• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Banjo is really the only Rare character I want after K. Rool got in. (Legally, he's not a Rareware character, but come on. Who cared about him after Rare?)
If nobody cared about K. Rool after Rare left, he wouldn't have gained the massive amount of support that he got during the Smash Ballot to get him into Ultimate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What would you all prefer his reveal trailer to be like?
1. A recreation of the Banjo-Kazooie intro with Nintendo characters
2. A recreation of the first Super Smash Brothers commerical for Nintendo 64 but it includes Banjo. Full recreation including costumes and the "Happy together" song.
View attachment 194376
Former, but the latter would be far more hilarious.

D

Deleted member

If nobody cared about K. Rool after Rare left, he wouldn't have gained the massive amount of support that he got during the Smash Ballot to get him into Ultimate.
Should have been more careful in my post. I meant that as, "Nintendo didn't care about K. Rool after Rare left beyond average spinoffs).

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Should have been more careful in my post. I meant that as, "Nintendo didn't care about K. Rool after Rare left beyond average spinoffs).
Agreed. Had it not been for the fans voting for him in the Ballot, Nintendo would have kept him buried and dead.
Less that and more of "we have no idea what to do with this guy, oh well, let's just make our own villains, we probably shouldn't mess with him like Paon did".

Speaking of Paon, it seems they completely stopped making games after 2015.

Last edited:
Hopefully this will not only lead to K Rool being included in future DK games again, but also make Nintendo realize how much love fans have for Rare properties. Banjo in Smash and Rare ports to the switch could be another result of that

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I seriously wonder how the Japanese audience takes this, do they take it for granted? Do they just go "oh hey, good of them for keeping the character I wanted in mind even though they didn't make it"?
I'm not sure really. But I'm positive they are more acceptable with characters being Assists, Mii costumes, or spirits if they didn't make the cut to playable compared to how westerners would react to it.

Last edited:

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
I think the reveal trailer could go like this:
A stage with spotlights on characters
Spotlight on Mario grabbing a coin or a star
Spotlight on DK and Diddy grabbing a banana
Then one spotlight on no one until Banjo knocks on the screen and it starts playing the main theme from Banjo-Kazooie and it transitions into gameplay.

D

Deleted member

Seems like she’s keeping quiet about the subject ever since she deleted those tweets

I’ve never mentioned it before, but IGC is actually following me on Twitter. I never realized this until her Rare/Nintendo tweets happened and I visited her page. Anyway, I PM’d her asking her if everything she was saying was legit, but she never answered.
Interesting

To me she seems trustworthy what she heard and the silence after what she said and deleted

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Given that IGC is helping put together a collection of indie games, she's got to be working with developers in the industry, and she seems to have an affinity for Microsoft/Xbox, so that she was talking about Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship- and that she even seemingly has info about that- specifically is something I can believe.

For what it's worth, IGC is also following PapaGenos on Twitter.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I seriously wonder how the Japanese audience takes this, do they take it for granted? Do they just go "oh hey, good of them for keeping the character I wanted in mind even though they didn't make it"?
From what I've seen and heard, their reactions (generally) don't go to such extremes either way. It's probably healthier...

Harassing Sakurai is pretty uncouth and disrespectful, so I'd guess that happens much less over there. Keep in mind when he said that the DLC characters were already chosen, the part where he said to calm down with the requests was only in English.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I feel a bit hypocritical putting stock into IGC for this info since we were quick to denounce people like Vergeben, Hitagi and Xenother. Does it help that IDC's actually got a product from Microsoft in the works? Deleting those tweets raises a few eyebrows and adds some credibility considering she probably got news of a backlash and promptly took them down. Honestly I just want some kind of good news for our Bear and Bird to lighten my spirits up.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I feel a bit hypocritical putting stock into IGC for this info since we were quick to denounce people like Vergeben, Hitagi and Xenother. Does it help that IDC's actually got a product from Microsoft in the works? Deleting those tweets raises a few eyebrows and adds some credibility considering she probably got news of a backlash and promptly took them down. Honestly I just want some kind of good news for our Bear and Bird to lighten my spirits up.
I mean, do any of these other insiders have their own game compilation named after themselves? No? Didn't think so.

While a pile of :shaker: is still needed, she does have actual ground to stand on.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
Given that IGC is helping put together a collection of indie games, she's got to be working with developers in the industry, and she seems to have an affinity for Microsoft/Xbox, so that she was talking about Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship- and that she even seemingly has info about that- specifically is something I can believe.

For what it's worth, IGC is also following PapaGenos on Twitter.
Don't mean to sound rude, but what has Papa Geno's ever actually leaked? People like to bring him up like he a history of breaking real news early, but really he doesn't.

If PG was saying he had a Microsoft connection that said Steve was in and Banjo was a mii costume, a lot of people would suddenly not give him the time of day.

Don't mean to sound rude, but what has Papa Geno's ever actually leaked? People like to bring him up like he a history of breaking real news early, but really he doesn't.

If PG was saying he had a Microsoft connection that said Steve was in and Banjo was a mii costume, a lot of people would suddenly not give him the time of day.
Yeah, as much as I enjoy and appreciate PapaGenos’ content, we shouldn’t be talking about him as if he’s an insider or something

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Doesn't the guy simply report on rumors/leaks that have been dug up by insiders and other sources? It's not like this is LaxChris, who shamelessly brings up everything and anything for views, regardless of how plausible the info is.

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Seems like she’s keeping quiet about the subject ever since she deleted those tweets

I’ve never mentioned it before, but IGC is actually following me on Twitter. I never realized this until her Rare/Nintendo tweets happened and I visited her page. Anyway, I PM’d her asking her if everything she was saying was legit, but she never answered.
Oooh! Keep us updated, please!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Doesn't the guy simply report on rumors/leaks that have been dug up by insiders and other sources? It's not like this is LaxChris, who shamelessly brings up everything and anything for views, regardless of how plausible the info is.
Man, I hate that guy, He's as clickbait crap as it comes on Youtube, I never watched his videos before ,But the guy literally puts videos up every day, I will never give him the satifaction of getting views from me, But it makes me wonder, What the hell does he even talk about for like 10 minutes which seems to be the average length of his videos, There's only so much you can talk about without pulling things outta your ass, It makes me wonder what's he gonna do once Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC cycle comes to an end and Support wraps up.

Probably come up with BS rumors of a Season 2 Pass (Which isn't impossible),But will probably keep making videos about it just to come up with content and get some views.

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Man, I hate that guy, He's as clickbait crap as it comes on Youtube, I never watched his videos before ,But the guy literally puts videos up every day, I will never give him the satifaction of getting views from me, But it makes me wonder, What the hell does he even talk about for like 10 minutes which seems to be the average length of his videos, There's only so much you can talk about without pulling things outta your ***, It makes me wonder what's he gonna do once Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC cycle comes to an end and Support wraps up.

Probably come up with BS rumors of a Season 2 Pass (Which isn't impossible),But will probably keep making videos about it just to come up with content and get some views.
He starts off with the shameless plug for around 2 minutes before actually talking about the video topic, which is majority of the time a text leak from 4chan. He reads the entire leak and once he's done he breaks down the leak by talking about the credibility of the "leaker", the chances of the characters for DLC, and the chances of any other additional content that was mentioned being legit.

And that's pretty much it. Morality aside he's making money on YT with a very low amount of effort, and it's been working for a while. Also because there's always trash leaks being produced everyday day he'll always have a video out and make money from it as long as he follows the same formula he's been using to make money on YT.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
LaxChris also made a video over a Ninten in Smash presentation by TheAnigriffin, something to show how Ninten could work in Smash and how he may be likely, so it was nice of LaxChris to do.

However, apparently he disregarded Ninten and other characters the following week or so, saying something like "who cares about those characters?" or "they're lame." Not nice >:[

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
What I think the worst outcome of the fighter pass would be.
1. Steve
2. Another Final Fantasy Character
3. Dragon Quest character that isn't Slime
4. Raving Rabbids

What I think the best outcome of the fighter pass would be.
1. Banjo
2. Geno/Hat Kid
3. TF2/Overwatch character
4. Phoenix Wright

Honorable mentions that I would be super happy with:
1. Cuphead
2. Rayman
3. Crash
4. Bomberman
5. Dig-Dug
6. Vault Boy
7. Doom Guy
8. Eggman
9. Any other Zelda character that isn't another damn Link
10. Sans

These have been scientifically proven to be the best and worst outcomes dictated by me because I said so.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My predictions for the Season Pass:

1. A Square-Enix rep. It could be either Geno, Erdrick, or Sora.

2. A Microsoft rep. It could be either Banjo & Kazooie or Steve.

3. Porky.

4. Sylux.

We're very possibly looking at not a single one of the DLC characters even being halfway decent.
So you are saying Joker isn't decent? Really.

Man, I hate that guy, He's as clickbait crap as it comes on Youtube, I never watched his videos before ,But the guy literally puts videos up every day, I will never give him the satifaction of getting views from me, But it makes me wonder, What the hell does he even talk about for like 10 minutes which seems to be the average length of his videos, There's only so much you can talk about without pulling things outta your ***, It makes me wonder what's he gonna do once Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC cycle comes to an end and Support wraps up.

He will probably waste his time talking about leaks in other popular games after Ultimate's DLC cycle is over.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
My predictions for the Season Pass:

1. A Square-Enix rep. It could be either Geno, Erdrick, or Sora.

2. A Microsoft rep. It could be either Banjo & Kazooie or Steve.

3. Porky.

4. Sylux.

So you are saying Joker isn't decent? Really.

He will probably waste his time talking about leaks in other popular games after Ultimate's DLC cycle is over.
I was watching a video of Porky's moveset for Smash and while I'm not too familiar with Earthbound and Mother outside of Ness and Lucas and their universe's inclusion into Smash, Porky looked like a really cool character and would not only add another character from Earthbound/Mother, but another desperately needed villain as well! Although, like Donkey Kong and Metroid, I'd love to have there be four representatives each, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and King K. Rool; Samus, Dark Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Ridley; and Ness, Lucas, Ninten (probably an echo), and Porky. That would just make sense and help round out the big franchises even more. But if it ends up being only third-parties for DLC, Banjo & Kazooie is at the tip-top of the list for me. They just make too much sense to not be added.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was watching a video of Porky's moveset for Smash and while I'm not too familiar with Earthbound and Mother outside of Ness and Lucas and their universe's inclusion into Smash, Porky looked like a really cool character and would not only add another character from Earthbound/Mother, but another desperately needed villain as well! Although, like Donkey Kong and Metroid, I'd love to have there be four representatives each, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and King K. Rool; Samus, Dark Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Ridley; and Ness, Lucas, Ninten (probably an echo), and Porky. That would just make sense and help round out the big franchises even more. But if it ends up being only third-parties for DLC, Banjo & Kazooie is at the tip-top of the list for me. They just make too much sense to not be added.
  1. Do we still "desperately" need villains after :ultkrool::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultpiranha:?
  2. Since when Mother is a big franchise?

Voe

Smash Journeyman
What I think the worst outcome of the fighter pass would be.
2. Another Final Fantasy Character
I would welcome another FF character with open arms as long as it's either Vivi, Zidane, Tifa, Barret, or Tidus.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Pie in the sky DLC:
2: Banjo
3: Geno
4: Paper Mario
5: Crash Banicoot

Doubt i'll get half of these but as long as i get banjo idgaf

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Porky is one of my top 5 most wanted characters alongside Banjo & Kazooie. There is some evidence that might suggest that Porky will be in the Season Pass. Such evidence such as:

1. He is one of the few notable missing characters that don't have a spirit.

2. He is the only Subspace Emissary boss that doesn't have a spirit.

3. There is a spirit of the Absolute Safe Capsule, which is Porky's Capsule from Mother 3. But the sprite that is used for the spirit in Ultimate is the empty version, which means Porky isn't in it.

4. Mother's 30th anniversary is coming this year.

5. It's the year of the Pig.

So I think he could be in the Season Pass and will be a promotion for Mother 3 finally getting localized here in the west.

Also, if we get Porky, Yoshi and Captain Falcon will be the only characters left from Smash 64 that doesn't have their villains in yet, so 10 of the original 12 would have their villains in the roster.

Top Bottom