• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

It's not even just Vergeben saying SE DLC.

PolarPanda's source has heard Geno; though now he's not sure, he apparently still thinks SE DLC because he's saying anyone who says anything more than SE is wrong/making up crap; although what PapaGenos has heard is possible imo and his source may be true.

There's probably not much in base-game because SE wanted DLC content. If Nintendo/Sakurai is willing to deal with them, they will. They have enough money and make enough to gain it back.
This makes sense to me. The lack of SE content in the base version of Smash may be less indicative of them being stingy and more so of the fact that they negotiated very late, so Sakurai didn't have time to put anything else in.

But now that negotiations are complete, we could get a DLC pack that includes more music and such along with the character and stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no "if Vergeben has gotten anything wrong". He's been outright wrong about many leaks in the past, and his Smash info isn't 100% accurate. There's no Minecraft or SE newcomer.

He only backtracked later and said they were DLC after the fact. And the SE rep was "DLC" when the box theory took off.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember Vergeben ever specifically saying the Minecraft or SE content would be in the base game. All I remember him saying is that it’s something that was happening. For all he knew, it could’ve been base game or DLC, so not seeing any of it in the base game would obviously make one assume it would be DLC

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
There's no "if Vergeben has gotten anything wrong". He's been outright wrong about many leaks in the past, and his Smash info isn't 100% accurate. There's no Minecraft or SE newcomer.

He only backtracked later and said they were DLC after the fact. And the SE rep was "DLC" when the box theory took off.
He never specified initially that it was for base either. So calling it backtracking it is simply under the assumption of thinking he meant them as for base. I wouldn't be jumping ahead saying we won't get an SE newcomer, cause if one DLC happens to be a SE character, you're gonna look dumb.

volbound1700

Smash Master
People are so dramatic on GameFAQs, it's absurd. Like, I want Banjo-Kazooie in Smash more than just about anything in the world at the moment, but if they don't make it, they don't make it. I personally can't imagine convincing yourself that the DLC is going to suck when, let's be real, we know nothing about the DLC. Even if it's 5 characters I don't particularly like, they all come with a stage too, and I have faith in Sakurai and his team to make whoever gets added to be fun.
You missed the point. They were responding to a list of 5 characters that included Steve and some other garbage nobody wanted.

D

Deleted member

Ok I found a rumor it not 100% confirmed but I want to see what you think
03ED887B-E701-4229-A57B-9960EB64AC2D.png

Take it with a massive grain of salt because I am and you all should too
Is it just me, or does the general thread hate Banjo?
They do

I talked them about him and they owned me with irelavent verge xenother and Steve *srugs*

Word of advice Never visit there ever.

There usually seems to be a divide between people who love Banjo and 100% want them in Smash, and people who just ****-talk on Banjo and Banjo supporters and often resort to name-calling. It’s quite immature honestly. Most non-Banjo people give off the impression that Banjo was before their time and they’ve never actually given them a chance but yet they still talk smack anyway

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I talked them about him and they owned me with irelavent verge xenother and Steve *shrugs*

Word of advice Never visit there ever.
Smash speculation is nothing but people following the words of a person who made one or two lucky guesses and now has a flock of sheep eating their every word.

View attachment 180760
That’s definitely interesting. But I don’t know how believable it is that an amiibo vendor would know that much information. And if they did, I doubt they could just freely talk about it with some random target employee

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
View attachment 180760
I saw someone making a "believable" "I work for Target" story like this a few months ago or so, except instead of Banjo-Kazooie and Amiibos, it was something like: that the girl he knew worked at Nintendo and heard higher-ups talking about "the swordguy from Golden Sun" or "Isaac."

Last edited:

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Most non-Banjo people give off the impression that Banjo was before their time and they’ve never actually given them a chance but yet they still talk smack anyway
I think you're right on this. Everytime I go to that thread, I get the impression that everyone is around 14-16. And I see Banjo so little compared to other way more obscure characters. So maybe they just don't care for them because they never played the game due to being before their time.

Or maybe not, because I do see a lot of Geno support there and he's older than Banjo. So I don't know...

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
General thread is a waste of time, I don't go there anymore... every new "leaker" who says anything is treated like the next messiah. They still talk about Hitagi after all the back tracking... honestly the maturity level of the general thread along with constant bullying of Banjo supporters shows the general age of the posters.

Doesn't shock me though that was the general thread for K. Rool supporters too all the way up to his reveal. Once he showed up everyone acted like they always wanted him but I remember being chased off the general thread in the past because of a general dislike of K. Rool.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I think you're right on this. Everytime I go to that thread, I get the impression that everyone is around 14-16. And I see Banjo so little compared to other way more obscure characters. So maybe they just don't care for them because they never played the game due to being before their time.

Or maybe not, because I do see a lot of Geno support there and he's older than Banjo. So I don't know...
Geno has the advantage of being tied to Mario, who is still relevant, so it'd make sense that they'd give Geno a chance but not Banjo.

Ironically though, I never played many games outside of Mario and Pokemon as a kid, but Donkey Kong was Mario related, Diddy Kong Racing had Banjo in it, I played Banjo from recognizing him in DKR, so I guess I gave Banjo a chance due to his ties with Mario too... but then, the ties with Mario are a lot harder to see in 2018.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I can't wait until Banjo & Kazooie are officially confirmed then we won't have to hear the names Vergeben and Hitagi ever again.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I can't wait until Banjo & Kazooie are officially confirmed then we won't have to hear the names Vergeben and Hitagi ever again.
Then there's just always going to be "leaks" about wave 2 of DLC being discussed. The ride never ends... unless they say "no more DLC" or something.

D

Deleted member

That’s definitely interesting. But I don’t know how believable it is that an amiibo vendor would know that much information. And if they did, I doubt they could just freely talk about it with some random target employee
I said it’s not 100% confirmed

Well just wait and see what happens

In other words

papagenos papagenos what do you think about PolarPanda PolarPanda geno source is he trustworthy?
6ABF70E6-C262-4919-8BAD-48076131B352.png

JonSmash

Smash Ace
but banjo is tied to mario & dk just like geno so that logic don't make sense plus now that K Rool is IN smash polls show that in the west Banjo Kazooie is THE most wanted character now & he is still high up in the east

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
PolarPanda has verified his source with a lot of members here (not me, I never asked), including long-time members such as Fatmanonice.

His source's info could be wrong, but his source is legit nonetheless.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Like I said, the connection to Mario isn't as clear as it was in 1998. Besides, Geno is in a game WITH Mario, while Banjo was in a game with a guy who knows a guy who was in a game with Mario.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Banjo was on multiple promos an N64 box & has a 2 pack toy pack with mario lol probly even more (he even blew off the head of an 8-bit mario in his Nuts & bolts trailer a game that refrences mario as being canon to there world)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
He never specified initially that it was for base either. So calling it backtracking it is simply under the assumption of thinking he meant them as for base. I wouldn't be jumping ahead saying we won't get an SE newcomer, cause if one DLC happens to be a SE character, you're gonna look dumb.
I didn't say we wouldn't, but it's very unlikely based on the information we have.

Either way, Vergeben's initial information was presented as base game (as he only stated after the box theory that it may be DLC). It's therefor incorrect.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I think there has been some kind of misunderstanding. We're talking about the people in the general thread and how this was before their time. They support Geno because he's in a game with Mario, but they don't support Banjo, because they weren't there for Diddy Kong Racing or the time period in which Banjo would have been one of the faces on the Nintendo Mt. Rushmoore.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I said it’s not 100% confirmed

Well just wait and see what happens

In other words

papagenos papagenos what do you think about PolarPanda PolarPanda geno source is he trustworthy?
View attachment 180766
PolarPanda talked to me about their source, they told me a bit about who the source is and they do seem like the type who would be able to get smash info and from the sounds of things they seem legit to me. However thats just going off of what PolarPanda told me so I have no proof of them having legit info...I've just been told what they knew in the past and supposedly got right, so we'll see, but I dont really doubt it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
PolarPanda talked to me about their source, they told me a bit about who the source is and they do seem like the type who would be able to get smash info and from the sounds of things they seem legit to me. However thats just going off of what PolarPanda told me so I have no proof of them having legit info...I've just been told what they knew in the past and supposedly got right, so we'll see, but I dont really doubt it.
Since i'm part of the discord they both are in, I can vouche for that. Stuff that this insider gave us info about actually came true, such as the Animal Crossing Switch game announcement among other things.

D

Deleted member

I went to the general thread once. They seemed to be talking about something crazy off topic like what anime shows they were watching, so I never went back. I think the more focused threads are more enjoyable anyway.

It is sad when such a beloved character gets so much hate, but then again I couldn't care less about some characters people always talk about, like Waluigi or Sora.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
People always seem to bring up the VGAs as a big maybe, but I know Nintendos announced stuff before there I think, they haven't announced anything for Smash before.

I mean, I'm not gonna rule it out, but I'll expect nothing. It'd be truly bizarre if they announced the first DLC fighter, let alone Banjo at the VGA's.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
As much as I would like to see some Banjo-Kazooie announcement at the VGA's,(Smash/Threeie/Reboot) I'm not expecting it to happen, We have a better chance of seeing a Metroid Prime 4 trailer with A Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster announcement which I would still be happy about ,But would still rather have Banjo-Kazooie. (Not that both can't happen ,But I doubt it)

JonSmash

Smash Ace
the VGA's ? you mean that really really long glorified commercial made just for "GAMERZ" ? really feels like a decent number of the games that win a bought off IMO or they will be bought off in a few years time just like how "games journalists" are bought off or given free stuff to write good reviews for whatever big triple AAA game is comming out "oh this game is buggy & has some problems 8.9/10 !"

yeah Metroid Prime or another look at Bayonetta 3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn’t verge said our first dlc rep is a se character after the shortage of content it got?

I want to doubt that do you?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Didn’t verge said our first dlc rep is a se character after the shortage of content it got?

I want to doubt that do you?
No because that means no Geno.

Lack of base-game content = SE wanted DLC

Vergeben's list has Geno on it.

-Vergeben could have illegitimate info, but let's not discount an SE character just because Vergeben said it, gosh. Them not having much base-game content doesn't mean they won't have DLC, there are other factors such as licensing and stuff and not just Square's stinginess, plus Geno sounds like the easiest to make a deal for.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No because that means no Geno.

Lack of base-game content = SE wanted DLC

Vergeben's list has Geno on it.

-Vergeben could have illegitimate info, but let's not discount an SE character just because Vergeben said it, gosh. Them not having much base-game content doesn't mean they won't have DLC, there are other factors such as licensing and stuff and not just Square's stinginess, plus Geno sounds like the easiest to make a deal for.
I just want xenother to be debunked

Please don’t do devils advocate on me dude

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just want xenother to be debunked

Please don’t do devils advocate on me dude
Xenother? What'd he even say?

PolarPanda's source says anyone who claims to know anything more than the SE character is most-likely wrong or something; so it could be bad info if they're legit. The SE character can be real while the rest of their claims are wrong.

I also don't see how I'm playing Devil's Advocate.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
For those who say a Square character will be the first DLC, keep in mind that he also said Simon would be revealed at E3. Verge has been wrong on some of the minor details with Ultimate.

Based off of how leakers would realistically get their intel, dates are harder to find out than raw info.

D

Deleted member

Alright guys I contacted papagenos and billybo10k to see if they can bring xenother down

Top Bottom