them talking about how it was a hard stage to make during 4. This might be the reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom