• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

Why do you care? Either what he's said is true or it's false, nothing he says is going to change the DLC. Papagenos isn't into bringing people down.
He knew about :ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:and steve *shrug* in August

“My main source told me about Isabelle, Kencineroar, and Plant. I only started asking for info from them late in the summer though.”

Last edited by a moderator:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
No, I mean why do you have to "bring xenother down"? Just like, don't listen to him. Don't believe him. Whatever. Just let him be. No need to stir up trouble, it's a game. The DLC is already chosen, no matter what anybody says, it's not going to change anything.

Smash Bro 25

Smash Rookie
Something special at VGA's? Nintendo announcing Banjo coming to Smash and creating a Banjo 3 with Microsoft for Switch and Xbox. THAT'S special. We'got enough from other franchises. Dead or alive

General thread is a waste of time, I don't go there anymore... every new "leaker" who says anything is treated like the next messiah. They still talk about Hitagi after all the back tracking... honestly the maturity level of the general thread along with constant bullying of Banjo supporters shows the general age of the posters.

Doesn't shock me though that was the general thread for K. Rool supporters too all the way up to his reveal. Once he showed up everyone acted like they always wanted him but I remember being chased off the general thread in the past because of a general dislike of K. Rool.
This is so true and you are spot on.

It's the same old circle jerk of self important posters going around in circles basically. Add in the standard hyperbole and continuous ****posting from certain posters, you've really gotta wade through the garbage to find/start reasonable discussion. Generally don't take it seriously now and am quite ambivalent to it, but do pop in there from time to time to see what is happening.

The general thread borderline gets a Gamefaqs stench at times, definitely more reasonable and balanced discussion in other areas.

See my sig for an ideal example....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What's funny is that for a game like Smash Bros., I think literally ANY character from any game could be put in as a fighter, and that character would have, or grow to have, many fans. Because humans are varied enough that no matter what, no matter what it is, someone's going to like it and someone won't.

So there's absolutely no reason to campaign against a character; what a waste of time. Instead, let's hear what's good about a character, and see how that compares to what's good about others. Just my thoughts on that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What's funny is that for a game like Smash Bros., I think literally ANY character from any game could be put in as a fighter, and that character would have, or grow to have, many fans. Because humans are varied enough that no matter what, no matter what it is, someone's going to like it and someone won't.

So there's absolutely no reason to campaign against a character; what a waste of time. Instead, let's hear what's good about a character, and see how that compares to what's good about others. Just my thoughts on that.
Agreed, 100%. Some characters aren't even given the time of day enough to get their own threads.

Hell, to cite an example, Prof Fandango decided to pick "old man" characters (e.g. Biff, Captain Cuttlefish, Professor Hector) as Smash picks to draw for a few days, because why not. Just about any choice can be liked, within reason, if they can provide something.

This is so true and you are spot on.

It's the same old circle jerk of self important posters going around in circles basically. Add in the standard hyperbole and continuous ****posting from certain posters, you've really gotta wade through the garbage to find/start reasonable discussion. Generally don't take it seriously now and am quite ambivalent to it, but do pop in there from time to time to see what is happening.

The general thread borderline gets a Gamefaqs stench at times, definitely more reasonable and balanced discussion in other areas.

See my sig for an ideal example....
That place is the worst. It's filled with Waddle Dees that reject anything that goes against the status quo, or dares to think differently than they do (thinking Agumon has more of a chance than somebody like Goku, in particular).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I support Banko-Kazooie in Smash! And on that topic…dare I ask to see a quote from the General thread about hating Banjo-Kazooie?
Here’s one

“Banjo's an outdated character... literally. He spawns from two games that feel outdated to play, while staring in a generally mixed game that people don't like, and honestly feels like a "90s" character.

Steve, meanwhile, feels like his game has more of an impact on the gaming industry, making the way for a ton of indie games. Not to mention him appearing in Smash would draw in a much younger audience, which can boost sales.”

Who even believes this?

All the kids are gonna do is just dab on us

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think if Steve was base that would be a valid point. But kids are not going to buy a game to then buy the DLC to get the character they heard about.

DLC is aimed at a market that already owns the game.

For the casual market, the while everyone is here campaign worked very well.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Steve is just a reskinned blockhead, the character itself has done nothing for minecraft's success, a stage with music and a Steve assist trophy would be more than enough.

Do kids really think Steve is what made minecraft great? lol It can be represented with a sweet stage and minecraft music and be represented perfectly, playable Steve doesnt really do it for me, but oh well he's def got a shot.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright, finally got around to putting the BK icon in my sig again. I honestly don't know if anything will happen this time.

tumblr_inline_p7bikzIBnx1rzarn3_500.jpg

Here’s one

“Banjo's an outdated character... literally. He spawns from two games that feel outdated to play, while staring in a generally mixed game that people don't like, and honestly feels like a "90s" character.

Steve, meanwhile, feels like his game has more of an impact on the gaming industry, making the way for a ton of indie games. Not to mention him appearing in Smash would draw in a much younger audience, which can boost sales.”

Who even believes this?

All the kids are gonna do is just dab on us
I have to say, the last bit to your post is the most hilarious thing I've read so far today. :rotfl:

Remember the guy who said a bk remake at the game awards?

He came back and he’s replying
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/441172623/#441179904
Take it with massive loads of salt

We don’t know if he’s right or not
He also said that the ender dragon would be in the day one patch
Didn’t Grant Kirkhope say on Twitter he knows nothing about this? The dude said Grant is making the music, and Grant straight up said he knows of no new Banjo game

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace

I'm doubting this very much just for "Spiral in" alone, but also because I doubt DLC characters will get trailers beyond gameplay.

Regarding Grant Kirkhope... I know nobody would be happy to hear this but it's very possible he's just... not doing the music. It would be a sin against god, but he doesn't work with Rare anymore.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm doubting this very much just for "Spiral in" alone, but also because I doubt DLC characters will get trailers beyond gameplay.

Regarding Grant Kirkhope... I know nobody would be happy to hear this but it's very possible he's just... not doing the music. It would be a sin against god, but he doesn't work with Rare anymore.
I mean, that is the biggest red flag, so that /v/ guy should be dismissed because of it.

D

Deleted member

Please no steve
Please no steve
Please no steve
Please no steve

I just want banjo back

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Check Xbox UK account in 1 hour. Leaker is trying to prove that he has inside info by predicting their next tweet which will be a gamers pass with some banjos image on it or sth like that

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Please no steve
Please no steve
Please no steve
Please no steve

I just want banjo back
Steve doesn't mean no Banjo though. So even if it does happen, no reason to give up. Even Grant Kirkhope aside, I'm not sure a Banjo announcement would appeal to the mass that watches the awards show.

For what it's worth it seems a little too soon to go into the DLC fighters, but that Reggie discussion wouldn't surprise me if there was something Smash related like "we plan on adding new features throughout next year", or some sort of teaser like that. But the game does officially drop the next day, so a DLC teaser to promote the Fighters Pass really doesn't seem that outlandish an idea either. Who knows.

D

Deleted member

Steve doesn't mean no Banjo though. So even if it does happen, no reason to give up. Even Grant Kirkhope aside, I'm not sure a Banjo announcement would appeal to the mass that watches the awards show.

For what it's worth it seems a little too soon to go into the DLC fighters, but that Reggie discussion wouldn't surprise me if there was something Smash related like "we plan on adding new features throughout next year", or some sort of teaser like that. But the game does officially drop the next day, so a DLC teaser to promote the Fighters Pass really doesn't seem that outlandish an idea either. Who knows.
He said banjo was leakbait:(

And he trusts hitagi that said banjo wasn’t even a choice:(

Also xenother liked your post *gulp*

Why dose everything have to be in the wrong direction?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin Little

Smash Ace

I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe Playtonic would develop the Banjo Duology Remake. If I were to entertain this as real, then Yooka Laylee as a franchise would definitely need to go in a different direction to separate it from its now rejuvenated inspiration. Maybe make it more linear.

We know Grant Kirkhope is working with Playtonic for their next project along with David Wise contributing. If I were to again entertain this, then that could possibly mean Wise could compose some tracks for a Banjo game for the first time ever, not counting Diddy Kong Racing.

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Check Xbox UK account in 1 hour. Leaker is trying to prove that he has inside info by predicting their next tweet which will be a gamers pass with some banjos image on it or sth like that
That is easy to predict. Banjo is in a lot of Xbox marketing recently. In fact Xbox had a kiosk in my local shopping mall in London, to promote Xbox Gamer Pass free trial,
and Banjo was on the graphics. If true the tweet is just going to be gamer pass related.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Gregg Mayles denied anything Banjo-Kazooie being made, and he would know more than Grant Kirkhope. Sorry, it ain't happening. Though I'd still love to see something Smash related announced at the VGAs, but if this source is saying a Banjo game is happening, it's not a very good source... which is a shame, because it'd be such a perfect timing opportunity to announce Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. Who knows, maybe it still could, but there's nothing to suggest it will other than hope.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
He said banjo was leakbait:(

And he trusts hitagi that said banjo wasn’t even a choice:(

Also xenother liked your post *gulp*

Why dose everything have to be in the wrong direction?!?
I'm sure xenother liked my post because I was trying to defend against you the notion of you somehow trying to destroy him.

Serious question, why are you believing any and everything that the current batch of text leakers are talking about? They might be true, they might not, but you're definitely letting it get to you. Step away from it and wait for some official news.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I think the main issue with Steve (at least from a Banjo supporter’s perspective) is how we don’t know if both Banjo and him will make it in.

There is a possibility we could get both Banjo and Steve, but the uncertainty of whether we can have both or only one is what puts most Banjo supporters on edge about Steve’s potential inclusion.

While I won’t speak for everyone, I think a lot of Banjo fans would be more willing to accept Steve if Banjo made it in as well.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Never believe a text leak. On top of that, never ever believe a text leak that's explaining a trailer's sequences in detail. It's always some bored kid's daydream.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
All the Steve hate is the stupidest crap I continue to see around this place and elsewhere online... If Minecraft anything makes it into Smash Bros. that can only be a good thing, and it seems like Steve haters seem to ignore this point entirely, or they don't seem to understand. Minecraft is the reason why Microsoft and Nintendo are so close right now to begin with, and if that relationship does not exist, Banjo-Kazooie could not possibly exist ever in Smash Bros., and that's straight up FACT. So stop treating Minecraft or Steve like the enemy, they're not, they're a huge ally, HUGE. If we get Steve first, so be it, Steve can lead to Banjo, that'd be great. If we just get Banjo, awesome, but we still have Minecraft to thank for that. So next time any of you want to complain and groan about Steve, please remember these facts.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
All the Steve hate is the stupidest crap I continue to see around this place and elsewhere online... If Minecraft anything makes it into Smash Bros. that can only be a good thing, and it seems like Steve haters seem to ignore this point entirely, or they don't seem to understand. Minecraft is the reason why Microsoft and Nintendo are so close right now to begin with, and if that relationship does not exist, Banjo-Kazooie could not possibly exist ever in Smash Bros., and that's straight up FACT. So stop treating Minecraft or Steve like the enemy, they're not, they're a huge ally, HUGE. If we get Steve first, so be it, Steve can lead to Banjo, that'd be great. If we just get Banjo, awesome, but we still have Minecraft to thank for that. So next time any of you want to complain and groan about Steve, please remember these facts.
People's problem (and mine) is that we can totally see Microsoft being satisfied with Minecraft and just leaving it there; especially if he comes first. They probably think "Well ****, why release Banjo? We wouldn't get nearly as much money that we got from Steve"

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
That's still better than nothing though. If we don't have Microsoft at all, Banjo-Kazooie is straight up impossible. If we get maybe just Steve for this game, because of Microsoft's cooperation, that opens the door later on for the possibility of Banjo in another DLC or another Smash game. Point being, it creates the possibility because Microsoft is now a partner, which is the opposite of a bad thing.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
That's still better than nothing though. If we don't have Microsoft at all, Banjo-Kazooie is straight up impossible. If we get maybe just Steve for this game, because of Microsoft's cooperation, that opens the door later on for the possibility of Banjo in another DLC or another Smash game. Point being, it creates the possibility because Microsoft is now a partner, which is the opposite of a bad thing.
I'm not really content waiting for the next game cause most likely everyone WON'T be there. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Banjo (unless the next game is just a port, which I admit is what I'm thinking)

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah if there was any smash game banjo kazooie where going to be apart of then it should be the EVERYONE IS HERE smash game otherwise whats the point ? if simon belmont & a piranha plant can be in the ULTIMATE smash game but not banjo that says a lot about how nintendo & sakurai feel about him not important enoght to be considered part of nintendo history heck the next smash could only have 20 characters & play completly diffrent for all we know sakurai might be like well i made this ultimate smash with everyone whats next? oh something new & diffrent

Banjo should of been in base game the fact he is not is a crime IMO

g1clank

Smash Rookie
yeah if there was any smash game banjo kazooie where going to be apart of then it should be the EVERYONE IS HERE smash game otherwise whats the point ? if simon belmont & a piranha plant can be in the ULTIMATE smash game but not banjo that says a lot about how nintendo & sakurai feel about him not important enoght to be considered part of nintendo history heck the next smash could only have 20 characters & play completly diffrent for all we know sakurai might be like well i made this ultimate smash with everyone whats next? oh something new & diffrent

Banjo should of been in base game the fact he is not is a crime IMO
But it makes more sense financially to have him be a part of DLC so Microsoft can take a cut of every pack sold

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Guys gotta realize that they're dealing with Microsoft here, and that's not very easy to do as a console competitor, if Minecraft is what gets their foot in the door, down the hallway is Banjo-Kazooie. It just might be the process they have to take, and it may not be an immediate thing (though it also, may... I'm hoping Banjo-Kazooie comes first like the rest of you). So if baby steps is what it takes, and it's the best we can get... I'll take it.

Top Bottom